Time Of Dog & Wolf (MBC 2007)..Staring LeeJunki..

Discuss Korean drama series here.

What Would You rate Time Of Dog & Wolf?

Life-altering
52%
See it
42%
Only if you have time
6%

Total votes: 96

maelin27

Post by maelin27 » Oct 16th, '07, 05:15

I have a question about Chief Jung. Was he really a bad guy? I know that he manipulated several situations, but he's only doing it for the country, right? Well,I wanted Team leader Oh to
replace him anyways

nell123

Post by nell123 » Oct 18th, '07, 11:30

I have to say I was surprised when I found out this drama wasn't a huge hit when it aired.It has everything : good actors, interesting characters and very, very addictive story and it was very well directed.I loved it from the beginning to the end.Seeing this made me a Lee Junki fan and now I can't wait to get my hands on all his movies/dramas .
And I think the rest of the cast did excellent job, including the female lead.However, I found her a bit annoying because of all the stupid things she did, that didn't really fit her character.
May be the scriptwriters didn't bother to develop her character as well as they did the others.
While reading the previous posts I was wondering why do you guys think Soo Hyun and Ji Woo didn't end up together? From what I saw they did. :scratch:
Now that it's over and I've seen all episodes I'm sure I'm gonna miss this drama :-(
I doesn't seem like there's going to be a sequel even though a new villain was introduced to us.Which is a shame because Jung is a perfect bad guy.Much, much harder to get than Mao.
Well, we'll never know anyway...

bean

Post by bean » Oct 19th, '07, 16:03

Lol, chief Jung nt dat bad. I'm not good in explaining thing, but for me he is not a bad guy. N he already get what he deserve when his face burn because of the explosion. :O

Even though this drama aired at the same time with Coffee Prince but i nevr ever watch dat drama, 1st is because i'm a fans of junki and 2nd, i dun really like comedy and romance drama ( bored ).

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 19th, '07, 17:22

Chief Jung wasn't "bad" per se; he was just ruthless . . . and ruthlessly practical.

Time of Dog and Wolf is styled after those Hong Kong crime epics; in those dramas, you're expected to treat the police and the baddies as two sides of the same coin. It's not so much about morality or circumstance as it is a perpetual civil war between the hats and the tats. And, also, the story shares the ethos of a good HK drama -- morality doesn't rule the day, pragmatism does. You must win at all costs, and usually the cost is your moral compass, if not your sanity.

In that sense, both Kim Gab Soo and Choi Jae Sung compliment each other perfectly along that axis.

Gab Soo plays Chief Jung as chillingly, yet charmingly unscrupulous. You can't read him, and yet you know he's reading you. And because you wonder how he sleeps at night, his character makes you question how ethics/morality in being pragmatic/realistic about the goals.

Jae Sung flattens the morality of his character until everything is grounds for pragmatism. You can read Mao, and you can see that this man is frightening, because "the life" is frightening. He wants to have a relationship with his daughter; he wants to groom Kay as his son; he knows at the end of the day that the life has already drawn his lines. If Jung is a wolf by nature, Mao is a wolf by circumstance. And, at this point of the juncture, Jae Sung emphasizes how Mao's ambitions have tired, how he's grown more unrelieved at the disconnect between his professional success and his private loneliness. Even when he's at the top, he looks like a man waiting for the next order, the next problem dished out by his reality that'll make him do another terrible thing. He is, after all, practical about his situation and he knows both the limits of what he can do, and how there's no limits in what he often must do.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Oct 19th, '07, 19:07

I just finished watching this drama. Man it was great. Though I got a bit bored in the middle when they showed too much of love life and too little of action. But in other hand it kept up my excitement cuz I wanted to find out what was Kay up to. They always showed so little of his actions that it was frustrating. Somehow in second part of dram ait lost a bit of it's shine. I dunno maybe it was when
Kay gained his memories
he was so much cooler as a bad guy. But it was funny how so many of his "bad guy" habits remained like chewing the gum and the look in his eyes, that cold smile. Also Ji Woo annoyed me quite a bit in the second part cuz she was clingy and interfered in everything, spoiling things, letting big secrets outta her mouth when she shouldn't have. And hating her own fater like that. I just don't get her.

*spoilers about ending*
However it was a bit disappointinf how many persons died. Oh what a pity. Ma Wu was one of my favoriote characters and his death was too pitful T_T Giraffe guy died too. Man. But he was so loyal. I wonder what happened to Ma Wu's wife. At first I thought she was annoying leecher but it got to me that she really cared about him A LOT! And did Ji Woo ever find out that her dad was dead? I wanna know!

But I kinda want to know what was the deal with mr. Jung. did he really become a mob in the end? like swiching sides or something.

So Soo Hyun did remind as secret agent right? Was he still working for NIS? Arg, why don't I get thsi damned ending?!! Left me so unsatisfied, really frustrating ending.
I'm really sad this drama is over. It's like something good happened (lasted for a long while) and suddenly it's all ower and nothing will be the same again. Ppl grew a bit became vicer. I think that first part of the drama was the best part and ending only so-so. So sad. this drama left a great impact on me.

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 19th, '07, 23:13

he was so much cooler as a bad guy. But it was funny how so many of his "bad guy" habits remained like chewing the gum and the look in his eyes, that cold smile.
In a way, Soo Hyung never really comes back. One of the things Dog and Wolf doesn't really explore is whether "Kay" was a product of his environment, or was he the real dark side of Soo Hyung that was "let out."

Remember, Soo Hyung went into this undercover project with his eyes open. And in doing so, he did choose revenge over his brother and the woman she loves, and he did accept the enormous risks that went into this. He doesn't become a wolf until after his memory lost; but when he does, he stayed a wolf.

And, in doing so, however he resents how Chief Jung used him, Kay and Chief Jung are finally on the same page. And however he sees Mao as all that is evil, he has become effectively the young Mao. And, finally, however he feels toward Ji Woo, he only acts toward her as a wolf would. He loves her with aggression.

And he like being a wolf. In his own way, he becomes a perfect Jung protege, half dog (i.e. the good guys), half wolf (using whatever means possible.) Likewise, Min Ki grows into becoming his father's son. He is thoroughly one of the dogs, ruled by his conscience rather than the goal, and -- to be frank -- made somewhat ineffectual/impotent (as his father was) due to it.

Soo Hyung (like Chief Jung) can do things Min Ki (like his father Jyung Hoo) can't, because he can go into those dark places that Min Ki (like Jyung Hoo) won't. But, alternately, Min Ki brings Soo Hyung back from the darkness; he does have the voice of conscience and point toward justice.
I think that first part of the drama was the best part and ending only so-so. So sad. this drama left a great impact on me.
On strength of plot and action sequences, this is in my top 5 or 6 shows I've seen this year. That said, I felt all three younger leads were miscast. Jun Ki is a good actor, but he doesn't have the experience or gravity yet to convey his character's thirst for revenge beyond showing petulance of an adolescent. That said, he's absolutely delicious playing up Kay's bad boy smirk. Nam Sang Mi doesn't have a well-defined role, and it looks like she wasn't given a lot of direction. I felt Jung Kyung-ho overall was the most consistent, but his character seemed shaped according to whatever the story needed to support Jun Ki's situation. Thus, there just seemed to be gaps with his thinking, but Jung Kyung-ho did a pretty good job making it still work.

Many times watching this, I kinda had two thoughts about the acting. A) I can't believe this kind of Infernal Affairs/All In/Rondo/Election story was not used with the cast of Air City. All three actors in that drama -- scenery chomping Lee Jung Jae, fashionablly tragic Choi Ji Woo, and sardonic Lee Jin Wook -- would have been a perfect match for these roles. B) Lee Jun Ki would have been absolutely perfect in Devil/Mawang as Joo Ji Hoon's character Oh Seung Ha. That character was all about interior rage, and Lee Jun Ki would have chomped at the bit playing such a cypher of a character.

maelin27

Hi Belleza

Post by maelin27 » Oct 20th, '07, 22:43

I really enjoyed reading your explanations about Time of Dog and Wolf. I've seen some of those Korean dramas you've mentioned. What are your favorite series? Can you tell us your top 15 please. I'd like to see more Korean dramas with the same intensity as Time of Dog and Wolf, The Devil, Resurrection, All In, Green Rose. and H.I.T.

bean

Post by bean » Oct 21st, '07, 04:59

I'll just say that junki is lucky coz can get this kind of good script. Erm, but i think Lee Soo Hyun characther suit him. Just my own opinion although he look feminine.

noinimod

Post by noinimod » Oct 22nd, '07, 06:35

Finished this series a few days ago.. Everything about this drama is just great. I felt that lee jun ki played all 3 roles extremely well, also loved mao's acting. He expresses so much in just his body language. would recommend this series to any one. it's the best drama this yr for me. I caught coffee prince as well but there's just not enough depth.

thundie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by thundie » Oct 22nd, '07, 15:17

Hi belleza

I just want to say I love reading your thoughts about the drama. I totally agree with your assessment of Chief Jung and Mao. Great insights. :salut:

thunderbolt

JlovesVan

time of dog and wolf...

Post by JlovesVan » Nov 5th, '07, 20:35

I was late in catching this drama and just finished it Saturday. It is hands down the best drama I have watched this year and that is saying a lot since I loved Coffee Prince. Jun Ki was gorgeous and amazing in this drama, the plot was fresh and the timing of the drama was perfect and not dragging. It kept me on the edge of my seat, somewhat predictable but there was definitely things that happened I didn't expect. The ending felt hanging, so I wish they would make a second season. I think it could be done and done well. I am going to really miss watching this drama. I was invested in all of the characters, everyone did great! If you haven't seen it don't miss it just because it isn't the usual K-drama, it is perfect! :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 6th, '07, 00:02

'd like to see more Korean dramas with the same intensity as Time of Dog and Wolf, The Devil, Resurrection, All In, Green Rose. and H.I.T.
I would too. :D I don't think I've seen any Korean crime drama that really approaches the scale of All In.

The thing is, the most action-oriented dramas are the historical dramas, and in fact you'll find big overlap between the writers who do the action dramas and those who do historical dramas. So, the two easy ones to recommend are Damo (which is only 14 episodes) and Jumong, which has grand battle/fighting sequences.

You can tell that the scriptwriters of All In and Damo did Jumong. If you strip away the costumes, what you really have is a cross between King Lear and a mob drama. And Damo is especially noted for fusion elements that overlap into wuxia-style as well as filmic effects. And, of course, there's the Legend.

You may want to give Sandglass a shot.

castor13

Post by castor13 » Nov 28th, '07, 02:51

warning some spoilers below.. i don't hate this drama im just dissapointed..
im sorry i don't feel joon ki acting gangster although he was good at my girl acting as rich boastful, i also feel Jung Kyung Ho great acting wasted, it's ok if u say u recommend to watch this drama coz u like/idol joon ki, nam sang mi or jung ho, but don't say u recommend to watch this becoz of the great storyline.

i rate this 5/10 coz of the story quite corny,not just the story but the script, although the love story and the PLOT is catchy but once reveal u will keep thinkin "WHY did he do that? WHY did he kill that? WHY did he say that? WHY did rusian mafia need these stupid drugs?" WHY WHY WHY, u will feel a lil bit curious and stupid i swear to GOD

i only watched this coz of beautiful Nam Sang Mi and Jung Kyung Ho, im a Gangster High fan. so all fan of violence if u don't want to feel stupid dont watch this drama... im quite dissapointed why do they make these kind of gangster vs. cops thing so dumb it doesnt feel real, some of the gangster fight scene are stupid, come on why do they don't have gun, like in the warehouse scene, wtf using crowbar? also too many many to mention of those weird and nonsense scene.. other's were already mention by some of u.

Spoilers..
just finished the drama, i don't like the ending, why can't Soo Hyun just die? shot so many times but can still stand, whoever wrote the story sure is crazy, sadly if u watch this drama, u all get excited from the start but as u go on the story is quite corny, i really don't get the concept of fighting here, why do fistfight when u hav gun? why did girafe died, he was far more killer and more like a hitman than Lee Soo Hyun, damn Lee Soo Hyun easily broke his arm? wtf he had other hand he can shoot Lee Soo Hyun down. the girafe guy is far more tougher than Lee Soo Hyun he even easily killed the enemy at the elevator scene.
sorry guys if u think i hate all about this drama, but im not, im just a fan of great korean gangster masterpiece like, dirty carnival, gangster high, my boss student and so many more.

funkindagirl

Post by funkindagirl » Dec 4th, '07, 17:58

^
haha my opinion is the exact opposite of urs.
i think this drama's 'violence/gangster' theme was more convincing than most other types of this genre ive seen...not to mention i hated junki in the painfully annoying role of the rich crybaby he portrayed in my girl. he was totally perfect for this 'tougher' role. brilliant acting from him i think.

and a CORNY STORYLINE?? are u serious??
thought the plot was fantastic. very original story considering the drugs theme has been so overused...from ep 8 onwards there were twists and cliffhangers in every episode...no other kdrama ive watched had me feeling so anxious and excited for the next ep.

and the question like 'why do they russian mafia need drugs?'
its all pretty self explanatory and obvious...FOR THE SAME REASON EVERYONE ELSE WANTS DRUGS..
they're addictive and they're worth a lot of money!

castor13

Post by castor13 » Dec 4th, '07, 19:07

funkindagirl wrote:^
haha my opinion is the exact opposite of urs.
i think this drama's 'violence/gangster' theme was more convincing than most other types of this genre ive seen...not to mention i hated junki in the painfully annoying role of the rich crybaby he portrayed in my girl. he was totally perfect for this 'tougher' role. brilliant acting from him i think.

and a CORNY STORYLINE?? are u serious??
thought the plot was fantastic. very original story considering the drugs theme has been so overused...from ep 8 onwards there were twists and cliffhangers in every episode...no other kdrama ive watched had me feeling so anxious and excited for the next ep.

and the question like 'why do they russian mafia need drugs?'
its all pretty self explanatory and obvious...FOR THE SAME REASON EVERYONE ELSE WANTS DRUGS..
they're addictive and they're worth a lot of money!
hayz you don't get it do u? nway u like this drama? good for u, coz i don't hate this drama too
but what i didn't like is the corny facts tat he was shot several times, from the car scene, **** he still alive and has no bullet wound from tat he just loses his memory, wtf stupid story and also the last part, as i said b4, he also got beaten but still manages to win just by breaking the arm of giraffe? now how is tat possible, giraffe is more a killer than him, also he got shot many times too at the last scene, **** his alive again.. stupid story!
the gangster at the warehouse didn't hav guns, junki shooting at them another stupid scene, and about the russian buying drugs, obviously u hav no idea bout things gangster better read or watch some real gangster stories from the internet, like the cartel,italian mafia,chinese triad,japanese yakuza, etc. educate urself pls, do some research, download and watch the top 10 gangster films. i recommend "City of God" coz in this drama the plot was not gangster at all, it was a gay storyline, a cop that cannot be killed vs stupid gang.
good thing Mao suits the character to the story and i like it, he is very good actor. i really felt his acting so real.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Dec 23rd, '07, 23:30

I just finished this drama like 2 seconds ago and loved it. Once you get past the first 5 episodes, the story becomes intense and it's great.

On the other hand...
I have never been so frustrated by a KDrama ending. Seriously, WTF happened?! :crazy:
I thought for sure Soo Hyun was going to die. He got shot a freakin' hundred times by Ma Wu, plus that last one from the Giraffe. When they showed Soo Hyun after the jump, I was positive it was a long-lost unknown twin (what was up with his hair?!), or an illusion inside Ji Woo's head, or something...but apparently he lived? Not that I'm upset about that. I'm just shocked because even before I started watching TBDW, I had the notion that Junki's character was going to die.

So what happened to his relationship with Ji Woo? Does she think he's dead? Min Ki said something to Soo Hyun about "living under a dead person's name" at the end. What was that about?

Also, Ma Wu and Soo Hyun's father were "best friends", Ma Wu was ordered to set a bomb in his BFF's car and didn't know who he had killed until after it happened; I understand that. Were they really best friends though? Or was their relationship like that of Ma Wu and his "son", Kay? As in, Lee Dong Soo (SH's father) wouldn't have become BFF with Ma Wu if he hadn't been a grey agent for the NIS and pretended to be a member of the Chung faction. I'm guessing they were genuine friends, though, because of how Soo Hyun acted after he found that out. Is that right?
A good explanation would be much appreciated! :-)

Edit: nevermind. watched the ending again...I think I pretty much get it now.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Dec 30th, '07, 23:38

Hope this isn't off-topic, but check out this Big Bang MV:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_Er3x-BJmA

Do I need to get my eyes checked, or is that the actress that plays Mao's wife?

arabian

Post by arabian » Dec 31st, '07, 05:06

fizzlex3mh wrote:Hope this isn't off-topic, but check out this Big Bang MV:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R_Er3x-BJmA

Do I need to get my eyes checked, or is that the actress that plays Mao's wife?
Yes she is, now I remeber where I saw her & the MV is really nice.. :lol

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 5th, '08, 16:03

Ok, I've just completed episode 7 and I feel cheated.
The moment Soo-hyun got rescued from being washed up ashore and didn't know his own identity.....I was like....you're joking me right? He's got AMNESIA??? for crying out loud.
How typical can you get? Not only that, but the whole series so far feels like a replica of Green Rose. In fact, the first 10 or so minutes is exactly the same, scene for scene. How did this drama become one of the top 3 highly regarded dramas of 2007 when it's clearly so derivative? It can't be the acting, because both Lee Da Hae and Go Soo put in much grittier performances than Nam Sang Mi and Lee Jun Ki respectively.

I don't know....I feel a bit jaded, I expected much more than this, and although it is generally entertaining it's just far too typical and pretty much a rehash of what we've all seen before.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 5th, '08, 20:05

Just to let you know, episode 7 is when the show gets good. That's when LJK starts to really turn on his Junkiness. :D

JlovesVan

hee hee

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 6th, '08, 19:07

kobe23 wrote:Ok, I've just completed episode 7 and I feel cheated.
The moment Soo-hyun got rescued from being washed up ashore and didn't know his own identity.....I was like....you're joking me right? He's got AMNESIA??? for crying out loud.
How typical can you get? Not only that, but the whole series so far feels like a replica of Green Rose. In fact, the first 10 or so minutes is exactly the same, scene for scene. How did this drama become one of the top 3 highly regarded dramas of 2007 when it's clearly so derivative? It can't be the acting, because both Lee Da Hae and Go Soo put in much grittier performances than Nam Sang Mi and Lee Jun Ki respectively.

I don't know....I feel a bit jaded, I expected much more than this, and although it is generally entertaining it's just far too typical and pretty much a rehash of what we've all seen before.
You are doing exactly what I did up through episode 7. I was scratching my head thinking "yep, another stereo-typical run of the mill drama" however, the drama really takes off around episode 7. Keep watching because the strongest part of this drama is definitely from there on.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 7th, '08, 13:17

Thanks guys....definitely got better :)

Episode 9 had a couple of minor surprises which I didn't expect.
The part where Min Ki's father got stabbed, I was thinking ... I bet he's gonna be in a coma as he's the only one who could identify the killer, and that he's gonna wake up in the very last episode and clear Soo-hyun's name. but OMG, that actually didn't happen! He died instead, burying the truth with him.
I love it when I'm wrong :unsure:

So yeah, Lee Jun Ki and this drama is really turning it on now, and I hope they can maintain the momentum.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 7th, '08, 18:48

So yeah, Lee Jun Ki and this drama is really turning it on now, and I hope they can maintain the momentum.
Oh, it's a nonstop Infernal thrill ride after Epi 7; the show keeps ratching up the "oh noes!" up through the very last episode. Good luck with the ending though . . . ;)

JlovesVan

:)

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 8th, '08, 00:53

kobe23 wrote:Thanks guys....definitely got better :)

Episode 9 had a couple of minor surprises which I didn't expect.
The part where Min Ki's father got stabbed, I was thinking ... I bet he's gonna be in a coma as he's the only one who could identify the killer, and that he's gonna wake up in the very last episode and clear Soo-hyun's name. but OMG, that actually didn't happen! He died instead, burying the truth with him.
I love it when I'm wrong :unsure:

Glad to hear you stuck it out. I was shocked by that too (and like you I love to be surprised!) Make sure you come back and tell us what you thought (and I liked the ending ;)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 18th, '08, 13:06

Well I finally finished it and I liked the ending too. I like it when an ending manages to surprise me and catch me off guard. It's definitely one of the better endings I've seen in recent times.
When Soo-hyun "got killed" in that last fight I really thought he was dead. The scene with him lying next to Mao was reminiscent of the final scene in Devil / Mawang, which I thought was a huge disappointment. But he survived and continued his work as a dead undercover agent.

So about the question that fizzlex3mh raised early on: "Does Ji-Woo think that he's dead?".At first I thought this was open to interpretation, but then realized Ji-woo decided to study in Paris, where Soo-hyun's next mission was going to be, and she also didn't seem very melancholic, which seems to indicate she's aware of the situation.

I thought the baby thing at the end was kinda cute. I initially thought Ji-woo had Soo-hyun's baby, and then Min-ki came along, and I was like ahhh, them two got together, and then Min-ki's colleague came into the scene.....so yeah, a bit of light-hearted fun at the end of an otherwise intense drama.
A good ending, and pretty fast paced and interesting throughout, but the drama as a whole. still leaves me a bit disappointed. How many times have we all seen the "man thought dead by his girlfriend, takes revenge and can't reveal his identity to his loved one until the end" type of dramas? Far too many times, that's how many. All In did it in 2003, and then Green Rose in 2005 and also Resurrection in the same year.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good drama and it did eventually find its own identity around half way through, but is it really worthy as one of the best 3 dramas of 2007? Is it really worthy of all the accolades and awards? It's hard for me to say since I haven't seen many 2007 dramas, but one thing is for sure, anyone who has seen Green Rose (the drama which it most resembles) prior to this one, would have a hard time appreciating it as much as those who haven't.

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 18:25

Darn.. I thought a wolves and dogs would be invovled in this series. @_@ Everything has to be so metaphoric.. (just like Witch Amusment.. I thought there was going to magical spells or something!)..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 22nd, '08, 13:37

Yeah, and I thought All In was gonna be about Poker!

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 22nd, '08, 19:48

Yeah, and I thought All In was gonna be about Poker!
I thought All In was going to be a romantic comedy about poker. Seeing Lee Byun Hyung with a cowboy hat always makes me laugh! :D

And, yes, I love All In

I thought Time of Dog and Wolf was terrific (and nicely played off Hong Kong-style police drama tropes), just somewhat miscast. Lee Jung Ki, who was great in spots, isn't ready for this kind of role, which requires an actor to really inhabit and do a full turn a la Eom Tae Woong in Rebirth, or Lee Byung Hung in All In.

The magnificently ambivalent Kim Gab Soo and Choi Jae Sung were the highlights of the show, and the story was strongest in riffing off the "two sides of same coin" war between the hats and the rats and letting Soo Hyung play pistol poker with both sides. Que macho!

The show was weakest when they shifted toward romance; Nam Sang Mi (are ANY of the ullzzangs really that good?) still has a ways to go as an actress, and their chemistry was nil.

If you hadn't watched HIT or Air City, then you wouldn't see how Dog and Wolf's style is a continuance of those shows. And obviously if you hadn't watched All In, Green Rose, or Resurrection, then you haven't yet seen the heavy hitters of the thriller genre. So . . . by default, an alpha-male show like Dog and Wolf sits up high in the polls.

As a side note, they're going to remake the Open City movie into a proper drama. If they keep to the femme fatale vs. gritty cop storyline, it should rock. And, yes, this is the perfect role for Song Hye Kyo to make a comeback.

beertax

Post by beertax » Feb 27th, '08, 02:07

Hmm I think the main virtue of Time of Wolf and Dog was how the writer balanced the story. Dog and Wolf was fast-paced, intriguing, and paced from ep.4 on when the guy begins his undercover work. It's great how the pace was maintained all the way to the final episode, with minor surprises thruout. This is certainly not the case with Resurrection, which was several episodes too long, the main plot too convoluted, and the leading lady in that series was totally irrelevant to the main story (unlike the 2nd girl - the newspaper lady). And as for All In, honestly that story was everywhere, intriguing in parts but certainly not as focused and stylish as Wolf and Dog. No comments on Green Rose as it's been too long since I watched it. But I remember the ending of that series being too academic and ruining the pace of the story.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 29th, '08, 12:46

Time of Dog & Wolf is very slick that's for sure, with very nice cinematography and beautiful overseas shoots, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Not that that's a problem, but when you're top three 2007, it becomes a problem :)

As for Nam Sang Mi, I think she did a solid job, nothing great, but it's not like she's the weakest link. She's a very good actress, for an ulzzang anyway. I can't think of any other ulzzang who could do better. Park Han Byul? :D

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Mar 23rd, '08, 09:15

i just done watching episode 4..it was a great story actually...hopefully, the ending was good...eheh

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Mar 24th, '08, 15:40

OMG!!..Lee Jun Ki was totally different+ Great actor :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !!..i like him in Time Between Dog n Wolf...he was Great!!...Chayok :salut: :salut: :salut: !!!...i prefer him to be in short hair..ehehe... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

drkaar

Post by drkaar » Mar 30th, '08, 13:40

belleza wrote:

I thought Time of Dog and Wolf was terrific (and nicely played off Hong Kong-style police drama tropes), just somewhat miscast. Lee Jung Ki, who was great in spots, isn't ready for this kind of role.

The show was weakest when they shifted toward romance; Nam Sang Mi (are ANY of the ullzzangs really that good?) still has a ways to go as an actress, and their chemistry was nil.
Just finished watching this drama... good entertain....

am agree there're some miscast.. but disagree about Lee Jung Ki ..
I thought he did a good act...

I thought miscast and weakness are for the leading lady Nam Sang Mi & co star Jung Kyung Ho..
they can't interpreter they're character into a good frames...
Nam Sang Mi playing too flat.. almost without emotion... so boring...
Jung Kyung Ho... not matching with his role profile... as a agent.. he must be have a taft character and strongest body.. not looks so weakness and skinny...

another weakness are protocol in NIS offices and rules 'code' in mafia organization as a background... I thought there're too far away frm a reality world...
it's so annoying..

besides some weakness above... I've enjoy watching this drama.. especially watching lee jung ki action :thumright:

mist1105

<3

Post by mist1105 » Apr 7th, '08, 09:32

I was actively watching KDramas for four years straight, but after awhile, the storylines got redundant and too predictable so I took a two year hiatus. I kept hearing how great Coffee Prince was so I gave it a try but was extremely disappointed by it. Reluctantly, I decided to give Time between Dog and Wolf a try and I was hooked. I went back to my old ways of having a love affair with the drama of the moment. Each episode had an exciting twist and like many other people mentioned, it reminded me of a HK cop dramas. I did feel that it was a bit OVERdramatized, which is what happens to most KDramas, but I loved the storyline nonetheless. Unfortunately though, around episode.. 10 or 12, the subtitles got kinda iffy, so I had to interpret what was going on, with what the subtitles were saying =/ (Hate it when that happens). I'm definitely a Joon-Ki admirer after watching this drama, wasn't too crazy about him in My Girl but seeing his acting in this one blew me away. :) Some of the problems I had with the drama
was seriously, he didn't die? Cmon. Homeboy was practically shot twenty million times in the series. Might as well name him the new 50 cent. -_-' That was kind of dumb. lol. And I wanted to know whether or not Ji-Woo knows that he's alive. I sensed that she did, because she was devastated the first time he died and was convinced for TWO years that he was still alive. And she looked really relaxed at the end.. so I'm assuming she does? ?_? It might've been teh subtitles though, because it kind of meshed together in the end. =x
I do HOPE there will be a Time between Dog and Wolf but not for the sake of making more money off of a good series, but for the sake of there actually being a good script to film off of. =x