Post by JOJO2002 » Oct 16th, '07, 04:39

Title : I AM SAM or 아이엠샘
Also known as: I Am Sam / I Am Teacher
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2007-Aug-06 to 2007-Oct-02 [Completely]

Sypnosis :
The story focuses on the conflicts between the young teachers and the problems that high school students have. Jang Yi San is a timid and incompetent classical music teacher who has to teach the only daughter of a highly dangerous mob leader. Eun Byul is the mob leader's daughter and she is also a new student at MyungMoon High but knows nothing whatsoever.

Cast

* Yang Dong Geun as Jang Yi San
* Park Min Young as Yoo Eun Byul
* T.O.P as Chae Moo Shin
* Son Tae Young as Shin So Yi

Extended Cast

* Ryan as Ji Seon Hoo
* Park Jae Jung as Kim Woo Jin (Mr. Yoo's right hand man)
* Park Chae Kyung as Min Sa Kang
* Park Joon Gyu as Yoo Jae Gon (Eun Byul's father)
* Lee Min Ho as Heo Mo Se
* Kwak Ji Min as Da Bin
* Dan Ji as Ye Bin
* Ban So Young as Hyo Bin
* Choi Jae Hwan as Han Tae Sung (Moo Shin's friend)
* Kim Yoo Bin as Kim Hee Chul
* Park Chul Ho as Kim In Seol
* Jo Hyang Ki as Hong Dae Ri (Mr. Yoo's assistant)
* Yoo Tae Woong as Go Dong Sool
* Kim Hong Sik as Park Nam Kyu
* Choi Joo Bong as Heo Duk Bae (principal / Mo Se's father)

Official Site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/imsam/index.html
Wiki D-addicts : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/I%27m_Sam
Soompi forums : http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144910
Clubbox With English Subtitle : http://clubbox.co.kr/W1S3

kamkar1

Post by kamkar1 » Oct 16th, '07, 04:42

It is really funny and intersting drama I hope somebody will sub it.

miyukigrg

Post by miyukigrg » Oct 17th, '07, 17:58

wow Ryan is in it.I'm definately going 2 watch this.

ecstazy

Post by ecstazy » Oct 17th, '07, 18:10

:cheers: WOW! Clubbox with English subs!!!!!!!!! Yuuupi ;-) Is there a torrent too?

zhortz

Post by zhortz » Oct 19th, '07, 03:55

Can you guys upload torrent for the eps? The ep dl is so slow for me in clubbox T_T

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 22nd, '07, 04:12

OK, I decided to watch this show. I like it so far - don't I always? But the first episode was pretty boring, imo.

The show doesn't pick up and settle into a rhythm until the third or fourth episode. I'm watching episode 5.

The pluses of the show are Park Min Young (she's purrdy); the story isn't typical, or at least it doesn't develop in a typical way; something about the cinematography is different, it's more ambient than usual. Also, none of the secondary characters seem truly secondary. But I'm only on episode 5.

The hardcoded English subs aren't...very good. But they're tolerable.

Anyway, I recommend this show.

Some caps:
Last edited by Ssang on Oct 22nd, '07, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

elden41

Post by elden41 » Oct 22nd, '07, 04:22

Thanks for your input about the subs and for including some captions containing subs.

"Don't you hear"
"Learn is the way to learn to find an exam"
"Do your class play this"

OMG! WTF does all that mean? Trying to decipher this may be more difficult than understanding hangul.

Ssang

Post by Ssang » Oct 22nd, '07, 04:36

The subs are coherent, and they do help, better than babblefish. They're just not grammatically, uh, rigorous.

Check out these caps for a laugh:

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Oct 22nd, '07, 05:15

This show is broadcast locally as I'm Your Teacher by KBS-LA. It has better English subtitles. The only problem is that is heavily edited. Anyway, I have up on Veoh.com, http://www.veoh.com/series/iamyourteacher ... Also, it's not HDTV.

I can have put it here on torrent, if there is enough request for it.

ecstazy

Post by ecstazy » Oct 22nd, '07, 12:40

It's fine if u upload it on veoh ;-) I'm waiting for the rest of episodes ;-) I was going to watch this on KBS World, but I missed first episode ;-)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 22nd, '07, 14:15

So who did the hardsubs? I hope it's not JOJO or anyone reading this thread, since it's a bit disrespectful even though I agree with what you guys said ;)

Still, what a pity there aren't any fansubs for it.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 22nd, '07, 14:35

The subs are actually not that bad. Context helps a lot with understanding them despite the grammar problems, and I much prefer an unedited drama with mediocre subs than a heavily-edited one with good subs. But that's just me.

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Oct 30th, '07, 12:35

I wish a group would pick this up soon because the drama is really good and deserves attention..
Also, no offense or anything to the subber who did the hardsubs for the drama but I agree with what some of the guys said about the quality.. =(

dramaholic love

Post by dramaholic love » Oct 30th, '07, 13:05

This drama was good but the ending was rather sad. It was a bit disappointing actually^^

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 31st, '07, 15:11

XrayMind wrote:This show is broadcast locally as I'm Your Teacher by KBS-LA. It has better English subtitles. The only problem is that is heavily edited. Anyway, I have up on Veoh.com, http://www.veoh.com/series/iamyourteacher ... Also, it's not HDTV.

Are the KBS-LA hardsubs the same as the ones uploaded over at idols-unlimited? And what do you mean by heavily edited?

Also, if anyone's interested, foreverluv at IU has released softsubs for episode 1 so far. I haven't checked the quality, but I think it's just a rip from the KBS-LA hardsubs. The RAWS can also be found at IU.

crimmy

Post by crimmy » Nov 1st, '07, 02:23

kobe23 wrote:
XrayMind wrote:This show is broadcast locally as I'm Your Teacher by KBS-LA. It has better English subtitles. The only problem is that is heavily edited. Anyway, I have up on Veoh.com, http://www.veoh.com/series/iamyourteacher ... Also, it's not HDTV.

Are the KBS-LA hardsubs the same as the ones uploaded over at idols-unlimited? And what do you mean by heavily edited?

Also, if anyone's interested, foreverluv at IU has released softsubs for episode 1 so far. I haven't checked the quality, but I think it's just a rip from the KBS-LA hardsubs. The RAWS can also be found at IU.
I checked out the "heavily-edited" version and its missing some scenes >_> Like 15mins or so.. =(

Also, the sub released by foreverluv isnt from the KBS-LA thingy =o! No edits or anything.. oh and its done in good english with very very few grammatical errors but its better than the ones done by W1S3 clubbox owner :whistling:

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Nov 4th, '07, 18:51

can someone give me the url link to the reseeding thread?

-Thanks

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Nov 6th, '07, 07:19

anyone? Is there even one?

incube

Post by incube » Nov 7th, '07, 18:03

Been searching somewhere to comment about this awesome drama... and here i am =D
I watch a lot of series and movies both occidental and asian but i got to say this is the only one that im still thinking about after 3 days of watching it.

Rather than commenting my feelings about the series again ill just post the link where i last replied. You can find a synopsis, character introductions and lots of spoilers and scene pics there too =D

http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2007/10/13/i-am-sam/

I have the complete series with chinese subs so if anyone needs just let me know and ill upload for you.

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Nov 8th, '07, 15:37

I was just wondering if anyone has taken on trying to release eng soft-sub for this drama?

-Thanks

pist

Post by pist » Nov 15th, '07, 15:55

oh i really got into this show but just read that i downlaoded the heavily edited version which one runs for about 40min each ep >.> sooo its missing like 20min >.>"

blahhhhhhh has anyone got any news about soft subs for the non edited version or am i gonna have to fork out some moneys and order it off somewhere :D

incube

Post by incube » Nov 15th, '07, 21:27

pist wrote:oh i really got into this show but just read that i downlaoded the heavily edited version which one runs for about 40min each ep >.> sooo its missing like 20min >.>"

blahhhhhhh has anyone got any news about soft subs for the non edited version or am i gonna have to fork out some moneys and order it off somewhere :D
I have the full series with chinese subs if u want =D But if u can buy it then do so. It's worth it :thumright:

pist

Post by pist » Nov 15th, '07, 23:58

i wish i could read chinese >.> yea i saw the chinese subbed eps

i was tempted to go out learn chinese just to watch the eps :p probably just buy it off ebay then i think its like 20 bucks AUD then like 5-10 bucks postage and handling :D just really hate the wait ;o

~oh this is for everyone downloading the mp4 hardsubbed episodes >.> dont watch ittttttt lol its missing out on alot because of the heavy edit :( sooo much parts missing

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Nov 16th, '07, 08:58

I have download the 700mb and the 280mb hardsub version and i must say danggggggggg super duper edit as everyone has said. So do as everyone say and just either buy it and be happy w/that or you can watch it on Veoh.com or someone could watch it for us and write the soft sub at the same time and upload it here for us :-]D lol. But i hope someone picks up this project i was really looking forward to seeing this drama.

-Mikey

pist

Post by pist » Nov 16th, '07, 09:28

veoh has the heavily edited version ;p

its somewhat impossible to find the english sub/ soft srt subs

guess for the time being u should buy it cause the heavy edit really really blows. really wrecks the story. i mean about 20min of each ep is missing thats 1/3 of the episode :(
-----ummmm about buying it i read off some sites that the subbing is really poor >.> i dont know if this was the hong kong release or all of them sooo i kinda dont wanna fork out the 30-40 bucks to buy it. :(

THATS IT OFF TO SCHOOL TO LEARN KOREAN!

LOL another edit >.> okay yea Veoh has the full hardsubbed eps but yea the subs are bad, but its easy to work out the mistakes soooo yea i mite work on soft subs
no promises, having exams >.>

http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?num ... &offset=20
Fullep 1 - subs are really bad
Fullep 2 - subs are still really bad
Fullep 3++++ - Improved dramastically but still wid some errors but sentence structure is much better

thats the link for the user :p - even though subs are bad u can make out wat they're saying lol knowing a few korean words here and there help :)

anyone feel like making a subbing group :P

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 17th, '07, 14:34

Yes, let's start a fansub group just for this drama. I will translate Annyeonghaseyo, you do the rest :)

incube

Post by incube » Nov 17th, '07, 15:32

I can help translating the chinese subed version but since i dont have experience doing subtitles i will only be able to do the translation to english. Will need ppl to correct and edit it though. Let me know if someone wanna do it.
We could use the hardsubed one and i only translate the parts that are missing too...

pist

Post by pist » Nov 17th, '07, 16:44

hey if u can translate the chinese to english and send me just like a word doc with the translations i can probably make the soft sub :p

and for anything that ur unsure with i guess we could use hardsubs as a reference but we can take all the credit if we use them :D

but yea just give me some time wid making the subs and the timing i gotta finish up exams

add me on msn pt.pie04@gmail.com. :)

if u can translate them i'll get cracking on the soft subs ;o

exciting!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 17th, '07, 21:03

Someone at Idols Unlimited (check the forum) is working on the softsubs using the tv rips. But than again I watched it with the engrish subs but I am kinda used to engrish :roll

pist

Post by pist » Nov 18th, '07, 02:02

lo. egnrish subs are soooooo poor i call it foblish >.>

incube

Post by incube » Nov 18th, '07, 06:28

I will do the translation for the first 5 min and send it to you or anyone else that is interested in editing it. You tell me if its useful or not xD

yasumi14

Post by yasumi14 » Nov 18th, '07, 07:50

i already have the dvd with english sub..
i don't know that it's that good i think i need to finish it now.. :D

Valentine_rose

Post by Valentine_rose » Nov 18th, '07, 08:11

I watched episode 1 and 2 with english subs (hardsub), this is the normal version (75minutes for episode 1 and 60 minutes for episode 2, not the heavly edited fortunately), ok this is not a perfect english but for me it's really fine.

I download this episodes on W153 clubbox, but the problem it's episode 3,5,6,7,8 are missing (for the moment???)

So, now I wait... :roll

But with episode 1 and 2 I can say that this drama it's interesting, I wish I could finish this drama a day.

A big thanks to W153, if I see my post :lol

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Nov 18th, '07, 08:35

kobe23 wrote:Yes, let's start a fansub group just for this drama. I will translate Annyeonghaseyo, you do the rest :)
:lol

incube

Post by incube » Nov 19th, '07, 00:46

Im finishing the translation of episode 1 at the moment.. But since im doing the translation from chinese subtitle i would like someone that understand korean to check it first. Any volunters?

EDIT: Just finished translating episode 1 ... editing atm. Help is welcomed

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 19th, '07, 13:28

Damn cute avatar of PMY, Wrow :)

I need to finish watching The Devil so I can start cracking on I am Sam. Park Min Young awaits me :wub:

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Nov 19th, '07, 13:40

just clicked on where I have seen the male lead before. Dr Kang? and new nonstop2 back when, with jang nara and co.

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Nov 19th, '07, 16:33

yeah, can't wait for subs :p
(but i can't help you, sorry)

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 19th, '07, 16:45

kobe23 wrote:Damn cute avatar of PMY, Wrow :)

I need to finish watching The Devil so I can start cracking on I am Sam. Park Min Young awaits me :wub:
LOL ...well I am Sam is certainly a good drama to watch after The Devil ... something a little more lighthearted.

pist

Post by pist » Nov 20th, '07, 01:25

ohhhh man im working on the timing/editing of the subs for i am sam from incube ,i didnt know it would take this long to do the timing >.>

i'll be done in a day or two lol
Last edited by pist on Nov 20th, '07, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 20th, '07, 14:20

^ Take your time, pist. We are well aware of the amount of time and dedication it takes to time and edit the subs, and we promise we will never ask or complain about subs.

Are you done yet?

incube

Post by incube » Nov 22nd, '07, 03:07

kobe23 wrote:
Are you done yet?
subbing is really a time consuming thing :glare: And more if it's your first time and even more if the only guy working with you is another newbie =D
We agreed that this first episode would be like a pilot thingy ... if you guys like it we will continue with the rest of the series ( i never thought i would be happy that this series is so short )
Still waiting...

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Nov 22nd, '07, 10:49

Do your best, we can wait \o/

pist

Post by pist » Nov 22nd, '07, 16:56

lol in the past few days i havent touched it >.>

ahhhhhh gomen well i should say mianhamnida
i know i said a couple of days but bleeeehhhhh exam party exam party lol
and i gotta work on the weekend >.> pew pew
butttt after that well today (last exam) im on holidays yay ^^
stayyyyyy posted i'll try get a blog going for easy updates

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Nov 25th, '07, 05:01

recently i got my hands on the OST for I am Sam. For some reason the track listing is in chinese except the areas where English is involve. Can someone tell me whether this was supposed to be "true"? If not, can someone give me the correct track listing in korean? thank you.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 30th, '07, 18:45

Does anybody remember the name of the first song at the very beginning of the first episode? I think it was a official song for the World or European Cup (Soccer) in the past.

Binaa2

Post by Binaa2 » Nov 30th, '07, 19:28

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:Does anybody remember the name of the first song at the very beginning of the first episode? I think it was a official song for the World or European Cup (Soccer) in the past.
Fifa World cup 98

The song is Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Nov 30th, '07, 19:37

looks oke the cast =)
might check it out.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 30th, '07, 20:21

Binaa2 wrote:
Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:Does anybody remember the name of the first song at the very beginning of the first episode? I think it was a official song for the World or European Cup (Soccer) in the past.
Fifa World cup 98

The song is Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Thanks! :P I didn't realized so much time passed since that song was popular. :w00t:

Bill.Zeebub

Post by Bill.Zeebub » Dec 5th, '07, 11:18

@incube

Are still working on this, if you are, I'd like to help you with timing/ editing?

I recently found some episodes from my HD and previewed it and loved the drama, so I really would like to help! I have 6-8 episodes allready, some mickeybaby's, couple of shinhwa's and a few tank xvid releases, I'm downloading full batch at the moment.

Its a large batch and there isnt many seeders and Im going to have a ratio problem, so it's going to take some time. I have completed the first four episodes. .
Last edited by Bill.Zeebub on Feb 20th, '08, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

duencil

Post by duencil » Dec 6th, '07, 00:27

This is definetely the funniest kdrama I've seen. Like a gender swapped "Hello Teacher" with the gangster humour from "My Boss my Hero". Yang Dong Geun really cracks me up.

incube

Post by incube » Dec 6th, '07, 02:38

Yeah but i think older male teacher + younger female student is better combination. Specially if PMY is the female one =D

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Dec 6th, '07, 13:23

This is one of the funniest school dramas together with "Hello Teacher (Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy)". Yang Dong-geun's acting is just unique. He is my favorite actor since ROYOW. Park Min Young is the prettiest/cutest female being I've ever seen. The cast is generally good and the script isn't boring. I'm stuck at episode 8 so far and really curious what is going to happen.
Will Yoo Eun Byul fall in love with her teacher or what dramatic twist might be possible? I'm really curious. But please don't spoil it. :w00t:

xjamestar

Post by xjamestar » Dec 14th, '07, 19:45

nice drama.
the male lead's movements are funny
and the girl is so cute :thumleft:
should make a sequel!

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Dec 22nd, '07, 06:49

hi all..
so is anyone subbing this drama? :)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 19th, '08, 11:16

So I finally got around to watching this series (up to episode 4) and believe it or not but I'm actually enjoying it! Sure, it's a bit childish especially that scene in ep. 1 when Eun Byul went flying across the room because of the explosion she caused due to forgetting to remove the lid of her ramen! But if you watch it with an open mind and take it for what it is -- a Teen drama -- it can be very enjoyable.

This is the first time I've seen Yang Dong Geun act and now I know why he is much respected in the industry. His acting is very natural and convincing and it will do Park Min Young the world of good to be cast alongside him.

I already liked PMY prior to watching this, but now I am officially a fan. She is SUPER cute in this drama and her acting is quite decent too, for a relative newbie at least. I can only see her improving and I don't think it's far-fetched at all to suggest she is gonna be the next Song Hye Kyo.

Anyway, that's enough drivel....time to get back to perving at Park Min Young!
:wub:

l7ghia

Post by l7ghia » Feb 20th, '08, 06:46

Lynne wrote:hi all..
so is anyone subbing this drama? :)
As far as I know, you can see all of it at idols-unlimited or part of it at crunchyroll (they're up to episode 9 with the non-edited version).

http://idols-unlimited.com/kdrama-i-am-sam

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 20th, '08, 14:11

the soft-subs over at idols-unlimited are of a pretty good quality, especially considering it was done by only one person. Don't forget to head over and thank foreverluv for her excellent work.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 29th, '08, 13:11

I'm almost done with this series and OK, it's not the best drama that's out there, but if you're a straight guy, you MUST watch it for Park Min Young. When I first looked at her pictures I just thought she's another one of those cutesy type of actresses but that's not the case at all. I've never said this about a Korean actress before, in fact, I have never said this ever but:

Park Min Young is to die for!

She has a smile that could stop World War III, a beautiful face, a great body, KILLER legs, and did you guys see her walk? Never have I seen a Korean actress with such a sexy & sophisticated walk. Watch the scene outside the Japanese restaurant in Eps 8 to see what I mean. I take it she used to be a model?

Her acting still needs a bit of work, but she has the foundation to build upon. The fundamentals are definitely there. I can really see her playing a femme fatale role à la Son Yeh Jin in Open City. Yep, cast PMY as the female lead for the drama version please. I'd take her over SHK for that type of role any day. :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Feb 29th, '08, 13:29

kobe23 wrote:I'm almost done with this series and OK, it's not the best drama that's out there, but if you're a straight guy, you MUST watch it for Park Min Young. When I first looked at her pictures I just thought she's another one of those cutesy type of actresses but that's not the case at all. I've never said this about a Korean actress before, in fact, I have never said this ever but:

Park Min Young is to die for!

She has a smile that could stop World War III, a beautiful face, a great body, KILLER legs, and did you guys see her walk? Never have I seen a Korean actress with such a sexy & sophisticated walk. Watch the scene outside the Japanese restaurant in Eps 8 to see what I mean. I take it she used to be a model?
Somehow I get the feeling that you like her :mrgreen: :P

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 1st, '08, 15:13

Dammit!! How did you guess? I was being as subtle as I could possibly be - full of cryptic clues and subliminal messages. You sir, are the new Sherlock Holmes :)

But just in case others could not unravel the mystery ....
Yes, I like Park Min Young :wub:

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » Mar 1st, '08, 15:39

is anyone subbing dis?? i hope someone does... dis kdrama is too good not to sub for...

d current eng sub is not very good but tolerable... i stl enjoyed it... i frst watchd it at kbs world and i enjoyd it very much... PMY is very cute and pretty (love her)... YDG is very funny wid his mannerisms and jokes... d storyline is unique, good and funny..

if a better eng sub is available... please notify us here

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Mar 1st, '08, 15:48

abel nightroad wrote:is anyone subbing dis?? i hope someone does... dis kdrama is too good not to sub for...

d current eng sub is not very good but tolerable... i stl enjoyed it... i frst watchd it at kbs world and i enjoyd it very much... PMY is very cute and pretty (love her)... YDG is very funny wid his mannerisms and jokes... d storyline is unique, good and funny..

if a better eng sub is available... please notify us here
In the idols-unlimited forum (need to register) you can find better softsubs.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 5th, '08, 14:58

Actually you don't even need to register, just go to idols-unlimited.com, click on dramas from the top menu and then scroll down and click I am Sam. On the next page, make sure you download from the HQ section and NOT the hardsubbed, KBS or MQ sections.

Although it isn't necessary to register, you should still do it after you've completed downloading just to say thanks to the people involved (foreverluv and puela), because if it wasn't for them, we would never be able to see it at a decent quality.

addi-K

Post by addi-K » Mar 7th, '08, 20:43

kobe23 wrote:Actually you don't even need to register, just go to idols-unlimited.com, click on dramas from the top menu and then scroll down and click I am Sam. On the next page, make sure you download from the HQ section and NOT the hardsubbed, KBS or MQ sections.

Although it isn't necessary to register, you should still do it after you've completed downloading just to say thanks to the people involved (foreverluv and puela), because if it wasn't for them, we would never be able to see it at a decent quality.
Thanks for this great information :thumleft:

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » Mar 8th, '08, 18:04

many thx kobe23 abd WroW 4 d help!! not only 4 d better sub but also a better quality...

ei... i think sumthing wrong with idols unlimited site... i can't access it for now... is der a problem?

panasonic

Post by panasonic » Apr 3rd, '08, 08:26

i went to the site idols unlimited but it do not work

help me please

nelly017

Post by nelly017 » Apr 3rd, '08, 09:33

hello there everyone I am the one whos subbing the episode in CR but most of them I just ripped off in the KBS la version and some of the episode are translated by korean translators I found at Cr I have the subs for ep 1-10 and ep 15 so that leaves ep 11,12,13,14,and 16
which are unsub i have been busy lately with work and currently helping sub unstoppalble High KIck if any one would like to help I'll be willing to continue subbing it

blamvitaburst

Post by blamvitaburst » Apr 27th, '08, 21:03

Oh no! I had no idea the veoh version was edited down so much! And now I read comments on here and almost all the small details that people enjoyed about the series weren't even in it. T_T Now I'm sad! And I can definitely see how the characters might not have been as developed because of this (certain times I was just like what??? why is this character doing that now? So much confusion!).
And I don't know if I have the time/energy to try to use megaupload to get those full versions. Boooo.

It should be illegal for TV stations to do this to dramas! The director, writers, editors, stage crews and actors all worked so hard to make it just the way it came out on Korean television- why should it be cut down just to fit a different time set up?
Aw, SO SAD. I can't see how those who made this series would be all right with this being done to it.

But I thought it was a pretty good series. Jang should have at least had a better haircut and clothes, though. I felt like I was watching my grandpa play the role. Is it a rule at Korean schools that the teachers dress up frumpily and highly conservatively or something? Because it was also a shame that So Yi had to have that AWFUL 70's helmet haircut and hide her face with it so much that her expressions were even hard to see. Just bad, bad fashion sense among those teachers. It hurt a bit to watch. haha :P

mittens

Post by mittens » Apr 30th, '08, 11:25

hmm.. i'm now in episode 6. the very reason why i watched this drama is because TOP is there... hehe..

Can someone please tell me...
if the teacher and the girl will end up with each other? because if that's the case, I will stop watching this. thanks!

TOP!!! we are VIP.. TOP is VIP!!!!!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 30th, '08, 16:48

Isn't it obvious who will end up with who?
In Korean dramas the 2 leads almost always end up together. Right now, I can't think of a k-drama where the leads did NOT end up together. All you need to do is to look up the cast listing in Drama Wiki and you've spoiled the series!

theunseenwind

Post by theunseenwind » May 6th, '08, 07:43

nelly017 wrote:hello there everyone I am the one whos subbing the episode in CR but most of them I just ripped off in the KBS la version and some of the episode are translated by korean translators I found at Cr I have the subs for ep 1-10 and ep 15 so that leaves ep 11,12,13,14,and 16
which are unsub i have been busy lately with work and currently helping sub unstoppalble High KIck if any one would like to help I'll be willing to continue subbing it
CR as in crunchyroll? What do you need help with for subbing? Thanks for all of your efforts, btw, you're a life saver :D.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Jul 23rd, '08, 04:14

Okay so I thought this drama was okay enjoyable. Not really one of my favorites, but still okay.

I laughed so hard on the part when
Eun Byul's dad and Mr. Kim went to Sam's house and they acted as his father and brother. THAT was so hilarious! Loved that part.
So I mostly watched this for TOP. Haha. No other reason really. I started liking the other characters though. Like Sagang and the classmates. They were awesome.

At the end,
I really thought Sam was in a wheelchair, but then out comes He Bin (?) well anwyas one of the Bins, all pregnant. That was funnnnyyyy =D It was cool seeing all of them older and onto other things.

MartinLi

Post by MartinLi » Sep 25th, '08, 21:54

I really like this series, but I have been watching the bad edited ones and I didnt know till I got to episode 13 -_-, could anyone please reup the episodes =), the ones by TANK. I already have the subs so if you could upload the raws i'll seed them till my ISP cuts off my internet xD

quotie

Post by quotie » Sep 26th, '08, 00:28

How do I find out which version is edited and not? I got my copy from aigoo trough MU.