RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
kmovies

Post by kmovies » Jan 6th, '05, 22:34

Other dramas not mentioned, but worth watching:

All In
Bodyguard
Autumn In My Heart
Staiway To Heaven
The Nine Tailed Fox
Something Happened In Bali

apples

Post by apples » Jan 7th, '05, 08:21

full house, sweet 18 and my love patzzi..

kikari

Post by kikari » Jan 7th, '05, 17:27

I would definitely root for Full House like the others

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jan 10th, '05, 05:46

I see that a lot of people keep mentioning "Damo". I just finished watching that and I loved it! But does anyone know of any more dramas similar to that one that would be good to watch, or any others featuring the actress who played the lead? :-)

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jan 10th, '05, 07:13

JadedAngel wrote:I see that a lot of people keep mentioning "Damo". I just finished watching that and I loved it! But does anyone know of any more dramas similar to that one that would be good to watch, or any others featuring the actress who played the lead? :-)
Ha Ji-won was in What Happened in Bali as well as several movies like Sex is Zero, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, Ditto, Reversal of Fortune, amongst others. I'm not sure if this is a complete listing, but it has many of her movies.

HJW is one of my favorite actresses too... :wub: Been watching WHIB so far and loving it!

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Jan 10th, '05, 07:48

DarReNz wrote:just wondering if anyone knows of other action korean series ? Thanks.
Besides which ones? Damo? Gumiho? I just recently found out about Hae Shin (God of Sea) from Touya (sort of). It looks to be a historical wuxia-ish drama. And well, from what I found, it's already up to episode 12 (not sure how many there are) but.... there's no english subs (none that I can find anyways).

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jan 12th, '05, 04:54

iceberri wrote:
JadedAngel wrote:I see that a lot of people keep mentioning "Damo". I just finished watching that and I loved it! But does anyone know of any more dramas similar to that one that would be good to watch, or any others featuring the actress who played the lead? :-)
Ha Ji-won was in What Happened in Bali as well as several movies like Sex is Zero, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, Ditto, Reversal of Fortune, amongst others. I'm not sure if this is a complete listing, but it has many of her movies.

HJW is one of my favorite actresses too... :wub: Been watching WHIB so far and loving it!
Thanks! I've been sort of on a HJW kick lately, wanting to watch everything that she is in! But can you tell me what "What Happened in Bali" is about? I've been trying to find the synopsis for it, seeing whether it would be something I would like to watch. :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 13th, '05, 04:18

One excellent new series which has recently been completed with English subs is I'm Sorry, I Love You. It's highly-recommended! In addition to that, there's also Ireland, Damo & Full House, three great series which are relatively new as well. I'd also recommend all the Drama City Best dramas, if you don't mind hour-long stories. You can find the torrents right here on D-Addicts, just search for the titles.

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Jan 13th, '05, 20:32

My list of must watched Kdrama (pretty limited since I have not watched alot)

1)Beautiful days
2)Season Triology (Autumn Tale, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent - the last one is pretty bad so you can skip it hehe)
3)All About Eve

apples

Post by apples » Jan 13th, '05, 21:18

from what i've watched so far:

damo
-this drama is sad from beginning to end. it's not the irritating kind of sad, but i loved that kind of sadness. it's not like any other melodrama that intentionally makes it sad so the audience would cry.

if korean dramas focuses so much on love, i've never seen love portrayed as deep, genuine and real as DAMO have.

of all the kdramas i've seen, this is a MUST SEE!

to help one convince how good it is, just check out the discussion thread and the different reviews (might contain spoilers): discussion, review by iceberri at wikidrama, and review by il-mare

Dae Jang-Geum
I love period dramas! That was the main reason why I checked this one out. Although it's 54 episodes, I can't recall it dragging. Actually, it's quite addicting! Especially the food preparations. Each scene serves a purpose, and that keeps the audience stick to the show throughout the 54 hours. Unlike most kdramas, this one doesn't only focus on romantic love. It touches other important things in the world: honor, friendships, justice, loyalty, etc. plus it touches a bit on history, that's why it makes this drama worthwhile.

what happened in bali
-i have to admit it was mostly because of Ha Ji WOn and Jo In-Sung that i lasted throughout most of the drama. the story was somewhat intriguing because nothing seems to be going on and i kept on wondering how it will end. every episode, i kept on hoping "Something" will happen. Actually to first-time viewers, it may seems that 99.5% of the drama was pointless, until one sees the last 0.5% of it (half of episode 20). That small portion explains that the rest of the drama had a purpose afterall. One would either despise it for its ending, but in my case, it was the ending that made me love this drama.

beautiful days
-my first ever kdrama, and it has always been my favorite. the leads (LEE BYUNG HUN and CHOI JI WOO) are enough reason for one to check it out.

sweet 18
-hilarious and uber sweet. guys will find Han Ji Hye lovable and gals will fall head over heels for Lee Dong Gun. actually, this is the only drama so far that I love every character, even if they are the "villains." actually, i prefer this one over full house because of the characters' personalities.

full house
-light-hearted comedy with a touch of romance plus some gorgeous performers.

delightful girl choon-hyang
-someone in a thread here said that the title should've been "moong-ryong" instead of choon-hyang. it's sort of a mixture of full house and sweet 18. however after episode 5 or 6, it no longer shadows those two big hits. it will make you laugh and maybe cry (well, i almost did whenever i see the pain in mong-ryong's face and eyes).

snow white
-another romantic comedy. i love the confessions on this one. although they exagerate too much on young-hee's physical appearance in the first few episodes, i can tolerate that. maybe i loved this one because she ended up with the guy i was rooting for.

Successful Story of a Bright Girl
- i watched this because of Jang Hyuk. I didn't really like Jang Nara, but it's quite funny.

Wonderful Life
-Jeong Da Bin (Shin-Bi). the kid is so adorable!!!!! :wub: This is the only drama that I watched without subtitles and it's totally worthwhile. Maybe it's even more interesting with subs. I'll wait till it's completed and watch it all over again.
Last edited by apples on Jun 23rd, '05, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.

lorkhan83

My Favourite Dramas

Post by lorkhan83 » Jan 13th, '05, 23:45

Hi... this is my 1st post... I've so far only watched Korean Dramas and so far have enjoyed quite a few...

My favourites so far are:
1) All In
2) Love Letter
3) Storm
4) Punch
5) Romance (coz there's Kim Ha-neul and I might in future also put in my top 5 Stained Glass)

:D

il_mare

Post by il_mare » Jan 17th, '05, 06:57

JadedAngel wrote:
iceberri wrote:

Thanks! I've been sort of on a HJW kick lately, wanting to watch everything that she is in! But can you tell me what "What Happened in Bali" is about? I've been trying to find the synopsis for it, seeing whether it would be something I would like to watch. :D
I did a synopsis here....

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=457

isuzu

Post by isuzu » Jan 17th, '05, 07:26

Tearjerkers:

Stairway to Heaven- soooo good. sometimes i don't understand why the characters act the way they do, but it is still so goood. Great actors and actresses, great story, great everything. Really really sad. So sad that my heart starts to ache. seriously.

Autumn Tale- beautiful movie. Cinematography is great, and the actors are HOT. The actresses are really pretty too. Good story,, and has a great balance. Never over the top, but subtle. I don't think that really explains it, but just watch it. It's a must see.

I'm sorry I love you- not really a tearjerker, but still really sad and serious and deals with a lot of heavy stuff. Very good show.

Beautiful days- also not really a tearjerker, but still kind of serious. I haven't seen this in a while, but i know I enjoyed it.

Funny:

Full House- Everyone is so pretty. Really funny and the chemistry between the two lead characters is undeniable. Every episode is as good as the last.

Sweet 18- so cute. I love the lead characters and i can't wait to see them in My boyfreind is typ b.

don't-know-where-to-put-it-genre

Ruler of your own world- I'm currently watching this one, and it is actually really good. At first i didn't want to watch it, because the characters were not exactly attractive, but once you start watching it, you start to love them. This drama is so different. They deal with serious issues in a sort of lighthearted way. idonno. I enjoyed it. It's something fresh and different

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Jan 18th, '05, 06:17

Oh Pil Seung - pretty funny stuff.

Liked secretary better than Chae Rim. more feminine. butch asian women do nothing for me. political correctness to go out the window...Sweet, feminine and submissive. The way it should be.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jan 18th, '05, 06:55

i actually liked summer scent... although the ending did stink... i like it more prob b/c i luv son ye jin....

Fav Dramas:
Oh! Pil- Seung and Bong Soon Young- very funny and great drama... this is my fav... I actually like the secretary more than chae rim in this one but both of them r awesome
Phoenix- Had a very nice ending
Full House- Great funny drama thats good till the end.
Lover in Paris- This one has a decent storyline and just lovable lead characters
Stairway to Heaven- I luv the first 2 episodes, and the is good too

Worst:
Hearts in Bali- Worst drama ive seen... very dark and HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ENDING... in my opinion

Fav OST:
Stairway to Heaven- Every single song is a classic and great
Summer Scent- Great songs even though ppl hated the drama
Lover in paris- A lot of the songs are great and mellow

K3v|n

About Full House and Sweet 18

Post by K3v|n » Jan 18th, '05, 10:16

I'm not used to watch Korean series cuz I think they usually drag on and on. And then one day my friend told me to watch Full House, I watched eps 1 and I was like omg this series is cool, then I continued watching it to the end. IMHO, Full House is the best Korean series ever, I love it so much. Then I watched Sweet 18, it's nice too but it's like 8/10 compared to Full House 10/10. Now I'm watching Body Guard, very interesting.

Do u recommend any funny Korean series I should watch? Or any cool series is being released now? :wub:

cartermariano

Post by cartermariano » Jan 18th, '05, 10:25

You ain't see anything before you watch Romance :D

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Jan 18th, '05, 11:27

the very first memory I have of Romance
was when I was in China in 2001
and they repeatedly showed the Romance music video
on Television V
and I kept on thinking
"Holy Crap, that Babyfaced Flippy Hair Korean Boy sure is Cute!!!!"
Oh yeahhhhhh Kim Jae Won

drooooool

too bad I never got around to watching Romance. Man, I haven't even watched Kdramas until last month.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jan 18th, '05, 14:55

Romance is good, but it kind of drags towards the end. It doesn't drag on & on though, and I'd recommend watching it as well. If you're looking for series which hardly drag & have a good mix of humour & drama, then I'd recommend I'm Sorry, I Love You and Let's Go to School, Sangdoo. I suggest you read this thread as there are lots of recommendations & comments on various K-dramas by everyone.

mgco

Post by mgco » Jan 21st, '05, 09:24

Just started watching kdramas this year, and my favorites are Lovers In Paris and Sweet 18 -- ah, Lee Dong Gun! :) Haha. I'm currently watching Stained Glass. Can you tell I'm obsessed?

Having said that, what would you recommend? Something along the lines of those two?

Just curious: Is Success Story of a Bright Girl a tearjearker or a comedy? I absolutely love romantic tension, but I always need some sort of contrast, ala Lovers in Paris.

Thanks all! :)

moley

Post by moley » Jan 21st, '05, 23:49

I recommend I'm Sorry I Love You. I fell in love with this drama just watching the FIRST episode. Though it's a sad-romance story, it also has humor. It's not like most of those sappy ass Korean dramas. SJS & ISJ did such a great job in this drama. Go d/l and watch it now!

The OST rocks too. :)

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Jan 21st, '05, 23:51

I've just watched Damo and Full House. Both are not bad at all. Should check them out heh :P

Calisunshine

Post by Calisunshine » Jan 21st, '05, 23:57

Hi
You should check it out , Spring Day , it's a new drama, E-Sub only have to epsiode 2. More E-sub will be out soon.
What Happened In Bali , a good drama. Give it a try
Stairway To Heaven, also a good drama as well.
Love Story In Harvard , a another romance drama.
I hope this help
:D

nessa

Post by nessa » Jan 22nd, '05, 00:13

Favorite Dramas:
Stairway to Heaven
I'm Sorry I love you
Autumn Fairy Tale
Lovers In Harvard
Full House
+ some others lol.

And about Summer Scent, I love the cast but I thought it was kind of weird how they made a big deal about her having the heart and he didnt want to be with her, they could've stopped the movie long before but they kept on dragging it. It was okai tho.

I reallie wanna watch 1% with Kim Jung Hwa and Kang Dong Won but no one is subbing it T_T. I reallie wanna watch it becuase of KDW. lol

tin27™

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KOREAN DRAMAS

Post by tin27™ » Jan 22nd, '05, 11:07

jaycee05 wrote:Meteor Garden[/b]- this is the 1st drama i'd dl-ed from bittorrent...I like the 1st couple of eps...but bcoz I watched some kdramas midway, I began to see its flaws...so corny on a lot of scenes..but it's up to u, dont waste those hundred of hours u spent on dl-ing the episodes...
but dont expect it to be as good as full house or sang doo, those two dramas are like a million times better than MG..promise[/b]
lol! i wonder why a lot of people here in the philippines gone crazy over that MG craze last 2003 .. im not a fan of it and i agree with u jaycee05..
btw, d'you guys know where i can download Stairway To Heaven .. coz it was really a good korean soap :D i'd like to watch it over and over again! :D

jasmine

Post by jasmine » Jan 22nd, '05, 11:57

Ok so here's the whole history of how i fell in love w/ kdramas

Autumn Love Story- first kdrama i watched and fell in love w/ Song Seung Hun...so attractive :) The drama itself though, was interesting in the beginning and then was very very slow for the rest of the time. It's a sad drama, even though SSH and won bin were hot i just forwarded to the end after a while.

Beautiful Days- this one really got me interested in kdramas. Good plot, the whole rich guy can't express his love kinda thing is fun to watch. Very good cast. I think most will like this a lot. I know i did

Attic Cat- a fun and cute drama to watch. The girl is not pretty but she grows on you after a while

My Love Patzzi- a verryy cute drama, makes you feel good kinda thing. Jang Na Ra is really cute in this, not to mention both the actors are really cute as well. It's a lighthearted drama that will make everyone feel good in the end.

Romance- i loved this series. also a fun drama to watch

Stairways to Heaven- and of course Kwon Sang Woo is so hooooott!! But that's besides the point of why this drama is soo good. The leads in this series are great actors. childhood love that carries on to future kinda thing. Loved it!!

What happened in Bali- currently watching it. It's really anticipatory. Interesting plot, definitely a good drama and a must see. Great chemistry b/w the Jo In sung and Ha Ji won.

Full House-this is one of my favorite dramas. I love bi and song hye gyo in this. It's just hilarious and both the actors are great in it. MUST SEE!!

alvy

I got burned by Summer Scent, save me!

Post by alvy » Jan 23rd, '05, 07:06

Yes, Summer Scent was my first attempt to watch kdrama, and it more or lessed turned me off the whole scene. :glare:

I think I watched it up until episode 17, but then I erased it in a fit of passionate frustration. It started somewhat interesting and the park sequences are nice, but then it just drags on and goes downhill terribly, in my humble opinion. It seems they really had to work much too hard to stretch it out through the last ten episodes or so. :x

I've tried a few other loose episodes of other series since, but nothing really managed to catch my interest. But, there are so many kdrama fans here that I refuse to believe that I'm not just missing something.

So, tell me, if you only have one chance to direct me to a kdrama that will cure me of my phobia, which one would it be? :-)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Jan 23rd, '05, 07:13

In no particular rank, my favorites are:

Popcorn - nice simple love story. Hopefully, one day it will have english subs so everyone can watch it.

Bright Girl's Success Story - Double Jang! Both leading actors have great chemistry that made this drama such a fun one to watch.

Romance - A lovely and believable drama between a teacher and a student. Great OST too.

Hotelier - BYJ at his best. I loved him in this one. Who knew a series about a hotel could be so interesting? :lol

Thousand Years of Love - Loved this drama at first sight. I love that it takes place in an ancient time setting and in present day. So Ji Seub, Sung Yuri, and Kim Nam Jin have great chemistry. I really enjoyed this love triangle, haven't finished it yet, but I really wish the princess to be with kim nam jin. Too bad it's only 20 episodes.
Last edited by Kai Lien on Jan 23rd, '05, 07:39, edited 2 times in total.

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Jan 23rd, '05, 07:15

I would recommend you watch All About Eve. Very entertaining and great chemistry between the main actor and actress. Great acting and good plot. You should give it a try if you never watched it.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: I got burned by Summer Scent, save me!

Post by Jannah » Jan 23rd, '05, 08:31

alvy wrote:So, tell me, if you only have one chance to direct me to a kdrama that will cure me of my phobia, which one would it be? :-)
Misa AKA I'm Sorry, I Love You. I've gotten a bunch of people hooked by the end of the first episode. :)

lil_vi3t_cupid

Post by lil_vi3t_cupid » Jan 23rd, '05, 11:01

My favorites:

-Stairway to heaven (like everyone else said its cliche but still good and touching)
-Love Story in Harvard ( kute plot and the law suit adds a lil spin to it)
-MISA (very very addictive, there it just something about it ^^ )
-Gumiho (not many people like this, but i love it~!!! Its a good change from the normal romance dramas)
-Sad sonata ( still airing but i really like it)

mgco

Post by mgco » Jan 23rd, '05, 15:03

Thanks everyone! :)

I'm seriously considering I'm Sorry I Love You...I hope I won't be disappointed! Everyone seems to like it!

Oh, and about my Bright Girl question: is it a sad one or a comedy? Just need to know!

Thanks again!

msweete6

Post by msweete6 » Jan 23rd, '05, 20:04

Winter Sonata is a must watch for everybody. I personally don't like sad dramas, but i really got sucked into this one. It was also my first k-drama, so it will always be one of my favs. I haven't watched it since the first time though, it's too heart wrenching lol I'm not ready for that again.

Oher favorites are Full House (haven't finished it yet, but it's really funny and cute), Attic Cat, and Sangdoo.
Ruler of Your Own World was good too, but not one of my favs.
The worst drama I've seen yet is Loving You. For some reason, I did not like it as much. It may have had something to do with the Eugene's acting, but overall it wasn't horrible.

From what I've heard mgco, bright girl is a comedy.

wellmin

Post by wellmin » Jan 24th, '05, 05:28

Here are my favorites:
Hotelier - [Episodes seen: 16 out of 20] The turmoil behind a failing 30 year old hotel. The main female lead is a a hotel floor manager. Her old love is the hotel's general manager. Her new love is an attorney from the States and unbeknownst to her, a corporate raider planning a takeover of the hotel. Well written and decent dialogue. If you don't like melodrama and you want believable characters, see this one.
Genres: Drama, Romance. Highly recommended.

Damo - [Episodes seen: 3 out of ?] Set in Ancient Korea, the main female lead is a damo, or tea servant in the local police bureau. She goes undercover to help catch a gang who has been making counterfeit coins. I ordered this one from Yesasia after seeing only 2 eps of the fansub version because I liked it so much.
Genres: Action (flying martial arts), Romance, some humor.

Dae Jang Geum - The title is also translated as Jewel in the Palace - [Episodes seen: 4 out of ?] Another series set in ancient Korea. The story of Jang-geum, who rises from the lower ranks to become the King's personal physician. Apparently this series was wildly popular in Korea and sparked a whole slew of 'royal cuisine' restaurants opening. I rented the first few episodes from the local video store and most of the Korean is way over my head. I've decided to get the subtitled set from Yesasia.
Genres: Drama, Romance.

The Yellow Handkerchief - [Episodes seen: 90 out of ?] - Classic Korean melodrama. Lots of tears and heartache. Decent acting. I don't want to give too much away but so much happens in this series that it's hard to sum up. It starts out with the main female lead being dumped by her fiance, who's in love with another woman. At first I found it difficult to follow the Korean, and I thought about waiting for the subtitled version, but I rented it from the local video store, and so I'm watching it now with my mom who translates for me. This one's quite long, it aired as a daily soap in Korea. Genres: Drama, Romance, some humor, mostly angst. Highly recommended if you like romantic angst.

Sweet 18 - [Episodes seen: all] - Cutesy romance about a high school girl who finds out she's been betrothed at birth to a man she's never seen. It's part coming of age story, part Cinderella wish fulfillment. Should appeal especially to the fourteen year old girls at heart. I liked it but it's not something I'd watch twice, or say, recommend to a male friend as a prime Korean television drama.
Genres: Romance, Drama, more humor than angst

Taeguki - [Movie] - Seen in the local theatres with English subtitles. The story of two brothers during the Korean War, and how it tears apart their lives. Pretty good for Korean cinema, but so-so when compared to the English war movies like Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, and Blackhawk Down.

Stay away from:
Love Story in Harvard- [Episodes seen: 2 out of ?] atrocious English. The main male lead is ok, but the English actors can't act, and the main female character is annoying.

Attic Cat- [Episodes seen: 10 out of ? ] annoying, irritating characters. When the characters aren't appealing, there isn't much you can do to hold my interest.

My Boss My Hero - [Movie] - Ordered this one on a whim from Yesasia because the plot sounded intriguing. Gangster dude is ordered by the head honcho to go back to highschool to get his diploma. He enters a private school where corruption is rampant. He gets involved and tries to straighten things out. However the execution was idiotic. Another copycat cinematic trash piece probably trying to ride on the coattails of the success of My Wife is a Gangster. Unexciting male lead who didn't hold my interest, lifeless female characters. Lots of pointless swearing that only a 15 year old would find funny, and not even a good fight scene to mitigate the boredom.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 24th, '05, 05:45

wellmin wrote: Attic Cat- [Episodes seen: 10 out of ? ] annoying, irritating characters. When the characters aren't appealing, there isn't much you can do to hold my interest.
hahaha...thank u, thank u..
ur not alone there pal
Whenever I hear..."watch attic cat...my first drama, and I loved it" kind of posts...
I get so puzzled because however I flipped the series, up and down, left and right...every second of it is one imaginary crack on my screen...the girl is too unlovable...

alvy

Post by alvy » Jan 24th, '05, 06:18

Hotelier sounds like something for me to start with. Thanks for the tips, everybody. :-)

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 24th, '05, 12:57

jaycee05 wrote:
wellmin wrote: Attic Cat- [Episodes seen: 10 out of ? ] annoying, irritating characters. When the characters aren't appealing, there isn't much you can do to hold my interest.
ur not alone there pal
Whenever I hear..."watch attic cat...my first drama, and I loved it" kind of posts...
I get so puzzled because however I flipped the series, up and down, left and right...every second of it is one imaginary crack on my screen...the girl is too unlovable...
haha, i feel the same way :lol

Must Watch:
I'm Sorry I love You
Saddest drama i have ever seen.
Highly recommended

Let's Go To School Sang-Doo
Half way Funny - Half way Sad. Sang Doo and His uncle are also very very funny :D.
Highly recommended

Stairway to Heaven
Doesn't the name already sound sad enough? Luckily Choi Ji woo acted really well in this drama.
Highly recommended

Full House
Funny, and the main female actor is hot :D

Ok Drama's:
My love Patzzi
A fun and funny drama, but some of the actors are really annoying and the ending was terrible!

STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!:
Winter Sonata
This is the most boring drama ever.
-Choi Ji Woo, a very boring actor. stands in 1 place all quite forever.
-Terrible Microphone man. In almost every episode it's normal to see the microphone drop athleast 1-10 times.
-At some moments you can even see the microphone man walking or his hand.
-The only thing i liked about this series was the OST.

Attic Cat
Stay away.. very boring.. not funny.
Last edited by MajidB on Jan 24th, '05, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jan 24th, '05, 13:05

jaycee05 wrote:
ur not alone there pal
But...but...Attic Cat was... my first drama ever...I loved it! :lol

But I, of course, can sympathize. :)

teng

Post by teng » Jan 24th, '05, 13:19

i recommend

sorry i love you
full house
lovers in paris

rival ( i think this is an old drama. )

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jan 28th, '05, 06:00

STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!:
Winter Sonata
-Terrible Microphone man. In almost every episode it's normal to see the microphone drop athleast 1-10 times.

At this point in time i totally agree with you... im forcing myself to watch the whole thing b/c my frend said it was better than summer scent... yet i wanted to watch each episode of summer scent at least... im on like episode 10 and it drags and is boring so far... and i feel sad for sang hyuk... hes been in love wit her all his life and all cho ji woo does is break his heart, but he never showed it till now... im actually glad he went crazy a bit... i would be too... i dono... ive seen stairway to heaven and winter sonata and i truly do not like cho ji woo as an actress thus far... and yessss ive seen a few microphones lol

whyza

Post by whyza » Jan 28th, '05, 14:36

have anyone watch dae jang geum - the great jang geum?
Attachments
dae jang geum
dae jang geum
daejanggeum_01.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 7846 times

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Jan 29th, '05, 03:25

i would definetly recommend Full House!! it is very cute and although ppl say that Bi and Song Hye Kyo won't look right together, the two made excellent performances even if---if they dont look really good together...it was a very enjoyable drama---if u guys wanna dl the mms:// links, go to soompi.com...PM me if u need help =]

density
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by density » Jan 29th, '05, 03:40

whyza wrote:have anyone watch dae jang geum - the great jang geum?
Of course i have :P Probably the best historical drama ive seen. I would recommend people to watch or keep watching Sad Sonata. :P

otcho

Post by otcho » Jan 30th, '05, 12:22

MajidB wrote:STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!:
Winter Sonata
how could you say that about this masterpiece?
i enjoyed every second of it, and was looking forward to what would happen and how it would happen! absolutely wonderful!
it could have been a 20hours-movie i would not have seen any difference since i watch 5 episodes in a row and i didnt feel bored even one blink of an eye.
imho the characters and the plot are extremely good, and so is the music and the scenary.
the performance of choi ji woo and bae yong-joon is really huge, the way they love each other is so strong and so beautiful.
from the early minutes of episode 1 to the latest second of episode 20, i felt so happy that such a good drama exists.
(for the microphone man, you can also see him in many other dramas, and it didnt bother me.)
perhaps you lack sensivity ~.~ j/k

by far my #1 drama

ogutsarah

Post by ogutsarah » Jan 30th, '05, 12:36

*My love pattzi - my all time favorite ...both guys are so cute my eyes never got off the screen.
*Endless love - I cried from the 1st cd until the very end. I used ice cubes to keep my eyes from being too swollen.
*All about Eve - I love chae rim the plastic girl!
*I'm Dating now (I think this is the title) - hilarious! with the plastic girl again...
*Attic Cat - hilarious!

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 30th, '05, 15:05

nikeg wrote:STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!:
Winter Sonata

At this point in time i totally agree with you... im forcing myself to watch the whole thing b/c my frend said it was better than summer scent... yet i wanted to watch each episode of summer scent at least... im on like episode 10 and it drags and is boring so far... and i feel sad for sang hyuk... hes been in love wit her all his life and all cho ji woo does is break his heart, but he never showed it till now... im actually glad he went crazy a bit... i would be too... i dono... ive seen stairway to heaven and winter sonata and i truly do not like cho ji woo as an actress thus far... and yessss ive seen a few microphones lol
Good to see somebody agrees with me. When i think about Winter Sonata it's just about Yujin going forward and back with Sang hyuk and Joon Sang. It's like 17 episodes for Yujin to figure out which one to go to :lol.

otcho wrote:
MajidB wrote:STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!:
Winter Sonata
how could you say that about this masterpiece?
i enjoyed every second of it, and was looking forward to what would happen and how it would happen! absolutely wonderful!
it could have been a 20hours-movie i would not have seen any difference since i watch 5 episodes in a row and i didnt feel bored even one blink of an eye.
imho the characters and the plot are extremely good, and so is the music and the scenary.
the performance of choi ji woo and bae yong-joon is really huge, the way they love each other is so strong and so beautiful.
from the early minutes of episode 1 to the latest second of episode 20, i felt so happy that such a good drama exists.
(for the microphone man, you can also see him in many other dramas, and it didnt bother me.)

by far my #1 drama
I admitt the story of winter sonata is a masterpiece. How joon sang and yujin loved, and how joon sang get's hit by a car and loses his memory. But the way they directed Winter Sonata was so boring...

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 31st, '05, 03:14

MajidB wrote: When i think about Winter Sonata it's just about Yujin going forward and back with Sang hyuk and Joon Sang. It's like 17 episodes for Yujin to figure out which one to go to :lol.
I don't hate Winter Sonata, but just like u said, it's one major volleyball match...and I dont like Yujin's character...She was very fun and exciting when she was little, but when she grew up...she's as good as mute...

otcho wrote: how could you say that about this masterpiece?
by far my #1 drama
among the rest of the season series, I think Winter Sonata is the best one(the only one which I'd actually finished)...but I dont think it's a masterpiece...Yujin's character is not that strong...the only one I'm impressed with is BYJ...the director wasted a lot of good scenes, because he/she wasnt able to deliver the climatic scenes effectively...the only scene that is forever etched in my head is the last 5 minutes or so...the one with BYJ's foot..haha..yujin and joon sang's love for each other is also a failure...I mean, if u compare theirs and the one with MH and EC(MiSa)~ they dont even come close...I read a review about WS, and the person was saying how everybody is stunned with CJW and BYJ's performances, they even thought that they were going out in real life because of their on-screen chemistry :unsure: ...I said wha??where?? did I miss anything?
I tried watching it again with my friend, but I found out that it is such an impossible ordeal for me...
It's not about lacking sensitivity, coz I did managed a crying fit on the last episode...and if you are amazed with someone saying "STAY AWAY" from such a masterpiece, think about the surprise I got when u said "i watch 5 episodes in a row and i didnt feel bored even one blink of an eye"
that's pretty impressive :-) hehe
bottom line is, we perceive each drama differently...
different tastes, different connections to the story line...
and sometimes, no matter how good the story line is, if I couldnt stomach the actor...well, wat can I do? torture myself and waste my time with something I dont like :unsure:
I'd rather have my 8 hours of sleep, thank u very much :mrgreen:

najah_82

MINE WOULD BE..!!!

Post by najah_82 » Feb 1st, '05, 06:36

k drama
1)damo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
2)lovers in paris :lol :cry: :wub: :w00t:
3)jewel in palace :O :O
4)all in :cry: :roll
5)stairway to heaven :cry: :cry: :cry:
6)sang-doo let's go to school :w00t: :D :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
7)glass slipper
8)my wife is 18 :w00t: :lol
9)full house :wub: :wub: :w00t: :w00t:

k movie
1)il mare :cry: :cry: :cry:
2)windstruck :cry: :cry: :cry:
3)my sassy girl :cry: :unsure:
4)my little bride :w00t: :lol :w00t:
5) the classic
6)marrying a mafia :roll :roll
7)my wife is gangster
8)he so cool

kona99

Post by kona99 » Feb 1st, '05, 11:31

my recommendations are

A+ extremely well-done
-Sandglass (1995)
-Hotelier (2001)
-Damo (2003)

A great
-All about Eve (2000)
-Attic Cat (2003)
-What happened in Bali (2004)
-I'm Sorry, I Love You (2004)

A- really good, but not totally
-Star in My Heart (1997)
-Silk Flower (2001)
-Success Story of a Bright Girl (2002)
-Dating Now (2002)
-All In (2003)
-Sangdoo, Let's go to school (2003)
-Nine-tailed Fox Tale (2004)

B+ there are flaws, but still good
-Winter Sonata (2002)
-To Shoot a Star (2002)
-Romance (2002)
-My Love Patzzi (2002)
-Full House (2004)
Last edited by kona99 on Feb 6th, '05, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

ne0o

Post by ne0o » Feb 1st, '05, 12:30

everybody hould check out full house its really really good, i love it. bi anh the girl actor is really good 2gether..

stay away form sweet 18. i really hate it, the female acterress really annoy me don't know why som many people like it, maybe i hate it because i watch it right after full house and compared them, its kinda unfair coz notthing can match full house!! watch it!!
had to stop after 3 eps of sweet 18.. could handle it.....

ne0o< the chosen one!

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Feb 6th, '05, 01:48

in no order:
-nae sarang patji (my love patzi)
-stairway to heaven
-gumiho wajeon (nine-tailed fox)
-damo
-sweet 18
-mianhanda saranghada (i'm sorry i love you)
-happy together
-romance
-attic cat

doodoo12345

Post by doodoo12345 » Feb 10th, '05, 08:43

If I do have time for Korean dramas, I prefer using that time to watch Korean movies, but the dramas that are worth watching are: Sweet 18 and Lover in Paris

PuddingBerry

Post by PuddingBerry » Feb 11th, '05, 20:30

I haven't watched that many K-Dramas ^____^ """

I've watch some and I like

- Autumn in my heart.... :cry:

- Winter love song

- PUNCH! ... I like the theme song "Al ah yo" very much!!!!!

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Feb 12th, '05, 09:12

My recommendation:

kdramas

winter sonata= ****
autumn tale= ***
summer scent = **
my love patzzi = ****
lovers in paris= *****
full house = *****

Movies

My Little bride = *****
My sassy girl = *****
100 days with Mr. Arrogant = ****
The Classic = ****
Il Mare = ****
White Valentine = **
Lover's Concierto = *****
Windstruck = *****
The stroll = *

:D :wub: :P 8)

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Feb 13th, '05, 16:18

Let's go to school Sang-Doo
Sweet 18
Full House

I suggest you stay away from Attic Cat, it's very irritating, not funny, boring. My love Patzzi is also a fun series to watch but the ending is terrible.

apples

Post by apples » Feb 13th, '05, 16:38

MajidB wrote: I suggest you stay away from Attic Cat, it's very irritating, not funny, boring. My love Patzzi is also a fun series to watch but the ending is terrible.
exactly, stay away from Attic Cat. If you have time watching that kdrama, it's better to use that time to watch full house or sweet 18, maybe try a jdrama.

I feel the same for My love Patzzi. But Kim Rae Won, Kim Jae Won and Jang Nara makes it worthwhile to watch.

Trang Nguyen

Post by Trang Nguyen » Feb 14th, '05, 08:27

I vote for Full House. A romantic comedy with happy ending. Lovely, really 8)

saii06

Post by saii06 » Feb 21st, '05, 18:41

Sweet 18 and Full House

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Feb 21st, '05, 18:52

1. Full House
2. Briight Girl (Jang Na Ra)
3. My Love Patzzi
4. Oh Pil Seung

chunfung
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by chunfung » Feb 21st, '05, 21:19

Full House 8)

FantaxyStar

Post by FantaxyStar » Feb 21st, '05, 22:45

I love Autumn's Tale.
I watched 1/2 of winter sonata, and it was boring so I stopped..was it really that good? :blink maybe i should have continued with it

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Feb 22nd, '05, 01:30

FantaxyStar wrote:I love Autumn's Tale.
I watched 1/2 of winter sonata, and it was boring so I stopped..was it really that good? :blink maybe i should have continued with it
Hi! Well I like autumn tale at the start, but its so sad, so its really not my favorite. I like winter sonata more. Though it's a slow paced drama, it worth watching. I really wud recommend Full house & lovers in paris. I'm watching sweet 18 now. That's all. God bless! :D

madyjune

Post by madyjune » Feb 22nd, '05, 11:31

Full House is the funniest kdrama I've ever watched.

deRain

Post by deRain » Feb 22nd, '05, 11:55

For drama... I vote for Full House and Sweet 18... :w00t:
But I think Prince's First Love is quite funny too 8)
But for movie...I love "my tutor friend" and "my sassy girl" :P
but..."my little bride" is good too :blink heuheuheue so many good korean movies :D

doremonmax

Post by doremonmax » Feb 22nd, '05, 12:42

i vote for
1. FULL HOUSE
2. SWEET 18
3. ATTIC CAT

aziatik

Post by aziatik » Feb 23rd, '05, 14:57

Attic cat
Oh! Pil Seung
Sassy Girl, Chun Hyang

Theese are my pics another one not on this site but i'll mention neway!!

Mr. Duke

annieme25

Post by annieme25 » Feb 25th, '05, 01:35

1. Full House-so cute and funny
2. Lovers in Paris- funny, cute, and sad at the same time
3. Silk Flower- sad but very inspiring

Wants
1. I'm Sorry I love YOu
2.???

Penoy

Re: White valentine!!!

Post by Penoy » Feb 27th, '05, 14:25

Penoy wrote:
kraqgurl wrote:Hey...anybody has a white valentine movie???i really wanna see that film!!! :D
:pale:
:D Do you really wanna see it? Well, if you really a fan of jeun ji hyun & park shin yang, maybe you can bear it. But actually for me, it's not really good. Even the soundtrack stinks. But maybe you could just see for yourself. Goodluck! :mrgreen:
But I would also recommend Uninvited, its good. It's a movie that requires deep thinking....mind boggling huh!

spundit

Post by spundit » Feb 28th, '05, 09:19

SANDGLASS SANDGLASS SANDGLASS!

This is the greatest korean drama ever made? I cant believe only a few people would agree with me here...

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Feb 28th, '05, 09:23

- Im Sorry I Love You -

This is a MUST see. MUST MUST MUST MUST
Have to watch Im Sorry I Love You
Heart breaker and tear jerker. All time favourites.
Love the characters.

- Full House -

A lot of the things they do is quite repetitive.
But I liked it as well. Funny characters.

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Feb 28th, '05, 23:47

one of the drama that mention ito keep away from "prince's first love" it wasn't that bad in fact i like the beginning peiosdes very funny and entertaining to watch well just my opinion...and sung yuri is really pretty!!

Misa

MISA

Post by Misa » Mar 1st, '05, 22:07

I'm sorry I love you!! :mrgreen:

This drama is so sad but so touching.
The cast and the acting, above all Myouk and Eun-Chae, are fantastic.
The music is wonderful.

This drama must be seen :)

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Mar 2nd, '05, 03:58

Hi, would anyone like to recommend some dramas for me? So far I've seen 11 and they are:
prince's first love (my very first, got me hooked onto k-dramas)
full house
oh pil seung
ireland
autumn fairytale
winter sonata
summer scent (very slow, but ssh made up for that)
all in
i'm sorry i love you
hot tropical nights in dec.
sweet 18
love story in harvard (stopped after episode 2 cuz it got boring)

and i'm currently watching, sad sonata and delightful girl. I'm really enjoying delightful girl, but so far only episode 1 is subtitled.
I'm not very picky, as long as the acting is good and the storyline isn't too outrageous.

jdw112

Post by jdw112 » Mar 2nd, '05, 04:07

lilsh0rtnancy wrote:Hi, would anyone like to recommend some dramas for me?
Romance
Stairway to heaven

otcho

Post by otcho » Mar 4th, '05, 15:48

sorry i love you.