The Legend / Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
ackirom

Post by ackirom » Sep 30th, '07, 18:02

OMG! I just watched ep.7 thankfully with subs and wow!! I was hoping something would happen between them! Yay!!! Just because something else happened hundreds of years ago, doesn't mean the same thing should happen in the new lifetime right? Otherwise, what's the point of knowing history if you won't avoid its negative consequences :cheers:

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Sep 30th, '07, 20:32

i just finished watching ep 7 too =D its getting sooo exciting!

im waiting for the drama between dam duk and sujini 8D

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 1st, '07, 00:42

Wow, each episode is getting better and better by the second! So much went on already, and I'm amazed at how the main characters are fitting right into their roles.
I'm confused as how Ho Gae and Dam Duk were both born under the stars of Joo Shin. I thought Dam Duk is the one that's suppose to the be king, how is it that there's Ho Gae that was also born under the star of Joo Shin? I don't remember anything from the 1st episode about him when Sujini's master was telling the story about 2,000 years ago. :scratch:
I can't wait to see the next episode, so exciting! :lol

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 1st, '07, 01:00

khmai_kandi22 wrote:
I'm confused as how Ho Gae and Dam Duk were both born under the stars of Joo Shin. I thought Dam Duk is the one that's suppose to the be king, how is it that there's Ho Gae that was also born under the star of Joo Shin? I don't remember anything from the 1st episode about him when Sujini's master was telling the story about 2,000 years ago. :scratch:
Well,
about 10 mins into episode 2, before the part where they're hammering the metals, you see some earthquake and the priestess of the Oracle saying something, and then Ho Gae's mom giving birth in a very ornate tub. Unbeknownst to Ho Gae's parents, another birth was taking place at the very same moment. And in the next scene you see Dam Duk's father looking for his wife, who, for some reason, ran to a stable, or a "manger" to give birth as well. Both births took place under the Star of Joo Shin but I think Ho Gae was born a little late, while Dam Duk was born just when the star was at its brightest. They explained this in ep.7
:thumleft:

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 1st, '07, 01:30

@ackirom
Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing it up. 8)

Gummi Bear

Post by Gummi Bear » Oct 1st, '07, 03:43

Damdeok mother ran into the forest to give birth alone because she does not want anybody to know that her son was born exactly at the moment the star of Joo Suk was brightest. She wants to hide that fact because she knew he would be in danger if someone else knew. She wanted his birthday to be 3 days later (the day she died).

Its going to get better and better, did anybody watch the 10 minutes plus preview of ep 8 and 9 yet? Its SOOO EXCITING!!!

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Oct 1st, '07, 03:52

Gummi Bear wrote:Damdeok mother ran into the forest to give birth alone because she does not want anybody to know that her son was born exactly at the moment the star of Joo Suk was brightest. She wants to hide that fact because she knew he would be in danger if someone else knew. She wanted his birthday to be 3 days later (the day she died).

Its going to get better and better, did anybody watch the 10 minutes plus preview of ep 8 and 9 yet? Its SOOO EXCITING!!!
i did!! eeek!! =D

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 1st, '07, 17:59

From what I understand, Kiha is under the control of Hwachun and she has to do whatever the elder orders her to do. But is she simply following his order or is she literally being mind-controlled by him? Another part I don't get is the Phoenix heart and King of Jisoo. I initially thought it lighted up because Damduek was on Kiha's mind. But when it lighted up in front of Ho Gae, I wasn't sure anymore.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 1st, '07, 18:16

Kumaxell wrote:From what I understand, Kiha is under the control of Hwachun and she has to do whatever the elder orders her to do. But is she simply following his order or is she literally being mind-controlled by him? Another part I don't get is the Phoenix heart and King of Jisoo. I initially thought it lighted up because Damduek was on Kiha's mind. But when it lighted up in front of Ho Gae, I wasn't sure anymore.
I'm thinking that she's just being mind-controlled by him. In episode 7, it mentioned that she was branded by Hwachun. Plus, it seems like she isn't following his orders either. Otherwise, she wouldn't have charged her horse to go kill him or something.

As for the Phoenix being lighted up, I think she was being mind-controlled by Hwachun to make the phoenix light up in front of Ho-Gae. When she woke up the next morning, it was as if she didn't remember what happened.

Well, that's just what I think. Feel free to correct me if you want. :-)

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Oct 1st, '07, 23:47

well i thought that the phoenix heart lighted up because of sujini. wasnt there a scene when the phoenix lighted up and then the next scene, sujini was dreaming of sae-oh and fire?... hmmm

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 4th, '07, 20:28

Yeah because at that moment Sujini was in the same house because she's a prisoner of the Yon family with the team of the Black horses.But when she makes the dream of her past live it's really frightenning to see how her power is so powerfull.

But it's difficult to make statement on this subject, i'm confused about the story of the two sisters and their powers.
But I really want to see sujini use the power of the scarlet phoenix, she begin to awake little by little.Moreover in the preview we can see that dam Duk will begin to see her differently when she goes to help him.

I'm so disappointed I read somewhere that there'll be no Tae Wang sa shin ki this week, we've to wait the next week, I was so impatient to see episode 8 and 9.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 4th, '07, 22:20

After having watched up to 7 episodes with the subtitles that are available (thanks sooo much WITHS2, you guys rock), I'm, like, mega in admiration of this drama.

I really like it. I like pretty much all the characters, and the weave of melodrama and intrigue here and there.

What I like most about it, probably, is the decor: the sets, costumes, and the overall "look" of the show. It's really nice. I didn't fully appreciate it until recently which is why I'm writing now.

17 episodes more to go!

Fobik

Post by Fobik » Oct 7th, '07, 09:04

did 8 and 9 air this week?

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 7th, '07, 14:00

They'll be on air wednesday and thursday.

kitty45

twssg

Post by kitty45 » Oct 7th, '07, 21:52

can any one tell me where i might be able to find TWSSG with english subtitles? i'd love to watch it in korean ... if i could understand the language.
thank you :)

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 7th, '07, 21:53

You can find the english subtitles, in the section subtitles of the forum.

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Oct 7th, '07, 22:48

gah i love this so far!!!
except for i dont think the actress playing ki ha fits that part very well...
she was pretty good in the first episode when she's all evil and vengeful, but
now she's supposed to be this (somewhat)innocent, frail, and poised priestess
but yea.... not working for me.... i don't see that in her.... :glare:

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 10th, '07, 06:11

OMG, I just finished watching CANE on CBS and when I turned to ch.18, this show was on!!! It's 11:06pm right now, in Los Angeles, on LA-18, and the 3rd episode is on! I'm watching the last part. Of course, it's a crappy quality since it's not broadcasted in HD. But the worst part of all, it's NOT subtitled!!! :x

EDIT: Oh btw, the title of the show, my tv says, is Gag-ya :scratch:

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 11th, '07, 00:22

OMG, I just finished watching CANE on CBS and when I turned to ch.18, this show was on!!! It's 11:06pm right now, in Los Angeles, on LA-18, and the 3rd episode is on! I'm watching the last part. Of course, it's a crappy quality since it's not broadcasted in HD. But the worst part of all, it's NOT subtitled!!! Mad
Yeah, for some reason, they're airing Legend episodes on Tuesdays where the Coffee Prince slot should be. Also, it's labeled "MBC America", which is usually not-so when we get the MBC World broadcasts.

I thought they were doing this due to the Korean summit, kinda changing up the view scheduling, but I think this would hose their regular scheduling when Time of Dog and Wolf finishes airing here in a few weeks (i.e. The Legend is supposed to follow Dog+Wolf.)

I only caught the first episode on 18, and it completely left me slack-jawed. I don't think I've ever seen this level of production in an Asian drama (fantasy movies, sure) like this before.

And BYJ truly rides the fine line between the ridiculous and the sublime with that long white hair.

Kinda rooting for Lee Ji Ah here. I think she may be Korean American as she's a graduate of Pasadena Art College. Probably can speak a little Mandarin too.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 11th, '07, 01:09

belleza wrote: Yeah, for some reason, they're airing Legend episodes on Tuesdays where the Coffee Prince slot should be. Also, it's labeled "MBC America", which is usually not-so when we get the MBC World broadcasts.
You mean there's a difference? Yeah, I saw the MBC America logo too. What's MBC World? Are you supposed to get that on channel 18? Can you actually subscribe to Korean channels? And if so, would it be broadcasted on hi-def? Oh and what's that about Korean summit.

There's something else I thought was weird. When I went to the MBC site (in English) this drama wasn't listed there.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 11th, '07, 06:31

Episode 8 was so awesome. I feel like I'm in geek mode. I haven't been this excited about -any- tv in long time. :lol

The horses, the swords, the arrows, the heros and allies, the villains, the magic.

Also,

The music.

For whatever reason, I was feeling a little skeptical toward Joe Hisaishi's output, but his music is really coming together and making sense to me in a way that I would have doubted through the first few episodes. I totally dig this aspect about this show, the way the show's aesthetics take a while to gel.

:cheers:

---

ackirom,

The Korean summit refers to the fact that South Korean president went up to North Korea to meet Kim Jong Il. Of course being what it is, it was covered extensively by news thus knocking the dramas off air.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 11th, '07, 17:50

Oh my god episode 8 was awesome, it was so difficult to wait more than a week to see it.
I'm downloading episode 9; maybe if clubbox goes fast, I can watch it tonight.I really hope that I can watch it tonight.

This show is really great.I'm really enjoying it.
And yeah, I really love the music.

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 11th, '07, 20:58

You mean there's a difference? Yeah, I saw the MBC America logo too. What's MBC World? Are you supposed to get that on channel 18? Can you actually subscribe to Korean channels? And if so, would it be broadcasted on hi-def? Oh and what's that about Korean summit.
I don't know about the conditions about getting Korean HD, which I imagine (if possible) only comes from satellite TV. The Legend is kind of a special situation for MBC, because it was made with the international market in mind, and that was supposed to include selling toward the Asian American market. Also, apparently there's going to be some kind of staggered DVD release (i.e. DVDs come out even before the drama finishes airing?) -- I wouldn't be surprised if the official DVD release is a full 5.1 production with Mandarin, Japanese and Cantonese overdubs.

BTW, not sure if you're aware, but in Los Angeles, the 8-11:30pm slot is allotted for MBC World on Channel 18, and the same slot is allotted for KBS World on Channel 44. Both run programs about 6 weeks behind the airing time in Korea, though with subtitles. I think Dog and Wolf has only another 3 weeks before the next show follows; that show should be the Legend.

From what I've been reading around, the show's been getting mixed reviews over its casting. But this looks like the perfect show for both Chinese and Japanese markets, and this is really like nothing that's ever been attempted in the Asian TV market.

Not only that, but apparently the manga-ka of Rose of Versailles has been hired to adapt The Legend into a manga. Yes, okasans of Japan, BYJ can now be enjoyed as an androgynous, long-haired, boy-man bishie. Yaaayyyyy!!! :D

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 12th, '07, 19:49

OMG!! I just watched episode 8. Horses, swords and arrows, oh my! That was very good indeed. And the preview for ep.9 was even more exciting! w/a clip of that little thing between Kiha and Dam Deok's father! Wow!!!! That looked great. I can't wait 'til ep.9 finishes dling.

@ Ssang: Thanks for the info. Now I see why tv shows would be postponed for something like that.

@ belleza: Thanks, I didn't know about the broadcasting slot times. I don't usually go to 18 or 44 on weekdays, esp. during Primetime since I'm watching, House or Grey's or CSI. And about the casting... I can kinda understand. I mean, Ho Gae's supposed to be younger than Dam Deok, but during their adolescent years, Ho Gae obvioulsy looked like he was 14 when he was supposed to be 10. And Kiha looked about the same age as Sujini at that time too, when she was supposed to be 5 years older. And what's up with Sujini's guardian. How come he aged so much, lol. Also, later on, from what I understood, Dam Deok and Ho Gae as they are now(Bae Yong Jun and Yoon Tae Young), are supposed to be 17 or 18 years old? But they look considerably older than that. Either that or I forgot to add 10 more years. And yeah, I've heard about the BYJ adaptation into a manga character (something about the manga-ka's friends being huge fans of BYJ?)

Staggered DVDs are cool, but I hope they release HD-DVDs as well :lol And not just for this show, but for the other dramas as well. :cheers:

mera

Post by mera » Oct 13th, '07, 08:21

ackirom
Completely agree with you ..... when I first read they were 17... I was like that ==> :blink
then I couldn't stop laughing ....they are all above 30 :lol :lol :lol
may be it could be better if they say they are 27 :unsure: just a littel better
well anyway I enjoyed watching the drama & hope it will be good till the end :mrgreen:
but I don't know why its rating keeps down :-( ???? I thought ep 8 was boring but from your replies seems it is a very interesting ep
I am going to watch it now even without subtitle :mrgreen: & try to finish dl ep 9 today
see you after finnish watching

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 15th, '07, 13:44

mera wrote:
but I don't know why its rating keeps down :-( ????
well, maybe cuz in the same time there was a new drama on SBS called lobbyist & it's also worth to watch..

silverwingz

Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi OST is out!

Post by silverwingz » Oct 18th, '07, 16:22

The OST's out u guys... so i thought I'd share it with u guys here as well...

Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi OST:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MUT4FIVS

Credits: cashewmania's CB

jaejin

Post by jaejin » Oct 18th, '07, 19:36

If you want an alternative link:

http://community.livejournal.com/gosenshi/13077.html

It's on zShare, I upload the episodes there too.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 18th, '07, 20:01

I've downloaded it from clubbox this afternoon and I'm listening it again and again since this afternoon
I can't wait to see episode 11.Things getting intense.
I've almost download episode 11, if only my connection was faster. :x

I love sujini more and more.She's such a great fighter and has such a good personnality.She's brave, loyal and always positive.And so cute.
Soon DD couldn't resist anymore to her beauty, he's already under her charm but he doens't know yet.

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 19th, '07, 07:33

I'll upload the OST to MF link later if someone want..

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 19th, '07, 10:45

Oh my god, I watched episode 11 this morning, things really gonna getting intense and the action has started.
Divison between Kiha and DD, and DD and sujini become closer, she's so cute and so loyal to him.
Kiha remembers everything about her past life as Kajin,and as she see DD enjoy so much his time with Sujini, her hatred toward DD grows.(Preview of episode 12)
Can't wait to see what's going to happen, and I long to see the dragon god

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 19th, '07, 21:14

I uploaded to my LJ with MF link if u want to download it.. :-)

The Legend OST

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Oct 20th, '07, 01:17

OK so I'm totally loving this series but I'm completely confused about the first episode! I'm hoping someone can help explain this to me...
So we know that Sujini is the reincarnation of Sae o, and that Kiha is the reincarnation of Gajin...which explains the same actresses...but Damdeok isn't the reincarnation of Hwan Woong (I highly doubt its possible for someone to be the reincarnation of a deity figure who isn't/can't die) so then why is Bae Yong Joon playing both roles? Its just confusing to me because if Sae o was Hwan Woong's past love then how odd is it she's Damdeok's love now and he's not really connected to Hwan Woong in anyway except for a look alike?

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 20th, '07, 01:48

@ Anzu Mazaki:
They had a child together, and I'm guessing the child took after his father, and those genes passed down from generation to generation
:blink

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Oct 20th, '07, 03:00

Soooo, then Damdeok is a descendent of Hwan Woong and Seoh?

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 20th, '07, 10:09

I think that is the case.But I think we have to see more of the story to understand many things, as Sujini and Kiha and their power, because Seoh receive the Heart of phoenix in the past, and now Sujini is borned with the power of the scarlett phoenix.And Kaji who had the power in the first place, receive the phoenix's heart when she's kiha.
Moreover why the necklace doens't react in episode 11 when sujini, Kiha and DD were together in the throne's room as it reacted when they were at the competition.
If someone know the answer, please tell me, because it's really confusing.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 20th, '07, 20:26

Omg! I just watched ep.10! So sad! :cry: And I just finished ep.11 :goggle: My goodness! So much stuff going on! And Sujini's such a peeping tom :lol And did anyone see the preview for ep.12??? :w00t:
I hope there's no misunderstanding about who the daddy is! :lol

@ Anzu Mazaki: Yup, that's what the show seems to imply. Like father like son right? Or in this case, like great ancestor like great descendant. [side note: Did you get your username from Yu-Gi-Oh!?]

@ kawaiigarden: Yeah it should've reacted, cuz they were all there, at the same place once again, so I think they just messed up on ep.11.
In the beginning, I know Hwan Woong only meant for Sae-oh to guard the Phoenix Heart that encased Kajin's power. But then he saw her messing with fire outside the camp WHILE wearing the Phoenix Heart. The thing is, we only saw her playing around that fire AFTER Hwan Woong gave her the Phoenix Heart. So we're not really sure if she was born with that ability in the first place. But I guess since he entrusted her with that necklace, it should always be in her possession, so the ability would have remain with her, and be activated when she has that necklace with her. And since Sujini is her descendant, I guess Sujini inherited that trait as well.

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Oct 21st, '07, 00:40

@ Anzu Mazaki: Yup, that's what the show seems to imply. Like father like son right? Or in this case, like great ancestor like great descendant. [side note: Did you get your username from Yu-Gi-Oh!?]

Hehe yeah it is...animé :wub:
You know, I was under the impression that Sujini was the reincarnation of Seoh instead of being the descendent, although I guess that would work as well.

But now that I think about it, if Sujini was Seoh's reincarnation and Damdeok was Hwan Woong (and Seoh)'s descendent, wouldn't that make Sujini like, Damdeok's great-great-great...grandmother or something?

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Oct 21st, '07, 02:42

I am in love with this drama!!!! Can't wait for the next episode.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 21st, '07, 03:05

@Anzu Mazaki: Hmm, some people believe you can be reincarnated into different species in another life: if a person were to be reincarnated as a dog, then would that dog be an ancestor of that person's remaining human descendants? Would it be viewed differently if that person were to be reincarnated as another human being? See, I'm not really sure about the rules of reincarnation, but if she is a reincarnation, then I wouldn't necessarily believe she's his great granny or whatever. But, that she is (as I believe), a descendant, makes it even more kinda gross since, now you know she and he are actually blood related, albeit 6 or more generations down. I could be wrong though, more likely than not. But I think Kiha is a reincarnation. Although I guess it's best not to think too hard about this. [side note: I was an intense fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! a while back, (not so much anymore, but still a fan) that's why I asked 8) ]

EDIT: woops, I mean, 60 generations or so, not just 6 :blink
Last edited by ackirom on Oct 22nd, '07, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Oct 21st, '07, 21:46

Yeah, I really need to stop thinking about it or else my head's gonna explode lol...
Its just confused overall because the whole King of Jooshin thing...well I mean, it seemed like Hwan Woong was going to send a Jooshin king to earth once again after he left but the question is really whether the king was 1) Hwan Woong in another form 2) His descendent 3) Another "guy" that he sends from heaven. The all seem possible but I think it'll be more obvious as the show progresses...or at least i hope.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:20

Think of him as the chosen one. The Messiah. The one who's going to come and reunite Goguryo, Baekche, and Silla and bring peace to the land of Joo Shin. He doesn't even have to be related at all. Like Jesus. :idea:

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:13

Yes I have decided to stop thinking and to just watch...good thing this series isn't like, 40 episodes long or else I'd probably wear myself out watching it...~~
Does anyone think that the first episode (as much as I loved it) kind of started off the show in the wrong way? It was so serious and dramatic, and *almost* depressing, and around episode 4-ish it suddenly gets completely different. In particular with the whole Seoh/Sujini thing because Seoh was SO serious of a character and Sujini is so cute, its so hard to think of them representing the same person. Its just the first episode created such a different air about the whole series.[/spoiler}

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:22

I thought the series started out pretty well with the 1st episode. Each character fit into their roles perfectly and even the telling of the story from 2000 years ago was well put.

As for the role of Seoh/Sujini, I believe they are trying to hint that even though you been reincarnated, it doesn't mean you have to have the same personality as you were in the past life. The same goes for Kajin/Kiha and Hwang something.../Dam Duk.

Haha, hope that makes sense. This series surely makes everyone think A LOT :lol

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Oct 22nd, '07, 07:30

gaaa :lol i just finished watching ep 10... waiting for ep 11 to finish downloading :D

its SOOOO AWESOME. all the conflicts and complicated relationships =D

im anxiously waiting for sujini's power to be awaken 8)

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 23rd, '07, 01:47

Err, I just finished watching ep.10 WITH subs and I am so hating him. How could he just blow her off like that after a couple of hearsay. I mean, I get that he could have his doubts and suspicion, but to just forsake the 6 or 7 year friendship after one rumor and a misunderstanding on that bridge? Come on! He didn't even have a one on one with her to ask her about what really happened in that tomb! I can't believe he could so easily forget about his feelings for her so quickly. And I hate that everybody plotted against their happiness :cry: And that includes Sujini! Lookin all sad when she handed her that note. :x

In ep.6 or 7, after their short time together in the stable, didn't Dam Deok notice the embossed Hwacheon mark on her shoulder? :scratch:

silently_solitude

Post by silently_solitude » Oct 23rd, '07, 02:50

guys, im really having trouble trying to dl ep. 9, im trying to dl the HQ torrent file, but it's not avaible at d-addicts. i go to soompi, and they give me the part files, so i sign up for clubbox and read all the FAQs but its not downloading, what can i do?

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 23rd, '07, 02:57

silently_solitude wrote:guys, im really having trouble trying to dl ep. 9, im trying to dl the HQ torrent file, but it's not avaible at d-addicts. i go to soompi, and they give me the part files, so i sign up for clubbox and read all the FAQs but its not downloading, what can i do?
You mean this? http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_54020.htm

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:34

ackirom wrote:Err, I just finished watching ep.10 WITH subs and I am so hating him. How could he just blow her off like that after a couple of hearsay. I mean, I get that he could have his doubts and suspicion, but to just forsake the 6 or 7 year friendship after one rumor and a misunderstanding on that bridge? Come on! He didn't even have a one on one with her to ask her about what really happened in that tomb! I can't believe he could so easily forget about his feelings for her so quickly. And I hate that everybody plotted against their happiness :cry: And that includes Sujini! Lookin all sad when she handed her that note. :x

In ep.6 or 7, after their short time together in the stable, didn't Dam Deok notice the embossed Hwacheon mark on her shoulder? :scratch:
Yeah , I hope he's just mad atm. You know how boys are when something they want/love gets a bad rap , they act all juvinile until they figure it out , or she slaps them into thier senses. ( no offense to any males here...=x )

I don't think Sujini is directly plotting , I just don't think she knows the extent of Dam Deok and Kiha's relationship outside of the little bit of facts she's heard and seen. I don't think it's completely intentional , plus I think it's fate as both of them being future versions of Kaijin and Seoh(sp) and obviously DD is the lord. =x

It's going to be rather interesting to see how this all unfolds and re-wraps indeed.

As for the mark , I thought the same thing too. Or at least have felt it. it's not small , and it's not smooth to the touch. Maybe he just ignored it thinking it was a scar or just didn't want to ask , or he was really just that dense and didn't notice it.

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Oct 23rd, '07, 11:54

Archaenon wrote:
ackirom wrote:Err, I just finished watching ep.10 WITH subs and I am so hating him. How could he just blow her off like that after a couple of hearsay. I mean, I get that he could have his doubts and suspicion, but to just forsake the 6 or 7 year friendship after one rumor and a misunderstanding on that bridge? Come on! He didn't even have a one on one with her to ask her about what really happened in that tomb! I can't believe he could so easily forget about his feelings for her so quickly. And I hate that everybody plotted against their happiness :cry: And that includes Sujini! Lookin all sad when she handed her that note. :x

Yeah , I hope he's just mad atm. You know how boys are when something they want/love gets a bad rap , they act all juvinile until they figure it out , or she slaps them into thier senses. ( no offense to any males here...=x )

I don't think Sujini is directly plotting , I just don't think she knows the extent of Dam Deok and Kiha's relationship outside of the little bit of facts she's heard and seen. I don't think it's completely intentional , plus I think it's fate as both of them being future versions of Kaijin and Seoh(sp) and obviously DD is the lord. =x

It's going to be rather interesting to see how this all unfolds and re-wraps indeed.

I felt the same way too . I mean after all those years they were together, KiHa being his love and all, it disappears just like that! I know he ends up with Sujini, but its so sad to see Kiha like that. She was always loyal to DD and even to the King.

I'm just feeling a bit angry with Sujini here. Hope it fizzles out as i watch the coming episodes.

rockstar

Post by rockstar » Oct 23rd, '07, 13:06

Asian people believe in reincarnation. Bad people from the past will be reincarnated to suffer for what they did in their past life. I believe that Kiha (Kajin) reincarnate to suffer for what she did to Sujini (Sae Oh).

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 24th, '07, 06:37

rockstar wrote:Bad people from the past will be reincarnated to suffer for what they did in their past life. I believe that Kiha (Kajin) reincarnate to suffer for what she did to Sujini (Sae Oh).
OMG really? :O I had no idea :pale: Oh no!!!! Poor Kiha! It's not fair :-( Her reincarnated self has no memory of the past. Now I'm even more sad :cry:

So now I'm not sure what to think :scratch: Bah! I still like their pairing better. And maybe part of that is due to the early episodes, when I got to know their characters... and see them as kids...
Archaenon wrote:I don't think Sujini is directly plotting , I just don't think she knows the extent of Dam Deok and Kiha's relationship outside of the little bit of facts she's heard and seen. I don't think it's completely intentional , plus I think it's fate as both of them being future versions of Kaijin and Seoh(sp) and obviously DD is the lord. =x
Oh no I didn't mean it like that. :D I know she really had no bad intentions. I was upset and her "unhappy" appearance at that moment didn't help curb my agitation so she became part of my rant :P

Still,
starryeyed wrote: I'm just feeling a bit angry with Sujini here. Hope it fizzles out as i watch the coming episodes.
can't help but feel the same way :mrgreen:

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 25th, '07, 01:08

I know he's a villain, but does anyone like Choi Min Su's character as much as I do?

I like his acting. TWSSG wouldn't be the same without him.

And Blue Dragon is finally making his appearance in tommorow's episode!

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Oct 25th, '07, 06:30

I became so memorized by the song, "Forgive Me" from the OST. Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics for it and english translation of it?

@Ssang:
Thanks for the screencaps. Oooh, Blue Dragon appears! Can't wait to see him :lol

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 26th, '07, 09:41

Oh My God, episode 13 was so great.Moreover I'm so happy to see Blue dragon.I'm really interesting to see how things will develop between him - Sujini - DD.
This love triangle will be interesting.

Gnah

Post by Gnah » Oct 26th, '07, 12:38

bleh i just noticed a mistake while watching ep13,
the kinda leather armor BYJ is wearing has a 2 legged crow on it, which was the royal sign of the kingdom of puyo, gorguryeos royal sign is the three legged crow,...
bleh i shouldn´t have watched jumong, then i wouldn´t have noticed it :P

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Oct 27th, '07, 06:18

Urgh. It tears me up when i start reading people rejoicing that Kiha is going to commit suicide and then they mock her for not committing suicide. I mean i am a DAMSUshipper, heck in fact i want DD and Sjn to fall in love already. but i sure do not want their love to be done at the expense/misery of Kiha.

It's bad enough that she is being punished/reincarnated for the sins of Kajin, (which sounds pretty cruel enough when Kiha had nothing to do with )now when she wants to commit suicide viewers are enjoying it!

Kiha and Sujini are sisters in the first place. There has to be some sort of twist towards the end of the story or else it would be disappointing.

I really feel that Kiha is a good person , i mean her mom got killed right in front of her eyes, she parted with her sister, and then ALL HER MEMORIES are erased and she is raised by a really evil guy. I sure sympathise with her.

Sujini had it tough as well. But my heart goes out to the poor Kiha. Oh and another thing, perhaps if Kiha wasn't played by MSR and it was played by a really sweet and popular actress, you know along the lines of Moon Ga Yong, (is the spelling correct), or hmm Shin Mi Na or Ha Ji Won, Kim Tae Hee or even Yoon Eun Hye, people would be more sympathetic towards Kiha.

I'm guessing that Moon Sori isnt popular with the young ones that's why people can't emphasise with Kiha's character.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 27th, '07, 08:22

I don't think that is because she's played by Moon So Ri.She's a really great actress.
Usually I love the evil type person in all dramas.But this time, I think that she has time to make the right choice.She could have told the truth to DD a long time ago, and explain everything to him.But she persists not to tell him and now she doesn't understand why he doesn't trust her.
Moreover I think that Kiha is somebody who loves power, and her position.When Her and DD eloped, she wasn't forced to return.She just had to leave with him at once.But she decided to return, she knows too well that her master will never let that happen again, so why did she return.Moreover I don't think that her master has a power over her right now.She's too strong for him, he can't control her like before.She makes her own decision.I think that now, Kiha is really turn into evil type.Episode 14 will be the beginning of her own conquest.

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Oct 27th, '07, 10:19

kawaiigarden wrote:I don't think that is because she's played by Moon So Ri.She's a really great actress.
Usually I love the evil type person in all dramas.But this time, I think that she has time to make the right choice.She could have told the truth to DD a long time ago, and explain everything to him.But she persists not to tell him and now she doesn't understand why he doesn't trust her.
Moreover I think that Kiha is somebody who loves power, and her position.When Her and DD eloped, she wasn't forced to return.She just had to leave with him at once.But she decided to return, she knows too well that her master will never let that happen again, so why did she return.Moreover I don't think that her master has a power over her right now.She's too strong for him, he can't control her like before.She makes her own decision.I think that now, Kiha is really turn into evil type.Episode 14 will be the beginning of her own conquest.[/quote
I think Kiha was confused right from the start. That's why she held on not telling DD. My take on why she returned to her Master was because she felt that the Master would go on searching for her if she didnt return and harm DD once he found her.

And now i think it wouldnt be the right time to tell DD, not when everyone thinks she killed the King and she betrayed DD and not to mention she's with the bad guys. She's too confused right now, what more having a baby and all.

Though i do agree with you on the coming episodes will show Kiha turning to the dark side. She has too much rage and sorrow right now so these emotions will eat her up and cloud her judgment.

Oh and another thing, i do like how the story is showing that DD still cant forget Kiha . I mean it shows his loyalty and compassion as a person. These traits are important what more when he is the great Jooshin King. Traits like this will make him a good King. So i guess that's why the writers have made DD still hanging on to the memory of Kiha.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 27th, '07, 10:45

kawaiigarden wrote:I don't think that is because she's played by Moon So Ri.She's a really great actress.
Moreover I think that Kiha is somebody who loves power, and her position.When Her and DD eloped, she wasn't forced to return.She just had to leave with him at once.But she decided to return, she knows too well that her master will never let that happen again, so why did she return.Moreover I don't think that her master has a power over her right now.She's too strong for him, he can't control her like before.She makes her own decision.I think that now, Kiha is really turn into evil type.Episode 14 will be the beginning of her own conquest.
Actually she returned to get the King and than run away with DD ...so her returning wasnt really that selfish. And than the whole misunderstanding happened and now its too late, she has nowhere else to go.

And why should she explain, shouldnt DD just trust her...thats also why she is disappointed in him. Well all to late now, I dont really care since I also want to see more of Damsu :mrgreen:
Up to ep 11 I dont think Kiha has ever been evil but I have a feeling thats about to change in future (after all its a kdrama :roll )
Last edited by WroW on Oct 27th, '07, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

kawaiigarden

Post by kawaiigarden » Oct 27th, '07, 11:34

Yeah, it's normal to have a devil person.lol.
But I think that Sujini will suffer a lot, because first she knows too well that DD has loved Kiha for a long time.Now she's always with him, and when he finally starts to open a little to her, I'm sure he will discover that he has a son; will it make his relationship with Sujini a lot difficult.Moreover Sujini is the type to sacrifice herself for the happiness of the people she loves.
And , even if it's difficult for Kiha right now, she's not alone, she has people who care for her, like HoGae and white hair man.
I really want to see more DamSu, I think that the appearance of Blue Dragon will speed up the things between them, because I think that Blue dragon will really fancy Sujini.I mean she's such a strong girl, good fighter and so cute.Maybe DD will finally realise that Sujini isn't just a buddy, but a young woman afterall.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Oct 27th, '07, 20:49

WroW wrote:
Actually she returned to get the King and than run away with DD ...so her returning wasnt really that selfish. And than the whole misunderstanding happened and now its too late, she has nowhere else to go.

And why should she explain, shouldnt DD just trust her...thats also why she is disappointed in him. Well all to late now, I dont really care since I also want to see more of Damsu :mrgreen:
Up to ep 11 I dont think Kiha has ever been evil but I have a feeling thats about to change in future (after all its a kdrama :roll )
That's right. Kiha pretended to return to Ho Gae but she really came back to save DD's dad and bring him along with her and DD. But, the king knew that in order for DD to realize his destiny, he had to get DD to abandon his happy-life-in-Julno-fantasy-with-Kiha, and separate DD from Kiha. That's why the king said sorry to Kiha in the tomb, he said I'm so sorry to have to separate you from your childhood friend, or something, because if he gets DD to believe that Kiha is the murderer, then DD would be devastated, forget about Kiha, forget about running away, and might actually be willing to accept his position as King of Koguryo, and then of Jooshin.

And then in ep.11 she attempted a uh, "lovers' suicide" thing, sort of, and failed. :lol And after that incident, how could DD believe those rumors to be anything but factual? :|

Despite how painful it must be for Kiha, I think deep down, she knew it was the last king's final wish. And while it pains me to accept that there's not going to be a happy reunion between them, I know the story must go on. Misunderstandings that are left uncleared for too long become an obstinate basis for conflict. It's so sad but time is not on Kiha's side and by the looks of the previews for ep.14, it is indeed too late to do or say anything that would resolve their friendship.

On a lighter note,go Blue Dragon! And uh, I don't mean to poke fun or anything, but her suicide attempt at the edge of that cliff looked funny, cuz you know, she was like pointed at the edge. :lol :lol And everytime that Hwacheon leader comes on, I can't help but chuckle. His facial expressions are funny! :lol

linni

Post by linni » Oct 28th, '07, 01:14

Hi, I've watched episode 9 and I'm loving it so far. Can anyone please upload episode 10 and 11 of the gesture version on d-addicts? or using the torrent link on gesture's blog? I dled it using the torrent on gesture's blog when they first came out but didn't dl fast enough. Now there's no seeds left and i'm stuck on around 70% for both episodes.

I can't wait to watch the next episodes but it seems I'll have to dl eps 10 and 11 all over again and my quota's almost done so I'll have to wait till next month ... :cry:

mera

Post by mera » Oct 28th, '07, 10:45

I still can't hate Kiha .... I can't help but feeling sorry for her .... she was accused of murder she didn't commit & the man she love left her ... I don't know what will she do when DD & Sujini relationhip become stronger .... this drama contains a lot of Misuderstanding .... DD hate Kiha because he think that she killed his father & HG hate DD because he think he killed his mother ....
anyway I hope Kiha will become more evilish in the next episodes I don't want her to be a poor victim anymore
about the blue dragon .... well he appeared just for a short time .... I hope he will have more scenes in the next ep .... can't wait to see what will happened between him & DD .... also why he is covering his face like that ?
I like this "Jommochi" heheheheheeh he became sooooooo cute .... love his scenes with that woman "don't know her name" sorry ..... and when he tries to be cool & ignoring her but he can't hohohohohohohh

I think the next ep will have some change between DD & Su .... see how he looked to her in the preview of ep 14
may be it will take some time for him to realize his true feelings for her as he still have some emotional bond with Kiha .... see how he was in pain when she attepted to commit a suicide .... but I still hope that ep 14 will be the beginning for him to treat Su as his love not just as a little kid

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Oct 28th, '07, 16:57

luv this drama...

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Oct 29th, '07, 10:55

ackirom wrote:
WroW wrote:

That's right. Kiha pretended to return to Ho Gae but she really came back to save DD's dad and bring him along with her and DD. But, the king knew that in order for DD to realize his destiny, he had to get DD to abandon his happy-life-in-Julno-fantasy-with-Kiha, and separate DD from Kiha. That's why the king said sorry to Kiha in the tomb, he said I'm so sorry to have to separate you from your childhood friend, or something, because if he gets DD to believe that Kiha is the murderer, then DD would be devastated, forget about Kiha, forget about running away, and might actually be willing to accept his position as King of Koguryo, and then of Jooshin.

And then in ep.11 she attempted a uh, "lovers' suicide" thing, sort of, and failed. :lol And after that incident, how could DD believe those rumors to be anything but factual? :|

Despite how painful it must be for Kiha, I think deep down, she knew it was the last king's final wish. And while it pains me to accept that there's not going to be a happy reunion between them, I know the story must go on. Misunderstandings that are left uncleared for too long become an obstinate basis for conflict. It's so sad but time is not on Kiha's side and by the looks of the previews for ep.14, it is indeed too late to do or say anything that would resolve their friendship.

On a lighter note,go Blue Dragon! And uh, I don't mean to poke fun or anything, but her suicide attempt at the edge of that cliff looked funny, cuz you know, she was like pointed at the edge. :lol :lol And everytime that Hwacheon leader comes on, I can't help but chuckle. His facial expressions are funny! :lol
As much as I don't want to, I'm feeling very sorry for Kiha. What she's going through cannot be an easy ordeal and then to top it all off he's going to end up falling in love with her sister, who is also her enemy.

As for DAMSU, I'm hoping that he will fall in love with her after the appearance of the Blue Dragon (it's a long shot, since there are so many ways that that story could go. Will they find out about Kiha's pregnancy before he can reveal his true feelings to Sujini or will the revelation of Kiha's pregnancy ruin their established relationship?) and they'll get a somewhat decently happy ending.

It's not going to be 100% happy after all considering all of the death and eventual destruction that will come to their enemies/families.

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Oct 29th, '07, 12:17

This whole reincarnation thing is bittersweet to me. In Kiha's case, when she was Kajin she didnt get to be with HWH nor did she have a child with him. Remember when she was on that mountain top holding the baby and she told SO that the child could have been hers too.

Fast forward a thousand years later, her reincarnated self does fall in love and have a relationship with DD and they have a child together .

So in some ways, she got the good and bad.

I'm pretty interested in how SJ will get the good.

P.s So is DD the reincarnation of Lord HWH. Somehow it doesnt feel right to me. I can understand if Kiha and Sujini are reincarnations but DD. hehe
:O

Anzu Mazaki

Post by Anzu Mazaki » Nov 1st, '07, 21:19

starryeyed wrote:
This whole reincarnation thing is bittersweet to me. In Kiha's case, when she was Kajin she didnt get to be with HWH nor did she have a child with him. Remember when she was on that mountain top holding the baby and she told SO that the child could have been hers too.

Fast forward a thousand years later, her reincarnated self does fall in love and have a relationship with DD and they have a child together .

So in some ways, she got the good and bad.

I'm pretty interested in how SJ will get the good.

P.s So is DD the reincarnation of Lord HWH. Somehow it doesnt feel right to me. I can understand if Kiha and Sujini are reincarnations but DD. hehe
:O
I totally agree, the whole thing with DD being the reincarnation of Lord HWH doesn't work out right with me at all...with Kiha and Sujini, at least at one point they were human. Lord HWH was not, making the whole reincarnation thing kind of shaky.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Nov 3rd, '07, 02:42

I just finished watching ep 13 and
when did Kiha get pregannt? And by who? Did I miss something?

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Nov 3rd, '07, 03:02

sefilily wrote:I just finished watching ep 13 and
1.) Check out episode 7 at around 46:29 to 48:11 (Scene with Dam Duk)
2.) Check out episode 11 at around 43:47 to 46:39 (Scene with Ho Gae)
3.) And lastly, check out episode 11 around 53:07 to 54:14 (finding out her pregnancy)

Have fun :roll

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Nov 3rd, '07, 03:34

I just finished watching ep. 12 & 13 with subs and I'm confused. I thought the Hwacheon clan already knew who the Blue Dragon was. It was that kid whose father stuck that thing on his upper right chest and that silver-haired half-metal faced Hwacheon dude was all witness to it. That's how he got to be that way. So then why would they(Hwacheon) believe the distraction created by the Hyun Mul(sp?) people when they faked that whole thing with the candles in a box, and advise Ho Gae to retrieve it first?

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Nov 3rd, '07, 04:55

khmai_kandi22 wrote:
3.) And lastly, check out episode 11 around 53:07 to 54:14 (finding out her pregnancy)

So,
It's Dam Duk's kid? And if it is that's going to get really complicated real fast.
On another note ... I loved all the Sujini and Dam Duk bits.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Nov 3rd, '07, 04:59

sefilily wrote:
khmai_kandi22 wrote:

So,
It's Dam Duk's kid? And if it is that's going to get really complicated real fast.
On another note ... I loved all the Sujini and Dam Duk bits.
Episode 13, you can already tell that Dam Duk is the father. Why?

1.) When she was attempting suicide, the baby's powers inside of her tried to stop her and so she failed.

2.) While she was attempting suicide, Dam Duk was dreaming or had an intense pain that's somehow connected with her and the baby.

That's just my thoughts, anyone can freel free to jump in and correct me. :-)

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Nov 3rd, '07, 08:42

Episode 13, you can already tell that Dam Duk is the father. Why?

1.) When she was attempting suicide, the baby's powers inside of her tried to stop her and so she failed.

2.) While she was attempting suicide, Dam Duk was dreaming or had an intense pain that's somehow connected with her and the baby.
I totally didn't get that they had slept together ... I'm a little bit naive. I just thought they literally just slept together.

Now, that it's established that they actually did, yeah it seems that DD is the father. Especially with that whole him having a nightmare while she was trying to throw herself off a cliff.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Nov 4th, '07, 05:54

Was there an ep 15 aired this week or not?

The preview for 15 looks good.
Sujini gets capture I think by the Blue Dragon (?). And Dam Duk is thinking about rescuing her and everyone's like "No, you can't rescue her." And I think the Blue Dragon might have a thing for Sujini. Well, I'm guessing on like 2 seconds of footage of him stroking her hair or her face or something.