TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
groink

Re: Can't download anymore >_<

Post by groink » Jan 8th, '07, 08:23

Tsana wrote:I'm sorry if this is all explained somewhere
It could be the fact that you're in China. I've found the following Internet traffic report to be very valuable:

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

In the Asian report, Shanghai is showing 50-percent packet loss, with a traffic index of 33. In non-techie terms, half of the data going in and out of Shanghai is being lost. Every time a piece of information is lost, it retries. These retries cut into the overall performance, thereby slowing everything down. This could very well be causing your instable connection.

--- groink

Tsana

Post by Tsana » Jan 8th, '07, 08:30

groink wrote: This could very well be causing your instable connection.
First Wikipedia and now this... I hate Chinese internet! >_<
Well well, I guess I'll just give it some time then and hope it gets better, thanks! :-)

Just one thing... meanwhile what port should I put it on? Is 7979 the one to be using? I was using 47224 when it was working on Saturday... should I put it back to that?

groink

Post by groink » Jan 8th, '07, 08:52

Tsana wrote:Just one thing... meanwhile what port should I put it on? Is 7979 the one to be using? I was using 47224 when it was working on Saturday... should I put it back to that?
There are two ports you should be concerned about:

7979 is the port your PC uses to connect to the tracker, to obtain a list of peers in the swarm (group of people working with the same torrent). In theory, your PC only needs to make the connection to the tracker one time.

47224 is the port your PC uses to connect to the peers within the swarm. This is when actual data is being transmitted.

The key here is that the peers in the swarm can also connect to you using 47224. If they cannot, then you should choose a different port. This is what throws most people off - just because one port range works for one torrent, it doesn't mean it'll work for ALL torrents. This is why we use the 5-digit port ranges - there's less of a chance an ISP or other firewall would be blocking those ports.

--- groink

Tsana

Post by Tsana » Jan 8th, '07, 09:09

groink wrote: This is why we use the 5-digit port ranges - there's less of a chance an ISP or other firewall would be blocking those ports.
Ok... but how do I use port ranges instead of only one port? And how would I have my comp. connect to 7979?
It looks like this:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Tsana/namnls.jpg[/img]
There's only space for one port!

groink

Post by groink » Jan 8th, '07, 09:20

Tsana wrote:
groink wrote: This is why we use the 5-digit port ranges - there's less of a chance an ISP or other firewall would be blocking those ports.
Ok... but how do I use port ranges instead of only one port? And how would I have my comp. connect to 7979?
It looks like this:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Tsana/namnls.jpg[/img]
There's only space for one port!
uTorrent doesn't use port ranges. It only uses one port, so the other peers MUST connect to you at that port. In the old days of BitTorrent, one would open an array of ports (ex:6881 to 6999) and allow peers to connect to them using any of these ports. Then later on, this because a security issue.

--- groink

Tsana

Post by Tsana » Jan 8th, '07, 09:30

groink wrote: uTorrent doesn't use port ranges. It only uses one port, so the other peers MUST connect to you at that port. In the old days of BitTorrent, one would open an array of ports (ex:6881 to 6999) and allow peers to connect to them using any of these ports. Then later on, this because a security issue.
Oh so that's why. I guess there's no helping it then. I'll just leave it at this port for awhile and change it if it doesn't get any better :)
Thanks so much for your help _(._.)_ :-)

reverend

Post by reverend » Jan 8th, '07, 23:08

Just wanted to say that I am seeing the connection error 3 problem also. I can connect via DHT, but the transfer speed does seem to be below par, on files with large numbers of seeds. I haven't tried downgrading from Bitcomet .0.80 yet, or another client. I am just going to let things run on DHT for now.

Curious problem though. Other trackers seem to connect fine. I am currently downloading a file that is tracked both here and a jpopsuki. I can connect to the latter fine.

rev

groink

Post by groink » Jan 9th, '07, 02:38

reverend wrote:Curious problem though. Other trackers seem to connect fine. I am currently downloading a file that is tracked both here and a jpopsuki. I can connect to the latter fine.
BitComet version 0.8x does not work with D-Addicts. That's all you need to know.

ixora

Post by ixora » Jan 10th, '07, 13:10

Hi,

I am using bitcomet 0.79 and could not download anything at all for the past 2 weeks until now. I can download via clubbox however the speed only 2-15kb. Does anyone know why i have this problem with bitcomet. please advise.

Btw, i am now located in malaysia. I'm not sure whether others face the same problem with me.

Thanks

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Jan 11th, '07, 11:10

Ixora i'm from Malaysia too.

I have been using Bitomet 0.60 since last year. Never had any problems downloading files from d-addicts until the Taiwan incident. About a week later, my downloads were back to normal.But now i'm hardly able to connect with D-addicts tracker. I keep getting the same message " Can't connect racker (10060) waiting ..s to retry" This even happens with files which have more than 50 seeds! Uploading files have been badly affected.

It has been frustrating especially when my my brother is getting good speeds from other sites.
What should i do? Do i need to change my port?Ive been at 49152.

choisim

Post by choisim » Jan 11th, '07, 13:58

I am from Malaysia too and before last week, I was having the same problem downloading using bit comet. However, I took the advice of "groink" if you would read through this thread, and now I am back to downloading with bit comet vide the d-addicts tracker. It still reflects tracker connection error but torrents can still be downloaded. Speed can be as high as 30 kb/s at times and can dwindle down to 0 kb/s. Guess we have to be patient.

skachild

Post by skachild » Jan 13th, '07, 12:31

groink wrote:
reverend wrote:Curious problem though. Other trackers seem to connect fine. I am currently downloading a file that is tracked both here and a jpopsuki. I can connect to the latter fine.
BitComet version 0.8x does not work with D-Addicts. That's all you need to know.
what...!!??? reallly..??? :O :O :O

damn... i just install bitcomet 0.80 yesterday... no wonder i cannot download anytihng from d-addicts... :glare: :glare:

i think i switch to utorrent lol.. :alcoholic:

hoalan

Post by hoalan » Jan 15th, '07, 21:00

Whenever I'm downling I get disconnected from my server every few minutes. I have to unplug and replug constantsly if I want to dl anything. Would someone tell me what's the problem and how to fix it.
I use BitComet and my server is Comcast.
Thanks.

groink

Post by groink » Jan 16th, '07, 00:00

hoalan wrote:Whenever I'm downling I get disconnected from my server every few minutes. I have to unplug and replug constantsly if I want to dl anything. Would someone tell me what's the problem and how to fix it.
I use BitComet and my server is Comcast.
The problem could possibly be sitting between your PC and your cable modem (PC's ethernet port, the router, the cable modem, the cable coming into your home, etc.) Believe it or not, many people have constant disconnect-connect-disconnect-etc. issues and not even realize it. One reason is that the web protocol (http, https) is packet-driven, meaning the data stream is chopped up into an infinite number of pieces and is sent asynchronously (i.e. not in order or not precisely timed.) If you get disconnected during a web session, such as viewing a web page or even watching a YouTube video, you don't notice the problem unless the disconnect is long-term.

On the other hand, BitTorrent is less tolerant when it comes to disconnect. This is because of the way BitTorrent as a protocol functions where the data is streamed synchronously. So even a brief drop in the connection would cause your BT client to malfunction.

With that, I would look at other symptoms that could point to a bigger problem:

1. Under Windows, you keep getting a message saying your network connection either disconnected or is connected. This symptom usually points to either your PC or router, or the cable connecting your PC to the router is loose. Try replacing the cable.

2. Web surfing is choppy; one minute everything's running smoothly, and the next minute your web browser is just waiting for a connection. If you're not getting the #1 symptom, this could be an issue between your router and your cable modem. Try replacing the cable between these two devices. It could also be your cable service, and only Comcast can determine whether or not it is the cable modem or cable wiring.

3. Other services, such as Yahoo Messenger or other IM, also disconnect and re-connect frequently. If you're not getting the #1 symptom, address the problem like #2.

In all three cases, try bypassing the router completely and connect your PC directly into the cable modem. But when you do this, make sure you have firewall software installed on your PC.

So for now, based on you plug/unplug/plug, this is not a problem with BitTorrent specifically. You could very well have a more broad networking malfunction somewhere in your set-up.

--- groink

Auty
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Auty » Jan 16th, '07, 07:53

I've been using Bittorrent for ages and I've never had a problem.. but the last few months hardly anything from d-addicts will download. Nothing changed, it just stopped all of the sudden. Once in a blue moon it will work, but not for long. I've been trying to download three episodes for a few months, and hardly anything is done with them, when otherwise it would have taken me a few days, tops. I looked into the log and I got this:

(http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce): Timeout while contacting server.
[4.22.1 2007-01-16 02:44:42] INFO : announce: 4.74920852866e-006
[4.22.1 2007-01-16 02:45:12] WARNING : Problem connecting to tracker

*confused*

hoalan

Post by hoalan » Jan 18th, '07, 00:34

groink:

Thank you very much for your help. Now I know the joy of downloading while away from home or sleeping.

---hoalan

amulet

Post by amulet » Jan 20th, '07, 21:55

Hi everyone , plz help me . I haven't used Bitcomet for a while - about 6 month but I didn't have any problem using it cause I read all the FAQ available . But now I want to download Hana Yori Dango 2 but I can't connect to the tracker , It always appears like that :
http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce - tracker connection error : 3

Anyone knows what problem I have and solution plz tell me . Thank you very very much !!! :salut:

viet_la_amour

Post by viet_la_amour » Jan 25th, '07, 04:19

Wow, it seems like everyone using bitcomet seemsto have the "Tracker Connection Error: 3". I'm currently experiencing the same problem. I really don't want to switch to a different torrent program, because bitcomet is so easy to operate. But it seems like this problem is not going to be solved!! >___<

[kiio]

TRACKER

Post by [kiio] » Jan 27th, '07, 04:42

My download torrent seems to be go wrong cause it does not start to download. I click on trackers of the torrent and stated 'http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce' has tracker connection error:3. Can anyone tell what is the cause and the solving?

jujucheah

Bit Comet Error

Post by jujucheah » Feb 11th, '07, 18:04

Hi, how do I use soft sub along with my bit comet RAW file? Please help me.. Thanks a buinch!

clrdan

Post by clrdan » Feb 15th, '07, 03:14

maybe the service of tracker is dead, need to be restarted by tracker Admin.. @_@
does tracker support https or udp protocol ?

ap

upload page

Post by ap » Feb 23rd, '07, 04:24

has the upload page gone 'poof' again?

ap :-(

ap

Post by ap » Mar 5th, '07, 01:54

something is wrong with the torrent upload page. once the page is submitted, the process hangs and dosen't complete. :-(

ap

Bu

Post by Bu » Mar 5th, '07, 03:52

I get the same problem. =(

Bu

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Mar 5th, '07, 06:53

ap wrote:something is wrong with the torrent upload page. once the page is submitted, the process hangs and dosen't complete. :-(

ap
fixed.

ap

Post by ap » Mar 5th, '07, 22:01

ap

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » May 25th, '07, 17:18

ap wrote:something is wrong with the torrent upload page. once the page is submitted, the process hangs and dosen't complete. :-(

ap
I'm getting a similar error as ap is. It spits out the exception below.

Upload failed. Reason: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Server connection failure during transaction. Due to underlying exception: 'java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out'. ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:151) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:280) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1895) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.(Connection.java:437) at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:268) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(DriverManagerDataSource.java:291) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(DriverManagerDataSource.java:277) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnectionFromDriverManager(DriverManagerDataSource.java:259) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource.getConnection(DriverManagerDataSource.java:241) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.doGetConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:111) at org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:77) at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:463) at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:529) at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:554) at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:595) at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:114) at org.springframework.jdbc.object.SqlQuery.execute(SqlQuery.java:124) at com.daddicts.dao.UserDAOJdbcImpl.getUser(UserDAOJdbcImpl.java:44) at com.daddicts.bo.UserBOImpl.authenticate(UserBOImpl.java:38) at com.daddicts.web.UploadFormController.onSubmit(UploadFormController.java:68) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleFormController.processFormSubmission(SimpleFormController.java:258) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractFormController.handleRequestInternal(AbstractFormController.java:249) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:45) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:792) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:726) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:396) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:360) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:868) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:663) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ** END NESTED EXCEPTION ** Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

Keyaki

Post by Keyaki » May 25th, '07, 18:21

I too am experiencing amrayu's problem.

Keyaki

Post by Keyaki » May 26th, '07, 01:00

Thanks, it's fixed now! :-)

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jun 5th, '07, 18:53

Another error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.multipart.MultipartException: Could not parse multipart servlet request; nested exception is org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out
org.springframework.web.multipart.commons.CommonsMultipartResolver.resolveMultipart(CommonsMultipartResolver.java:126)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.checkMultipart(DispatcherServlet.java:897)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:769)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:726)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:396)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:360)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.12 logs.

>_<

tena_79

Rejected by tracker

Post by tena_79 » Jun 11th, '07, 13:36

What does the error message "Rejected by tracker - Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" mean?Because I'm having this problem where my download is at 97.3% so I'm unable to finish it.Please tell me how to solve this problem? I'm downloading Full House using the torrent "[KBS].Full.House.09_(2004-8-11).-.LYON.avi".

ap

Post by ap » Jun 12th, '07, 04:41

the upload page needs to be kicked again. when you submit the page it just hangs.

:-(

ap

doramafreak

Post by doramafreak » Jun 12th, '07, 19:04

I think ap is right and there may be an issue with the tracker - I see the next episode of Wonderful Life has been released at SARS, but it is not appearing on the tracker. In fact there has been nothing new on the tracker for at least 15-16 hours (which is unusual given the volume of new torrents). Perhaps there is a tech issue?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Jun 12th, '07, 19:35

tena_79 wrote:What does the error message "Rejected by tracker - Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" mean?Because I'm having this problem where my download is at 97.3% so I'm unable to finish it.Please tell me how to solve this problem? I'm downloading Full House using the torrent "[KBS].Full.House.09_(2004-8-11).-.LYON.avi".
Licensed dramas were removed a while back and Full House was one of them. Please refer to this thread: Licensed Dramas To Be Removed
ap wrote:the upload page needs to be kicked again. when you submit the page it just hangs.ap
I've contacted Ruroshin about it, so it will hopefully be fixed soon.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jun 12th, '07, 20:31

Yes, upload page is not working... I've been trying to upload something for the past couple hours. :salut:

tena_79

Post by tena_79 » Jun 13th, '07, 05:31

gryzze wrote:
tena_79 wrote:What does the error message "Rejected by tracker - Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker" mean?Because I'm having this problem where my download is at 97.3% so I'm unable to finish it.Please tell me how to solve this problem? I'm downloading Full House using the torrent "[KBS].Full.House.09_(2004-8-11).-.LYON.avi".
Licensed dramas were removed a while back and Full House was one of them. Please refer to this thread: Licensed Dramas To Be Removed
Oh I see,thanks for the explanation. :-)

Nekolux

Post by Nekolux » Jun 30th, '07, 06:26

i've been having trouble downloading the past hour im looking at utorrent and all it says is ' tracker offline ' need help please :goggle:

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jun 30th, '07, 06:44

Nekolux wrote:i've been having trouble downloading the past hour im looking at utorrent and all it says is ' tracker offline ' need help please :goggle:
Hm...I'm currently connected to the tracker with 10 different torrents. Is your internet being overloaded? I know if my internet is going all out to upload something, I have problems connecting to the tracker.

Nekolux

Post by Nekolux » Jun 30th, '07, 15:40

Hmmm it seems to be a problem my linksys router has with utorrent , i reset the router and modem and its fine now :lol

gilithramaloce

Post by gilithramaloce » Sep 11th, '07, 20:45

I haven't read through all 33 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has been already asked.

I have a couple of problems actually. The problem that relates to this thread is that I have an almost constant "connection closed by peer." I have tried both ports and bittorent config (I think I did it right) and neither worked. I use utorrent on a Windows Vista system, and I'm have a cable/dsl connection through my school network. As a side note, I'm unable to download torrents themselves from the website, again, I went through the instructions and have yet to get it to work. Anyone have any idea??

ap

Post by ap » Sep 14th, '07, 21:24

looks like the upload page has gone south again, some needs to kick it again. :glare:

ap

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 14th, '07, 22:26

gilithramaloce wrote:I haven't read through all 33 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has been already asked.

I have a couple of problems actually. The problem that relates to this thread is that I have an almost constant "connection closed by peer." I have tried both ports and bittorent config (I think I did it right) and neither worked. I use utorrent on a Windows Vista system, and I'm have a cable/dsl connection through my school network. As a side note, I'm unable to download torrents themselves from the website, again, I went through the instructions and have yet to get it to work. Anyone have any idea??
First are you using Peer Guardian? Because I know that program blacklist D-Addicts' torrent tracker. What color is the little status on the bottom of your utorrent? If it's red, click on it and test if see that port # is forwarding for you. If not, then you nicely go ask your system admin at your school and set the router to forward the port # forward to your computer's IP address. When he/she ask you why, don't tell him/her that you want it open for bittorrent transfer. If you do, he/she will just ignore you.

chunkie munkie

BitTorrent trouble.....

Post by chunkie munkie » Sep 25th, '07, 13:00

I'm trying to get the eps 16-18 of Wing Chun to download, but it keeps saying that there's a tracker error:
Error: Can not understand Tracker Protocol. in Tracker: http://gdbt.3322.org:6969/announce
And when I look at the transfer note, it says they have all been stopped b/c it "cannot understand tracker protocol."

Is there anything I can do??

YamashitaTaiki

Post by YamashitaTaiki » Oct 7th, '07, 00:14

Hey there, I hope this is the right place to ask. I've made a new account today and upped the torrent "tokyo friend park2 (kurosaki).avi". But somehow my account got lost and the torrent thread also. So I made a new account again with the same name and when I tried to up the torrent again, it says this torrent already exists. But I can't find the torrent if I search for it in the torrent section. What do I do?

Btw, the torrent is working fine, I'm still seeding and people are leeching. Only the thread disappeared.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 7th, '07, 07:51

YamashitaTaiki wrote:Hey there, I hope this is the right place to ask. I've made a new account today and upped the torrent "tokyo friend park2 (kurosaki).avi". But somehow my account got lost and the torrent thread also. So I made a new account again with the same name and when I tried to up the torrent again, it says this torrent already exists. But I can't find the torrent if I search for it in the torrent section. What do I do?

Btw, the torrent is working fine, I'm still seeding and people are leeching. Only the thread disappeared.
Yes there was a problem with the server, I had to revert to a prior backup so some data was lost. The tracker is on a separate server though so things got out of sync. I have removed the tokyo friend park2 torrent from the tracker so you should be able to reupload it again.

YamashitaTaiki

Post by YamashitaTaiki » Oct 7th, '07, 08:15

Ruroshin wrote:Yes there was a problem with the server, I had to revert to a prior backup so some data was lost. The tracker is on a separate server though so things got out of sync. I have removed the tokyo friend park2 torrent from the tracker so you should be able to reupload it again.
Thx for your efforts, Ruroshin. Now the torrent says that the tracker is offline. The few people connected are leeching without the tracker, but when I try to up it again, it still says "Upload failed. Reason: Unable to add torrent 'tokyo friend park2 (kurosaki).avi.torrent' because it already exists." I have no idea what to do now. X_x

groink

Post by groink » Oct 7th, '07, 08:18

YamashitaTaiki wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:Yes there was a problem with the server, I had to revert to a prior backup so some data was lost. The tracker is on a separate server though so things got out of sync. I have removed the tokyo friend park2 torrent from the tracker so you should be able to reupload it again.
Thx for your efforts, Ruroshin. Now the torrent says that the tracker is offline. The few people connected are leeching without the tracker, but when I try to up it again, it still says "Upload failed. Reason: Unable to add torrent 'tokyo friend park2 (kurosaki).avi.torrent' because it already exists." I have no idea what to do now. X_x
Rename your torrent file.

--- groink

YamashitaTaiki

Post by YamashitaTaiki » Oct 7th, '07, 08:31

groink wrote:Rename your torrent file.

--- groink
You mean creating a new torrent file with a different name and upping it to the tracker? Then I'd have two different torrents, right? Ok, then I'll seed the other one to the end while I'm seeding the new one as well.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 7th, '07, 08:35

YamashitaTaiki wrote:
groink wrote:Rename your torrent file.

--- groink
You mean creating a new torrent file with a different name and upping it to the tracker? Then I'd have two different torrents, right? Ok, then I'll seed the other one to the end while I'm seeding the new one as well.
No, just rename the torrent file itself. The tracker's code checks only the physical filename - as it uses this to store the torrent file on the server end.

Ex:
Drama_Name-ep01[groink].torrent
can be renamed to:
Drama_Name-ep01v2[groink].torrent

I have to do this once in awhile. Once I upload the rename torrent file, I tell Ruroshin to kill the earlier file. If you, however, create a brand new torrent file, then the info hash changes. If you already have an existing comments thread with the previous info hash, then D-Addicts would then create a new comments thread.

--- groink

YamashitaTaiki

Post by YamashitaTaiki » Oct 7th, '07, 08:52

It worked! Now I have a comments thread. Thank you very much, groink! Thx for the explanation too, I didn't know about that, since it's the first time I've created a torrent. ^_^

aruwin

Post by aruwin » Oct 10th, '07, 08:30

Sorry if this was asked before but there's an error when trying to upload.

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

How to solve this??

rjbennett

Connection to some trackers but not to others

Post by rjbennett » Oct 22nd, '07, 10:49

When I try to download the Japanese series of the week, "Akimahende," BitTorrent indicates "connecting," but it never connects. If I try to download the Korean or Chinese series of the week, the connection is immediate and the download starts right away. One person in another forum told me he can connect and download "Akimahende" with no problem. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Bodhi

No new shows since Saturday?

Post by Bodhi » Oct 22nd, '07, 20:32

The last upload I can see in the tracker is jdrama Dream Again ep02 (704x396 DivX6) RAW Download 12 530.00 209 76 4357 gryzze 07-10-20

It's not just me is it?

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 22nd, '07, 20:45

I believe the Tracker Server is being MOVEd at the moment... Which explains that.

More Info:
Click Here

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » Oct 22nd, '07, 20:48

Thanks SacredCultivator, I looked all around for a topic about this before posting here. I saw that the tracker was being moved but thought I wouldn't be able to download and that works fine. Thanks again for the info.

raya

Post by raya » Oct 24th, '07, 08:41

I am having trouble accessing d-addicts and the torrent page for a couple of days now. Whenever I try to download a torrent, all I get is a

You are not logged in. Click here to login.
BNBT File Info

Generated in 0.000 seconds.

Help anyone?

Thanks.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SacredCultivator » Oct 24th, '07, 15:03

@raya: Hmm's did you click on 'Download' next to the Torrent name opposed to 'Show Peer Stats'? As I know when I click on 'Show Peer Stats' when I click on the Torrent Name, but when I click on 'Download' it works fine for me.

raya

Post by raya » Oct 24th, '07, 15:11

The download link is blocked here in the UAE. The only way I can download the file is through 'show peer stats'. Anyway, I tried groink's advice (which I got from another thread) -clicking on the link in the announce box- and it worked.

Thanks anyway. :D

pu33

Post by pu33 » Oct 24th, '07, 17:36

please tell me raya how to click on the link in the announce box?or which thread that teach you how to download through show peer stats

raya

Post by raya » Oct 25th, '07, 07:40

Copy the address to another window. That should work.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 25th, '07, 10:20

raya wrote:I am having trouble accessing d-addicts and the torrent page for a couple of days now. Whenever I try to download a torrent, all I get is a

You are not logged in. Click here to login.
BNBT File Info

Generated in 0.000 seconds.

Help anyone?

Thanks.
This should now be fixed.

Please post any other problems with the tracker here after the next day since that should be sufficient time for the tracker new DNS information to be updated.

raya

Post by raya » Oct 25th, '07, 13:40

It's working now. Thanks Ruroshin! :D

jfsso

Post by jfsso » Oct 27th, '07, 05:29

I'm having troubles with the tracker for 2-3 days.

For any torrent I try to download it shows this message:
Failure reason "requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker"

I'm using:
rTorrent 0.7.6 - libTorrent 0.11.6

I read an announcement message telling the tracker was moving and so I checked the IP address of the .net domain which seems to be altright:
d-addicts.net has address 89.149.226.119

jfsso

Post by jfsso » Oct 27th, '07, 05:45

Problem solved.
Looks like there is some dns chache thing.. and closing and opening rtorrent again solved it.

ladyxenax

Post by ladyxenax » Nov 1st, '07, 08:35

Hi! I'd appreciate if someone tells me what's wrong.

I'm using uTorrent 1.7.5 and up to a couple of weeks ago everything was fine. Then downloads have gotten really slow and even for most of the time they were inactive. Even if torrent were with lots of seeds my client couldn't connect with any of them at all.

I doubt that I have problems with my Internet provider, because I can download torrents from jpopsuki quite ok.

I've checked all the options and everything seems to be ok as well. But problem remains.

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Nov 1st, '07, 12:39

Having some issues myself the past 2 days.

11/01/07 08:31:12 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:31:33 - Scraping...
11/01/07 08:31:54 - Can't get data from tracker
11/01/07 08:31:56 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:32:33 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:33:54 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:35:15 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:35:27 - Scraping...
11/01/07 08:35:48 - Can't get data from tracker
11/01/07 08:35:49 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')
11/01/07 08:36:36 - Problem connecting to tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out')

nampyon

More attacks?

Post by nampyon » Nov 3rd, '07, 05:44

I am having a lot of trouble keeping the tracker and website in view. Someone is poisoning the routes on my Alltel-connected machine, and a machine on another network is being hammered mercilessly by (apparently) thousands of hosts on its BT UDP port even though there seem to be less than a hundred hosts involved in the torrent I am working there. This really kills its up and down speeds since it spends more time looking at the bogus UDP traffic than it does handling good data.

My data discard rate is also way up.

After the Alltel-connected machine has been up for a while, it loses the ability to see the tracker and I get a "no route to destination network" (from tracert) when trying to get to the website or the tracker. It takes a reboot to clear it and that only holds for a litle while.

Someone seems to be unhappy with us.

ap

tracker off line?

Post by ap » Dec 6th, '07, 05:06

the tracker seems to be offline. i can't get any torrents from 2 different connections
:-(

ap

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Dec 6th, '07, 05:10

The tracker is offline for me as well.
I get an "Offline (Timed Out)" in UTorrent and a "The connection has timed out. The server at d-addicts.net is taking too long to respond" when I try to download a .torrent file from the site.

edit: Works for me now :-)

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Dec 6th, '07, 06:42

Still can't upload a new torrent on d-addicts.net:8080.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Dec 7th, '07, 01:03

sorry for the slow response. seems to be working fine now.

orangedangila

Post by orangedangila » Dec 22nd, '07, 05:38

i haven't been able to connect to d-addicts for a week or more... i thought it was because of the sbcglobal but people in the sbcglobal said it is not because of the sbcglobal... i did.. tracert d-addicts.com..

and i got this one..

Tracing route to d-addicts.com [89.149.244.109]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 13 ms 10 ms 17 ms 76.44.152.1
2 24 ms 19 ms 27 ms GIG2-2.lnclne04-rtr1.neb.rr.com [24.169.240.197]

3 20 ms 14 ms 20 ms SRP7-0.lnclne00-rtr1.neb.rr.com [24.169.240.161]

4 45 ms 46 ms 42 ms so5-0-3.cgchill3-rtr1.kc.rr.com [24.94.160.70]
5 47 ms 48 ms 53 ms so-3-1-0.kscymol3-rtr1.kc.rr.com [24.94.160.162]

6 44 ms 42 ms 46 ms ge-5-1-203.hsa1.StLouis1.Level3.net [4.79.132.13
]
7 46 ms 46 ms 54 ms ae-11-11.car2.StLouis1.Level3.net [4.69.132.186]

8 48 ms 59 ms 56 ms ae-4-4.ebr2.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.69.132.190]
9 46 ms 48 ms 40 ms ae-23-54.car3.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.68.101.103]

10 52 ms 52 ms 44 ms glbx-level3-te.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.68.110.194
]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

can anyone helpp mee???

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 24th, '07, 19:12

orangedangila wrote:i haven't been able to connect to d-addicts for a week or more... i thought it was because of the sbcglobal but people in the sbcglobal said it is not because of the sbcglobal... i did.. tracert d-addicts.com..
looks like a few of you are having the same issue :unsure:
i'm not in networking or IT, but let's try and work on it in this thread:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56401.htm

nampyon

Tracker Status

Post by nampyon » Jan 30th, '08, 01:00

Are you under attack again? I've been getting tracker timeouts all day. My ISP is not blocking anything - I can get to other trackers and leach and seed at will on any other torrent I've tried today.

What is the tracker's IP? It is resolving as 89.149.226.119. Is that correct?

There seems to be a problem with your nameservers as well. When I resolve through my own DNS I get this:

d-addicts.net. 13989 IN NS ns1.d-addicts.com.
d-addicts.net. 13989 IN NS ns2.d-addicts.com.

(Mine is just a forwarder, I am using my ISP's DNS servers to resolve)

When I resolve through another nameserver outside my ISP's network I get this:

d-addicts.net. 86400 IN NS ns1.addicts-seikai.net.
d-addicts.net. 86400 IN NS ns2.addicts-seikai.net.

Neither of the first two servers respond to queries. Since they are authoritative from my DNS server's POV, I am not getting name resolution.

So, something is amiss with the two nameservers as well as the tracker in the 89.149.0.0 network.

Denial of service attack, perhaps?

groink

Re: Tracker Status

Post by groink » Jan 30th, '08, 02:58

nampyon wrote:d-addicts.net. 86400 IN NS ns1.addicts-seikai.net.
d-addicts.net. 86400 IN NS ns2.addicts-seikai.net.
These are the correct results. I use Open DNS, and I think many others should do the same. Open DNS gives me those same results. Tracker's working fine for me. When I use nslookup and set the server to 72.232.242.187, everything resolves (d-addicts.com, d-addicts.net, www.d-addicts.com, etc.) It is possible that maybe your forwarding DNS isn't TTL'ing correctly.

--- groink