Favorite K-drama quotes

Discuss Korean drama series here.
JlovesVan

Favorite K-drama quotes

Post by JlovesVan » Dec 24th, '07, 00:07

I don't know about you guys, but I get many pearls of wisdom out of K-dramas. I was actually telling someone I know about this just recently when I thought that it should be a thread discussion. Has anyone had a great quote from a k-drama stick with them or give you some great personal insight? One I really love is from "I'm sorry I love you" when So Ji Sub's character says

"Some people treat others like gum, they chew it until all the sweetness is gone and then throw it away"

This one really stuck with me for some reason. It was a great analogy for some people that just like to take and never give. There were other great ones from this drama as well. Anyone else have any?

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Dec 24th, '07, 00:19

The kdrama SOULMATE had the best quote.

Ep. 3
"Just like how your legs get tired after walking a while, your feelings get tired after loving for a long time.But I believe that I will Recover.The three stages of true love are...love, love, and love."

If you watch this music video:
the scene that the quote appears is that the beginning of this video.

From the end of episode 7.

“There’s no such thing as a perfect man or a perfect woman. There are only imperfect men and imperfect women, who come together to make a perfect love.”

Picture of that moment:

JlovesVan

Post by JlovesVan » Dec 24th, '07, 03:04

nophankh wrote:The kdrama SOULMATE had the best quote.

Ep. 3
"Just like how your legs get tired after walking a while, your feelings get tired after loving for a long time.But I believe that I will Recover.The three stages of true love are...love, love, and love."

If you watch this music video:
the scene that the quote appears is that the beginning of this video.

From the end of episode 7.

“There’s no such thing as a perfect man or a perfect woman. There are only imperfect men and imperfect women, who come together to make a perfect love.”

Picture of that moment:
Oh yes!!! definitely!! Soulmate had some of the best quotes out of any drama. I also thought Devil/Lucifer did as well. :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Dec 24th, '07, 18:34

Some quotables. Most of these rank among my favorite dramas too . . .

Thousand Years of Love (2003)

Princess: There are some people whom I won't be satisfied with, even if I took out their livers and chewed them!

MiSa (2004)

If she will comfort me for the time I have left --if you don't hurt me anymore -- I can give up my life right now. I can throw away my hatred and anger . . . I can die quietly. Lord, I make the promise with you.

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid.

Ireland (2004)

People got afraid of the world before they see it. Or, they got afraid of the world because they have no intention of seeing it.

Fashion 70s (2005)

But you can't have everything in the world. I've learned that you have to lose one thing to gain another.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon (2005)

I thought I wouldn't cry over a man again. I thought I wouldn't have to do this after I turned 30. I wouldn't feel my heart skip a beat, or stay up all night to wait for a call, do you know how tiring that is? I just want to find a man who likes me, and not break my heart, I just want to lead a simple life that's all. What is going on, I feel this chill. I am falling for a man again. If only if my heart is a little stronger dad.

Alone in Love (2006)

Fortunes and misfortunes, they keep making appearances. It has nothing to do with our will. Our abilities are too weak. Suddenly one day, like a toy, we become broken. When will change come? When will the end come? When we look back, we will feel empty . . . We cannot help but have to treasure the present moment. Whether we're sad or happy, we live and await on our happiness.

Someday (2006)

Saying you don't know a person is a scary thing to say. It usually means, rather than not knowing a person, you actually don't want to remember a person.

Thank You (2007)

If I have become your miracle, then its because you first awakened my life's miracle. To you, I say.... thank you .

JlovesVan

Post by JlovesVan » Dec 26th, '07, 04:48

Good ones Belleza! It is kind of fun to have all those great quotes in one place. I try to remember them but forget if I don't write them down :)