What your friends say about your idols

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Yorokobi

What your friends say about your idols

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 8th, '07, 13:17

I know its definatly true for most fangirls here (not sure about the boys) there comes a point where you decide to try and introduce your friends to your fav star and their reactions always come in the mxed variety. Good, bad, funny, downright rude all sorts.

So tell me what have your friends said when you intruduced you idol?

Heres the only example I can think of at the moment. I was in Japan and bought a laminated Arashi picture. I showed it to my friend and was telling her all about them and she asked me which one I liked. I straight away pointed to MatsuJun and said he was my favourite and she just said
"......but you don't think he's the hotest right?"
I was speechless

By the way I posted this in the Japanese forum cause its the one i have most to do with but where do you post a topic that covers all asian stars and not just japanese or korean or chinese etc?

timmynugget

Post by timmynugget » Dec 8th, '07, 19:50

Ha ha poor MatsuJun...

Well I did show my friend a pic of Yamapi and I guess it happened like this:
:wub:

I also showed my other friend a picture of Kim Jeong Hoon and they repiled,
"Are you sure its not a girl?"
T_T

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 19:57

about JE boys : '':O are they gay'' ''they look gay'' (even mom XD) -> ''their eyes brows are really thin/thinner than mine, are they gay''

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:00

Yorokobi wrote:I know its definatly true for most fangirls here (not sure about the boys) there comes a point where you decide to try and introduce your friends to your fav star and their reactions always come in the mxed variety. Good, bad, funny, downright rude all sorts.

So tell me what have your friends said when you intruduced you idol?

Heres the only example I can think of at the moment. I was in Japan and bought a laminated Arashi picture. I showed it to my friend and was telling her all about them and she asked me which one I liked. I straight away pointed to MatsuJun and said he was my favourite and she just said
"......but you don't think he's the hotest right?"
I was speechless

By the way I posted this in the Japanese forum cause its the one i have most to do with but where do you post a topic that covers all asian stars and not just japanese or korean or chinese etc?
timmynugget wrote:Ha ha poor MatsuJun...

Well I did show my friend a pic of Yamapi and I guess it happened like this:
:wub:

I also showed my other friend a picture of Kim Jeong Hoon and they repiled,
"Are you sure its not a girl?"
T_T
same for me XD ''are you sure about liking him???'' ''are you sure he's a HE / straight)

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Dec 8th, '07, 20:02

hahaha,i was in school and there was a picture of yamapi on my memory card and everyone was like click on it.so i did so then they go "who on earth is that UGLY GUY".
i basicaly had a heart attack i felt like crying!!!

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:05

Mrs-Nishikado wrote:hahaha,i was in school and there was a picture of yamapi on my memory card and everyone was like click on it.so i did so then they go "who on earth is that UGLY GUY".
i basicaly had a heart attack i felt like crying!!!
those reactions are really interesting to me XD i can't understand why they think these boys as ''ugly'', ''alien'', ''gay'', ''they all look same''....
maybe i just got used seeing Japanese boys XD

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 20:10

Oohh man, my friends are the harshest critics. They never understood my Asian drama craze. Since this is under the Japanese forum, I'll only post their comments on Japanese stars (but lemme tell you, some of their comments on Chinese/Korean stars are even more harsh):

About Takashi Sorimachi:
"He has leathery skin."

About Yamapi:
"His face is so flat."
"He looks like a girl."
"His eyes are too far apart."
"He looks 12."

About Ikuta Toma:
"His nose is so hawk-like."
"He looks like a terodactyl."
"He's too scrawny."

Personally, I think they're perfect. :wub: So, to each her own.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:13

yingaling84 wrote:
About Takashi Sorimachi:
"He has leathery skin."

About Yamapi:
"His face is so flat."
"He looks like a girl."
"His eyes are too far apart."
"He looks 12."

About Ikuta Toma:
"His nose is so hawk-like."
"He looks like a terodactyl."
"He's too scrawny."
XD your friends are the worst :P mine are not that much harsh, but still rude XD

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 20:15

SP1CA wrote: those reactions are really interesting to me XD i can't understand why they think these boys as ''ugly'', ''alien'', ''gay'', ''they all look same''....
Oh my god, I get that a lot. The "ugly," "alien," and "gay" comments, that is. The alien comment comes from the ones they feel have bulgy eyes. My friends say I have strange tastes. At least at d-addicts, other people have my tastes.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:17

yingaling84 wrote:
SP1CA wrote: those reactions are really interesting to me XD i can't understand why they think these boys as ''ugly'', ''alien'', ''gay'', ''they all look same''....
Oh my god, I get that a lot. The "ugly," "alien," and "gay" comments, that is. The alien comment comes from the ones they feel have bulgy eyes. My friends say I have strange tastes. At least at d-addicts, other people have my tastes.
:thumright: don't worry our tastes are similar :D

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 8th, '07, 20:17

Hahaha, what an interesting topic!

Most of my friends think that all my asian idols look like girls (well sometimes they do!) :/ I think that goes for most japanese idols like Johnny's boys and j-rock dudettes etc.

The best reaction so far was:

My friend looking at my cellphone screensaver of Akanishi Jin dancing : "That's a transvestite, right?" And she was not joking.

I was a bit miffed :/

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:19

jeemka wrote:Hahaha, what an interesting topic!

Most of my friends think that all my asian idols look like girls (well sometimes they do!) :/ I think that goes for most japanese idols like Johnny's boys and j-rock dudettes etc.

The best reaction so far was:

My friend looking at my cellphone screensaver of Akanishi Jin dancing : "That's a transvestite, right?" And she was not joking.

XD travesty?? :cry: no, he's not :D he's the cutest (i think :D)

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:20

but finnish guys are nice,too :P

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 20:21

SP1CA wrote:XD your friends are the worst :P mine are not that much harsh, but still rude XD
They're awful. :lol I gave up emailing pictures of Asian stars to them and making them look at clips on youtube. Everytime I think, "They can't say anything bad about this one," the insults just come flying in. :whistling:
SP1CA wrote: :thumright: don't worry our tastes are similar :D
Glad you understand. :-)

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 20:24

jeemka wrote:My friend looking at my cellphone screensaver of Akanishi Jin dancing : "That's a transvestite, right?" And she was not joking.

POOR JIN! :blink Well, I think he's quite cute.
I actually have a friend name Jin. I showed him a picture of Akanishi Jin, and I said, "Look, your names are both Jin." His reply was, "My effeminate half."

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Dec 8th, '07, 20:27

OMG sp1ca!!!
thats exactly what they said!they tease me now when they are talking about guys they are like "you wanna go out with a japanese guy right?"
or when we are in the bus and a japanese or chinese guy comes in one of my friends goes up to him and says "hi do you know this ugly guy called yamapi??"

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 8th, '07, 20:30

SP1CA wrote:but finnish guys are nice,too :P
Buahaha, sometimes :D

And I agree, Jin is no transvestite. He is just... Girly sometimes. Like the thing about his collarbone and the way he sometimes screams so high pitch 8D

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 8th, '07, 20:35

yingaling84 wrote: POOR JIN! :blink Well, I think he's quite cute.
I actually have a friend name Jin. I showed him a picture of Akanishi Jin, and I said, "Look, your names are both Jin." His reply was, "My effeminate half."
:D great! At least he didn't say Jin was a transvestite :33 Not that I have anything against transvestites! Jin would be the queen of all queens if he someday decided to go that way. (As anyone who saw Yukan Club ep. 8 can remember. He was seriously prettier than me, I swear.)

curlex

Post by curlex » Dec 8th, '07, 20:44

OMG! my friends aree the WORST! (except for two)<.< well one is asina and the oither is japanese-fan-manga-jrock kinda of person but the others are always saying "they look like girls" and that kind of stuff and the gay one but the most worst comment that came to me was abt yunho(uknow):

Me:look look i printed this pic of a guy i like hes soo hot
friend:"sigh" is he asian?
me:yes look hes korean and hes in a group called DBSK and his anme is yuhno(uknow)
friend:i know?i dont know his anme
me:HIS name is yuhno
friend:"burst out laughing and pissin' herself out" whata name im gonna telle vryone abt it its such a gd joke
me:shut up ur soo mean
and now she keeps on brining it up i relly hate her for doing that pple should really appreciate peoples names i mean thats jsut his stage name but still.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:56

yingaling84 wrote:
SP1CA wrote:XD your friends are the worst :P mine are not that much harsh, but still rude XD
They're awful. :lol I gave up emailing pictures of Asian stars to them and making them look at clips on youtube. Everytime I think, "They can't say anything bad about this one," the insults just come flying in. :whistling:
SP1CA wrote: :thumright: don't worry our tastes are similar :D
Glad you understand. :-)
i gave up,too :D but still mention little to know how they react then if it's bad i stop talking, but when it's good i give more information :D
yingaling84 wrote:
jeemka wrote:My friend looking at my cellphone screensaver of Akanishi Jin dancing : "That's a transvestite, right?" And she was not joking.

XD i don't think he's much effeminated :P maybe little bit, but he has a pretty face :D what can he do :D

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 8th, '07, 20:56

Same for me, my friends think they look like girls :unsure: But I do tend to like "pretty" boys and bishies :wub:

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 20:58

Mrs-Nishikado wrote:OMG sp1ca!!!
thats exactly what they said!they tease me now when they are talking about guys they are like "you wanna go out with a japanese guy right?"
or when we are in the bus and a japanese or chinese guy comes in one of my friends goes up to him and says "hi do you know this ugly guy called yamapi??"
XD strange friends, well if i and my friends meet some japanese, probably they will be like ''that girl loves you, would you like to go on a date with or, maybe marry '' XD

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 8th, '07, 21:01

Before I moved to Korea and lived back home in Europe, I had a couple of slightly racist female friends, or perhaps much less racist than they were ignorant. They had the pre-conceived notion that there was no such thing as a hot Asian guy.

But then one day I brought in a photo of a hot Korean actor topless, with his face kind of concealed. All the girls just started drooling on the spot, "OMG, who's this hot babe, so hot!" When I told them he was Korean, they were like :O and pretty much had to change their prejudice that all Asian men were small, whiny, skinny geeks.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 21:05

jeemka wrote:
SP1CA wrote:but finnish guys are nice,too :P
Buahaha, sometimes :D

And I agree, Jin is no transvestite. He is just... Girly sometimes. Like the thing about his collarbone and the way he sometimes screams so high pitch 8D
XD yes, he screams too much at times
jeemka wrote:
yingaling84 wrote: POOR JIN! :blink Well, I think he's quite cute.
:D great! At least he didn't say Jin was a transvestite :33 Not that I have anything against transvestites! Jin would be the queen of all queens if he someday decided to go that way. (As anyone who saw Yukan Club ep. 8 can remember. He was seriously prettier than me, I swear.)
i'm against travesties, nice guys should be straight :P

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 21:07

a_petite_azn wrote:Same for me, my friends think they look like girls :unsure: But I do tend to like "pretty" boys and bishies :wub:
yes, they're bishies :D
Néa Vanille wrote:Before I moved to Korea and lived back home in Europe, I had a couple of slightly racist female friends, or perhaps much less racist than they were ignorant. They had the pre-conceived notion that there was no such thing as a hot Asian guy.

But then one day I brought in a photo of a hot Korean actor topless, with his face kind of concealed. All the girls just started drooling on the spot, "OMG, who's this hot babe, so hot!" When I told them he was Korean, they were like :O and pretty much had to change their prejudice that all Asian men were small, whiny, skinny geeks.
i may try the same XD

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 21:09

once on a show, Kanjani8 boys said Taguchi (after he got his hair dyed into blond) '''you look like Leah Dizon'' XD

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 21:10

Mrs-Nishikado wrote:OMG sp1ca!!!
WAHAHAHAH!!! I can totally relate. My friends are like that too. One of my friends (it's a guy too) said, "That Yam guy is really ugly." And whenever we go out, my friends would tell complete strangers what kinds of guys I like. "She likes scrawny effeminate Japanese boys with puffy cheeks, bulgy eyes, and really long hair." It's pretty embarrassing. :unsure:
jeemka wrote::D great! At least he didn't say Jin was a transvestite :33 Not that I have anything against transvestites! Jin would be the queen of all queens if he someday decided to go that way. (As anyone who saw Yukan Club ep. 8 can remember. He was seriously prettier than me, I swear.)
Jin is definitely a lot prettier than me too. So are most of the Japanese stars actually. I still have yet to watch Yukan Club (no time). But I need to watch it soon. I loved Jin in Anego.

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 21:13

Néa Vanille wrote:But then one day I brought in a photo of a hot Korean actor topless, with his face kind of concealed. All the girls just started drooling on the spot, "OMG, who's this hot babe, so hot!" When I told them he was Korean, they were like :O and pretty much had to change their prejudice that all Asian men were small, whiny, skinny geeks.
Man Rain, especially. Great body. When I watched Full House and other Korean dramas, I love how they incorporate the brooding shower scenes in there. :lol

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 8th, '07, 21:21

Yeah girls, just bring in a photo of Rain or other hot-bodied Asian actors topless, with their Asian eyes hidden behind sunglasses, or bring in a photo of one of the more Western-looking Korean actors topless, like Oh Ji Ho or Won Bin. They'll change their ideas about Asian guys pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, while I think that Korean idols are more universal (because they tend to be more masculine and muscular), Japanese male idols are not universal at all, and will always be perceived as too effeminate and not sexy by Western beauty standards, because the West has a pretty strong phobia against metrosexuality and men aspiring to be pretty. Japanese pretty idols just don't gel well with Western culture.

Personally, I think it's a shame, too. Although I prefer Koreans overall, I also love big-eyed, shaggy-haired, well-dressed, cuuuute Japanese guys like Jin a lot, but I know I'll get much less approval for them from my Western friends than I would were I dating a tall, muscular Asian hunk like Rain or Jang Dong Gun or Oh Ji Ho instead. The West just doesn't understand Japanese beauty.

(speaking of which, there's this ADORABLE Japanese bishie in my Korean language class here in Seoul. He is just the cutest thing ever with his huge eyes, full lips and long hair. I just want him to be my pet or something. :lol )

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 21:26

only the west?? :D well, anatolians don't understand that either :P

Seraphixxed

Post by Seraphixxed » Dec 8th, '07, 21:26

yingaling84 wrote:

Ohmigod. That's priceless! I've managed to get most of my friends hooked onto the dramas as much as I am, but not many of them have gotten into the craze of having pictures up in their rooms. :P As to what they say about them though...I really think Yamapi's rather cute, and my friend agreed but just HAD TO point out that his lower teeth are a mess...which I guess is true. *sobs*

Weird and alien though..I do find myself wishing that some of the jap idols weren't so skinny. Lol~

l-chan

Post by l-chan » Dec 8th, '07, 22:06

hmm i have one friend how understands me and likes the ones i choose she even fights with me ahaha i think we are losers but then yeah i like it at least she fights for them and doesn't say bad things about them.

however, my other friends and family have the same opinions as ur friends, they call them gays and girls and i don't what.. i just hate it but can't help it hehehehe, i guess we have to live with it :P

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 22:21

Néa Vanille wrote:Unfortunately, while I think that Korean idols are more universal (because they tend to be more masculine and muscular), Japanese male idols are not universal at all, and will always be perceived as too effeminate and not sexy by Western beauty standards, because the West has a pretty strong phobia against metrosexuality and men aspiring to be pretty. Japanese pretty idols just don't gel well with Western culture.
I definitely agree that the West has a strong phobia against metrosexuality. It's getting better after David Beckham. Still, David Beckham's pretty toned. My friends and I grew up on stars with rock hard abs, really nice arms, etc. When I watched "Troy" with my girlfriends, they were really happy with Brad Pitt shirtless. :unsure: So, I think they would be more willing to accept Korean stars if I showed them shirtless pictures, but they wouldn't like someone say....Ikuta Toma who is well....very scrawny. And a lot of Japanese stars I like are scrawny.
Seraphixxed wrote:As to what they say about them though...I really think Yamapi's rather cute, and my friend agreed but just HAD TO point out that his lower teeth are a mess...which I guess is true. *sobs*

Weird and alien though..I do find myself wishing that some of the jap idols weren't so skinny. Lol~
Awww.....It's a good thing your friend agreed? I haven't noticed Yamapi's teeth, actually. I'm too entranced by his good-looking face everytime I see him. He doesn't show his teeth often, now that I think about it. In Kurosagi, he's always brooding. :lol

Haha, I think Yamapi is just the right amount of tone-ness. I do wish some of the other stars weren't so skinny b/c they're thinner than me. :-(

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 22:23

yingaling84 wrote:When I watched "Troy" with my girlfriends, they were really happy with Brad Pitt shirtless. :unsure: So, I think they would be more willing to accept Korean stars if I showed them shirtless pictures, but they wouldn't like someone say....Ikuta Toma who is well....very scrawny. And a lot of Japanese stars I like are scrawny.
but in Troy ,Brad Pitt has some extra muscles by computer effects XD

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 8th, '07, 22:26

SP1CA wrote:
yingaling84 wrote:When I watched "Troy" with my girlfriends, they were really happy with Brad Pitt shirtless. :unsure: So, I think they would be more willing to accept Korean stars if I showed them shirtless pictures, but they wouldn't like someone say....Ikuta Toma who is well....very scrawny. And a lot of Japanese stars I like are scrawny.
LOL! Is that right? I had no idea. I thought he seemed more muscle-y than usual. Man, computer effects. They're amazing. :lol

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 22:27

yingaling84 wrote:
SP1CA wrote:
LOL! Is that right? I had no idea. I thought he seemed more muscle-y than usual. Man, computer effects. They're amazing. :lol
yes, he had. and, yes they are amazing :D

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 8th, '07, 23:12

Seraphixxed wrote:
yingaling84 wrote:

Ohmigod. That's priceless! I've managed to get most of my friends hooked onto the dramas as much as I am, but not many of them have gotten into the craze of having pictures up in their rooms. :P As to what they say about them though...I really think Yamapi's rather cute, and my friend agreed but just HAD TO point out that his lower teeth are a mess...which I guess is true. *sobs*

I totally agree! I wish they'd feed the poor boys, especially Kamenashi from KAT-TUN :< I think he has gained some weight recently though, and that's good. Eat eat my little piggies!

I was cracking up when one of my friends (a j-rock fan) commented on Akanishi: "He has always been rather chubby hasn't he?" I mean come on! But I guess she has stared at too many underweight visual kei dudes so her judgement might be a bit umm... clouded.

I think Yamapi is cute too, and he's also got some meat on his bones :3

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 8th, '07, 23:17

yingaling84 wrote:. I do wish some of the other stars weren't so skinny b/c they're thinner than me. :-(
I think Japanese guys are just so skinny in general. I used to date a Japanese guy for about a year and it always bothered me that his waist was smaller than mine! :O :lol However, when it comes to choosing between a skinny guy and a bodybuilder guy, I'd definitely choose the skinny guy, seeing as how I'm not into buff/bodybuilder type guys at all. Beefy guys with huge muscles totally turn me off. Out of all men (reducing them just to their bodies for once XD), I love and admire lean men with non-bulky muscles, like a swimmer or a dancer, the most. :wub:
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Dec 8th, '07, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 8th, '07, 23:19

"Is that a girl?"
except my friends that are into jdramas or JE boys :P.
I don't see many of my female friends ... so i don't have anyone to fangril with :unsure: haha plus i'm getting to "that age" where I should stop fangirling
jeemka wrote:
Seraphixxed wrote:
yingaling84 wrote:

I totally agree! I wish they'd feed the poor boys, especially Kamenashi from KAT-TUN :< I think he has gained some weight recently though, and that's good. Eat eat my little piggies!

I was cracking up when one of my friends (a j-rock fan) commented on Akanishi: "He has always been rather chubby hasn't he?" I mean come on! But I guess she has stared at too many underweight visual kei dudes so her judgement might be a bit umm... clouded.

Jin Chubby? whoa.... i think he's alright.... :wub:
Kame on the other hand is too skinny....
ROFL about that transvestite,comment... I think Lee junki, Ueda, Jae Joong are the only guys that i thought were girls at the first glance

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Dec 8th, '07, 23:24

Well...MOST of my friends like watching Asian Dramas/movies, so it's kinda rare when they ask me "Is that really a guy?!?!" That's when I just give them the evil eye and they know to not even go there. But Once my mom came in and I was watching commercials with Gackt, and she was like "Hey, watcha doing?" and I told her that I was watching a few commercials with this cool Japanese star and she asked me to see it, so at first I hesitated, pretty much knowing what she would say, but let her watch one of his commercials anyways, and at the end of the commercial she was like "Is...that really a guy?" and I told her that yes it is, and there's absolutelly no girl resembelance in him at all and she was like "But he's sooo skinny! A guy shouldn't be this skinny! That's sick." and just walked out. My heart was broken!!! And that's why I never show her ANY of the Asian stuff that I watch anymore! EVER!!! XD So the lesson for today is kids; Don't let your parents see your Idol or they'll critisize the hell out of him/her! =P

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 8th, '07, 23:26

I'm goign to start reading it from now.. hahahasa...
Wel for me... I don't have many friends to start with so i can't say much...>__>
Well i use to have 2 very very good friends but one who liked Johnny's hates anythign japanese becasue she hates me...
my other friend love Malice Mizer and mana.. he is a he that why he doesn't really find JE intresting... but he does watch Dramas.. eh has showed me soem that were weired... liek Fomula 17 and another shonen ai one...
and i have shone him ones that ii liek... but he doesn't becoem a Johnny's fan...

My mom and dad watch them and my mom likes some actors... (Shun, Shota)
My dad thinks it cool that i like Japan...

Since i don't have my old best friend i have felt more of a open chance to meet more peopel.. so i have soem new friends i'm geting into Johnny's that already liek japanese music...

They only time i get critize is by people taht are not mu friends.. they make fun of them... like who that girl.. she pretty.. it makes me angry.. i can't see them as girlly looking...
My Japanese teacher says that Johnny's are gay and i fight with her alot....

But i dodn't ahve friends that reall make fun of them...
acturall... i do.. she love Yamapi but she doesn' Like him..s he says that all japanese gusy are too girlly lookig.. they are skinnier than her and wear nail plosh.. she says that guys can't be liek that...

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 8th, '07, 23:43

Néa Vanille wrote:
yingaling84 wrote:. I do wish some of the other stars weren't so skinny b/c they're thinner than me. :-(
I think Japanese guys are just so skinny in general. I used to date a Japanese guy for about a year and it always bothered me that his waist was smaller than mine! :O :lol However, when it comes to choosing between a skinny guy and a bodybuilder guy, I'd definitely choose the skinny guy, seeing as how I'm not into buff/bodybuilder type guys at all. Beefy guys with huge muscles totally turn me off. Out of all men (reducing them just to their bodies for once XD), I love and admire lean men with non-bulky muscles, like a swimmer or a dancer, the most. :wub:
i don't like body-builders either :crazy: less muscle is always better for me :D

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 8th, '07, 23:47

melonyhappy wrote:"Is that a girl?"
I don't see many of my female friends ... so i don't have anyone to fangril with :unsure: haha plus i'm getting to "that age" where I should stop fangirling

ROFL about that transvestite,comment... I think Lee junki, Ueda, Jae Joong are the only guys that i thought were girls at the first glance
Aaah, I think I should stop fangirling too, but sometimes it's the only joy of my pathetic existence :333 Fangirling can cheer you up so quickly if you have the blues. I've learned to control it though (I don't buy crazy amounts of stuff anymore, like I used to with eeeh for example Spice Girls 8D That was a long time ago but still, you get what I mean?)

And Ueda... He is so pretty it hurts my eyes. (I might have understood my friend a little better if the screensaver had had Ueda on it). Yeah, and same goes for Lee Jun Ki, but I didn't really think that he looked particularily girlish before I saw The King an The Clown.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 9th, '07, 00:14

me o musalls.. hahahaha/... well G2G... see you all in 24 hours... ;___;

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: What your friends say about your idols

Post by mizune » Dec 9th, '07, 00:51

Yorokobi wrote: By the way I posted this in the Japanese forum cause its the one i have most to do with but where do you post a topic that covers all asian stars and not just japanese or korean or chinese etc?
Topics covering mulltiple genres go into General Discussions
Just report the post and ask if you'd like to move it...

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 9th, '07, 01:05

jeemka wrote:I totally agree! I wish they'd feed the poor boys, especially Kamenashi from KAT-TUN :< I think he has gained some weight recently though, and that's good. Eat eat my little piggies!

Jin is so far from chubby. And Yamapi does have meat on his bones. A lot more than he did couple of years back. I like the chubbier him better. :wub: And you're right about Kame. Everytime I see him in a drama, I want to feed him.
Néa Vanille wrote:I love and admire lean men with non-bulky muscles, like a swimmer or a dancer, the most. :wub:
Ditto! Bulky muscles look awkward on a guy.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 9th, '07, 08:52

jeemka wrote:
melonyhappy wrote:"Is that a girl?"

Aaah, I think I should stop fangirling too, but sometimes it's the only joy of my pathetic existence :333 Fangirling can cheer you up so quickly if you have the blues. I've learned to control it though (I don't buy crazy amounts of stuff anymore, like I used to with eeeh for example Spice Girls 8D That was a long time ago but still, you get what I mean?)

And Ueda... He is so pretty it hurts my eyes. (I might have understood my friend a little better if the screensaver had had Ueda on it). Yeah, and same goes for Lee Jun Ki, but I didn't really think that he looked particularily girlish before I saw The King an The Clown.
Spice Girls :D once (actually 2 times) me and my friends became Spice Girls XD guess at the time everbody was making the impersonations of Spice :D those're still nice memories.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 9th, '07, 12:52

Wow I just came up with this thread last night and I come back to find its already got for pages yay!
love all your coments guys its interesting to see how far some people will go in critising their friends idols just cause they dont like how they look

cracks me up though the amount of people who arn't sure about the whole girl guy thing though
I remember a couple of my guys friends staring at a picture of oguri shun on my wall for ages trying to work out if he was a girl or a boy, and shun isnt even one of the ones that really resembles a girl.

I have to admit though, there have been some times while ive been living here in japan when someone will walk past me and leave me thinking "That was a boy(or girl) right........?" sometimes ill even see them again later and discover I was wrong @_@

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 9th, '07, 13:40

Yorokobi wrote: I remember a couple of my guys friends staring at a picture of oguri shun on my wall for ages trying to work out if he was a girl or a boy, and shun isnt even one of the ones that really resembles a girl.
yes, he doesn't look like a girl :crazy: there are some who are more feminine than him.

Shunbaby

Post by Shunbaby » Dec 9th, '07, 14:04

Yorokobi, apparently your friends have not seen this picture of Shun...he is all MAN here :wub: he has filled out nicely since his HYD days :D

jeemka

Post by jeemka » Dec 9th, '07, 17:06

SP1CA wrote:
Yorokobi wrote: I remember a couple of my guys friends staring at a picture of oguri shun on my wall for ages trying to work out if he was a girl or a boy, and shun isnt even one of the ones that really resembles a girl.
yes, he doesn't look like a girl :crazy: there are some who are more feminine than him.
Hahahah, seriously XD

Not one of my friends have said Shun was girly, he is the model example of a manly japanese idol IMHO. Many have said that he looks like a pug though (a small dog with a flat nose like this http://www.pups4sale.com.au/pug_pups_03a.jpg). This always makes me kinda sad :'D

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 9th, '07, 17:22

jeemka wrote:
SP1CA wrote:
Hahahah, seriously XD

Not one of my friends have said Shun was girly, he is the model example of a manly japanese idol IMHO. Many have said that he looks like a pug though (a small dog with a flat nose like this http://www.pups4sale.com.au/pug_pups_03a.jpg). This always makes me kinda sad :'D
pugs are cute but XD i don't think he looks like one :D his nose is little characteristic but doesn't look bad :D

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 9th, '07, 19:10

jeemka wrote:
SP1CA wrote:
Hahahah, seriously XD

This it the most girly picture I can find of Shun
And i think it's because of the background color

how does this guy:
resemble a girl :scratch:

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 9th, '07, 19:50

melonyhappy wrote:
jeemka wrote:
SP1CA wrote: yes, he doesn't look like a girl :crazy: there are some who are more feminine than him.
Hahahah, seriously XD

This it the most girly picture I can find of Shun
And i think it's because of the background color

how does this guy:
resemble a girl :scratch:
in the first one just his lips look girly, not the rest :D he doesn't resemble a girl

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 9th, '07, 20:18

Oh my god. I think Shun is one of the un-girly guys in Japanese entertainment. Maybe it's the role he played? Hanazawa Rui was supposed to be kind of pretty.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Dec 9th, '07, 22:22

hahaha....
i think we all should cary Naked Pcitures of our Idols... hahaha... so that no one can say they are gisl... hahaha... i care aorund pictures of my idols on my folder.... and sove the pictures in peopel faces.. haha.... not really but to my friends yah...
I kinda don't have amny freinds... so>__> hum....
Anyway... I hate peopel calling them gay... becauuse peopel always Juge people by looks... Pretty... girlly looking... must be gay...
It liek me saying "ah... he has glasses and has acne... he a geek and love video games and aschool" it makes me angry... steartypes...
I also love it when these beautiful girls love Japanese guys and these guys try to go after them... asnd they ahve no chance.. hahaa(Aand don't ask what what supose to mean)

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 10th, '07, 00:01

ill see if i can find the picture they were debating over and post it

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Dec 10th, '07, 00:09

If anybody is girly, it's Ueda.......

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 10th, '07, 00:18

it was either this one

or this one

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 10th, '07, 05:34

Yeah, I think Shun's face definitely looks like a girl's in that second pic. He looks like Koyuki!!! :blink

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 10th, '07, 05:53

Egg-chan wrote:If anybody is girly, it's Ueda.......
it's his hair and lips

whoa.. are his eyes teary in the first pic :blink
oh he has nice biceps (i guess since he boxes)

don't you guys feel a little.. i don' know.. lebsianish/bi for liking guys that are so feminine? It feels a bit weird.... I have to admit, I do find pretty boys attractive (i even admit it on my siggie)... but one of my guy friend ask me if i was a lesbian or something .... (i have nothing wrong against les. who knows maybe i am bi) :O

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Dec 10th, '07, 06:12

I don't think you have to be a lesbian or bi to be attracted to feminine men. For me, personally, I find the contrast between a girlish face and a masculine body very enticing and interesting, and I am interested in androgynous people in general.

However, I don't think I would want to date a guy as pretty as Ueda. He's prettier than me, and that would make me feel masculine.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 10:28

ueda-chan is so cute XD he looks vulnerable :D but actually he's a boxer :D

look at that one so:

i found it on facebook XD

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Dec 10th, '07, 11:35

haha poor maru

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 13:41

soccer is a manly sport, nee?? :D (i took up that talk recetly XD english with some japanese words)

Utawara 2006-07-09

-ai_mi-

Post by -ai_mi- » Dec 10th, '07, 14:30

oh kawaii jin .. :wub:

um..back to the topic... when i showed my friends pic of NewS

they said..--> which one is the guy? XD .. (when they saw dis pic)
n wen i said both...they juz can't believe it..

but when i let them listen to their songs, they started to like newslike i do.. ..^^

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 15:34

Here's the ugly alien girly boys :P

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 15:47

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 16:04

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 10th, '07, 16:12

However, I don't think I would want to date a guy as pretty as Ueda. He's prettier than me, and that would make me feel masculine.
haha true.... :) the JE boys seem to have nice eyebrows and hair....

-ai_mi- wrote:oh kawaii jin .. :wub:

um..back to the topic... when i showed my friends pic of NewS

they said..--> which one is the guy? XD .. (when they saw dis pic)
n wen i said both...they juz can't believe it..

but when i let them listen to their songs, they started to like newslike i do.. ..^^
ROFL. Tegoshi and Yamapi? but they aren't that girly... maybe your friend isn't used to guys with long hair? I was like that too a couple of years ago....
lol how did this thread turn to a picspam?

here's something i scanned yesterday :wub: I love his "wet hair" look. Jin had the weirdest hair before debut (looked like something females would wear in the 80's)

-ai_mi-

Post by -ai_mi- » Dec 10th, '07, 17:28

maybe your friend isn't used to guys with long hair?
yea i guess so... but i'm glad that now they started to luv news..

yingaling84

Post by yingaling84 » Dec 10th, '07, 21:23

I'm loving the pic spam! Some really hot pictures of Jin, Yamapi, and Ryo. And of course Toma. :wub: (Okay, I don't think anyone could say Ryo or Toma is feminine. They have pretty masculine faces, no?.)
Néa Vanille wrote:However, I don't think I would want to date a guy as pretty as Ueda. He's prettier than me, and that would make me feel masculine.
I agree. A couple of my guy friends have joked that I'm bi b/c I like looking at "girly Japanese boys." But, as much as I am entranced by their looks, I don't think I'd be able to date someone that pretty (like Ueda, for instance).
I still want to feel like I'm the pretty one when I'm in a relationship. :-)

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Dec 10th, '07, 21:50

I love the pictures! Especially those of Jin and Kame :wub:
Yingaling84 wrote:I agree. A couple of my guy friends have joked that I'm bi b/c I like looking at "girly Japanese boys." But, as much as I am entranced by their looks, I don't think I'd be able to date someone that pretty (like Ueda, for instance).
I think the same goes for me. Granted, I love pretty boys, but in a relationship I would not want someone that was prettier than me haha. I've recently gotten into Kat-tun and watching interviews and videos of Ueda...wow. He has this ethereal feminine quality about him that I really love.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Dec 10th, '07, 22:27

yingaling84 wrote:I'm loving the pic spam! Some really hot pictures of Jin, Yamapi, and Ryo. And of course Toma. :wub: (Okay, I don't think anyone could say Ryo or Toma is feminine. They have pretty masculine faces, no?.)
Néa Vanille wrote:However, I don't think I would want to date a guy as pretty as Ueda. He's prettier than me, and that would make me feel masculine.
I agree. A couple of my guy friends have joked that I'm bi b/c I like looking at "girly Japanese boys." But, as much as I am entranced by their looks, I don't think I'd be able to date someone that pretty (like Ueda, for instance).
well, even one of my friends said ''if you wear a suit, you look manlier than them (KAT-TUN)'' XD at that time i was talking about how to get a jon in JE :D maybe a strategy like HanaKimi :lol

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 10th, '07, 23:30

SP1CA wrote:
yingaling84 wrote:I'm loving the pic spam! Some really hot pictures of Jin, Yamapi, and Ryo. And of course Toma. :wub: (Okay, I don't think anyone could say Ryo or Toma is feminine. They have pretty masculine faces, no?.)
well, even one of my friends said ''if you wear a suit, you look manlier than them (KAT-TUN)'' XD at that time i was talking about how to get a jon in JE :D maybe a strategy like HanaKimi :lol
LMAO. if you do get in.. take pics XD