What do you do to de-stress?

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
jaded20

What do you do to de-stress?

Post by jaded20 » Oct 20th, '07, 04:47

so, i find that i cannot handle stress as well as i should. it just gets me down and depressed leading me to be more unproductive... how do you guys handle the bad days?? do you like to listen to any particular song? or worse, just keep to yourself and keep all those emotions bottled up... this reminds me of a quote from My Name Is Kim Sam Soon:

"One day, the body asked the heart. When I'm hurt the doctor heals it but if you're hurt then who will heal you? Then the heart said, I have to heal by myself. Is it because of that whenever someone is hurt, they have their own special way of healing it? Drinking, singing, releasing anger, laughing, crying, going to trips with friends and talking with them, and running in the marathon... or the worst thing, just ignoring that pain. My way of healing is by making cake and cookies in the morning like right now. Even when my father suddenly passed away, even when a passionate relationship came to an end, I come to the kitchen to cook cake and I was healed from the smell of the baked cake. Can there be another treatment as sweet as this one?"

i don't know how to make a cake .. :-(

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Oct 20th, '07, 05:03

Get someone to bake it for you. Then, all you'll have to do is smell it. ;)

My course of action: denial.

At least for a little while. I'd go eat something good, or take a nap. Then, I'll deal with the problem one at a time--pretending the other ones don't exist--with the newfound energy.

draco

Post by draco » Oct 20th, '07, 05:06

I'm always on denial lol..

but recently I just found out that hitting the gym makes me less depressed..

so yeah I suggest you do a lot of physical activities it will make you feel a lot better. :salut:

o_happyday_872

Post by o_happyday_872 » Oct 20th, '07, 14:20

hmm, i find avoiding it not very helpful... it will only build up, especially if it's something inevitable like exams, where time and study is of the essence. however, taking regular breaks is v impt, to give the mind a break. And between the regular breaks, deal with what's stressing you out. tackle things one at a time and get them done.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 21st, '07, 07:33

Stress? What's that? Seriously, I've never felt like like that even one day of my life. I've always been able to keep my life in-balance, in-check, and in total control. THAT'S how you deal with stress - avoid being stressed.

Some points to make:

1. Never set ridiculous goals for yourself.

2. Never let others form negative thoughts in your head.

3. Don't take sh*t from anyone! Not your boss, not your parents - NO ONE!

4. Don't compete! Of course, if you're VERY sure you're better than everyone else in something, then by all means USE IT to boost your confidence - a sure way of overcoming stress.

5. If you do find yourself being stressed out for some reason, just remember that it is YOU who caused it, and always learn why you let it happen. I find that if I'm aware of the root of my problem, I can handle it. That's why I'm never stressed out - I just never take things personally. For example, "I can't believe I flunked my math class. My parents are going to kill me! But despite the consequences, I can honestly say that I did my best."

--- groink

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Oct 21st, '07, 12:59

I dont get very stressed out as such but I do get annoyed over little things really easily but in order to forget the things ever for a short while so I can relax I like to do sport.
Usually I end up doing it more than my body can handle so I go home collapse into sleep and feel good again in the morning.

diOdio

Post by diOdio » Oct 23rd, '07, 01:21

i like to drive on the freeway and yell my brains out.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Oct 23rd, '07, 01:30

draco wrote:I'm always on denial lol..

but recently I just found out that hitting the gym makes me less depressed..

so yeah I suggest you do a lot of physical activities it will make you feel a lot better. :salut:
exercising releases happy hormones to your brain...it's like a natural high.
I'm not saying exercising will resolve deep rooted issues, but it does help a little.
I also read that if you garden or you do anything with dirt, it makes you more productive and happy. The bacteria in dirt releases chemicals to your brain that stimulate the happy hormones. See...and that is why you don't hear about the Amish killing themselves.

I have the same problem...I'm dealing with it horribly. My body just deactivates and I always feel sleepy. I just sleep it off I guess.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 23rd, '07, 01:37

how do i deal with stress?

"serenity now."

Cub

Post by Cub » Oct 23rd, '07, 14:35

Retail Therapy!!!

OnneQ

Post by OnneQ » Oct 23rd, '07, 15:18

many ways..it works for me but it doesn't mean work for u.u have to find the answer yourself.for me:
1. i drive freely (in the past.i stop doing this years ago aftersince i almost hit a truck.after tat day i become more to cherish my life and stop doing stupid thing dat danger my life)
2. eat and eat (after eating it seem tat i regret it.so i stop doing it too but i still do it sometimes..haha..)
3. listen to music and sing loudly
4. shopping
5. meet friend and talk nonsense and laugh...who cares ppl though u crazy after doing that my heart feel better.

anyway,i dun really stress out nowadays compare to the past.i dun really take things seriously now.tat's why i dun really stress out.take things easy...why take everything so hard and make ur life so miserable.our life is only once and time is running and running.we should cherish every moment of tat.

Noale

Post by Noale » Oct 23rd, '07, 16:07

I don't stress out either these days. I suppose my mind just decided not to.
I used to stress a lot though, which led to many nights of lying panicked in bed, unable to fall sleep. Things I did to lessen it were:

1. Taking a hot bath or shower
2. Reading a book, either in bed, in the bathtub or in a comfy chair
3. Watching mindless cartoons and television shows on tv

However, those things only lessened the stress. They never made it dissapear for good.
What truly made the stress dissapear was this sudden mind/attitude change that I had. I just stopped caring so much and told myself that what other people thought or did, was not extremely important, since they were only, just like myself, tiny little organisms on a tiny little planet in the great and infinite Universe. Furthermore, what I personally find very comforting is writing a book. It's a rather big project, full of made-up characters and storylines. It's a world that I know will never change or dissapear and that I can always escape to, no matter what happens to my own world.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 23rd, '07, 17:03

nophankh wrote: I also read that if you garden or you do anything with dirt, it makes you more productive and happy. The bacteria in dirt releases chemicals to your brain that stimulate the happy hormones. See...and that is why you don't hear about the Amish killing themselves.
Ironically dirt also makes you healthier. I read a few books before that said families with more kids often have less illness because a large number of children drag more dirt into their living environment. And though most people think this would make it unsanitary they actually have stronger immune systems and are less likely to have dormant disease genes become active because of this. Crazy, yeah?

And back on topic.....
It normally takes a lot to stress me out but when I do get stressed I normally shut down for a short while. I pretend noting is wrong but stop being productive and just withdraw from everything until I build the motivation to attack my problems. And then I kick ass. I'm normally best under pressure, how odd.

When I'm in my reclusive stage I usually sleep and watch a drama or something.

jaded20

Post by jaded20 » Oct 25th, '07, 06:05

diOdio wrote:i like to drive on the freeway and yell my brains out.
i love this!!! thanks for the laugh, haha.

nstbgirl

Post by nstbgirl » Oct 26th, '07, 00:19

to de stress i just go out with my friends and go dance the stress off

IndieRockerette

Post by IndieRockerette » Oct 26th, '07, 00:41

The only thing that I'm stressing about now is my relationship and school. I like to de-stress by:

1. Shopping... now this is a HORRIBLE habit! Haha please don't ever do this. It's caused many fights with my parents over how I could spend hundreds of dollars just from a little trip to the mall :\
2. Taking a nice long walk at the beach.
3. Nice relaxing bath, or better yet, a long spa/massage session.
4. Have fun with friends.
5. Listen to some of my favorite bands.

Namida Iro

Post by Namida Iro » Oct 26th, '07, 01:09

I de-stress by reading manga. XD
I don't know why, it doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me. xD
When I no longer have the headache or have cooled down a bit, I'll just see what I can do to overcome the problem.

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Oct 26th, '07, 01:24

I watch dramas-- especially dramas that cheer me ujp like Dal ja's spring- my girll-or full house--

I talk to friends--

I drive around with the music all the way turned up--and sing along--

I read mangas (boys over flowers)--always helps

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Oct 26th, '07, 01:40

My stress usually comes from work.
So I just usually just duke it out with a punching bag and/or practice kendo.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Nov 4th, '07, 06:08

How do you de-stress?....stress? you mean when you feel blah and bored....well you go jogging, walking, hit the gym, read a book, watch dramas/animes, eating chocolate ice cream/chocolate candies or german chocolate cake, go shopping, sleeping, having s*x, drinking red wine with sweet chocolate fruit filling candies....just do what comes natural at the moment :D....

Chabasse

Post by Chabasse » Dec 2nd, '07, 22:33

run -> shower -> sleep -> forget or i just tell someone that i trust and get it out there :lol

xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo

Post by xox-Beautifully-Broken-xo » Dec 3rd, '07, 23:53

Cry a lot, play music, watch movies/dramas/animes, and/or sleep. =D
Eating too, haha... ^^a

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Dec 5th, '07, 20:45

To pass the time of my boredom lately; I talk a lot and listen to lots of music and sing too :-)....

briancharliee

Post by briancharliee » Jan 3rd, '08, 17:49

Take a nice hot soothing bath and turn the lights off and just use candlelight and listen to some relaxing music.

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Jan 3rd, '08, 19:50

A bath, listening to music... Songs that make you happy. I'll try to talk at least a little bit about it~~ And then.. Playing games or watching TV~~ Something where I don't have to think too much~~ Getting some fresh air helps too.
I tend to go to a place that's high up... So I can look down on things. That calms me down so much... ^^
IndieRockerette wrote: 1. Shopping... now this is a HORRIBLE habit! Haha please don't ever do this. It's caused many fights with my parents over how I could spend hundreds of dollars just from a little trip to the mall :\
I second that... XD Shopping is a great way to forget everything...But it's not good for your wallet... >.<

xarien

Post by xarien » Jan 4th, '08, 01:17

Sex.

radee14

Post by radee14 » Jan 4th, '08, 01:25

to de-stress i watch drama...sometimes i sleep or talk to my friends...

djj2234

Post by djj2234 » Jan 15th, '08, 21:42

i will watch movies which are totally stupid....

littlemafia

Post by littlemafia » Jan 16th, '08, 16:36

crying.. watch funny anime.. and funny drama..
drooling at Yamapi and junki.. ehehhe

CatWalk

Post by CatWalk » Jan 19th, '08, 02:41

Check this out!! Yelling AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! as loud as you can in a car! :D

Good luck you all!!

westlake

Post by westlake » Jan 19th, '08, 03:28

Hmmm....to destress? What I would normally do is:

1. Sleep
2. Watch sitcoms
3. Listen to some slow & relaxing music
4. A long hot shower.
Note: Do not over do this. For example.. too much sleep can make you feel lethargic.

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Jan 26th, '08, 02:24

Play my guitar, but it's best if you have a friend, partner or family member you can talk to that is truly trustworthy.

I only watch TV/movies etc... when I'm going to sleep, it's really nothing more than staring at the wall, people just think it's more than that... those actors really aren't in the damn screen lol.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 26th, '08, 02:52

Stress is a part of everyone's life; fact. We usually contribute to the face we have stress, but it'll appear regardless.

But, we all can deal with stress in our own ways.

I love to go do some boxing, work out, or do some grappling... those are always good ways to get stress out of the system.

Sometimes, just going into an open field, and yelling at the tops of your lungs... or singing along with music really loud in the car are things that just make you smile and release a lot of that stress.

Othertimes, stress can overwhlem you to the point where you may not even take joy in or want to do the things that help you to unwind...

That's when it's time to seek help. There are many outlets available to people that don't have effective coping skills... Seeking help is nothing to be ashamed of.

PocariSweat21

Post by PocariSweat21 » Jan 26th, '08, 03:11

For me, I will do room cleaning while listening to my fave song in a loud volume & sing out the stress~ :stress: :note:
I got "My Generation"-YUI & " Answer"- FLOW when I'm stress. :heart:
Or actually :sleeping: over it!!

ayachan2007

Post by ayachan2007 » Jan 26th, '08, 03:57

I de-stress by:

1. crying (I remember from my english HS teacher years ago said that crying is good because it cleanses your soul. Also it lets the pressure on me go away.)
2. writing (I let most of my emotions and feelings out by writing about them, and it makes me feel more relieved)
3. listening to music and sing along
4. exercise
5. reading books
6. reflect about life (it helps me to figure out about my mistakes, why I let things pressure and affect me, and see in what areas I need to improve myself)
7. watch j-dramas

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 27th, '08, 04:09

have to say GYM is the way to go... I remember the days when I go every other day... </3

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Jan 27th, '08, 20:01

Never really thought about this. I guess when I"m stressed, I try to study or read..I don't really know...

yieebo

Post by yieebo » Jan 27th, '08, 21:26

I also collect those Yixing tea pots... tea has some caffeine so maybe it's not too good for stress but i like to brew tea and drink it. I like the the smell and taste plus looking at the color of the tea. I like green tea the most but i just brew it in a glass. That helps me relax. When i first bought a yixing tea pot years ago my mom laughed at me because she thought it was funny that such a simple thing made me so happy lol. I like Longjing (Dragon Well) best, it's not too expensive but tastes good.

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jan 27th, '08, 21:44

Yeah, I do a lot of the stuff already mention when I'm feeling stressed but in all honesty, those really don't relieve stress but postpone it. You might temporarily forget about it or it can relieve some of the anxiety but the only way that I get rid of the stress it to get whatever I'm stressing about resolved by either the passage of time or effort.

Or if you're willing to be a little autistic like me, just let it get you depressed enough so that you become apathetic to the things that is stressing you out. =P Might seem a little weird, but when I'm in one of my depressed moods I completely get de-stressed. But then again, I spend quite a bit of time listening to loud music and staring into space when that happens too but it's give-and-take.

Firehawk

Post by Firehawk » Feb 5th, '08, 05:29

Surprised we haven't seen what people really do when they're stressed, so I guess I'll start?

Masturbate.

pumahmistress

Post by pumahmistress » Feb 6th, '08, 10:10

1. Work out (helsp get rid of all anger issues as well. Try boxing for an hour and you'll come out mellow as a kitty cat)
2. MUSIC! Helps against everything.
3. Sex.
4. Play really loud music in the car and scream along to the lyrics as you drive. Granted all other drivers will think you're having a mental breakdown or just escaped from the local nut house ...but who cares?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Mar 1st, '08, 08:35

It's important to take a mental health day every now and then. I'm actually on sick leave from work right now because I acquired a stomach ulcer >.<

Sometimes it's nice to be out and about with friends.. but usually I find what helps me is to have a day all to myself.
Usually I'll drink beer, order a pizza, and play a video game or watch movies that have a nostalgic value to them. I'll turn my phone off and forget about the outside world for the day.

after that, I'm usually recharged enough to go back and face what I have to face.

sugarush

Post by sugarush » Mar 24th, '08, 20:14

mmmm lets see music and yoga usually do it for me

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mar 24th, '08, 21:48

hacksign wrote:Or if you're willing to be a little autistic like me, just let it get you depressed enough so that you become apathetic to the things that is stressing you out. =P Might seem a little weird, but when I'm in one of my depressed moods I completely get de-stressed. But then again, I spend quite a bit of time listening to loud music and staring into space when that happens too but it's give-and-take.
*nod nod* I usually sing or whistle along to whatever I'm listening to as well (much to the annoyance of anyone within throwing distance ^^) :whistling:

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 25th, '08, 15:03

surf the net!

wlben

Post by wlben » Apr 5th, '08, 07:35

i regularly m*sturbates in my free time...

renxozuken

Post by renxozuken » Apr 15th, '08, 14:06

what i usually do is..
smoking., :)
go play basketball then go sauna accompanied with glass of wine or japanese wine.
chill out by the pool side at night. having good chat with frens..
have lots of sex :)
blast music in my sound proof room. with bose complete audio system...
go dance studio and sweat it out. or do yoga.
after that.. sleep.

well these are really temp solution. the best way to handle stress is to face them like a man..

N-chan

Post by N-chan » Apr 16th, '08, 11:15

I usually de-stress by watching j-dramas or tokusatsu or listening to japanese songs

rikochan

Post by rikochan » Apr 23rd, '08, 16:16

i usually wacht cartoon....

rikochan

Post by rikochan » Apr 23rd, '08, 16:18

laugh is the best medicine. so to de-stress make sure u laugh at your own. hahahahah

nankasento

Post by nankasento » May 5th, '08, 00:07

It usually depends on the amount of stress and the resources available but it's always doing something else or get away from what's giving me the stress.

ekay

Post by ekay » May 8th, '08, 13:51

yeah i stressed a lot :-( n things that i usually do

eat..and eat..and eat...but the expensive ones :mrgreen:
take a walk alone in busy place..roadsides, night market etc. raining day is better..
sleep
talk to someone
scream
*cry*

G'boy

Post by G'boy » May 8th, '08, 16:14

Do a facial, Darling. You will love and feel good about yourself. Stress be gone! :-)

boris7

Post by boris7 » May 8th, '08, 16:24

The stress factor..

1 - 25 = I read a book
26-50 = I go for a run
51-75= I eat food and drink alcohol..
76-100 = I have sex!!!!

Life is just a big Ice cream.....enjoy it while you can!!!!!

ahmster

Post by ahmster » May 8th, '08, 16:58

I just play badminton to ease out stress

alchocoholic80

Post by alchocoholic80 » May 8th, '08, 19:58

I lie on my bed with the lights off while listening to music, hang out with friends or I smoke. Killer habit but it works for me.

StarlightDreams

Post by StarlightDreams » May 8th, '08, 20:23

-Get a stress ball! Or star or any shape really! But you release some stress when you squeeze it, I used one before taking major tests and exams.
- Take your mind off your stress by doing various things. Like watching a drama or anime or reading manga or novels!
-Sleep!
- Listen to your favorite music and dance in your underwear!(JK!)
- Eat!
- Stress isn't permanent, it'll go away eventually, mostly likely after what you're stressing is about is over. Find out how to deal with it, like distracting yourself, getting stuff done quicker so you'll have less stress! Just do things that you like to do. Like if you like sports, get some friends together and play a sport, you can all get rid of stress that way.

teamBAKA

Post by teamBAKA » May 8th, '08, 20:43

cut yourself. you'll end up passing out either from the pain or loss of blood. i usually pass out of from loss of blood. either way you end up waking up in a pool of blood and think "wow thats a lot of blood. i gotta clean this s*** up." and when youre finally done cleaning up all the blood, youre good to go.

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 9th, '08, 04:24

go surfing....

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » May 11th, '08, 02:46

Step one: I'd use the time to unwind..

Step two: A pitcher of martinis..

Step three: I'd sip at one whilst relaxing and soaking in the Jacuzzi..

Such would sufficiently mellow me out when faced with a stressful situation..

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » May 11th, '08, 14:30

I'd do one or two of the following:

Smoke
Drive around for a bit
Chat
Listen to music
Watch some random channel on TV
Browse the internet for photos of my favorite actresses (but no, I'm not a naughty guy... lol)
Watch jdramas

Thats basically it. 8)

Deebiddo

Post by Deebiddo » May 13th, '08, 04:02

I usually either go out running for an hour or two or play the piano when I feel stressed. Running does wonders for getting rid of stress; piano not so much as sometimes I find myself too frustrated to play...

ainawy

Post by ainawy » May 14th, '08, 11:09

jump off a cliff Image

leo008

Post by leo008 » May 14th, '08, 22:04

ainawy wrote:jump off a cliff Image
Cheer up dude, can't be that bad :thumright:

I wish I could play the piano, I'd like to do that to de-stress. Punch bag is pretty effective sometimes though.

ryc3

Post by ryc3 » May 15th, '08, 00:54

Music always gets me in a better mood. From time to time video games not really. There's plenty of stress relievers. Hell... Grabbing an MP3 player and just take a walk helps gets your mind off things. :)

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » May 15th, '08, 01:04

stress relieving? hmm, i shoot people....in games. xD but seriously i just go buy myself a bucket of ice cream and stuff the whole thing into my mouth potentially giving me high levels of brain freeze.

ainawy

Post by ainawy » May 15th, '08, 11:45

leo008 wrote:
ainawy wrote:jump off a cliff Image
Cheer up dude, can't be that bad :thumright:

I wish I could play the piano, I'd like to do that to de-stress. Punch bag is pretty effective sometimes though.
cliff jumping is a sport Image

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » May 17th, '08, 04:35

run
read books
watch funny anime

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » May 17th, '08, 19:49

I hit people with a stick (which is also called shinai). Works pretty well.

xplicit

Post by xplicit » May 18th, '08, 01:36

Listen to music
Hangout with friends
Watch anime
Go swimming
Chat

Asellus

Post by Asellus » May 18th, '08, 02:09

When I'm really stressed, the only thing that calms me down is playing video games.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 18th, '08, 06:53

Play... Garena... Defence of the Ancients... :D

xvannie

Post by xvannie » May 18th, '08, 07:02

play piano
watch dramas! :D
do hw to make it one less stress
& look at pretty things [:

zhinsara

Post by zhinsara » May 19th, '08, 05:25

drink 6 shots of Absolut and sleep :D

meredith

Post by meredith » May 29th, '08, 11:06

i dont know for you guys, but for me, if i'm stress i did yoga... :mrgreen: it does help me a lot... my sister teach me hw to do it actually... hehe i love my sis so much. thx sis!! :wub: :D