The Identification Thread for Celebrities

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Nov 15th, '07, 07:07

I don't know if this series is possible to find but it's very blurry in my mind.

It's an old pre-modern series released in the 90s, either a Taiwan or China production. There's this happy couple and then something happened and they separate. I believe she then got married to another person years later. In the end of the series I think he (ex-husband) goes to visit her in her home which was located up a hill and she had her hair in a bun. After the visit, he stands by the riverside and that was the end. That's all I remember.

Akujin8

Post by Akujin8 » Nov 23rd, '07, 17:53

I was thinking the other day about a chinese cop series i watched when i was a kid. I dont remember the name but i remember that the main charactor of the show (a guy) had the ability to move his guy with his mind and had someone teach him how to better control it. Also toward the end of the series theres was another person that took pills to gain the same abilitys.. Anyone know the name of the show? and where to download it?

LilBot

Post by LilBot » Dec 4th, '07, 06:44

Hi!

I don't know whether this is the right post to be posted up here. Forgive me if it is wrong. I recently watched this tv series in my country (Malaysia). It was on channel 333 (Hua Hee Tai). The name of the series is unclear to me. 浪淘沙. It is about a female in taiwan who became the 1st female doctor. When I translated it, it sounded like 'The wave washes the sand'. However try as I might, I could not find the series. Does anyone know where can I get the torrent to download this show. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Soopke

Post by Soopke » Dec 6th, '07, 23:44

Anyone knows this chinese serie.. It is a very old one, it was made in the 80's.

It's about a princess who was kidnapped from a palace. Through the years she lives in the mountains where she learns material arts and all that stuff. And she also has a huge bird? whom she's flying with. It is a fantasy genre.

Anyone knows the serie?

Gluestick

Please Help

Post by Gluestick » Dec 28th, '07, 10:15

Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for a show as well.

It's a Chinese drama show with kung fu set in the olden days. From what I can remember, there is a monk (not like a shaolin monk) and he likes to eat dog meat. I think he might have been a fallen god or something but I'm not sure. He's got magical powers as well. I watched in a long time ago and thought I'd never come across it again until I found d-addicts. The theme song sounds like little kids singing and its very playful. Sorry if my information about the show isn't very helpful.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Kugli

Saw this show recently but don't know what it's called...

Post by Kugli » Dec 29th, '07, 02:16

I want some help trying to find the name of a Taiwanese/Chinese Drama that I saw a little bit before. It involves two sisters that like the same guy. The older sister gets into a car accident and loses the use of her legs. The guy feels sorry for her and gets engaged to the older sister despite his true feelings being for the younger sister. The younger sister, distraught, marries a rich older man against her mother's wishes and leaves with him to France, where he has a huge estate.

The episode specifically that I saw had the younger sister waking up and the husband missing from the room. She runs around the estate in her nightgown looking for him only to find him in a business meeting with a bunch of high-powered executives, much to her embarrassment. I'd like to watch the rest of this drama so any help is appreciated!

Riea

Re: Please Help

Post by Riea » Dec 30th, '07, 16:26

Gluestick wrote:Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for a show as well.

It's a Chinese drama show with kung fu set in the olden days. From what I can remember, there is a monk (not like a shaolin monk) and he likes to eat dog meat. I think he might have been a fallen god or something but I'm not sure. He's got magical powers as well. I watched in a long time ago and thought I'd never come across it again until I found d-addicts. The theme song sounds like little kids singing and its very playful. Sorry if my information about the show isn't very helpful.

The drama is probably 濟公, pinyin: Ji Gong. I couldn't tell you exactly what version you're referring to since there were numerous versions and movies over many years from china/tvb/taiwan/etc.

Riea

Post by Riea » Dec 30th, '07, 16:37

Soopke wrote:Anyone knows this chinese serie.. It is a very old one, it was made in the 80's.

It's about a princess who was kidnapped from a palace. Through the years she lives in the mountains where she learns material arts and all that stuff. And she also has a huge bird? whom she's flying with. It is a fantasy genre.

Anyone knows the serie?
It MAYBE 仙鹤神针Mythical Crane, Magic Needle. But I don't recall enough of it since I was way too young to remember.

Riea

Re: Does anyone know the name of the Chinese Series describe

Post by Riea » Dec 30th, '07, 16:56

danceman001 wrote:I once say a chinese series very long ago about twin brothers that were seperated at birth. One grew up as a brat who would eventually meet people along the way that would straighten him out, he would also marry 4 women that he met along his travels.
His twin would grow up in a life of luxury. Some how their travels brings them together at and they have to batter an evil tyrant in the end. This twin ends up marrying one person he met along the way.
I do believe it is set in older times with lots of monks and temples etc. The brat brother had training from the monks at the first temple was at. but he was not good enough to be in the elite group and was in the 2nd rated group which ended up being a better rounded group.

Hope someone knows of the series that I'm talking about and I really want to get a hold of it.

Thanks
possibly either "Hap Hak Hung" or "Handsome Siblings"

eguciz

need your help..

Post by eguciz » Jan 2nd, '08, 13:15

hello guys,
maybe somebody of you know the name of the actress in this picture or if you don't know name - maybe you know which series is this picture taken from? :roll
I really need to know that but I have no idea :cry:
Attachments
unknown_girl
unknown_girl
123.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 14326 times

ena

Post by ena » Jan 2nd, '08, 14:49

Do you have other pics of her..coz it's quite difficult to see her face, ne?

Karate-ka

Re: need your help..

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 2nd, '08, 19:30

eguciz wrote:hello guys,
maybe somebody of you know the name of the actress in this picture or if you don't know name - maybe you know which series is this picture taken from? :roll
I really need to know that but I have no idea :cry:
Couldnt it be just a girl in a cosplay costume?

AshanishiLynn

Who are these actors???

Post by AshanishiLynn » Jan 3rd, '08, 17:03

Hi

I was reading my potatoe book and I came across some handsome
dudes

can someone tell me who they are and which drama they are in?

thanks in advance
Attachments
1001.jpg
1001.jpg (121.51 KiB) Viewed 14334 times

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 3rd, '08, 18:08

i know the drama is called fuma no kojiro, look at tv nihon for the subs.

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Jan 3rd, '08, 18:10

^Thank u soooo much

I think I am in love with the Fujita Rei dude
I just googled him and he speaks 3 languages :wub: :wub: :wub:

he might be mixed cuz real name is Micheal Ray david
Last edited by AshanishiLynn on Jan 3rd, '08, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 3rd, '08, 18:26

Murai Ryota on the left, Fujita Rei on the right.

The show is Fuma no Kojiro, they play Kojiro (main character and good ninja) and Mibu (second in command of the evil ninjas). The show is pure crack filled with lots of pretty boys. So stupid but so awesome

I have never seen anything anywhere saying tv nihon was or is subbing it... even just now when I checked again.
Thoguh DoReMii is subbing it and we have released several episodes here already.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 3rd, '08, 18:33

oh thought tv nihon was doing the subs because thats the kind of genre they mostly sub.

nnt

Post by nnt » Jan 3rd, '08, 20:25

http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index. ... pid=229129

what drama is that? Its Jiro Wang the guy, but the girl I dunno. But thats the name of that drama, if it is a drama at all :P

AshanishiLynn

Post by AshanishiLynn » Jan 4th, '08, 16:46

^thank u sooo much!!!

lzclzclzc

Help me find the name of this series.

Post by lzclzclzc » Jan 11th, '08, 07:11

Hey everyone, first post here. so be gentle.

i am trying to find the name of a modern chinese drama series that I watched a while back. Not sure if it was China/Taiwan/HK.

The story starts out with a guy that supposedly died in his car due to CO poisoning cuz he fell asleep in the car. He went to where ever dead ppl go and they sent him back because they think he shouldnt have died yet. Anywho... there's also this angel that came back with him or something. The guy falls in love with the angel, which technically cant happen because he's human and she's an angel and the story goes on. The ending was fairly sad, where i believe the angel died and the guy lived on without her.

I dont remember exactly wat year i watched this series, but it was a while back. Say between 1996 to say 2000.

PLEASE HELP ME ID THIS SERIES.
MILLION THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smilexp

Post by smilexp » Jan 18th, '08, 03:18

i watched this drama a few years ago and can't remember any of the actors names or the drama's name.. i'm trying to find it so if anyone can name it i would appreciate it soooooooooooooooooo much! thanks!

it starts out with this girl waking up late for her job interview. her neighbor (who's secretly in love with her) drives her on his moped and when she gets there she finds out that she left her resume at home. she goes back home and not wanting to bother her neighbor calls a taxi. when she gets on the highway in the taxi there is a lot of traffic and she realizes that she is going to be super late for her interview. she gets out of the taxi and asks to borrow the cell phone of a guy in a car near hers and promises to give it back. she takes the phone, gets into the taxi and starts to make the phone call. while calling traffic starts to move and she doesn't get the chance to return the phone. she hurries to her interview only to find out that her new boss is the guy she took the phone from.

if anyone can name it i would really really appreciate it! thanks!
Last edited by smilexp on Jan 18th, '08, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.

smilexp

Re: Saw this show recently but don't know what it's called..

Post by smilexp » Jan 18th, '08, 03:21

Kugli wrote:I want some help trying to find the name of a Taiwanese/Chinese Drama that I saw a little bit before. It involves two sisters that like the same guy. The older sister gets into a car accident and loses the use of her legs. The guy feels sorry for her and gets engaged to the older sister despite his true feelings being for the younger sister. The younger sister, distraught, marries a rich older man against her mother's wishes and leaves with him to France, where he has a huge estate.

The episode specifically that I saw had the younger sister waking up and the husband missing from the room. She runs around the estate in her nightgown looking for him only to find him in a business meeting with a bunch of high-powered executives, much to her embarrassment. I'd like to watch the rest of this drama so any help is appreciated!
It's called "Dreams Link" or Yi Lian You Meng

smilexp

Post by smilexp » Jan 18th, '08, 03:25

nnt wrote:http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index. ... pid=229129

what drama is that? Its Jiro Wang the guy, but the girl I dunno. But thats the name of that drama, if it is a drama at all :P
that's a screenshot from the mv for "Only Have Feelings for You" by Fahrenheit and Hebe
sorry, but I don't think that's from an actual drama..

namelessmon

Post by namelessmon » Jan 18th, '08, 08:14

Kashiwabara Takashi

he is the very 1st jap actor i know...and i really like him alot...tbu recently there seems to be so little of his work...and most of his role is super small...

really hope to c more of him in the future although it seems quite impossible

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jan 18th, '08, 08:37

I find Kubozuka Yosuke a great Japanese actor but i just find it weird how people don't really pay attention to him ? or at least that's my observation.

I agree with people here about Matsuyama Kenichi as he had done a great job as L in death Note. I've also seen other stuff with him but him portraying L is just awesome!

booniez

Post by booniez » Jan 18th, '08, 08:39

Can I get in on this thread? I nominate Eguchi Noriko.

Name: 江口のりこ
Name (romaji): Eguchi Noriko
Birthdate: 1980-Apr-28
Birthplace: Hyogo, Japan

She plays solemn and boring characters, but she's a real beauty -- in my opinion only maybe.
Attachments
200px-Eguchi.jpg
200px-Eguchi.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 14336 times

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jan 18th, '08, 09:26

i agree with Alecsa-chan, Yosuke Kubozuka didn't quite get as much limelight as he deserves. he is an immensely talented actor.. very flexible.. and amusing to watch. it's a sad thing that he doesn't do doramas anymore.. but i guess it's fine.. his acting career's surviving.. he has a new movie.

hnn.. i've always been very fond of Fujiki Naohito, a very talented actor. he's just so likable in the roles that he play.. (not to mention very good looking..) and what's more is that he can sing!
Attachments
fujiki.jpg
fujiki.jpg (67.17 KiB) Viewed 14328 times

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 18th, '08, 12:46

I agree Yosuke Kubozuka was neglected as an actor. So sad he stopped making doramas. I also think Shota (Hana Yori Dango fame) is somewhat neglected as is Abe Hiroshi that guy cracks me up :lol ~ also Toma is quite underrated as an actor

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jan 18th, '08, 13:20

@ sahansah.. why hello there..
hnn.. i'm actually pretty glad that Toma is getting in the spotlight these months..
as for abe hiroshi.. absolutely amazing actor.. he's done so well in all the roles i've seen him act.
he's funny even though his face is dead serious.. LOL

ahh~ yes, matsuda shota.. i haven't seen him in Liar game yet.., but comparing his acting from HYD 1 to HYD 2.. he has improved alot.. (or maybe bcoz his role got bigger?)

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 18th, '08, 13:42

morai_naki Hey ~ Yeah Abe is a class act esp in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Shota's good in liar game its a drama you must see!!!!

Gluestick

Re: Please Help

Post by Gluestick » Jan 20th, '08, 15:14

Riea wrote:
Gluestick wrote:Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for a show as well.

The drama is probably 濟公, pinyin: Ji Gong. I couldn't tell you exactly what version you're referring to since there were numerous versions and movies over many years from china/tvb/taiwan/etc.
Thanks for the info. I've tried looking for it and 've found a few but they all seem to be a movie version instead of a whole series. Would you happen to have a link or information of where I might be able to find the series. I also remember the theme song having a bunch of kids singing (I think...). Thanks again.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 20th, '08, 17:14

I think Yousuke K. is negelected because of his mental lapses, attempted suicide, etc.

I remember a few years ago they tried to hype up his younger brother... but, that didn't really go over too well.

Brilliant actor, though.

namelessmon

Post by namelessmon » Jan 21st, '08, 02:13

oh i like Yosuke Kubozuka..he is a gd actor :lol hav been noticing him since the great teacher onizuka..and hav been following up with his show after that but he dun seems to hav alot of work

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Jan 22nd, '08, 18:17

I agree with the choices of Eita, Matsuda Shouta and Tetsuji :wub:
Yosuke Kubozuka is so talented, I'm glad he survived his suicide attempt and continues to work.
Manami Konishi is definitely underrated, hopefully her movie with Takeshi Kaneshiro will get some attention.
She even sings in the movie and she has a wonderful voice.

darkcloudt2

Post by darkcloudt2 » Feb 9th, '08, 11:46

Hi, hope someone can help me :unsure:

The series I am looking for is about a taxi driver/ home decorator (I forgot which or even if I am remembering this bit correctly) that gets into a car crash because of his fare and dies... but it turns out that it wasn't his turn to die and the death god (its a girl) made a mistake, they give him the body of his fare and he has to pretend to be him and the death god helps him.
Also his wife comes looking for a job at his work place and the guy whose body he has taken wants it back.

purple*princess

Post by purple*princess » Feb 11th, '08, 10:11

Akujin8 wrote:I was thinking the other day about a chinese cop series i watched when i was a kid. I dont remember the name but i remember that the main charactor of the show (a guy) had the ability to move his guy with his mind and had someone teach him how to better control it. Also toward the end of the series theres was another person that took pills to gain the same abilitys.. Anyone know the name of the show? and where to download it?
I think this is the TVB drama "Being Rich" (富貴超人) with Roger Kwok, Margie Tsang and Liu Wai Hung.

purple*princess

Post by purple*princess » Feb 11th, '08, 10:22

darkcloudt2 wrote:Hi, hope someone can help me :unsure:

The series I am looking for is about a taxi driver/ home decorator (I forgot which or even if I am remembering this bit correctly) that gets into a car crash because of his fare and dies... but it turns out that it wasn't his turn to die and the death god (its a girl) made a mistake, they give him the body of his fare and he has to pretend to be him and the death god helps him.
Also his wife comes looking for a job at his work place and the guy whose body he has taken wants it back.
This might be "Crossing Boundaries" (盞鬼老豆) with Liu Wai Hung, Mimi Kung and Hui Siu Hung (HK TVB series).

I only remember this series for its theme song, which was sung by Vivian Lai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DVxcp5KdUc

Hope this is the series you are looking for.

darkcloudt2

Post by darkcloudt2 » Feb 11th, '08, 10:40

purple*princess I don't think that was the series... but thanks for taking the time to look :D

cherio

chinese movie?

Post by cherio » Feb 15th, '08, 21:28

okay,
its a chinese movie made around 1999-2004
its kind of based on a cinderalla theme.
i think stephan chow or something like that is in it.

cherio

Post by cherio » Feb 15th, '08, 21:31

there's this one chinese movie..
i really dont remember how it goes but
there's this one guy and he somehow dies.
when he goes to heaven he gets another chance to come back to life.
when he is back into life the only thing that can keep him alive is drinking
7 up. something like that??

so i want to know the name of it..

rainbowtonight

Post by rainbowtonight » Feb 22nd, '08, 14:50

I'm looking for a very old drama which was set in Shanghai. It's name in my home language is something like " A story about a Shanghai family". It revolves around a girl who looses her father in an accident. And then, she grows up in an another family which has 4 boys. The adultes in the house keep thinking that she's a "comet " or something, because they belive It was her who brought bad luck to the family. I think, all the 4 will fall in love with her later...And then there's some war time...In the end, the girl has a store where she sells some chinese dress..At the very last minute of the serie, when the war's over, she sees her lover ( she thought he already was dead in war ) passing by on the street.
That's all I can remember...I'll appreciate your help.=P
Thank you.

Ragdog

Who is This ?

Post by Ragdog » Mar 2nd, '08, 03:30

Does anyone know the name of this actor and the name of the film in the screen shots?

abraham

Post by abraham » Mar 2nd, '08, 03:50

Masanobu Ando

Battle Royal or Batoru rowaiaru

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/fullcredits#cast

violent and bloody movie. It was a little too violent for me, but the concept was very interesting and new, so the movie was enjoyable. It's one of those movies where it gets you thinking "Would I or Could I do that if I was in the same situation?".

The Gogo yubari girl from Kill Bill is also in it and also the main character from the movies Death Note.
Last edited by abraham on Mar 2nd, '08, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Mar 2nd, '08, 03:53

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ando_Masanobu

Try his other film! Like Space Travelers (2000) :wub: :-)

Ragdog

Post by Ragdog » Mar 2nd, '08, 20:50

Thanks Canon05 and Abraham, for the info on this guy. He very dishy!
I don't much care for blood and violence so I think I'll check out
Like Space Travelers :)

Sugaface

Nakayama Miho

Post by Sugaface » Mar 12th, '08, 16:46

I love Nakayama Miho and I couldn't understand how she didn't have a thread.
She is so beautiful..

I first saw her in a movie called Love Letter. I thought it was an awesome movie and I thought she was a great actress and then I started watching one of her dramas called Love Story. It was short but I loved it! I just got another of her dramas to watch called Love 2000. She also sings and does lots of commercials. I just got one of her CD's and I like it.

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Mar 12th, '08, 20:31

I agree, Shota Matsuda is really a great actor and it's sad that most of the ppl only know him through his role has Sojirô Nishikado in HYD. You should watch Jotei or Liar Game, I really like his acting!

kirru81

Re: Help me plz-Which series is this

Post by kirru81 » Apr 1st, '08, 02:11

autviam wrote:There's this drama that I was in love with as a child and I want to find it again... but I was so little at the time that I completely forgot the name by now. I think it was pretty popular I'm just really want to finally figure out the name. Much thanks if you can help out!!!

1. The plot - describe as much as you can, and be as specific as possible.
Okay so this is just what I remember of the plot from when I watched it when I was 12 or 14 years old so some things might be iffy. And since it was from then I didn't remember any of the characters' names so please bear with me.

- there were two friends.One friend is very kind,generous and good intention. Other one is sneaky,selfish, who don't trust anyone except his friend.
- There are two land say A and B divided. And the one area A which is very hard to enter and also mysterious trap to the people of areas B. these two friends lives in B.But due to adverse conditions the B's government ordered them to kill.Now they don't have any options and ran into the area of B.And fortunately they able to get into A.
- After getting into A land, both will realizes how much peace and love life is in A land as days passes by and they also came to the aware of great kung fu maters there.
- the selfish friend insist the kind one to get to know them and learn kung fu from them. But
kind one refuses. However one of kung fu master who knows Moon palm skill falls in love with kind hearted person. Using this selfish one makes close with another kung fu master who knows sun palm skill.
- After learning sun palm skill, selfish one kill him. and selfish's ones desire to become the kung fu heroes of both land and insist his friend about his desire. However kind hearted one refuses.So there goes split between two friends.
- After learning sun palm skill, he makes life of A people worst by inviting B's people to A land.As days passes by selfish one falls in love with a girl. and that girl too falls in love with him. But as days passes by, when she knows how much selfish he is. She leaves him alone and went....

Thatz all i know, because upto this i saw this story and after wards our channel HomeTV was banned from telecasting. Now this channel doesn't exist anymore.

5. The place of origin (China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore); and perhaps the station it aired on
I watched it while in Home TV channel in India.. Also I watched it in the period of time from 1993-1995 (not sure exactly when) so I think that's about when the show began to air.

6. Ancient or modern
Ancient

7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)

Dunno

8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
1993-1995, still playing in 1997

So here is the images of Selfish friend:lol

Plz mention this fellas name and if possible list the number of series he acted.

And Another series i don't remember the plot but i know this much
-One kung fu master who knows dragon 12 palm skill,
-another one knows snake skill
-another one knows frog skill.
-another one who always use flute but not abled to recall which skill he has:lol

5. The place of origin (China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore); and perhaps the station it aired on
I watched it while in Home TV channel in India.. Also I watched it in the period of time from 1993-1995 (not sure exactly when) so I think that's about when the show began to air.

6. Ancient or modern
Ancient

7. Name of theme song (i know it's a long-shot, but still...)

Dunno

8. Year of production, or maybe decade, if it's older
1993-1995, still playing in 1997

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL HELP!!!
if you find the name of this drama and it is available with eng subs, where i can download it for free please let me know

bochoy

does anyone know who this is!?

Post by bochoy » Apr 3rd, '08, 23:58

i've been dying to know who this is for the longest time!! any help would be much appreciated. arigatou!
Attachments
1183262415296.jpg
1183262415296.jpg (33.55 KiB) Viewed 14024 times

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 4th, '08, 00:19

lol Ive seen this pic posted so much on 4chan :lol

I'd say it's probably just a random asian girl pic that made its way across the internet to make every internet fanboy scream "KAWAII!!"
Last edited by atskv9 on Apr 4th, '08, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

bochoy

Post by bochoy » Apr 4th, '08, 01:03

But there are other ones too!

Gir

Post by Gir » Apr 4th, '08, 03:15

Sauce now!!!

Just kidding :whistling:

groink

Post by groink » Apr 4th, '08, 04:38

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Apr 4th, '08, 04:56

Gir wrote:Sauce now!!!

Just kidding :whistling:
Lawl :lol .....Oh and ofcourse *clears throat* . . . KA-WA-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIH :roll
Last edited by Illanair on Apr 4th, '08, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Apr 4th, '08, 05:02

xDD groink: That article you posted is pretty hilarious! And yes, I agree hands-down that Asian girls love big eyes A LOT. I know, because I'm Asian myself. LOL But mind you, I haven't altered my eyes in any way. =P Those circle lens are the talk everywhere and I guess they do enhance the beauty of some eyes, but others just look really weird and alien/animal-like. -________-

bochoy

Post by bochoy » Apr 5th, '08, 06:16

so it's just a random girl, eh? ah well. she's still cute!

guywalls

help

Post by guywalls » Apr 9th, '08, 00:49

Hi,

I wanted to rewatch a drama I saw on TV (I think it was CCTV) a couple of years ago, but can't remember the title of the drama.

I remember it being set in modern times within a metropolitan area.

Basically the general plot starts with a girl staying with a wealthy family when she was younger and the household is quite a abusive (mainly the mother doing the beatings).

As time goes on the girl grows up and moves away from the family.

The son however was in love with her. The 'grown up' girl then goes on to live in bad conditions and runs a crappy store in the market. By chance the grown up son (whos now a CEO of some sort of company) sees her within a mall and goes to chase her.

Blah.Blah.Blah.

The girl evenually goes blind and the son's mother forbids him to she her or she'll forfeit his position at the family run company.

However Its been a while since I seen it so bare in mind my description may not be that great. But it goes along those lines I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how the drama ended but my aunty said eventually she gets a cornea transplant as one of the main cast dies in a car accident.

Any Ideas on what the drama was called?

Puppet Princess

Re: help

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 9th, '08, 00:56

guywalls wrote:Hi,

I wanted to rewatch a drama I saw on TV (I think it was CCTV) a couple of years ago, but can't remember the title of the drama.

I remember it being set in modern times within a metropolitan area.

Basically the general plot starts with a girl staying with a wealthy family when she was younger and the household is quite a abusive (mainly the mother doing the beatings).

As time goes on the girl grows up and moves away from the family.

The son however was in love with her. The 'grown up' girl then goes on to live in bad conditions and runs a crappy store in the market. By chance the grown up son (whos now a CEO of some sort of company) sees her within a mall and goes to chase her.

Blah.Blah.Blah.

The girl evenually goes blind and the son's mother forbids him to she her or she'll forfeit his position at the family run company.

However Its been a while since I seen it so bare in mind my description may not be that great. But it goes along those lines I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how the drama ended but my aunty said eventually she gets a cornea transplant as one of the main cast dies in a car accident.

Any Ideas on what the drama was called?
Ummm... that would most likely be Stairway to Heaven. Which is actually a Kdrama... and licensed.

guywalls

Post by guywalls » Apr 9th, '08, 01:02

Cheers, you were right. It being on CCTV, I presumed it was a CDRAMA.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 18th, '08, 06:22

Yosuke Kubozuka!! I love that guy!! And what's up with him now? *sigh* I really wish he had stayed as a great, working actor.. now it seems like he's struggling to come back again.. le sigh. I really miss the old, successful, healthy-looking KuboSuke.. (S.O.S, anyone? Kyaaa~ XD)

Really hope he'll regain his status as a great (and working) young actor.

And also, after watching Hachimitsu to Clover, I think the world needs more Ikuta Toma and Osamu Mukai. =)

Naicho

Post by Naicho » Apr 23rd, '08, 23:23

She looks like ueto aya... so kawaiii ... hehe... maybe she is ueto ayas small sister lol ... :P :blink

thaodao

Post by thaodao » Apr 24th, '08, 05:45

Hi. I saw this drama when i was a little girl, about 5 or 6 years ago. It was dubbed in Vietnamese, but i forgot the name. Now i want to watch it again. I think it might be a Chinese drama or a taiwanese drama.

It begins with a girl bumping into a guy at school outside (pretty sure it was high school) and his two other friends.

the girl comes from a well-off family, not like super rich or anything, but her parents are pretty protective of her. The guys come from low-class backgrounds and are three best friends.

Over time, the girl and the guy she bumped into fall in love despite their differences. She ends up moving out of her house to go live with the guy. One of the guy's friend is secretly in love with her.

They all get involved in a gang war. The guy saves this other girl and she immediately falls for him even though he makes it clear he has a girlfriend. Somehow he ends up drunk and the girl he saves sleeps with him, resulting in her getting pregnant.

The guy's true love also happens to be pregnant.

He dies in a fight. At the end, the friend who was secretly in love with the girlfriend offers to raise the kid with her, but she doesn't accept the offer.

The girl that the guy slept with gets revenge by joining the same gang as the killer, then ends up shooting him.

Sad please help. thanks for taking your time to read this.

simonsbabyxd

Post by simonsbabyxd » Apr 24th, '08, 08:53

hi I'm new to this...i would like to find a Taiwan drama in Cantonese its called silence I've tried searching for it at alot of places but it seems to be all in mandarin and i really want to watch it if someone knows where i can download or watch it online please let me know

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 24th, '08, 18:21

thaodao: that sounds really familiar but sadly I can't put my finger on a name.

simonsbabyxd:.... why are you posting in this thread titled "What Is The Name Of This Drama?" when you know the name. You would already have what you want if you used he handy torrent search feature the site offers.

simonsbabyxd

Post by simonsbabyxd » Apr 25th, '08, 00:34

i said i was new to this...so im not sure if i posted in the right section...im sorry i posted wrong

phu

Post by phu » May 16th, '08, 18:40

I need the Chinese title of a drama that's also known as Step Mom. It starts out with the marriage between the "stepmom" and a nice-looking man. They both have two children each (one son, one daughter) who don't get along at first. There's also a grandfather living with them. Later on the father takes an older boy into the family and dies. I think there's also a baby as a result of the remarriage, but he/she also dies. The series ends with the five children all grown up and returning home to the "stepmom."

...I think that's the gist of the series, so thanks for your help.

Edit: Also, I don't know if this is a Chinese drama necessarily, but something I watched dubbed when I was young. I vaguely remember a really cute school girl with long pigtails who grows up as the series goes on. I think she's riding a horse in the opening sequence, but I don't really remember.

lalala123

Post by lalala123 » May 19th, '08, 05:52

Hey, I really want to know what series this is. I know it's Chinese. Li Ya Peng, actor stared in Legend of the Condor Heroes 2003, was it in as the main two twin characters, and I'm pretty sure it's him. He looks young though, a lot like in this picture.

Storyline:

There are these two twin brothers who were separated because the boat they were on went into flames. Their parents died, and they each walked separate paths. One of them became a police officer while the other a serial killer. The police receives a report or something about the serial killer and wishes to capture him, but they found that he looks exactly like the police officer, but the serial killer has a small beard or something, so anyway, the police officer goes under cover as the serial killer. They later talk to each other and find that they are twins and recall the past incident on the boat where their parents grabbed onto one of them (the now police officer) and not the serial killer, him, the serial killer, stating that their parents always liked the police offer better.

Here are some scenes I vaguely remember:

The police officer was laying in a chair while the make-up artist was putting the hairs on his chin one by one stating that it has to be perfectly identical to the serial killer.

Some guy at a higher level than the police offer gives him a file in an office meeting room saying he must memorize all the passwords and any info on the serial killer because it may help when he goes under cover as the serial killer.

The police offer goes to dine with these people as the serial killer and drinks something, those people took his glass and found his figure prints which they sent to the main leader (I think main leader, someone bigger at least) and that person finds that someone is faking as the serial killer, but doesn't tell the people he dined with.

Near the end, the serial killer rides on a police morticycle as the police officer hoping to get in, but the inside people notice that the actual police officer brother always arrive in cars so it has to be the serial killer.

After all that chasing, looking, and whatever else in films, the serial killer is cornered, the police officer and that guy on a higher level both have guns pointing towards the serial killer. The serial killer and his brother, police officer, talk a little, but the police officer doesn't shoot, instead, the guy next to him (the guy on a higher level than the police officer, his boss or something) shoots.

I don't remember anything else, but if you know what this is, please tell me. Thanks.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » May 20th, '08, 23:30

lalala123 wrote:I don't remember anything else, but if you know what this is, please tell me. Thanks.
The series is called Dui Jue (对决) / Duel. It's also known as Fan Kong Xing Dong (反恐行动).

crazylazy_chief

Post by crazylazy_chief » May 27th, '08, 21:49

thaodao wrote:Hi. I saw this drama when i was a little girl, about 5 or 6 years ago. It was dubbed in Vietnamese, but i forgot the name. Now i want to watch it again. I think it might be a Chinese drama or a taiwanese drama.

It begins with a girl bumping into a guy at school outside (pretty sure it was high school) and his two other friends.

the girl comes from a well-off family, not like super rich or anything, but her parents are pretty protective of her. The guys come from low-class backgrounds and are three best friends.

Over time, the girl and the guy she bumped into fall in love despite their differences. She ends up moving out of her house to go live with the guy. One of the guy's friend is secretly in love with her.

They all get involved in a gang war. The guy saves this other girl and she immediately falls for him even though he makes it clear he has a girlfriend. Somehow he ends up drunk and the girl he saves sleeps with him, resulting in her getting pregnant.

He dies in a fight. At the end, the friend who was secretly in love with the girlfriend offers to raise the kid with her, but she doesn't accept the offer.

The girl that the guy slept with gets revenge by joining the same gang as the killer, then ends up shooting him.

I am pretty sure you're talking about The Outsiders starring Dylan Guo, Ady An, and Blue Lan. :-)

rowland

please hlep me with this drama

Post by rowland » Jun 11th, '08, 01:01

okay i watched this drama when i was a little kid so im not sure i remember that well. i do not know any actors or even the title of it. But what i do remember is this...
- there were three guys
- they found each other and eventually formed a team
- one guy could shoot dragons out of him palm?
-another guy could shoot i think beams form each fingertip
- and the last guy i think shoot some sort of chinese symbols?

whatever the case is.. what i remember is that it was this crazy chinese fighting drama, one guy was found in a cave i think. uhm i remember maybe the end of the drama they fight together against something... but it was a huge army. one guy shot his dragons the other dude used him beams and another guy shot his chinese symbols.. k i know this description is probably REAL unclear. but im sure whoever has seen this drama would definately remember.

tammiest

Post by tammiest » Jun 11th, '08, 15:49

thaodao wrote:Hi. I saw this drama when i was a little girl, about 5 or 6 years ago. It was dubbed in Vietnamese, but i forgot the name. Now i want to watch it again. I think it might be a Chinese drama or a taiwanese drama.

I have a gut feeling that you may be looking for The Outsiders. I've never seen it, but I know Ady An plays a girl from a well-off family... that the characters are somehow involved with the triads... that Ady gets raped and becomes pregnant... that there is major character death...

The drama aired four years ago.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Oops, just noticed that crazylazy_chief already answered with the same drama. ^_^*

Sousday

Post by Sousday » Jun 16th, '08, 21:37

I'm looking for the title of a wuxia drama... i can't remember much, just that the main guy is really strong and he has like 3 or 4 girls in love with him.
The female lead is a princess if i'm not wrong and she is not Chinese because she doesn't dress the same way as the other girls. She's is not really good at fighting and but she's good at using poison. (and i don't know why but when i'm thinking about her, the only thing i can see is a spider >.<)
The second girl was at first a good character, then she turned evil when she becomes the lead of her clan. She wears pretty purple clothes most of the time and she has really long nails.
I can only remember that there were a fight scene between the main guy and the second girl near the end (or maybe at the end...)

I know i don't have a lot of information but that's all i can remember.
Also, i think the year of production is between 1997 and 2003, not sure though

Hope that someone can help me,
Thanks ^_^

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 17th, '08, 19:48

Sousday

Post by Sousday » Jun 18th, '08, 23:48

auroragb wrote:Sounds like this one

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Heavenly_Swor ... Sabre_2003
No it is not this one. actually, it was while i was watching hsds 2003 that i thought of the drama i'm looking for >.<

purple*princess

Post by purple*princess » Jun 20th, '08, 16:32

I think it could be the series "Demi-Gods and Demi-Devils" (天龍八部).

There was a TVB version in 1997 and a c-drama version in 2003 (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Tian_Long_Ba_Bu).