[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
veracious

Post by veracious » Jan 8th, '08, 10:31

I watched Special Lesson 1 last night with my manga novels in hand so I could understand through that and ...
WHOAH. It remains nearly as faithful to the manga as the original drama.. I mean I quite literally could turn the page, and follow the story. Of course this meant that not many things came as surprises... But god it was so sweet and I think the drama shows how much in love Chiaki is with Nodame more plainly than the manga. So all the shippy parts became even shippier. Too cute.

I liked how they included R*S oke as well... Question, though, what did Mine and Kiyora's phone conversation concern? Why did she hang up?

Caffienejunkie - If you're talking about the set that says "Love Concerto" instead of Nodame on the cover (orange covers), I have it, and the subs are mostly pretty good. Some weird errors but if you saw the drama with fansubs, you should be fine with understanding it. Not sure how legal these things are but I'm a lazy fansub burner so I got them and have been satisfied thus far... (My friend has a HYD set by the same releaser - before HYD got licensed - and she says it's started freezing so yeah ... hope my NC set lasts!)

aMishpaN

Post by aMishpaN » Jan 8th, '08, 22:33

where can i watch this w/ subs???/

musotaku

Post by musotaku » Jan 8th, '08, 22:55

veracious wrote:
Question, though, what did Mine and Kiyora's phone conversation concern? Why did she hang up?
About Kyora and Mine:
As I recall, Kyora is very busy practicing for contests, so she hasn't paid as much attention to Mine as he would like. She snaps at him a little bit when he complains about her never having called. (Or maybe she snaps at him because he hasn't yet called her. I can't quite remember which it is now.) Anyway, her contests aren't going so well, and she is slightly ashamed about it, which is part of why she has been out of touch. Believe it or not, although none of this appeared in the manga, it was confirmed in the manga when Kyora reappeared at the beginning of v. 19, which means the dorama makers were on top of the very most recent developments in the manga, perhaps even before they were published.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Jan 8th, '08, 23:05

aMishpaN wrote:where can i watch this w/ subs???/
Nowhere, it just came out last weekend... wait a week or two at least, its like 3+ hours of material, give them some time. Plus they are high quality subbers, the wait will be worth it.

aMishpaN

Post by aMishpaN » Jan 9th, '08, 00:16

jigenbakuda wrote:
Nowhere, it just came out last weekend... wait a week or two at least, its like 3+ hours of material, give them some time. Plus they are high quality subbers, the wait will be worth it.
ohh okay. thanks a lot.. :O)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 9th, '08, 00:22

jigenbakuda wrote:
LOL, it's amazing how many people think subtitles are like ready to serve rolls: throw 'em in the oven and 30 minutes later, they're ready... :lol

nanikore

Post by nanikore » Jan 9th, '08, 00:27

ganbatte subtitle groups! :D

i just finished downloading this and i dont have time to watch it right now so im skimming but... OMG EIJI WENTZ XD XD so cuuuuute~

and of course ueno juri as nodames is always adorable~
i <3 when nodame really gets into the anime and uses that to study french...
watching dorama/anime, now isnt thats how alot of us study japanese? :sweat:
anyway thats all ive seen so far~ :-)

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 9th, '08, 02:46

nanikore wrote:
i <3 when nodame really gets into the anime and uses that to study french...
watching dorama/anime, now isnt thats how alot of us study japanese? :sweat:
anyway thats all ive seen so far~ :-)
i totally agree. i did the exact same thing and when i finally got to japan...my words were a bit weird considering my age and sex. hahahaha but it's really a great way to learn ne.

don't you guys think kuroki-kun (oboe player) got much more cuter in the SP? i totally loved it when
chiaki stormed out of his room when he came back from the tour and saw nodame and kuroki planning a trip together. jealous chiaki is so kakkoi!! and the streetfight was sooooo hilarious but at the same time touching as well.

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Jan 9th, '08, 07:31

wow... i can't wait to see this with subs...

veracious

Post by veracious » Jan 9th, '08, 10:59

musotaku wrote: About Kyora and Mine:
As I recall, Kyora is very busy practicing for contests, so she hasn't paid as much attention to Mine as he would like. She snaps at him a little bit when he complains about her never having called. (Or maybe she snaps at him because he hasn't yet called her. I can't quite remember which it is now.) Anyway, her contests aren't going so well, and she is slightly ashamed about it, which is part of why she has been out of touch. Believe it or not, although none of this appeared in the manga, it was confirmed in the manga when Kyora reappeared at the beginning of v. 19, which means the dorama makers were on top of the very most recent developments in the manga, perhaps even before they were published.
Maybe they've been in touch with the mangaka. I've not read anything about how the mangaka feels about this adaptation but I would assume she's pretty happy with it - it's very faithful to the manga like I said, unlike some adaptations (yes Hana Kimi I AM looking at you!!) that just ignore the manga almost completely.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 9th, '08, 13:20

Hi again Nodame fans, was poking around here for the softsubs, looks like they aren't out yet.
Ganbatte, siantut! <3 you for offering to take up this project. :D And also ganbatte to SARS, u're subbing so many dramas at once.

About the Japanese idealising France, I think they have the same views towards the U.S. too. Japanese seem to look up to the U.S. very much too. They like Western culture a lot. And YES, same here, I think I idealise Japan the same way too. :lol

bmwracer: :lol That was a funny expression abt fansubs. I guess excited people are like that, ne? I can't help it too, I'd be jumping for them... But there's no point to rush 'em cos they're doing us all such a big favour, so we'll just cheer them on~

veracious: I totally agree. I haven't read the Nodame manga but I agree abt HanaKimi, they really changed quite a lot of key things. It's great that Nodame sticks to the original work, it's a form of respect to the creator.

musotaku

Post by musotaku » Jan 9th, '08, 13:58

genkichelli wrote:
nanikore wrote:don't you guys think kuroki-kun (oboe player) got much more cuter in the SP? i
Kuroki has emerged as one of the most important characters in the manga in Paris, perhaps second only to Chiaki and Nodame. I think he is very well cast in the dorama. Sieji Fukushi really looks the part.
His relationship with Tanya (or rather, hers with him) heated up a good bit in v.19.
Having finished v.19 I am now up to date, unless I want to try to find recent issues of Kiss for the absolutely most recent single chapters. Here are my final spoilers.
This volumn spent a lot of time dealing with Kyora, Kuroki, Tanya, and...da-da...Mine. Yes, that's right. Mine turned up in Paris, and his 2-yr reunions (separately) with Nodame and Chiaki are priceless. Except for a couple of opening chapters, Nodame and Chiaki are almost entirely in the background. Indeed, since v. 15 there are often several chapters at a stretch devoted to the others. I have no idea whether this material will make a good dorama special in general, but the reunions with Mine would be priceless, and Ueno would have a field-day imitating Chiaki in the restaurant. :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 9th, '08, 14:44

untitledmelody wrote:bmwracer: :lol That was a funny expression abt fansubs. I guess excited people are like that, ne? I can't help it too, I'd be jumping for them... But there's no point to rush 'em cos they're doing us all such a big favour, so we'll just cheer them on~
Exactly.

They're doing the fansubs out of kindness, so we shouldn't rush (or anger) them by constantly asking when the subs will show up... They'll show up when they show up. :)

It's no easy task by any means: even something relatively simple like proofreading the subs (which I did for Kagayaku Onna - Ueno Juri) takes several days of effort to complete... Outside of one's regular job... :sweat:

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 9th, '08, 15:11

@musotaku: thanks for the great spoilers! i only read them after finishing the special (hehe^^;) and i must admit it filled a lot of the blanks in for me as ive never read the manga.

does anybody have an idea where to get the manga/scanlations online? im sure someone mentioned it but i cant find the post ^^;

musotaku

Post by musotaku » Jan 9th, '08, 20:39

genkichelli wrote:@musotaku: thanks for the great spoilers! i only read them after finishing the special (hehe^^;) and i must admit it filled a lot of the blanks in for me as ive never read the manga.

does anybody have an idea where to get the manga/scanlations online? im sure someone mentioned it but i cant find the post ^^;
Google will give you tons of hits. I hesitate to recommend any particular one because I'm not that familiar with the sites. Also, I am not sure what the policy of this board is concerning information about illegal scans of material licensed in the US. Suffice it to say, in a matter of a couple of minutes, I easily found English scanlations thru lesson 106 and raws thru vol. 19. (Personally, I'm reading tree-based raws purchased from YesAsia.com.)

Here some further reflections the whole Chiaki/Kuroki interaction in the dorama special:
In the dorama they played up Chiaki being jealous of Kuroki alone with Nodame, but that's not how it was in the manga. Basically they were setting up the fight scene on the bridge, and in the dorama they played up Chiaki being jealous as what caused it.

In the manga, Chiaki was in a foul mood because he felt abandoned. He had gotten back to the apartment (the same place he grew up, btw) and no one was there even though he had expected a big welcome. It got him to thinking about how night after night in this very same room he had waited for his father to come home, and how he never did. But since they have completely cut Chiaki's family situation out of the dorama, they needed an alternative explanation. Personally, I think Chiaki knows and trusts Kuroki too well to think he might move in on Nodame. In the manga Chiaki's reaction was more surprise that jealousy when he called home and Kuroki was there.
Ane one final v.19 spoiler.
Mine arrives bearing hand-crafted chocolates made by Masumi-chan for Chiaki for Valentines day. The chocolates are hilarious, spelling out "Chiaki-sama dai dai dai suki" in characters hand-drawn on each heart-shaped chocolate. Chiaki dutifully eats them all.

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 10th, '08, 03:26

^wai wai thanks for the tip! and for the spoilers as well...gotta lurve masumi-chan! ^__^/

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Jan 10th, '08, 07:42

:-) I posted streaming links for Chinese-subtitled Special Lesson 1 and 2 here at my blog,so if anybody's interested,you know where you can watch it.^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 10th, '08, 20:18

meldinsky wrote::-) I posted streaming links for Chinese-subtitled Special Lesson 1 and 2

Yow, that was quick... But I can't read Chinese either. :(

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Jan 11th, '08, 08:10

Neither can I. :( But I'm fine with the wait,I guess. Actually Chinese subbers usually work quicker than their English subbers counterparts,and I've experienced the situation with both Japanese and Korean dramas previously,so I wasn't suprised that it's the same results for the SP. It's times like this that makes me wish I can read Chinese though. :-)

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 11th, '08, 09:00

meldinsky wrote:Neither can I. :( But I'm fine with the wait,I guess. Actually Chinese subbers usually work quicker than their English subbers counterparts,and I've experienced the situation with both Japanese and Korean dramas previously,so I wasn't suprised that it's the same results for the SP. It's times like this that makes me wish I can read Chinese though. :-)
Yes I agree! And they somehow download faster too, IMO it's because Chinese is so widely understood. Nonetheless, Eng-subbed versions released here, esp by SARS are much more HQ so the wait is really worth it. :-)

Gosh, I've already completed the download of the 1st night days ago but I haven't even taken a peek at it. Weird... I was so excited when the download finished. I think I'll check it out now. :D

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 11th, '08, 16:16

untitledmelody wrote:Gosh, I've already completed the download of the 1st night days ago but I haven't even taken a peek at it. Weird... I was so excited when the download finished. I think I'll check it out now. :D

The same thing happened to me. :lol

I finished it few minutes ago. Well, I don't understand Japanese, but a second drama would be much better... and after that a(n) SP... I think they rushed a little bit and that's why lots of things were unsettled.
hmm, anyway this is my opinion, and I liked it! :)
Chiaki is so funny and cute, when he gets jelaous... :D :mrgreen:

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 11th, '08, 17:17

haloo!! my first post in this thread..hehe..just sharing the love for Nodame Cantabile!! i never wud have thought that i wud be crazily addicted to this drama when in the past i wasn't even taking notice of it besides the persuasions from my friends..then finally i was able to watch it and all i can say is that i freaking love it!! i love everything about the drama, the story, the cast, the OST, i've olready watched it for at least 10 times and still my enthusiasm is high for this series! and now that there was the SP, i was very happy about it..even though i don't know Japanese, id still get to watch it via YT..hehe..and now im patiently waiting for the HQ subbed versions of the SP..weeeee!!

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 11th, '08, 17:28

meoinkie2 I love your avatar!!!!

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 11th, '08, 17:59

haloo wuff!! nice meeting you!! hihi..
thank you for liking my avi!! i just really love tamaki!! :wub:

im just wondering about this pic, is this supposed to be in the special?? if it is, i never seen it!! or maybe im wrong..hehe..anyweiz, just asking..lol

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jan 11th, '08, 18:13

@meoinkie2 - yep, that's in the special. it's the night right before the finals, and Nodame asked him whether he like water or juice. HE WAS SO CUTE WHEN HE SAID "O!" *squishies*

Edit: Hmmm... I just realized, which photo did you refer to? The 1st or the 2nd? The 2nd was what I referred to... :lol If you refered to the 1st, I haven't seen that ever, but I think it's a photo from Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (Tamaki's new drama with Ayase).

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 11th, '08, 18:19

thank you for the reply lunargen..demo, i was actually referring to the first pic..hihi..
i love that part too!! chiaki senpai hontou ni kawaii ne?! hehe..lucky nodame!!

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jan 11th, '08, 18:32

@ meoinkie2 - I know!! And he has a lot of work this year too!! I can't wait for my DL of Atsuhime to finish, and for the pilot ep of Shikaotoko to air.... Ahhh more stuff for us to fangirl on <333

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 11th, '08, 19:34

The beta version of the softsubs for Part 1 have been posted at S-projects. It may not be perfect, but Siantut put it up anyway so those who can wait no longer can have at it already. Just don't complain if you find any errors here and there.

Siantut wiil upload the final version here at D-addicts once she has had a chance to rest and do proper QC.

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 11th, '08, 19:46

OMG!

Thank you very much for the great news, but I can still wait, so don't rush so fast Siantut!!! :)

Thanks once more!
:cheers:

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jan 11th, '08, 20:03

Why hello there joeboygo. :salut:

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 11th, '08, 20:08

Hey, happy new year Lunargen. Did you cook a lechon over the holidays?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 11th, '08, 21:40

meldinsky wrote:It's times like this that makes me wish I can read Chinese though. :-)
I'd skip that and wish that I knew Japanese... Then I wouldn't have to worry about the subs at all... :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 11th, '08, 21:47

joeboygo wrote:The beta version of the softsubs for Part 1 have been posted at S-projects. It may not be perfect, but Siantut put it up anyway so those who can wait no longer can have at it already. Just don't complain if you find any errors here and there.

Siantut wiil upload the final version here at D-addicts once she has had a chance to rest and do proper QC.
Hmm, I just downloaded the beta subs and noticed that they're for the 1024X576 x264 version of the SP...

Will they work with the 704x396 DivX version?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 12th, '08, 00:02

bmwracer wrote:
joeboygo wrote:The beta version of the softsubs for Part 1 have been posted at S-projects. It may not be perfect, but Siantut put it up anyway so those who can wait no longer can have at it already. Just don't complain if you find any errors here and there.

Hmm, I just downloaded the beta subs and noticed that they're for the 1024X576 x264 version of the SP...

Yep, they worked fine when I tried them on that version. Just rename them to match. ;)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 12th, '08, 01:11

bmwracer wrote:Hmm, I just downloaded the beta subs and noticed that they're for the 1024X576 x264 version of the SP...

The resolution shouldn't have any impact on the subs, but even slight differences in length (which usually result from variations in the edits of the raw capture, i.e. cutting out the commercials, splicing files together, etc.) will throw the timings way off. Fortunately, it looks like the 1024x576 H264 and the 704x396 Divx versions were encoded from the same raw stream. So they use the same timings.

We know the the 1024x576 H264 and the 704x396 versions work with the subs, so stick with what's tried and true and get those. That should cover about 95% of all people that downloaded raws. If you have some other version for which the subs don't work, then I'm sorry: you are paddling up s#!t creek. :P Ditch what you have and get leeching pronto, because we are not going to help you. Serves you right for going exotic.

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Jan 12th, '08, 05:05

bmwracer wrote:
meldinsky wrote:It's times like this that makes me wish I can read Chinese though. :-)
I'd skip that and wish that I knew Japanese... Then I wouldn't have to worry about the subs at all... :)
:lol You got that one right,but then if I do that,it would also mean I'd have to be wishing that I can speak Korean too(cuz I do watch lotsa K-dramas as well) so the safest bet would still be to be able to read Chinese and get the best of both worlds.. :mrgreen:

Thanks Siantut,looking forward for the final version but like wuff said,don't rush!!Don;t make it lose your rest time! :-) And thanks joeboygo for bringing the news. :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 12th, '08, 05:54

Looks like the subs are working just fine, though I had to run them through Microsoft Word's spellchecker first... :)

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jan 12th, '08, 07:25

Just finished the first episode. It was the greatest!!! Can't wait for the 2nd episode's subs.

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 12th, '08, 07:44

Good job Siantut for having the beta version out this soon. I'll be waiting for the final version though. :-)
I couldn't resist taking a peek at the 1st lesson's, after resisting for so long ( I was thinking that I didn't wanna spoil my 1st impression by watching it unsubbed and then seeing stars *_* ) But yeah, I ended up watching the whole thing from start to end, no fast-forwarding. :lol It was great!
The bra cup size thing was the funniest! :lol I didn't know Chiaki was that kinky, ahem. And Nodame, a D! :O :P
Anyway the ending was such a cliffhanger, gosh. I'm going to download the 2nd lesson now.

expanzee

Post by expanzee » Jan 12th, '08, 07:58

bmwracer wrote:Looks like the subs are working just fine, though I had to run them through Microsoft Word's spellchecker first... :)
Like joe said ... It's beta. Btw joe, buttplug is cute :w00t:

mewific

Post by mewific » Jan 12th, '08, 08:26

yay! i just finished watching the first night using Siantut's beta subs for the first night! it's great! gyabooo!

Marquart

Post by Marquart » Jan 12th, '08, 09:36

I watched 1 lesson yesterday to 3AM, it was so much fun I couldn't go sleep. First watching, then sleeping ^_^. Thanks for subs, they were great.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Jan 12th, '08, 16:04

bmwracer wrote:Looks like the subs are working just fine, though I had to run them through Microsoft Word's spellchecker first... :)
I think there are only 1-2 typos. If there are some things to be corrected, I am sure they will be the French and some music terms, but not the english spellings per se.
If you ran it on an english spellchecker, you will just waste your time seeing all those non-english names, exclamation words, french and german words, the gyabos and the mukyas and the gyahans and such.
As to a few words spoken when Nodame was drunk, the 3 misspellings of "yuko-shyan", "delishyious" etc were intentional because that was the way she pronounced the japanese words too. She was drunk.

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 12th, '08, 16:26

siantut wrote:As to a few words spoken when Nodame was drunk, the 3 misspellings of "yuko-shyan", "delishyious" etc were intentional because that was the way she pronounced the japanese words too. She was drunk.

ahhh, it was a great idea to translate them in this way! :) you're a genious! :mrgreen: thank you again for your hard work!

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 12th, '08, 17:09

arigatou gozaimasu for the softsubs!! hontou ni sugoi!! hihi..

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 12th, '08, 17:23

meoinkie2 I hope you don't mind if I share the video, which you showed me a few minutes ago... it was very good! it was very impressive, how Tamaki could do such a shot with left hand...
so the video: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1434156kmdY6m9W
(it is important from the fifth minutes.)

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 12th, '08, 17:51

wuff, no worries, i don't mind at all!! hehe..much better to share the love for NC!! takenaka-san was also in that show, but i wondered why he didn't go up together with the cast, oh well, i was only able to watch him on the first part..hihi..juri was very cute when she made her shot, being soo thankful for the host as for tamaki, me grinning from ear to ear as i watch him make the shot then waaaa!! i was like a crazy fan clapping and screaming for him when he did hit the highest score!! lol i loved mine in there too!! poor him when he was outcasted..lol

pet family

Post by pet family » Jan 12th, '08, 17:56

anyway, is there anyone who's trying use that siantut beta sub with the 720p version?

is it ok?

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 12th, '08, 18:27

meoinkie2 wrote:wuff, no worries, i don't mind at all!! hehe..much better to share the love for NC!! takenaka-san was also in that show, but i wondered why he didn't go up together with the cast, oh well, i was only able to watch him on the first part..hihi..juri was very cute when she made her shot, being soo thankful for the host as for tamaki, me grinning from ear to ear as i watch him make the shot then waaaa!! i was like a crazy fan clapping and screaming for him when he did hit the highest score!! lol i loved mine in there too!! poor him when he was outcasted..lol

I think the most funniest part was -also-, when Eita felt "ashemed", because he had only 50 points and Tamaki laughed so happily on this. :D :lol waaah, that smile was.... :w000t:
As Juri began to "jump" when she got so much points, I did the same when I played bowling for the first time. :-)

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Jan 12th, '08, 18:29

@ petfamily: Yes it is OK :) You just need to rename the sub's file name exactly as your video's file name.
I have uploaded the Final version on my site.
I should upload it here too soon.

PS: Hi Wuff! :)

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 12th, '08, 19:11

yeah, Hi everyone!

I am sorry for popping in this topic so unmannerly, without greetingÍ! :P

I was just sooo excited... and thank you Siantut for opening this thread!

so once more Hello Everybody!

aka_91

Post by aka_91 » Jan 13th, '08, 04:58

question... is it out on clubbox?

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jan 13th, '08, 05:08

^aka_91: Yup NC Specials are out on CB. :-)

I haven't really watched the first episode yet, but I really like it so far. It's really cute and funny (like always). It's all thanks to siantut that I'm able to watch the first night. :cheers:

pet family

Post by pet family » Jan 13th, '08, 05:24

siantut wrote:@ petfamily: Yes it is OK :) You just need to rename the sub's file name exactly as your video's file name.

wow..
i've never expected to get the answer from siantut himself :D

so it's work for the 720p version..
YAY !!

aka_91

Post by aka_91 » Jan 13th, '08, 05:50

tsurashi313 wrote:^aka_91: Yup NC Specials are out on CB. :-)

I haven't really watched the first episode yet, but I really like it so far. It's really cute and funny (like always). It's all thanks to siantut that I'm able to watch the first night. :cheers:
can yo ugive me a url for one??

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 13th, '08, 06:28

siantut wrote:If you ran it on an english spellchecker, you will just waste your time seeing all those non-english names, exclamation words, french and german words, the gyabos and the mukyas and the gyahans and such.
I've setup the spell checker to accept most of those words as legitimate words, so they'll be ignored in the future... :)

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Jan 13th, '08, 07:20

bmwracer wrote:
siantut wrote:If you ran it on an english spellchecker, you will just waste your time seeing all those non-english names, exclamation words, french and german words, the gyabos and the mukyas and the gyahans and such.
I've setup the spell checker to accept most of those words as legitimate words, so they'll be ignored in the future... :)
First of all, Joeboygo already said it is Beta, and the file description on my site also already said it is Beta. Second, after I checked it again for the Final, I only found that the wrong spellings are only "practicing" instead of "practising", and I think one-two more I forget what. In contrast of those 2-3, there are about 300 non-english words in those 1800 plus lines including the wao, woo, hoo, haaa, etc, that is why I said you were wasting your time because in 24 hours I will upload the Final anyway. But it is your choice if you want to do it. Just please do not write it or give the wrong impression as if I had made a whole lot of mispellings or something when actually they were just no more than 3. Otherwise, I will not upload any Beta anymore on my site, nor will I upload any sub before I am sure not one single spelling nor grammar mistake can be found, and just let everybody wait instead even if it will take weeks and weeks. And a suggestion: please do not download my Beta but wait until the Final is out.

Ainariel

Post by Ainariel » Jan 13th, '08, 15:24

Hi! It'd be a great help if someone could name the songs used in these parts of the series:
Episode 5 - when S-Oke arrives at the festival
Episode 8 - the one with a choir, and the one which plays when Chiaki tells Nodame his memories of the accident (I believe it continues till the end of the episode?)
Thanks a lot in advance! :D

musotaku

Post by musotaku » Jan 13th, '08, 15:54

Ainariel wrote:Hi! It'd be a great help if someone could name the songs used in these parts of the series:
Episode 8 - the one with a choir, and the one which plays when Chiaki tells Nodame his memories of the accident (I believe it continues till the end of the episode?)
Ep. 5: Radetsky March (played every New Years Eve by the Vienna Phil.)

Ep. 8: It is a chorus by Bach. I think it is from the B minor Mass, but I can't remember for sure.

wuff

Post by wuff » Jan 13th, '08, 16:10

Ainariel wrote:Hi! It'd be a great help if someone could name the songs used in these parts of the series:

on this page http://www.punkednoodle.com/nodame/?page_id=74 you can find all the "tracks", which were in the drama. :-)

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 13th, '08, 17:04

siantut wrote: First of all, Joeboygo already said it is Beta, and the file description on my site also already said it is Beta. Second, after I checked it again for the Final, I only found that the wrong spellings are only "practicing" instead of "practising", and I think one-two more I forget what. In contrast of those 2-3, there are about 300 non-english words in those 1800 plus lines including the wao, woo, hoo, haaa, etc, that is why I said you were wasting your time because in 24 hours I will upload the Final anyway. But it is your choice if you want to do it. Just please do not write it or give the wrong impression as if I had made a whole lot of mispellings or something when actually they were just no more than 3. Otherwise, I will not upload any Beta anymore on my site, nor will I upload any sub before I am sure not one single spelling nor grammar mistake can be found, and just let everybody wait instead even if it will take weeks and weeks. And a suggestion: please do not download my Beta but wait until the Final is out.
I don't think bmwracer was being serious about the spellchecker, but minna, please, don't knock the beta releases, not even in jest. Siantut isn't really comfortable putting them up, but her betas are an accomodation she makes for people who are less patient than others. There are few, if any other subbers who will be this considerate of you. Please reciprocate by using all your caution and tact to avoid stepping on her toes, if not for yourself, then for those who want the subs out as quickly as possible.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jan 13th, '08, 17:31

joeboygo wrote:I don't think bmwracer was being serious about the spellchecker, but minna, please, don't knock the beta releases, not even in jest. Siantut isn't really comfortable putting them up, but her betas are an accomodation she makes for people who are less patient than others. There are few, if any other subbers who will be this considerate of you. Please reciprocate by using all your caution and tact to avoid stepping on her toes, if not for yourself, then for those who want the subs out as quickly as possible.
Amen! Translating is exhausting work in any medium and to criticize especially a beta version, jest or not, is totally discouraging to both those exhausting themselves and those happy just to be able to understand what's going on. I'm tired of losing out on opportunities due to those who don't stop & think about how their words could be perceived. How much meaning is brought to dialogue by the actors' expressions & body movements... how little can be brought to words in a forum message even with cute smilies.

Siantut, I hope you can ignore such idiocy and just enjoy what you (and other subbers) do. I, for one, totally reap the benefit and can never thank you enough for bringing sense to something I want to understand. Beta or final, GOOD JOB! And thank you for catering to as many people as you try to do in every project you undertake.

meldinsky

Post by meldinsky » Jan 13th, '08, 17:52

siantut wrote:@ petfamily: Yes it is OK :) You just need to rename the sub's file name exactly as your video's file name.

Thank you so much Siantut!!! :salut: :D This means the world to a non-Japanese speaker Nodame fan like me,and I'm sure for a lot of others as well.I'm going to go and announce it at my blog right now,everybody will be so happy to learn of this! :wub: thanks for the hard work! :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 13th, '08, 22:52

joeboygo wrote:I don't think bmwracer was being serious about the spellchecker, but minna, please, don't knock the beta releases
Actually, I was being serious about the spell checker, but I do that for all the softsubs that I download....

Siantut, please don't take my use of the spell checker as being some kind of insult or knock against you... That's totally not my intent.

I, like everyone else appreciate the tremendous effort that fansubbers put into creating the softsubs, so it would be completely stupid of me or anyone else to bite the hand that feeds us....

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '08, 02:43

sankyu to the funsubbers!!! i was laughing my ass out without the subs.. i was even laughing my ass out harder when the subs came!!! i can't believe eiji wentz was there... and so is becky... OMG!!!! i'll just go kyaaaa.......!!! and Eiji's an Otaku! ack! a very different image in my head. lolz

and its Hiroshi Tamaki's Bday today.. lets give him all the cheer he needs. :cheers:
he was a good actor in Nodame cantabile... love the way he always cries his heart out with the music... (ok.. its a really wet cry. but who cares ne???)
siantut, thanks a lot for the subs!!!

dopeyR12

Post by dopeyR12 » Jan 14th, '08, 03:36

siantut's beta subs are really good.
i've seen final subs that have more mistakes.
thanks for the subs siantut!

joeboygo

Post by joeboygo » Jan 14th, '08, 05:42

bmwracer wrote:Actually, I was being serious about the spell checker, but I do that for all the softsubs that I download....
Good lord, couldn't you be a little more sneaky about it? :pale:

If for just this once think of using the spellchecker on the subs just like dousing ketchup on a dish lovingly cooked up for you - don't let the chef catch you doing it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 14th, '08, 06:29

joeboygo wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Actually, I was being serious about the spell checker, but I do that for all the softsubs that I download....
Good lord, couldn't you be a little more sneaky about it? :pale:

If for just this once think of using the spellchecker on the subs just like dousing ketchup on a dish lovingly cooked up for you - don't let the chef catch you doing it.
Like I said, it's just something I do out of habit and not meant to offend anyone, particularly the fansubbers themselves...

Again, my apologies. :sweat:

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 14th, '08, 13:23

maa, maa...minna nakayoku shiyou ne ^_^;V let's not waste space arguing about the subs...we all really appreciate the time and effort put into each episode by our great fansubbers! gokurousama desu ★ 

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 14th, '08, 15:07

thank you siantut for the softsubs!! just like binibining punkista, the laughter is much more when the subs came!! hontou ni arigatou gozaimasu!! kudos to your hard work!! banzai!!
oopps, i forgot to greet tamaki-kun in this thread..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMAKI!! have a blessful 2008!! keep up the good work!! hoping to see you again in NC season 2!! lol

tamaki mode for now since it's his bday..hehe..

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 14th, '08, 15:23

genkichelli wrote:maa, maa...minna nakayoku shiyou ne ^_^;V let's not waste space arguing about the subs...we all really appreciate the time and effort put into each episode by our great fansubbers! gokurousama desu ★ 
Agreed. :thumright:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '08, 15:51

meoinkie2 ano.. can you hide tamaki's pic in spoiler tags? coz its too large and there are some people who doesn't have fast connections to see the images at ones... sankyu!!!!! i love those pictures though.. he's just plain :wub: :wub: :wub:

horent135

Post by horent135 » Jan 16th, '08, 23:17

with all this fight and stuff of subs, siantut's is thinking to quit subbing for us :(... Anyways, hope there will be ppl encourage her to contiune! cuz everyone loves it

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Jan 17th, '08, 07:44

awww please don't quit siantut! we really appreciate your effort and a lot of people are looking forward to your subs. onegaishimasu ^^

little sev

Post by little sev » Jan 17th, '08, 10:00

Yeah, thanks so much Siantut for subbing for us :)