Korean Actors have great Bodies..

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
ladyfoxx

Post by ladyfoxx » Nov 20th, '05, 00:58

zdoon wrote:I just found out that So Ji Seob actually battled Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker for said hands. Battled them to the death, he did. After which, he ripped off their artificial robot hands and lodged them onto his wrists before going "Nooooooooo" in Konglish. Talk about dramatic!

LOL :lol you're funny!

tanukibear

Post by tanukibear » Dec 1st, '05, 19:40

Kim Rae Won and Bi have such great bodies!

tsang_yue_fen

Post by tsang_yue_fen » Dec 3rd, '05, 11:05

hey guys!! have you watched lets go to the beach?? waahh... if youre looking for men with great bodies this kseries is for you!!! note: lee won is really buffed here great shape!!! :)

(personally though i like thin lanky guys) :) :) :)

liza_23

Post by liza_23 » Dec 7th, '05, 14:25

SO JI SUB,his body's great!!

mzheng0402

Post by mzheng0402 » Dec 13th, '05, 03:26

here's some nice bods :mrgreen: :wub: :cheers:
Attachments
Kwon Sang Woo
Kwon Sang Woo
18.jpg (81.59 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Kwon Sang Woo
Kwon Sang Woo
43.jpg (19.92 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Kwon Sang Woo
Kwon Sang Woo
05.JPG (18.86 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Rain
Rain
30.jpg (178.11 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
So Ji Sub
So Ji Sub
00380lm.jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
So Ji Sub
So Ji Sub
sjs4_110.jpg (249.77 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Kim Sung Soo2.jpg
Kim Sung Soo2.jpg (64.69 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Won Bin
Won Bin
wonbin2456.jpg (45.46 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Rain
Rain
bi_1_792.jpg (42.11 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Bae

Post by Bae » Jan 30th, '06, 17:55

O.O Wow, nice! Hehe, I'm Korean here and my brothers are very obsessed with their bodies. I mean, they go to the gym like seven times a week. And they have a really fast metabolism so they can really eat whatever they want and they don't get fat. >.< I don't have that! I mean, I'm pretty tall myself for a girl, but I'm nowhere near as thin as those drama girls. ^^;;;;;

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jan 30th, '06, 18:28

yup korean guys do have nice body. that's the best part of watching kdrama. they look more matured and manly than the japanese boys/guys.

but i personally prefer japanese guy especially tomoya nagase and yutada takenouchi.

kstar

Post by kstar » Jan 30th, '06, 18:38

Bi has meat *drools*

captainhyuk

Post by captainhyuk » Jan 31st, '06, 12:42

captainhyuk

Post by captainhyuk » Jan 31st, '06, 12:43

thatyu

Post by thatyu » Apr 2nd, '06, 19:32

I hv joined Rainny Day concert in Bangkok.
I think his body is very sexy.
Attachments
61 concert.jpg
61 concert.jpg (33.08 KiB) Viewed 3468 times

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Feb 5th, '07, 19:56

I think Oh Ji Ho has a killer bod. :wub:

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 26th, '07, 22:19

pyh wrote:I agree with you. I think Koreans are the most beautiful people of all ASIANS. Even the Korean women too. They are tall and slender. The actors are all tall, handsome and with great bodies. No other asians can compare to Koreans.
eeeeeeuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Don't too distillation!!!

For me, not all korean men&girl or actor&actress are beauty...coz some BIG of them, had a plastic surgery, most popular is...want a ayelids (very popular!), sharp nose, and small mouth...

I like to say.... that every human is not perfect... just like nation, people, race or whatever!
Not all Malaysian man are perfect, Not all Japanese man are perfect, and Not all Korean man are perfect!!!

Some people... not beauty, not intelligent, not stupid, not handsome, not ugly, not idiot, not PERFECT!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 27th, '07, 01:44

For me, not all korean men&girl or actor&actress are beauty...coz some BIG of them, had a plastic surgery, most popular is...want a ayelids (very popular!), sharp nose, and small mouth...
I think the female checklist goes in this order of importance:

1) Face should be small enough so that one CD can cover it.
2) Double eyelids
3) High nose
4) V-line
5) S-line figure
6) 5"5+ is a major plus

Obviously the prettiest female is Lee Jung Ki. :D

Male checklist:

1) 5"10+
2) M-line figure <-- 6-pack + long/lithe (but not overly large) arms + fairly broad shoulders
3a) Strong nose and high cheeks . . .or . . .
3b) High nose and V-line
4) Double-eyelids

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 27th, '07, 13:10

Koreans look better to me than other Asians because their features tend to be more defined, whereas Chinese, Vietnamese etc. usually have a smoother, flatter look. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you just can't find anyone with big eyes, high cheeks, perfect nose and luscious lips, all in one package outside of Korea. Of course, I'm talking about Song Hye Kyo. And it's pretty certain that she's 100% natural too. I hope :)

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 27th, '07, 15:26

I am in Japan right now. The women are so cute they drive me crazy, and I am not even bisexual or something. :lol

Very, very cute faces.

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 27th, '07, 20:56

kobe23 wrote:Koreans look better to me than other Asians because their features tend to be more defined, whereas Chinese, Vietnamese etc. usually have a smoother, flatter look. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you just can't find anyone with big eyes, high cheeks, perfect nose and luscious lips, all in one package outside of Korea.

ha..ha..ha... you're very wrong here...

We all not say that every korean is ugly or else!

We talk about NOBODY is PERFECT!

So, KOREAN!!

I'M REALLY IN LOVE WITH KIM JEONG HOON AND HAN GA IN, BUT I'M NOT TOO 'CRAZY' OR 'IDIOT' OR 'FANATIC' TO HAVE A CONCLUSION THAT 'ALL KOREAN IS HANDSOME AND BEAUTY' AS ALL OF THEM!!!

I think.... you have check, at the Internet, whose country done the most plastic surgery, and you will know where is Korea... The last time I see, Korea is NO.1 !!!

I had to suggest you, to look at another people in ASIAN with natural beauty...

What a shame.... beauty with counterfeit :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 27th, '07, 21:05

Néa Vanille wrote:I am in Japan right now. The women are so cute they drive me crazy, and I am not even bisexual or something. :lol

Very, very cute faces.
oh! Japan? Last I heard (well, read), you were in South Korea. I love reading about you and your Korean bf and other tidbits in the Life & Relationship section. It's interesting to know that I'm not the only with inter-ethnic relationship with a Korean bf here. I hope you're having fun in Japan! I'm so envious!!! I wish I was there, too.

but umm...yea....I kind of got off-topic here.

@Kobe23: wells, it looks to me like you're not trying hard enough to look closer. There are lots of beautiful Asian women around..........Koreans included, but that doesn't mean others are excluded.

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 27th, '07, 23:12

Koreans women in general are very into beauty. It's not a "Western beauty standards" thing; it's not a post-war affluence thing; it's pretty much part of the culture. Like if you go back in history, Koreans have always promoted "healthy" food tips and fads, and until the 90s, middle-age ajuhmmas used to wear pounds and pounds of makeup. Even when I was in junior high, my Korean friends were the first to really put on the makeup, and then in high school, they were WAY ahead of everybody else in makeup technique, skin, and Euro-fashion department. They are very critical of female actresses and models. It's not the men who demand that these K-drama actresses playing girls next door look fashion print beautiful -- it's the female audience.

Like if you visit Popseoul, that's very mild compared to how most of my friends were with actresses. Or put it another way, I got used to seeing Song Hye Kyo as "chubby" and "stocky" (whereas, almost without question, even when my friends acknowledged her natural beauty. It's just part of the culture (moreso than in the West) -- you are never, ever beautiful enough.

Whereas, say, my brother, my dad (heck even my mom) and all my Chinese friends, they find a lot of the Korean actresses (Song Hye Kyo, Kim Hee Sun, Lee Young Ae, ESPECIALLY Jun Ji-hyu) just stunning. Not just "cute", not just "fresh faced", but more like "oh my God, she is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life." Like a combination of refined, but natural feminine elegance that is both West and East. Moreso when the Korean actress hits her 30s and 40s, they look almost "ageless." They of course don't see the amount of work put into mounting that wall of beauty.
Koreans look better to me than other Asians because their features tend to be more defined, whereas Chinese, Vietnamese etc. usually have a smoother, flatter look.
I think the one thing that really sets Korean actresses differently from other Asian countries is the emphasis on the high, longer nose. That makes a bigger difference than eyelid surgery or losing weight to develop a V-line.

Like, if you've seen before/after shots of Hwang Hee, the change is amazing. It's really the nose that changes how his whole face works. And, yeah, I think he looks more handsome than before (quite the hottie then too), even if he somehow looks less Asian for it.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Nov 28th, '07, 03:47

lilswtangel wrote:oh! Japan? Last I heard (well, read), you were in South Korea. I love reading about you and your Korean bf and other tidbits in the Life & Relationship section. It's interesting to know that I'm not the only with inter-ethnic relationship with a Korean bf here. I hope you're having fun in Japan! I'm so envious!!! I wish I was there, too.
Good to know someone appreciates my ramblings! :lol I am in Japan on vacation, going back to Korea on November 30th. Already miss it. Kimchi!!! :cry:

So now that I am in Japan, I can more accurately describe the physical differences between the two people. One thing I can say with full conidence is that, to me, Korean men are more attractive than Japanese men. Although a lot of Japanese men are cute, they tend to be too small and skinny for my taste. I am not a small girl, and a guy as petite as me turns me off. Korean men, on the other hand, are almost always taller and heavier than me.

As far as faces are concerned, I also have to give it to Koreans in men, because I am more attraced to Asian faces (Won Bin, for example, looks too white to me, and therefore he is not that attractive to me).A lot of Japanese guys have pretty and feminine, but less Asian features. They seem to always have double-eyelids.

On the women's side though, I am definitely far more attracted to Japanese rather than to Korean girls.They look and act younger and they are just so goddamn adorable and a lot have those huge anime eyes to boot (I like big eyes and double-eyelids on women). If I was a man I would definitely go for Japanese rather than Korean girls. :thumright:

Japanese people also seem less cold to me than Koreans. It is more common for people here to smile at me and be friendly for no reason than in Korea.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Nov 28th, '07, 04:55

Néa Vanille wrote:
lilswtangel wrote:oh! Japan? Last I heard (well, read), you were in South Korea. I love reading about you and your Korean bf and other tidbits in the Life & Relationship section. It's interesting to know that I'm not the only with inter-ethnic relationship with a Korean bf here. I hope you're having fun in Japan! I'm so envious!!! I wish I was there, too.
Good to know someone appreciates my ramblings! :lol I am in Japan on vacation, going back to Korea on November 30th. Already miss it. Kimchi!!! :cry:

So now that I am in Japan, I can more accurately describe the physical differences between the two people. One thing I can say with full conidence is that, to me, Korean men are more attractive than Japanese men. Although a lot of Japanese men are cute, they tend to be too small and skinny for my taste. I am not a small girl, and a guy as petite as me turns me off. Korean men, on the other hand, are almost always taller and heavier than me.

As far as faces are concerned, I also have to give it to Koreans in men, because I am more attraced to Asian faces (Won Bin, for example, looks too white to me, and therefore he is not that attractive to me).A lot of Japanese guys have pretty and feminine, but less Asian features. They seem to always have double-eyelids.

On the women's side though, I am definitely far more attracted to Japanese rather than to Korean girls.They look and act younger and they are just so goddamn adorable and a lot have those huge anime eyes to boot (I like big eyes and double-eyelids on women). If I was a man I would definitely go for Japanese rather than Korean girls. :thumright:

Japanese people also seem less cold to me than Koreans. It is more common for people here to smile at me and be friendly for no reason than in Korea.
You are so lucky girl...man i wish i was in Japan.....and it's true japanese girls are really cute.

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 28th, '07, 13:18

lilswtangel wrote:
Néa Vanille wrote:I am in Japan right now. The women are so cute they drive me crazy, and I am not even bisexual or something. :lol

Very, very cute faces.
oh! Japan? Last I heard (well, read), you were in South Korea. I love reading about you and your Korean bf and other tidbits in the Life & Relationship section. It's interesting to know that I'm not the only with inter-ethnic relationship with a Korean bf here. I hope you're having fun in Japan! I'm so envious!!! I wish I was there, too.

but umm...yea....I kind of got off-topic here.

@Kobe23: wells, it looks to me like you're not trying hard enough to look closer. There are lots of beautiful Asian women around..........Koreans included, but that doesn't mean others are excluded.
Yeah.... You're RIGHT!!! :lol :lol :lol

Very... RIGHT :w00t:

I angry with in 'There are lots of beautiful Asian women around..........Koreans included, but that doesn't mean others are excluded'...

You know what I mean...coz...yeah, everybody not PERFECT...

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 28th, '07, 13:32

This is some hot, hot, HOT!!! Asian people from some country...

In Malaysia... my favorite goes to...

http://special.time.net.my/cleo2006/ima ... rs/16l.jpg
his name is Muhammad Iqram Dinzly

http://special.time.net.my/cleo2006/ima ... rs/21l.jpg
his name is Ashraf Sinclair

http://special.time.net.my/cleo2006/ima ... rs/27l.jpg
his name is Mohd Ashraf Muslim

In Korea... my favorite goes to...

http://english.kbs.co.kr/ICSFiles/artim ... /kim_l.jpg
his name is Kim Jeong Hoon

http://lh3.google.com/Secretagent040/Rv ... imgmax=512
his name is Song Seung Hun

http://myfilmblogs.com/sinemakorea/file ... 06/byj.jpg
his name is Bae Yong Joon

In Thailand... my favorite goes to...

http://www.idolworld.com/actor/hugo/hugo06l.jpg
his name is Jurajak Jakkrapong

http://www.idolworld.com/actor/puri/puri06l.jpg
his name is Puri Hiranprueck

http://www.idolworld.com/actor/oil/oil47l.jpg
Thana Suthikamorn

In Japan... my favorite goes to...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forumfiles/1_146.gif
his name is Tomoya Nagase

http://www.d-addicts.com/forumfiles/000 ... -h_433.jpg
his name is Takuya Kimura

http://www.d-addicts.com/forumfiles/8111_124.jpg
his name is Takeshi Kaneshiro[/b]
Last edited by MandyHoon on Nov 28th, '07, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 28th, '07, 14:05

MandyHoon wrote: I think.... you have check, at the Internet, whose country done the most plastic surgery, and you will know where is Korea... The last time I see, Korea is NO.1 !!!:
That's the most common reply I see whenever someone says Korea has the best looking people, and little do they realize, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Fact is:

Korea is ranked 15th when it comes to Plastic surgery procedures with both Japan (4th) and Taiwan (14th) ahead of South Korea from the Asian countries. United States is of course, number 1.

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_p ... procedures

When it comes to plastic surgery procedures per capita, South Korea is ranked at #27 with 19.654 per 100,000 people. When it comes to Asian countries, Hong Kong (6th), Taiwan (13th), Japan (18th) and Singapore (26th) are all ahead of Korea.

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_p ... a%3Cbr/%3E

Granted, these stats are from 2002, and I'm sure the rate of plastic surgery has increased substantially in Korea since then, there's no reason to suggest the same hasn't happened in other countries. It would be great if anyone could post more recent stats.
lilswtangel wrote:@Kobe23: wells, it looks to me like you're not trying hard enough to look closer. There are lots of beautiful Asian women around..........Koreans included, but that doesn't mean others are excluded.
Oh don't get me wrong, every country in the world has plenty of beautiful people, but when it comes to Asia, I find Korean women to be the most beautiful. And it's not because I haven't looked hard enough: I watched Hong Kong/Taiwanese/Chinese movies and dramas for over a year before I switched to Korean entertainment. I will admit though, that I haven't explored Japanese entertainment enough to express my opinion on them.

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 28th, '07, 17:41

kobe23 wrote:
MandyHoon wrote: I think.... you have check, at the Internet, whose country done the most plastic surgery, and you will know where is Korea... The last time I see, Korea is NO.1 !!!:
That's the most common reply I see whenever someone says Korea has the best looking people, and little do they realize, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Fact is:

Korea is ranked 15th when it comes to Plastic surgery procedures with both Japan (4th) and Taiwan (14th) ahead of South Korea from the Asian countries. United States is of course, number 1.

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_p ... procedures

When it comes to plastic surgery procedures per capita, South Korea is ranked at #27 with 19.654 per 100,000 people. When it comes to Asian countries, Hong Kong (6th), Taiwan (13th), Japan (18th) and Singapore (26th) are all ahead of Korea.

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_p ... a%3Cbr/%3E

Granted, these stats are from 2002, and I'm sure the rate of plastic surgery has increased substantially in Korea since then, there's no reason to suggest the same hasn't happened in other countries. It would be great if anyone could post more recent stats.
lilswtangel wrote:@Kobe23: wells, it looks to me like you're not trying hard enough to look closer. There are lots of beautiful Asian women around..........Koreans included, but that doesn't mean others are excluded.
Oh don't get me wrong, every country in the world has plenty of beautiful people, but when it comes to Asia, I find Korean women to be the most beautiful. And it's not because I haven't looked hard enough: I watched Hong Kong/Taiwanese/Chinese movies and dramas for over a year before I switched to Korean entertainment. I will admit though, that I haven't explored Japanese entertainment enough to express my opinion on them.
wah...ha...ha.... Thanks GOD!

My country... Malaysia.... not has the ugliest face to do that artificiality!!

Thanks for that information (I must say for your hard to get)!!!

ha...ha....ha....
:wub: :wub: :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 28th, '07, 23:47

And it's not because I haven't looked hard enough: I watched Hong Kong/Taiwanese/Chinese movies and dramas for over a year before I switched to Korean entertainment. I will admit though, that I haven't explored Japanese entertainment enough to express my opinion on them.
I think the contrast between Japanese actors/actresses and regular Japanese people is a touch wider than with Koreans. But, it's still disconcertingly wide with Koreans, and especially young female viewers nowadays find them rather off putting.

The plastic surgery thing doesn't bother me at all, because frankly most viewers watch K-dramas due to the eye candy quotient of the cast (though they tend to stay for the acting.) And the difference between Hollywood and Chungmuro today is that the former wants to create the next Jessica Alba and Brad Pitt, but the latter wants to create the next Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant.

The "Natural beauty" thing is also kind of a Korean thing too; it's not so much about being proud of what God gave you; it's about being obnoxious about what God gave just you. It means that because you were born with the double eyelids, the high nose, the perfect face shape, tall height, broad shoulders, etc, you are born with "star quality", as if you were a kind of Chungmuro blue blood. Look at me; I'm so beautiful!!! Every young Japanese girl wants to be an idol; but every young Korean girl wants to be a movie star. And so on.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Nov 29th, '07, 01:50

ther eare beautiful people every where, and asians indeed have alot of beauty! :D

Asian guys however are the hottest things on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not all

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 29th, '07, 02:19

BTW, going back to the original question about hot male bodies, I think Kong Sang Woo was voted as hottest body this year. Won Bin is up there too. Gong Yoo looks naturally lanky, like a surfer or a dancer.

But, my pick is Bae Yong Joon. From what I've read, he was credited as one of the first actors to really promote a "beefcake" body opposite his regal, intellectual image. He actually looks "strong", which messes with your head because you don't normally associate him with "manly."

You'd expect Joo Jin Moo to look like that. Now that's a MAN! ;) Rivals Jang Dong Gun in raw sex appeal.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 29th, '07, 02:54

belleza wrote:BTW, going back to the original question about hot male bodies, I think Kong Sang Woo was voted as hottest body this year. Won Bin is up there too. Gong Yoo looks naturally lanky, like a surfer or a dancer.

But, my pick is Bae Yong Joon. From what I've read, he was credited as one of the first actors to really promote a "beefcake" body opposite his regal, intellectual image. He actually looks "strong", which messes with your head because you don't normally associate him with "manly."

You'd expect Joo Jin Moo to look like that. Now that's a MAN! ;) Rivals Jang Dong Gun in raw sex appeal.
Sang Woo oppa definitely has one of the hottest bodies out there...and Won Bin, another one who deserves to be at the top of the list.

My only gripe is that KSW isn't as tall as the other Korean males even though his martial arts-fitted body more than makes up for the difference in height.

There was a time when I saw Won Bin as the next pretty boy (it was probably due to his boyishness in "Autumn's Tale") but over the years, his physique has toned up and his looks have matured.

And whenever someone mentions Gong Yoo, I'm always reminded of Lee Ji Hoon. Is it just me or do they look alike? In height and stature and physical attributes. Wells, aside from LJH's one double eye-lid and one single eye-lid pair of eyes.

and it seems no one has mentioned Jun Woo-sung! Does anyone remember the towel scene in "A Moment to Remember"? It was to die for!! :whistling:

And while we're at it.....it's unfair that only actors/models are mentioned, what about the music artists?

Danny Im aka Taebin? He might be lanky, but those abs don't work themselves, you know? XD Then there's Bi~ He might not be "classically beautiful" but you have to admit his body sure does wow.

btwn, were there ever any shirtless scenes/pictures of Jo In Sung? he'd made my list of most beautiful Korean males only because I love his acting~

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 29th, '07, 04:03

The "Natural beauty" thing is also kind of a Korean thing too; it's not so much about being proud of what God gave you; it's about being obnoxious about what God gave just you. It means that because you were born with the double eyelids, the high nose, the perfect face shape, tall height, broad shoulders, etc, you are born with "star quality", as if you were a kind of Chungmuro blue blood. Look at me; I'm so beautiful!!! Every young Japanese girl wants to be an idol; but every young Korean girl wants to be a movie star. And so on.[/quote]

Erm... Hmmm... I'm little agree with your opinion...

Not just a little... but very agree...

Yeah..not every people, born to be a STAR!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 29th, '07, 04:06

4everU wrote:ther eare beautiful people every where, and asians indeed have alot of beauty! :D

Asian guys however are the hottest things on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not all
Well....I'm very agree with you! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 29th, '07, 05:24

There was a time when I saw Won Bin as the next pretty boy (it was probably due to his boyishness in "Autumn's Tale") but over the years, his physique has toned up and his looks have matured.
Actually I haven't really liked Won Bin's new look lately, because he's a bit too lean now. Add in his bigger hair and it's making him look a little sickly.

There seems to be a push for ultra-lean figures among the men. That's all well and good to show off those abdominals, but it also increases the harshness in your face (your cheeks kinda shrink.) Jo Ji Hoon is a really good example of that.
And whenever someone mentions Gong Yoo, I'm always reminded of Lee Ji Hoon. Is it just me or do they look alike? In height and stature and physical attributes. Wells, aside from LJH's one double eye-lid and one single eye-lid pair of eyes.
Gong Yoo reminds me of Bi a lot. Both had lanky, long-limbed bodies with naturally broad shoulders, and they just wear that body really well. Like you can kinda tell the people who've kinda developed their bodies at the gym, but didn't play a lot of sports or danced a lot. The body is there, but it's like their heads were kinda screwed onto their body. Whereas Gong Yoo just seems a physical guy, and more than that he's just really comfortable with himself and touchy feely in an affectionate way. That's real sexy.
And while we're at it.....it's unfair that only actors/models are mentioned, what about the music artists?
1) Kim Jong Kook. He's kinda like BYJ in that he was one of the first really buff K-pop singers out there. And with that voice, he's kinda like the Aaron Neville of K-pop. Betcha he even uses cocoa butter!! :D

2) Lee Min Woo. Sure, he's short but he's a breakdancing sex machine.

3) Alex Chu of Clazziquai.

4) Park Jun Hyung.

5) Gackt. Okay, well, he ain't Korean but he OWNED the KMNF! :D

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 29th, '07, 13:11

I still love my oppa Won Bin! :wub:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 29th, '07, 18:53

belleza wrote:Actually I haven't really liked Won Bin's new look lately, because he's a bit too lean now. Add in his bigger hair and it's making him look a little sickly.
His leanness was probably from those 191 days at the military before he was discharged with an injury. You're right~ I thought he looked the best around the time he left for the military in late 2005.....when he had that buzz/semi-bald hair-cut and a bit more meat on his body.
belleza wrote:There seems to be a push for ultra-lean figures among the men. That's all well and good to show off those abdominals, but it also increases the harshness in your face (your cheeks kinda shrink.) Jo Ji Hoon is a really good example of that.
Joo Ji Hoo has muscles? I don't think I've seen him shirtless before but I couldn't agree more about the harshness of his face. It was that feature that made him the perfect "arrogant Shin" in Goong and the perfect defense attorney in "The Devil". His looks were made for his roles. Though, I wonder what it would be like to see him portray a happy go lucky type with cheesy smiles. Would he be able to pull if off with his features?
belleza wrote:1) Kim Jong Kook. He's kinda like BYJ in that he was one of the first really buff K-pop singers out there. And with that voice, he's kinda like the Aaron Neville of K-pop. Betcha he even uses cocoa butter!! :D

2) Lee Min Woo. Sure, he's short but he's a breakdancing sex machine.

3) Alex Chu of Clazziquai.

4) Park Jun Hyung.

5) Gackt. Okay, well, he ain't Korean but he OWNED the KMNF! :D
AWESOME! I don't believe this!! we have the same taste in Music. Old school!!! You named some of my favorite Korean groups from the late 90's and early 2000's!!!! <333> unfortunately the first thing that comes to mind when I see or think of him is: pretty boy.

Do mixed ethnicities with Korean blood count here?? Because Daniel Henney is soo deserving to be like #1, probably even more so than KSW. His body is spectacular!! He has the perfect height at 6'2 and oh those cheekbones of his!!! Everything about him shouts "charisma" and his smile........so white and perfect!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 1st, '07, 13:24

Kwon Sang Woo has definitely got the best body by far. Just watch the movie Once Upon a Time in High School for proof.

Won Bin doesn't have a great body, but he has the best looking face out of all the Korean actors. If there's any man who could change my sexual orientation, it would be him. Wait, did I just type that out? WHERE'S THE EDIT BUTTON??!!!

I can't believe I'm posting in this thread.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 1st, '07, 14:01

Haha, kobe is so cute. :lol

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 1st, '07, 14:49

Won Bin doesn't have a great body, but he has the best looking face out of all the Korean actors. If there's any man who could change my sexual orientation, it would be him. Wait, did I just type that out? WHERE'S THE EDIT BUTTON??!!!
Oh testify Kobe to the power of Won Bin!! :D

Alas, he hasn't been the same since he's been back from the military. He looks . . . sad, now. Not just him though. After his stint, So Ji Sup's apparently turned into a porn star. And what will the army do to poor Gong Yoo? Turn him into the Coffee Pimp?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Dec 3rd, '07, 00:19

belleza wrote: After his stint, So Ji Sup's apparently turned into a porn star.
Sigh, I'm still trying to forget about that... :cry:

LOL, even kobe has fallen under Won Bin's spell??
Is it weird not to think Won Bin is hot? I mean, I know he's really beautiful and all, and he has a gorgeous body, but somehow I am not attracted to him. There is something wrong with me.

Shunbaby

Post by Shunbaby » Dec 3rd, '07, 00:54

belleza wrote: After his stint, So Ji Sup's apparently turned into a porn star.
what do you mean by this? is he doing a racy movie/drama?

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 3rd, '07, 08:05

Is it weird not to think Won Bin is hot?
Yes. :D

But, I think definition of "hot" has changed. It used to be that cats like Won Bin and Song Seung Hun belonged in that rarefied "Oh my God!" territory. Now we live in Korea Drama A.G. (after-Goong), a generation in love with Hyun Bin, Lee Jung Ki and Joo Ji Hyoon, the latter two who lookwise could pass for Johnny Entertainment idols.
what do you mean by this? is he doing a racy movie/drama?
I mean this:

http://popseoul.com/2007/11/29/so-ji-sub-needs-money/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/10/of-al ... -that-one/

I wasn't feeling SJS's long hair lately. But he's just gotten greasy (well-meaning people of South Korea do not use Vincent Gallo as your inspiration, please!! Would we use Kim Jong Il to promote shampoo? Exactly!)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 3rd, '07, 14:45

fizzlex3mh wrote: Is it weird not to think Won Bin is hot? I mean, I know he's really beautiful and all, and he has a gorgeous body, but somehow I am not attracted to him. There is something wrong with me.
There is most definitely something wrong with you. Just kidding :) Everyone has their own tastes, and we all know that beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Image Image

Actually, there's probably something wrong with me for thinking a guy is hot. :O

Anyway, I'm just playing around here and I would like to clarify that I don't really think Won Bin is hot. Honestly.
belleza wrote: And what will the army do to poor Gong Yoo? Turn him into the Coffee Pimp?
That's probably the funniest thing I've read all week.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 3rd, '07, 17:56

I also don't think Won Bin is hot. He's just not my type. His face is too Western-looking (am I weird?). :P

I definitely prefer Hyun Bin.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Dec 4th, '07, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Dec 4th, '07, 00:42

Néa Vanille wrote:His face is too Western-looking.
Ah, I think that might be the reason he doesn't appeal to me.
Néa Vanille wrote: I definitely prefer Hyun Bin.
As do I.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 4th, '07, 06:59

There's something about Hyun Bin and hair. Like when he's clean-cut and short-coifed, he's cute but too metro . But like when he's all grunged out, he's like both really emo and really sex. I remember watching A Millionaire's Love and totally forgot his character in Kim Sam Soon. The difference seemed like years.

I think Hyun Bin is underrated as an actor, due to his heartthrob status. What makes him good is that his performances replace sensitivity with real volatility. Like, at a pivotal moment, he may explode on you, or he may completely break down.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 5th, '07, 05:45

belleza wrote:There's something about Hyun Bin and hair. Like when he's clean-cut and short-coifed, he's cute but too metro . But like when he's all grunged out, he's like both really emo and really sex. I remember watching A Millionaire's Love and totally forgot his character in Kim Sam Soon. The difference seemed like years.

I think Hyun Bin is underrated as an actor, due to his heartthrob status. What makes him good is that his performances replace sensitivity with real volatility. Like, at a pivotal moment, he may explode on you, or he may completely break down.
that was awesome. I couldn't have worded it any better than you.

And I agree, ever since "My Name is Kim Sam Soon", he has reached heartthrob status for his looks rather than for his acting.

The extent of his talents went much further in "A Millionaire's First Love" because his portrayal of love and loss were more much in-depth. Metro was the exact word I had in mind when I think of Hyun Bin in Kim Sam Soon, with his suits and rich boy arrogance -> way too preppy and clean cut, but fits the typical working upperclass male.

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 5th, '07, 10:10

The extent of his talents went much further in "A Millionaire's First Love" because his portrayal of love and loss were more much in-depth
Also I think for me and KSS, I was really distracted with Daniel Oppa! :D It's similar to the Won Bin vs. Song Seung Hun thing, too much prettiness among the boys and your brain goes numb! :D

My image of Hyun Bin is really Han Deuk Gu of the Snow Queen. I think both Ireland and Kim Sam Soon are better shows, but there's just something about that role. That wounded, proud look in his eyes and the way the words come out so sadly in Snow Queen. Rarely has depression been so sexy! :D

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Dec 5th, '07, 13:21

I've already incriminated myself, so I might as well fess up. Another Korean actor I find good looking is Yoo Gun (유건) from the 2006 drama Hello God!. Obviously both Nea and fizzle will disagree since he looks even more Western than Won Bin, and in some pictures even looks a bit like that dude from Spiderman 3 - James Franco, but more boyish and not as rugged.

Image Image

Both his looks and acting seems to be under-appreciated, but I guess he hasn't been in popular drama yet, so might still be undiscovered by many.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 5th, '07, 15:43

@Kobe: those pictures of Yoo Gun makes him look mixed in a way. I guess I understand why people think his looks are more westernized.

@belleza: I wasn't able to finish "Snow Queen"........as much as it pained me, but the drama ended up to be too depressing. And Sung Yu-Ri, as much as I like her as an entertainer, I never much liked her acting. I hated her in "A Prince's First Love" and "A Thousand Years of Love" was only bearable because of So Ji Sub's charisma.

And on to SJS oppa........ :crazy: I saw those pictures of his "Brown Bunny"-ish magazine spread. What's with the hair??? He looked like a dirty old man in those pictures. Maybe if he had cut his hair and shaved off that mustache of his, the picture hinting of him touching himself would have been hot......or at the very least, semi-hot. Porn star was exactly what I had in mind and I couldn't help cringing while looking at those pictures.

ladymoi14

Post by ladymoi14 » Jan 5th, '12, 08:45

for me,,
1. Dennis Oh
2. Daniel Henney
3. Kim Sung Soo
4. Kwon Sang Woo
5. Kang Ji Hwan
6. Oh Ji Ho
7. So Ji Sub

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: