Post by Sakuya » Oct 16th, '07, 07:18

Title: Galileo
Broadcast Network: Fuji TV
Genre: Mystery
Episodes: 11
Air Dates: 10/15/07 - 12/07
Air Time: Monday 21:00
Starring: Fukuyama Masaharu, Shibasaki Kou, Kitamura Kazuki
jade_frost wrote: In "Galileo," Fukuyama Masaharu plays a genius physicist and university associate professor, Yukawa Manabu, who solves difficult mysteries. Affectionately known as Tantei Galileo, Yukawa is brilliant, an all-round sportsman, tall and handsome but eccentric. Yukawa's partner is a rookie cop, Utsumi Kaoru played by Shibasaki Kou. She is hot-blooded and has a strong sense of justice.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/index.php?title=Galileo
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/galileo/index.html

It's pretty strange that there wasl no discussion thread for Galileo. Anyway, it just aired today and the raws are out. Did anybody watch it yet? I'm holding out until the sub is out. Someone released the time codes and someone volunteered to edit, they're just waiting for a translator. :salut:

japysia

Post by japysia » Oct 16th, '07, 07:44

"LIFE" named most satisfying summer drama

Oricon has published the results of its quarterly drama satisfaction rankings, and the #1 choice this summer was Fuji TV's "LIFE" at 77.7%. With previous season's "LIAR GAME" having ranked 2nd with 78.5% (and both shows attracting strong viewership ratings), Fuji TV's new Saturday drama time slot is proving to be a success.

The summer's top ten were:
LIFE (77.7%)
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (76.3%)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (75.8%)
Hotaru no Hikari (75.5%)
Yamada Taro Monogatari (72.7%)
Sushi Ouji! (70.0%)
Yama Onna Kabe Onna (69.2%)
Tantei Gakuen Q (69.1%)
Jotei (68.0%)
Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm (67.8%)

Meanwhile, the pre-season survey for the fall indicates that expectations are highest for "Galileo."
Galileo (60.1%)
Iryu 2 (55.6%)
Hataraki Man (55.0%)
SP (51.5%)
Hatachi no Koibito (51.2%)
Yukan Club (49.4%)
Utahime (49.3%)
3 Nen B Gumi Kinpachi Sensei 8 (48.4%)
Joshi Deka! (45.7%)
Abarenbo Mama (44.8%)

"Galileo" premiere gets 24.7%

The first episode of "Galileo," starring Masaharu Fukuyama and Kou Shibasaki, aired on Monday night. The broadcast pulled in a 24.7% viewership rating, beating out last Thursday's premiere of "Iryu 2" (21.0%). Both shows are in the top three starts of the year, surpassed only by the winter series "Karei Naru Ichizoku" (27.7%), which starred Takuya Kimura.

"Galileo" is Fuji TV's first "Getsu 9" drama to break 20% with the opening episode since the first half of 2006, when the network aired "Saiyuki" (29.2%) and "Top Caster" (23.1%).

source:-tokyograph-

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Oct 16th, '07, 07:53

I have a feeling at least 2/4 of the viewership is by the fangirls of the male lead judging by the Making Of segment that aired before this first episode at their press conference. XD

a2a

Post by a2a » Oct 16th, '07, 08:42

Count me in as a fan of MAsaharu Fukuyama! He's hot and a great singer! And all the Japanese love him! He always top the charts with his songs! :D Plus this drama has Shibasaki Kou as the female lead! Pity nobody said they'll sub it yet but I guess a translator will pop up soon! Else I'll just watch it RAW. Actually, I would volunteer to work as a translator but I don't have confidence that I can sub yet... :-( I need just one more year of training...

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Oct 16th, '07, 13:03

Thanks God. I've waiting for this thread for a long time. My almost must to watch dorama for this season.
japysia wrote:"Galileo" premiere gets 24.7%

The first episode of "Galileo," starring Masaharu Fukuyama and Kou Shibasaki, aired on Monday night. The broadcast pulled in a 24.7% viewership rating, beating out last Thursday's premiere of "Iryu 2" (21.0%). Both shows are in the top three starts of the year, surpassed only by the winter series "Karei Naru Ichizoku" (27.7%), which starred Takuya Kimura.

"Galileo" is Fuji TV's first "Getsu 9" drama to break 20% with the opening episode since the first half of 2006, when the network aired "Saiyuki" (29.2%) and "Top Caster" (23.1%).

Meanwhile, the pre-season survey for the fall indicates that expectations are highest for "Galileo."
Galileo (60.1%)
Iryu 2 (55.6%)
Hataraki Man (55.0%)
SP (51.5%)
Hatachi no Koibito (51.2%)
Yukan Club (49.4%)
Utahime (49.3%)
3 Nen B Gumi Kinpachi Sensei 8 (48.4%)
Joshi Deka! (45.7%)
Abarenbo Mama (44.8%)

source:-tokyograph-
Good news at the beginning although I don't watch it yet.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Oct 16th, '07, 13:13

Viewed epi 1 last night, I went into the show with a lot of prior prejudice. A great friend of mine is a huge fan of original the novel and i was practically brainwashed into hating the production team for replacing the role that Kusanagi Shunpei (Kitamura Kazuki) in the book with the role of Utsumi Kaoru (Shibasaki Kou).

I've wanted to hate Utsumi but within minutes Shibasaki Kou disarmed whatever any prejudice i had. Utsumi chan is just so adorable! Not in the usual fluffy japanese girl kind of way, she's spunky & cute, always trying to do her best, "manipulative" enough to spin a lie within seconds lol. What is most endearing about her is that unlike the other characters who are older, seen more crimes and more jaded, she's like a breath of fresh air, still willing to believe, the brutalness of crimes will still get to her. Kudos to the scripitwriter for opting to expand this role, on hindsight reproducing the Galileo x Kusanagi combi for TV might come across as homoerotic for some, alienating some audience.

A lot of people might be going into this drama looking for the kind of chemistry Nakama Yukie and Abe Hiroshi enjoyed in TRICK ( i did lol). I guess we must all bear in mind that it's epi 1 and TRICK spanned 3 seasons and couple of SPs. While sparks weren't exactly flying between the 2 leads, how they played off each other was still very enjoyable.

What struck me first in epi 1 is how the audience’s emotions were manipulated by the drama very subtlety…
They built the “victims of the crime” to be real pests, hated by everyone. By casting a very likable actor in Karasawa Toshiaki, it was easy to take the side of the murderer and empathize with him. Then within few seconds, the lighter moments which we thought as just Galileo being his usual otaku self was in preparation for the unveiling the brutal truth. What the murderer did was too calculated an act of crime, with so much intent that one feels guilty and stupid for even empathizing in the first place. But masterfully, before you could get too upset, the dramas brings you back to another lighter moment ending epi 1 with a relatively light mood.
Oh, I forgot to mention how I liked the main character and how Fukuyama san fared. Get real, it’s Fukuyama Masaharu we’re talking about here, the man every girl wants to marry! Was too busy getting overwhelmed by seeing him in a drama again lol.

I'm usually very careful not to get too excited over good epi 1s of Getsuku dramas these days. Barring Tokyo Tower, every recent one has started out great for me only to lose momentum subsequently. I'm not sure if Galileo will be another classic that people will remember fondly of, but it will most certainly be watchable, if not for anything.... you can't go very wrong when the supporting cast includes such interesting actors like Kitamura Kazuki, Watanabe Ikkei and Maya Miki.

Reira49

Post by Reira49 » Oct 16th, '07, 21:37

I finish the first episode
really cool
I love each characters too
they all have really strong personality

also I pretty like kitamura-san's character
an interesting guy^^

really looking forward next week!!

vis

Post by vis » Oct 16th, '07, 21:46

This is a jdrama I've been anticipating ever since it was listed as Upcoming Japanese Dramas in the Dramawiki page :) Sounded intriguing back then and the posts here seem to confirm that fact ^^ I usually spoil myself with raws, even though I can't understand a word of japanese, but this time around I'll wait for someone to pick it up as fansubbing project first before starting to download :) Keeping an avid eye for that ^^

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 16th, '07, 21:58

which FS will sub this drama?

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Oct 16th, '07, 22:09

i watched this raw yetsurday and it was pretty good! i luv the actors in it! i really hope a subbing team can sub it!! :-)

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Oct 17th, '07, 01:30

haruna_hamasaki wrote:which FS will sub this drama?
No team yet but volunteers have sprung up, just no translator volunteers.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 17th, '07, 04:46

I'm a little underwhelmed by the first episode. It's structured like the American series, Numbers, but the American guy is more charismatic in his passion and devotion to mathematics/science

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 17th, '07, 14:29

auroragb wrote:I'm a little underwhelmed by the first episode. It's structured like the American series, Numbers, but the American guy is more charismatic in his passion and devotion to mathematics/science
Yukawa is like Grissom in CSI. Eccentric in his deep rooted belief in science and lack of social skills. I want to shake him out of his scientific madness. Then I want to hug him for getting it. He is so adorable.

Utsumi is really something. I mean this woman is really not afraid of a little crying and a little lie to get what she wants. Although she is a bit manipulative, I can't help but like her.

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Oct 18th, '07, 04:18

I have to agree with auroragb. The first episode seemed to be missing something. I think it has a lot to do with what kokitty pointed out: the chemistry between the two leads is somewhat off. Even if romance isn't in the cards, there has to be some sexual tension between the leading man and lady, because they will be talking to each other a lot, and without any sort of underlying mutual attraction the dialogue can easily fall flat. Unfortunately, the atmosphere between Yukawa and Utsumi felt limp to me. The problem isn't with Shibasaki, because her character allows her to be more emotionally expressive. The real challenge belongs to Fukuyama. He has to project an emotional investment in Shibasaki's Utsumi without ruffling the unflappable and deliberate exterior of his character. I wonder if Fukuyama has the necessary acting chops to get this done, or if he will simply be content to trade on his popularity.

But I'm a big mystery fan. So regardless of how the acting turns out, as long as the writers can cook up a good whodunit each episode, I'll have much to look forward to. At first I thought the murder method in Episode 1 was too complicated and contrived to work, until Yukawa sensei explained that persistence and some luck were its key ingredients. It was a very unusual killing. I enjoyed the story and I hope they keep it up.

ayachan2007

Post by ayachan2007 » Oct 18th, '07, 04:32

Sakuya wrote:
haruna_hamasaki wrote:which FS will sub this drama?
No team yet but volunteers have sprung up, just no translator volunteers.
I found out that SARS fansubs are going to sub the Galileo drama.
Here's the link http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... #Fall_2007.

It was also announced on SARS official site.

Can't wait for SARS to come out with the subbed first episode of Galileo.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 18th, '07, 11:54

I'm inclined to agree with joeboygo and auroragb. I love dramas of the investigative/mystery genre but after my first go at watching Ep1, I was sorely tempted to write it off as unremarkable. Like joeboygo pointed out, something is clearly missing. The episode felt hollow. It wasn't just the chemistry between the two leads that was wanting, I even thought that the case was just dull. But on my second viewing, I started to marvel at the brilliance that I had missed the first time round.
Kanemori had almost gotten away with a premeditated murder that might have been passed off as an accident or misadventure had Yukawa not noticed the difference between the laser burns and cigarette butt burns, followed the clues and gradually drawn that conclusion.
I think that had to do with the way the storyline was executed although I can't really pinpoint what it is. i certainly hope that the cases get more interesting.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Oct 18th, '07, 23:16

i'm sure SARS will do a great job subbing. :salut:

klon22

Post by klon22 » Oct 21st, '07, 00:50

This is a omoshiroi drama,

i liked,

;)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 21st, '07, 23:19

Big announcement...
Galileo movie confirmed!!

- Movie adaptation of "Devotion of Suspect X", Tantei Galileo novel series #3 by Higashino Keigo is confirmed.
This novel has won the "Honkaku Mystery Awards", and "Naoki Awards".
Also previously ranked #1 in all 3 major mystery novel rankings.

- Dorama cast including Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou will make appearance.

- Will be directed by Nishitani Hiroshi, director of "Kenchou no Hoshi".

- Filming will begin in Spring '08, planned release on Fall '08.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20071 ... 02201.html

Needless to say, I will be translating it if there's no ENG sub :salut:
Although I don't know if it will be with SARS and it definitely won't be uploaded on this tracker...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:45

does anybody know where i cna find this straming online?

klon22

Post by klon22 » Oct 22nd, '07, 01:28

Galileo Movie??

wow, interesting news,

so wait for that.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 22nd, '07, 02:43

I'm surprised that Fuji TV based their decision to make Galileo into a movie on the strength of the viewership ratings for Ep1. It's hard to tell whether the combination of Masha and Shibasaki Kou can continue to pull in such stellar results when it's so early into the drama.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode tonight.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:56

8thSin wrote:Big announcement...
Galileo movie confirmed!!

- Movie adaptation of "Devotion of Suspect X", Tantei Galileo novel series #3 by Higashino Keigo is confirmed.
This novel has won the "Honkaku Mystery Awards", and "Naoki Awards".
Also previously ranked #1 in all 3 major mystery novel rankings.
- Dorama cast including Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou will make appearance.
- Will be directed by Nishitani Hiroshi, director of "Kenchou no Hoshi".
- Filming will begin in Spring '08, planned release on Fall '08.
Lovely! I'm looking forward to it. Just read a little about the background of the story:

Devotion of Suspect X is about a genius mathematician and high school teacher Ishigami Tetsuya, who has taken a fancy to Hanaoka Yasuko, a lady working at a bento store. He learns that Yasuko and her daugther have killed a person and helps the two of them to construct the perfect alibi. The police investigation runs into difficulty and detective Kusanagi Shunpei seeks the advice of his friend, the brilliant physicist Yukawa Manabu. Ishigami is Yukawa's university friend. A fierce battle breaks out between the genius mathematician and genius physicist.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 22nd, '07, 14:36

They probably signed for the movie rights together with the dorama. Just played it safe and made sure the first episode got nice ratings before officially announcing :lol

Here's the AsahiKasei CM that aired during Ep1, subbed.
http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/ ... s&id=39096

yap1412

Post by yap1412 » Oct 22nd, '07, 18:19

SARS fansubs going make the hardsub for dis series rite?
..is there any possiblity other fansubs will make the sofsubs?

i already download the raw.. :-(

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 23rd, '07, 01:13

^ They don't... 700-ish MB is not too much to download when they are well-seeded :roll

Anyways... Just watched ep2, it was still pretty good. I liked the kind of mystery they were trying to solve.
It bothered me how he had that "sudden breakthrough" again and scribbled equations in random places. I thought it was really cool the first time, but it's gonna get really cheesy when he does it every single episode :crazy:
The guests in this series are so awesome! FujiTV isn't sparing any money on this series :thumright: Hirosue Ryouko was in the preview and Katori Shingo is gonna be in Ep 4 according to Sanspo.
Can't wait to see who'll show up for the finale and movie :D

Ep 2 viewership = 22.1%. Very small drop for series with Ep1 over 20% :thumleft:

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 23rd, '07, 03:04

8thSin wrote:Anyways... Just watched ep2, it was still pretty good. I liked the kind of mystery they were trying to solve.
It bothered me how he had that "sudden breakthrough" again and scribbled equations in random places. I thought it was really cool the first time, but it's gonna get really cheesy when he does it every single episode :crazy:
The guests in this series are so awesome! FujiTV isn't sparing any money on this series :thumright: Hirosue Ryouko was in the preview and Katori Shingo is gonna be in Ep 4 according to Sanspo.
Can't wait to see who'll show up for the finale and movie :D[
It could be his trademark...which means they will retain it throughout the drama? I agree that it's gonna be cheesy.

This series seems to be about how murders were committed rather than who perpetrated the murders.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Oct 23rd, '07, 04:13

8thSin wrote:The guests in this series are so awesome! FujiTV isn't sparing any money on this series :thumright: Hirosue Ryouko was in the preview and Katori Shingo is gonna be in Ep 4 according to Sanspo.
Can't wait to see who'll show up for the finale and movie :D
I'm secretly hoping for Kimura Takuya for the movie. It sounds impossible at first but since they managed to get Shingo for epi 4.... Kimura as a guest star suddenly doesn't look like such a wild idea.

It'll be rather fun to see a Fukuyama vs Kimutaku thing happening on screen given their almost decade old "rivalry" for most desired man in Japan bragging rights
It could be his trademark...which means they will retain it throughout the drama? I agree that it's gonna be cheesy.
It's cheesy but thought it adds to the fun though. Furuhata Ninzaburo is equally cheesy when he goes about this usual little "speech" before solving a crime and nobody complained for years lol.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 23rd, '07, 12:04

Guest star Hirosue Ryoko in Ep3: Sawagu next week.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 23rd, '07, 21:37

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 24th, '07, 02:38

Oh mannnn, all these future guest stars are making hugely excited for this show. I hope it jumps to past 30% ratings for an episode.

And yes, *nods* a Kimura Takuya in the movie sounds awesome.

Thanks for all the info, you guys. :)

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Oct 25th, '07, 09:14

Wow, I just watched episode 1 and it was so great with a touch of comedy, too. :cheers: I was also a bit surprised because:
After finding the culprit and solving the mystery of spontaneous combustion, they go even further to reveal that he had bad intentions. And I wasn't expecting that.
Can't wait for new episodes (and the movie), I'm so glad SARS is subbing so thanks. :lol

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Oct 25th, '07, 21:19

To me it feels a bit like watching Conan again, so mainly nonsensical, but still enjoyable.
I don't deny the fact I'm watching this so I can drool over a man old enough to be my father. :wub:
Plus Hirosue Ryoko and Katori Shingo guest-starring? Hello Hello, how could I stop watching now? :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Oct 25th, '07, 21:44

Ryoko Hirosue seems to have lost a lot of weight or something? Her face used to be a bit chubby I think? Guess I will check out the subbed file ^^;

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Oct 26th, '07, 02:54

I just watched the first episode and it is a lot better than I expected. It is interesting to watch. So far no one that I find annoying yet. I love witty humour. Science is pretty darn cool....

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Oct 26th, '07, 20:24

Mmmm, this looks like a promising drama. I've watched first ep and seems pretty good so far. Keeping this one.

Kazeyama

Post by Kazeyama » Oct 26th, '07, 20:41

Does anyone remember Masha in a program a few years ago called "Fukuyama Engineering" where he interviewed people, famous and not, about their expertise in a particular subject? I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Btw, Masha and T.M.Revolution visited Safeco Field in Seattle a while back to interview the Mariners' former closer, Kazuhiro Sasaki, for a special they did (never got to see it - darn). I was able to take a photo of them on the field before the game. Luckily the "one" photo I took came out because as soon as I took it, a swarm of their "handlers" came rushing at me to stop me from taking more. I politely obeyed, but now I wished I had stood my ground. They had no right to stop me. There's no law that I couldn't take a photo of anyone on the field. Anyway, that was my first brush with Japanese celebs. It was exciting!

deeplove

Post by deeplove » Oct 27th, '07, 18:29

Sakuya wrote:Wow, I just watched episode 1 and it was so great with a touch of comedy, too. :cheers: I was also a bit surprised because:
After finding the culprit and solving the mystery of spontaneous combustion, they go even further to reveal that he had bad intentions. And I wasn't expecting that.
Can't wait for new episodes (and the movie), I'm so glad SARS is subbing so thanks. :lol
for sure they had to show his bad intentions cuz first (most importantly) i think its a physicist's stubborness to prove that his hypothesis theory WORKS and second he's not about to let the murderer off with just 5 years of jail vs..a really long jail sentence. to show he's just pretending and lying. You could see it coming though when he said "it requires great precision and there's no way doing this once it'd hit his head.. yah rite.

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Oct 29th, '07, 07:48

Just watched episode one, this series looks very promising (meh it kind of reminds me of that the drama called Numb3rs). Hope the viewership rating continues to rise :)

A big thank you to goes out to SARS for subbing this ^^

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 29th, '07, 13:17

I just watched episode one and this is definatly now one of my fav dramas this season
very entertaining!

ayachan2007

Post by ayachan2007 » Oct 29th, '07, 18:31

At first, I wasn't sure what was the drama about, but since SARS subbed it and read the information, I decided to give it a try to watch it. Watched the first episode of Galileo, and it was very interesting to watch. Loved the first ep, and thanx SARS for uploading this.

I'll be waiting for the next episode.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Oct 30th, '07, 00:13

Hirosue Ryouko was pretty good in ep3. I think she's really cute, but usually I'm not a big fan of her acting. She was pretty convincing here though :-)

Hirosue is not known for high ratings, and "Nada Sou Sou" was airing at the same time this week at another TV station... Kind of worried about ratings this week :sweat:
Katori's next week though, SMAP members are crazy at Monday@9 timeslot because of SMAPxSMAP right before... I'm sure there will be a big jump in ratings next week.

The cases are pretty fun, but I'm starting to worry about the chemistry between Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou. Utsumi is starting to open up with Galileo-sensei, but I don't know... Something's missing. Hopefully it will get better.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Oct 30th, '07, 01:28

Ep 3 on the "poltergeist" registered a respectable 21.3%. I noticed that it was helmed by a different director compared to the first two episodes.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Oct 30th, '07, 08:07

I've just watched the first episode and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be like a supernatural, scary type show but it wasn't and I really liked it and I usually don't like procedural crime shows.

jnieta11

Post by jnieta11 » Oct 30th, '07, 11:32

I've watched this and I'm loving it..

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Oct 30th, '07, 17:09

First episode looks good. I would get an F in his class ^^; worse than a D :P That's some crazy calculations they do though. I actually recognize quite a number of actors other than the main ones there like the actors from Shiroi Kyoto and Iryu ^^;

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 1st, '07, 08:12

I think the chemistry between the two protagonists is great after watching the second episode :P Bring on episode 3 ^_^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 1st, '07, 16:14

yea me too. I can't wait for subs for episode 3. It's so interesting ^^; I think the chemistry between the 2 are not bad. They're pretty funny together haha. It was funny seeing the henjin professor act sukebe ^^; And she was saying
"You don't look like a pervert". I guess she forgot he was looking at her ass earlier ^^;
I find I am liking the science and detective part more than the romance part though. The cases are so intriguing. After the second case, I guess it shows how bad my knowledge of science is. I never guessed...episode 1 was easier to guess.

oh btw, is it just me or does anyone else find the ending of episode 2 kind of sudden? I mean...
They kept hounding the guy and trying to prove he did park the car there. Then suddenly in the last few minutes before end of the episode, they come up with this guy who is supposedly having affair with the victim. Shouldn't they have investigated all the suspects?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 1st, '07, 18:38

seirin wrote: oh btw, is it just me or does anyone else find the ending of episode 2 kind of sudden?
Haha, yeah. The new suspect came out of nowhere. But quoting Galileo-sensei, "I'm not interested in who the murderer is, I'm only interested in how [it was done]."

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Nov 1st, '07, 19:31

its funny when i see his msg ..
so cute.. n i love watch galileo...

just watched epi 1.. will watch epi 2 tmrw..
thanks SARS for subbing it.. :salut: :thumright:

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Nov 1st, '07, 21:33

I loved episode 2, not as much as episode 3 though. I guess the story in episode 2, isn't really bout the murder, but bout the boy being sick. lol OH well.. my favorite part was the buttlocks for odachi or something part. so funny.

Tensai

Post by Tensai » Nov 3rd, '07, 19:33

I'm really enjoying this show... I wasn't so sure, since singer + drama doesn't necessarily always work out well, but this time it did. I love the banter between the two.

-Ten

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Nov 3rd, '07, 19:44

I really like this show. It's the first crime drama i have seen so lighthearted, yet so intricate in the crime solving department. Reminds me of Mcguyver, but with comedy.

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Nov 4th, '07, 20:43

I'm also really enjoying this show. I'm following SARS' release and I love the banter between the two protagonists. Though I'm not a huge fan of crime dramas, this drama is really interesting so far. It's probably the best drama this season (the second best being Utahime).

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 4th, '07, 22:54

doink-chan wrote:I'm also really enjoying this show. I'm following SARS' release and I love the banter between the two protagonists. Though I'm not a huge fan of crime dramas, this drama is really interesting so far. It's probably the best drama this season (the second best being Utahime).
I agree. Think the chemisty of the two protagonists is really getting better with the 2nd/3rd epi.

I guess you share the same taste as the professional critics panel... One of the ent magazines published their picks this season from the first 2 epis based on their panel discussion... top pick being Galileo, 2nd Utahime and 3rd Joshi deka. Iryu wasn't included in discussions i think cos it's a sequel. Of course it's just a 5 person critics panel but think it usually has a 75% accuracy in predicting the winners of the season drama awards every season. Guess looks like Galileo is suceeding not only in audience viewer ratings but also getting some critical acclaim.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Nov 5th, '07, 03:03

I can't wait to see episode 3, the preview at the end of ep2 left me really curious about it. :lol

Btw, here's a radio rip of the themesong that my friend found on winmx for me.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCSICRDY

Enjoy :)

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 5th, '07, 03:12

kokitty wrote:
doink-chan wrote:I'm also really enjoying this show. I'm following SARS' release and I love the banter between the two protagonists. Though I'm not a huge fan of crime dramas, this drama is really interesting so far. It's probably the best drama this season (the second best being Utahime).
I agree. Think the chemisty of the two protagonists is really getting better with the 2nd/3rd epi.

I guess you share the same taste as the professional critics panel... One of the ent magazines published their picks this season from the first 2 epis based on their panel discussion... top pick being Galileo, 2nd Utahime and 3rd Joshi deka. Iryu wasn't included in discussions i think cos it's a sequel. Of course it's just a 5 person critics panel but think it usually has a 75% accuracy in predicting the winners of the season drama awards every season. Guess looks like Galileo is suceeding not only in audience viewer ratings but also getting some critical acclaim.
i think the the top three choices is the most accurate choices for this season coz all the three drama definitely the best so far among all this season's drama.....they have really excellent storyline :cheers: but kinda disappointed no one going to sub Joshi Deka...hope there is someone going to sub it...it is really gud drama

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Nov 5th, '07, 04:12

There's a softsub of Joshi Deka! in the Subtitles forum by henna_juna. So far they've released subs of the first episode. The thread is here.

Salz

Post by Salz » Nov 5th, '07, 07:38

doink-chan wrote:There's a softsub of Joshi Deka! in the Subtitles forum by henna_juna. So far they've released subs of the first episode. The thread is here.
thanks for the info...but do u know where i could find a place to download the HQ raw of Joshi Deka with direct download link and not the torrent coz i just download the LQ from veoh and that cant read the sub :unsure: ....sorry if this off topic

myosotis

Post by myosotis » Nov 6th, '07, 00:17

just saw ep04, and liked it a looooot...but don't worry I won't spoil here^^
取りあえず、慎吾君かっこよかったねえぇぇ!!!
PS: I recommend this ep to smappies :P

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 6th, '07, 00:51

^ 慎吾カッコよかった!悪役の方が全然似合う...つーか怖かった :lol
ケツはいらなかったけど :roll

Ep 4 was awesome,
Fukuyama Masaharu in the last scene where he left the bar was sooooo cool :blink
Rating jumped up to 23.6%!

From the preview, it looks like Mizuno Miki will also guest in ep5!

Agnieszkakoe

Post by Agnieszkakoe » Nov 6th, '07, 10:23

entertaining show! Yukawa-sensei is somehow a freak, but cop Utsumi is cute and tough!
Image Image

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 6th, '07, 22:57

Episode 3 is out!! Thank you SARS fansubs! :D

Can't wait to watch this

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Nov 6th, '07, 23:16

Dang 8thsin, you get these episodes translated very quickly. Thanks for the effort. :salut:

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 7th, '07, 01:40

^
I'm usually really slow. Recent SARS new-season series have all been weekly releases, just trying to meet the expectations :wink:

It seems Horikita Maki is going guest star in ep 6: "Dreams".

Can't wait to see who will be ep 7. Some guy made a prediction in 2ch that is right on course so far:
Guest S-rank A-rank B-rank C-rank
Ep1 A  Ep2 C  Ep3 B 
Ep4 A  Ep5 C  Ep6 B 

Ep7 A  Ep8 C  Ep9 B 
Ep10 S

razu-san

Post by razu-san » Nov 7th, '07, 03:03

8thSin wrote: It seems Horikita Maki is going guest star in ep 6: "Dreams".
:cheers: Thanks for the info! I <3 Maki!
They should get Kimura Takuya to appear as a guest in the last episode :)

kawaiiniko

Post by kawaiiniko » Nov 7th, '07, 05:30

Really? Maki? I love her, she's so cute ♥ I can't wait for that episode! :D

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Nov 7th, '07, 12:41

Can i confess to being shocked seeing Shingo
all naked (although not showing any vital parts) in the shower scene..
Obviously i enjoyed this treat immensely but just can't help but wonder if the scene was really vital to the plot?

Guest S-rank A-rank B-rank C-rank
Ep1 A  Ep2 C  Ep3 B 
Ep4 A  Ep5 C  Ep6 B 
Ep7 A  Ep8 C  Ep9 B 
Ep10 S
Ouch.... so Mizuno Miki's status now is considered C-rank?

If the S rank star is in epi 10, this means the star for the movie will have to be SS rank... wow!

zeox

Post by zeox » Nov 7th, '07, 17:04

I've only watched the first two episodes, but so far I really like it. And a movie? yes, please!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 7th, '07, 17:43

Can someone explain me aboutt those ABC ranks ? I dun't get it ^^;

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 7th, '07, 17:49

kokitty wrote: If the S rank star is in epi 10, this means the star for the movie will have to be SS rank... wow!
Maybe Takuya will be the SS rank in the movie ^^;

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 7th, '07, 22:26

Nomanymore wrote:Can someone explain me aboutt those ABC ranks ? I dun't get it ^^;
Well, it's more like "class", but Japanese people call it rank. Things like beef and fishes are often classified in ranks, "S" or "SS" being the best, and alphabetically after that in descending quality. These classifications are usually also commonly used in things like precious stones, stadium seats, demon strength (lol, if you have seen Yu Yu Hakusho)

The way this person predicted...
"S" would be someone BIG name like KimuTaku, Beat Takeshi etc whose work will sell just by their reputation,
"A" would be someone who regularly get leading roles and their names can stir up some ratings ==> Experienced actors who remain popular.
"B" would be someone who is capable of getting leading roles, but not able to get ratings by their names alone, ==> Young popular actors.
"C" would be actors who are usually in supporting roles.

Of course, most series don't even get a single A-rank actor as a special guest :roll
Fukuyama Masaharu and Shibasaki Kou would probably fall in A-rank. Although this is a 'comeback' series for Fukuyama, so it can be argued that he's S-rank right now.
kokitty wrote: Ouch.... so Mizuno Miki's status now is considered C-rank?

If the S rank star is in epi 10, this means the star for the movie will have to be SS rank... wow!
I personally like Mizuno Miki, but her last few dramas were flops and she hasn't had a leading role in prime time drama or movie for a while. I guess she's considered C now.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 7th, '07, 22:35

Thank you so much for the explanation :-)

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 7th, '07, 22:44

seirin wrote:
kokitty wrote: If the S rank star is in epi 10, this means the star for the movie will have to be SS rank... wow!
Maybe Takuya will be the SS rank in the movie ^^;
Hahaha, I see that in a lot of message boards :-)

I seriously doubt it would happen though... KimuTaku would steal all the spotlight away from Masha. Can't have anyone better looking and more popular to the girls than the lead :roll :lol

Some popular guesses are Eguchi Yousuke (co-starred in Hitotsu Yane no Shita, last criminal in Furuhata) for ep 10 and Tamura Masakazu (Furuhata Ninzaburou, Fukuyama Masaharu guest starred in season 3) for movie.

I think a big name comedian is also a possibility, like Shoufukutei Tsurube or Ucchan (although this would be another Saiyuuki guest...), Tamori or even Macchan of DownTown :lol

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Nov 8th, '07, 00:17

Can someone post up the guest actor/actress so far? I guess I dunno my Japanese actor/actress enough to tell who is rank what... Thanks.