[Discussion] 1 Pondo no Fukuin - Kamenashi Kazuya

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 10th, '08, 01:17

wheee!!!! 3 more days till the weekend.. and the show... I hope the RAW streamed comes out faster than HachiKuro...
I was freakign out because i couldn't find it streamed...

anyway....
tsi will be good... and the openign song it really good too!!

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 10th, '08, 21:39

2 DAYS

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 10th, '08, 21:43

OH! Kame's new drama!!

*so out of the loophole with the new dramas this season* XD

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 11th, '08, 01:13

yah!!!! only 2 more days... hahaha... i wonder how fast the RAW will be out... i might be crazy at my dad's house if i can't see it.....

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 12th, '08, 03:02

Saturday is here =D!

I wasn't really looking forward to this drama before but for some reason I am now.
It airs in about 9 hours if I'm correct.
Looking forward to downloading this

Forgive me if news was posted, I haven't checked back through the thread, but is someone going to sub this?

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 12th, '08, 03:30

wheeee.... 9 more hour left.. hahahah... ^_^ hope i can watch it before i go to my dad's house...

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 12th, '08, 10:22

cant wait to see it today :cheers: :cheers:

even though i wont understand a thing :cry: :cry:

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 12th, '08, 12:06

watching it HAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAY

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 12th, '08, 13:16

great first episode
i really like Kame's character
this one is going on my definate watching list

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 12th, '08, 13:21

That was fun...

I hate the Kaicho's son; he needs to DIAF.

I hate the fake "I'll move slow to make it look like slow motion"

The story was fun... looking to the eventual matchup with Dragon.

The boxing was horrible... and they really should've tried harder with the make-up...

But, aside from the shortcomings, I really enjoyed it. I think it's been a few seasons since I've had a drama I've wanted to watch.
But... where does he come off asking Sister Angela to just start dating with him... not very bright. Aside from that, I loved the seen where Kaicho was just drunk off her ass.
Anyhows, I swear, I need to start a drinking game for this show... everytime we hear 大食い or 一ポンド, we have to take a swing of liquor.

The preview for next week was fun as well...
And, Hatanaka definitely deserved to be sister-slapped by Sister Angela for asking her to quit the priory
Last edited by hikkichan on Jan 12th, '08, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 12th, '08, 13:22

OMG ITS GR8 EVEN THOUGH I UNDERSTOOD A LITTLE

LOL

THE NUN

SHISTAAA-SAMA XD (sister)

------- thr best part ...is when kame waz running n the nun waz running on the opp side ....... he wanted to hug her demo XD XD XD ............
Last edited by Hanazawa Rui on Jan 12th, '08, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 12th, '08, 13:39

If folks are going to subtitle this, I would be more than tickled pink if they'd translate every time they called Sister Angela ”マリア様" into "Holy Mary, mother of GOD."

I'd just crack up to see a screen shot of that.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 12th, '08, 15:35

hahaha.... you guys whatched it... hahaha.... i cna't wiat to see it... first i will watched the subbed Yuukan Club then ill look for this if i can...

kawaii_kittie

Post by kawaii_kittie » Jan 12th, '08, 15:42

im definately watching it since he n the other casts spent their whole christmas fiming it ='( i saw a vid of kame n he was soo tired n was soo lonely coz he was filming on christmas *it was an interview*

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 12th, '08, 17:50

Yeyeyeye!I can`t wait to see the first episode!I haven`t been this excited since hana yori dango 2 :lol I sure hope it`ll have a good rating!for the other cast too but especially for kame that`s been working so hard to get into this character!*fingers crossed* :thumleft:

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 12th, '08, 19:45

ok, I'm not finished watching it yet but so far it's funny XD I absolutely adore Kame's character here, totally different to his previous roles. He's just so cuteee~ especially when he's around sister Angela lol or his expressions when he tries to resist to food the kids show him ,imao~~ LoL
The chemistry is good, even though I feel sister Angela bit 'older' than Kame.. and I have to admit, her being a nun still bugs me somehow..
I hope in the future episodes, there'll be more developments cuz the the storyline itself is quiet simple ,I can guess how it ends already..
Still 1 thing I complaint about is that it will take time for me to convince myself about Kame's weight.. he doesn't look 'overweight' to me at all -___- oh well..

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 12th, '08, 19:58

Is it up on any clubbox yet?

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Jan 12th, '08, 20:25

I'm watching it right now online.
If somebody would be interested here are the links: part 1 and part 2
Enjoy!

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 12th, '08, 20:33

oooh thank u!
even If idont understand i want to watch a litte bit XD
cant wait for subs!

does anybody know if some fansub will be translating this?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jan 12th, '08, 21:14

Rori wrote:Is it up on any clubbox yet?
it's in kangjegu's:
http://down.clubbox.co.kr/kangjegu/kkp6g

file size, 971.6mb, i think it will be the same file that will be uploaded here.

Philmein

Post by Philmein » Jan 12th, '08, 22:51

i seriously hope the majority of this drama won't focused too much on the boxing, because from the trailer, it looks really, really horrendous. Even with another poster's comments in regards to the boxing justifies it...

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 12th, '08, 23:13

Seems like it's coming out a little slow here...

I can start upping the show next week... although people never seem to download my uploads.

As for the weight, Hatanaka wants to fight at 51kgs... not too hard to go over that limit.

Unfortunately, it most likely will be boxing centric; that's what the story is about.

Anyhows, I also hope that the subtitlers will use "You don't have the balls/sac to...." anytime the characters say 根性ナシ... Hell, even pay homage to Ishibashi in Major League and use "marbles"

Small things like that will really make me happy. :)

--------

And don't feel sorry for the cast about filming on Christmas... Japan has totally bastardized Christmas... I really wish that they would just call it something else. Call it Sex day already... I mean, they already unofficially do. Completely different from actual Christian Christmas...

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jan 12th, '08, 23:28

I'll be the main translator, and I doubt I'll use terms like that. I'll probably stick with gutless. As for Maria-sama, I might stick with Maria-sama or Mother Mary.

Minaro

Post by Minaro » Jan 13th, '08, 00:58

Puszedli wrote:I'm watching it right now online.
Enjoy!
Thank you!!!
Kame was so cute!! *o*

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 13th, '08, 12:39

Yay!i finished downloading and now i`m trying to keep myself away from the raw until later today :lol i`m gonna watch it in the evening....i so can`t wait! :lol And reading all your comments sure made me feel more eager to see it! :w00t: :wub:

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 13th, '08, 13:15

Enjoy!
Thanks for links, wanted to take a peek at it. :roll I'm glad that Kame's starring in this dorama, it's been quite awhile since he appeared in doramas. Was it some sort of a hiatus?
It seems strange that Kame's acting as a boxer... He's pretty skinny to me. Then again, that makes me more curious because it's unusual. :D And yeah some ppl mentioned Kuroki Meisa acting as the nun is weird... I think so too.
I was checking the drama fansub map and it said no one's subbing this, so I'm glad that someone's already volunteered. Arigatou~ :salut:

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 13th, '08, 13:21

untitledmelody wrote:
Enjoy!
Thanks for links, wanted to take a peek at it. :roll I'm glad that Kame's starring in this dorama, it's been quite awhile since he appeared in doramas. Was it some sort of a hiatus?
nope he wasn`t on hiatus,he acted in the musical Dream Boys 2006 and Dream boys 2007 and also he has been busy with kat-tun :scratch: :P But yeah it`s good to have a new dorama with him! :thumleft:

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 13th, '08, 13:27

Oh, Dream Boys! No wonder... Oh yeah, he's also been busy hosting Cartoon KAT-TUN huh... Anyway glad to see him acting again! Love his 'I'm young and suave' expressions. :lol

Am watching the drama online now... The 1st scene is hilarious!
"Takoyaki ga tabetai!" BAM! Down he goes... :lol

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 13th, '08, 13:28

Dream Boys was :wub:
aaah u`re so tempting me with that spoiler !*tries her best to stay away* :unsure:

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 13th, '08, 13:49

lee`s little alien wrote:Dream Boys was :wub:
aaah u`re so tempting me with that spoiler !*tries her best to stay away* :unsure:
:lol Don't open the spoiler if you haven't watched! XD Isn't that boy in school uniform a member of Hey! Say! JUMP? Yamada nanto ka...

Anyways the DramaWiki is outdated... They still haven't posted the ratings of the 1st episode, and it still says "This page is about a verified upcoming drama.". :scratch:

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jan 13th, '08, 14:22

It's Yamada Ryosuke from Hey Say. Takahashi Issei (Iryu) is another hottie on this show.

The drama fansub map should say Massuki and Sailor Spork will be providing softsubs and hardsubs.

We should be putting the project progress update on the website

www.massuki.com

jica

Post by jica » Jan 13th, '08, 15:08

I don't know much about boxing so I think it looks real. And Kame-chan is so adorable just because of all the efforts he puts in his role. I think this character suits him a lot too.

Sister Angela is just to beautiful, and yes she looks Latinamerican. I think their chemistry is good. Love at first sight, that was so cute. She looks mature, but isn't she in fact younger than Kame..?

Hm... I don't really like the boxing scenes, looks like that hurts. A lot. I know, it's only make up, but still... but since the story is about boxing... Well, we might learn something about it. It shouldn't matter that Kame is skinny, why can't he be boxing? I mean, Ueda is skinny too and he's boxing in real life. I think Kame's got some muscles by now. As long as the guys he's boxing with are in the same 'size' as him (since they're supposed to be in the same weight class) that is trustworthy.

I liked the first episode, it was funny and with a lot of cute moments. Overall I didn't see any annoying characters (well, except maybe that nun, what's her problem??). I haven't read the manga yet. Should I wait until the drama finished or read it..? ^^;

And, thanks for subbing this drama!!! =)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 13th, '08, 16:03

untitledmelody wrote:
lee`s little alien wrote:Dream Boys was :wub:
:lol Don't open the spoiler if you haven't watched! XD Isn't that boy in school uniform a member of Hey! Say! JUMP? Yamada nanto ka...

Anyways the DramaWiki is outdated... They still haven't posted the ratings of the 1st episode, and it still says "This page is about a verified upcoming drama.". :scratch:
yep i haven`t watched it yet so that`s why i`m trying my hardest to not read any spoilers :lol about the rating thing...i heard it`s going to be out tomorrow :scratch: :P

Philmein

Post by Philmein » Jan 13th, '08, 21:51

I take back what I said about the boxing technique..
It was pretty realistic and well-done...

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 14th, '08, 01:26

I"m watchign it now.. haha... ANd i think i'm really excited to see Asian.. because i like all thm n it.. hahaha...

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 14th, '08, 14:59

I`ve seen it last night!i`ve got one word for it : AWESOME!
I absolutely love it! Kame`s character is so sweet and so mega funny! :lol And "Shista Angera"is ...crazy :lol And yeah u can feel the chemistry between those two :clap:
It`s going to be a great dorama! :cheers:

Later edit : the rating for the first episode was 15,1%!it`s not too high but it`s not low either! Ganbate 1 pound!!! :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 14th, '08, 23:38

it was funny... thsi is the first time i have seen kame this hyper....

diata_laurel

Post by diata_laurel » Jan 15th, '08, 08:45

lee`s little alien wrote: Later edit : the rating for the first episode was 15,1%!it`s not too high but it`s not low either! Ganbate 1 pound!!! :lol
According to drama wiki, the rating for the 1st episode in Kanto Region is 13.0%, which is quite low and is only 0.1% higher than Hachikuro's (Toma's drama). Why are the ratings so low? :blink

I haven't watched it yet as I'm waiting for the hardsubbed version to be released. I'll definitely watch though. I like Kame and Meisa.

Puszedli

Post by Puszedli » Jan 15th, '08, 09:51

which rating is than true?
according dramawiki is 13 %.

lee`s little alien: where did you get this 15%? It sound a lot better than 13%.
Poor Kame-chan. Usually the ratings will go down and the first ep has the highest.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 15th, '08, 12:26

last night on the japanese wikipedia it was 15.1% :-( they edited it this morning and they turned it into 13% :scratch: it`s strange :scratch:
it is low :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: nandeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? :cry:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 18th, '08, 01:04

Awws. the ratings are low?! T_T; oh wells I like it!!!
Especially that I get to see Kame half-naked during the matches. haha. XD.
Anyways, I just finished watching the first ep!!
It was funny. My gosh. Kame is so hyperrr!! well it sounded like he was. v_v;

Somehow, I can't find it possible for Hatanaka-san and Sister Angela to be together.. cause she's a nun... >_>; But we'll see. And Hatanaka-san is too blunt. v__v;; I would be freaked out if a guy just said "i really really really really like you!!" haha. XD. Kame is so cute.

Can't wait for the other episodes!! :D

Ah.. KAT-TUN's song LIPS is not as great as their other songs. a bit disappointing. but I still like them!! :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '08, 12:17

woop woop!the second episode will be aired soon! :cheers: can`t wait to see it! :wub:

@ xstarl1ght : have u seen the cover jacket for LIPS? :unsure: it looks awfull! :blink

Last edited by lee`s little alien on Jan 19th, '08, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 19th, '08, 12:18

its airing now.... i think it funnny.... and sad....

hahaha.... i messed the fiirst 3 mins of it thou because KeyHole TV wasn't working for me....

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 19th, '08, 12:21

NanaTorigawa wrote:its airing now.... i think it funnny.... and sad....

hahaha.... i messed the fiirst 3 mins of it thou because KeyHole TV wasn't working for me....
u`re watching it online? ii neeeeee! well i think that this time i`ll be a strong girl and wait for the subs to come out!HAAAARD!VERY HARD TO RESIST THE RAW after downloading it! :lol

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 19th, '08, 13:59

second episode was great
im tempted to download this one even though im watching it too
i really love Kame's character so much
he's so funny!!!

Hanazawa Rui

Post by Hanazawa Rui » Jan 19th, '08, 19:41

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: DIDNT SEE IT TODay I HAD TO GO OUT

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 19th, '08, 20:32

i love this episode.unfotuatley i was doign other stuff at the same time not to pay attention to it... but i got what was goign on... will watch it again RAW when i see it streamed....
My favoirt part was the part when yamada was talkign to Kame and kame was only lookign at the bread thing he had... it was fnyn.. yamada was so mean...

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 20th, '08, 01:58

lee`s little alien wrote:woop woop!the second episode will be aired soon! :cheers: can`t wait to see it! :wub:

@ xstarl1ght : have u seen the cover jacket for LIPS? :unsure: it looks awfull! :blink

Oops. I didn't notice that.. XD. It's.. o_o;; I guess they're emphasizing on the lips. >_>;;;
Ah! Can't wait either! :hissy:
lol.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 20th, '08, 16:11

I missed this ... had to cater to an IFSEA meeting last night, so I got home way too late. Cash-money millionaires love to talk...

Anyhows, unless something comes up, I promise to encode and upload next week's show.

I did, however, download the version that was upped here.

Fun episode... the son, that Heisei 7 or whatever the hell he is, still needs to DIAF.
... Hatanaka needs to get his head out of his ass... Yes, I realize he's supposed to be a pure and simple-minded character, but seriously... relationships aren't one-sided.

Of course Sister Angela is going to see him as "Someone who's only out for himself."

Also, asking her to quit the priory... and insulting her by saying it's strange that she doesn't do the things that "normal girls" do. It kind of bother me that she questioned herself after Hatanaka said that.

I did like the analogy between being a boxer and being a nun.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to next week...
... this has been an entertaining two weeks... Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.

Oh!! I also loved that they threw in one of the characters reading a Ranma nibun no ichi comic... I hope they have more Takahashi Rumiko tributes in there.

cteavin

Will they, or won't they?

Post by cteavin » Jan 21st, '08, 13:37

What do you think? Is the nun going to give up the habit or will she and Kame just be friends by the end of the series? :D I'm hopeful.

So far I'm really liking the series.

magincia

Re: Will they, or won't they?

Post by magincia » Jan 21st, '08, 23:48

cteavin wrote:What do you think? Is the nun going to give up the habit or will she and Kame just be friends by the end of the series? :D I'm hopeful.

So far I'm really liking the series.
You could just go into spoiler mode and read the manga X'DDD I do know that there's going to be a kiss... So... a nun kissing? I don't think she's gonna be all peace & love after that... But we'll just have to wait and see right? The suspense is gooooood =3

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 23rd, '08, 11:30

:blink Temptation... :hissy: I'm waiting for Sailor Spork's hardsubs. Ganbarimasu! (To not surrender to temptation I mean)

Anyway this is a spoiler but... I found this CM of the 3rd episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxVAp5nTrA

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Jan 23rd, '08, 15:06

It's not just sailor spork, it's a collaboration with massuki. Softsub is really almost done, but I'm just a bit busy right now to finish up.

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jan 24th, '08, 14:01

NanaTorigawa wrote:i love this episode.unfotuatley i was doign other stuff at the same time not to pay attention to it... but i got what was goign on... will watch it again RAW when i see it streamed....
My favoirt part was the part when yamada was talkign to Kame and kame was only lookign at the bread thing he had... it was fnyn.. yamada was so mean...
Ahh! Mine too!! that part!! Kame is so cuttttee !!! :D

I just finished watching it. lmao. Kame is so funny. XD.
I felt bad when Kame got slapped but he deserved it. =X
I felt bad too that he lost the match. :[

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Jan 24th, '08, 17:55

I`ve just finished watching the 2nd episode!it was mega funny but i felt so sorry for kosaku :-(
he was so broken when "Shisuta" refused to date him and he worked so hard to be able to date "Shisuta Angera" :lol too bad he lost :-( demo he`s cho kawaii!!<3
Well i think that they made him lose this time cos if he`ll win in every episode then people will already know what`s going to happen,and they`d get bored of the"invincible" kosaku :lol

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 25th, '08, 01:29

I LOVED this episode. It was so hilaious; I laughed so much more than I did in episode 1, which surprised me.
Episode 1 was great. xD His personality is soooo adorable, though I do think he deserved to get slapped. ^_^;; It's driving me nuts if they'll end up dating or more a the end. I tried searching for the end to the manga but couldn't find it. Could anyone relieve me of my pain? =P

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 25th, '08, 02:03

Gorahgurl wrote:I LOVED this episode. It was so hilaious; I laughed so much more than I did in episode 1, which surprised me.
Episode 1 was great. xD His personality is soooo adorable, though I do think he deserved to get slapped. ^_^;; It's driving me nuts if they'll end up dating or more a the end. I tried searching for the end to the manga but couldn't find it. Could anyone relieve me of my pain? =P
I loved it when Mukoda and Mitaka found him eating the noodles and crying about getting dumped. Very funny.

If you really wanna know about the ending to the manga:

You can find the summaries here under Manga, including the ending
http://www.furinkan.com/gospel/

Also, under Notes they have a list of all the weight classes and some information about boxing including rules and techniques.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Jan 25th, '08, 02:04

Ah~ That's really helpful, with the extra information. Thank you! =)

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 26th, '08, 13:00

My recording messed up while I was taping 2 shows, so once again, I won't be able to get the show to you all... I feel like a punk after all of my big talk...

But, I do have the first 3 minutes for you....

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xb2h1dxn52

Enjoy...

Fun episode
They didn't show any boxing... guess they couldn't make it look realistic enough.

I'm glad that other Heisei kid was only a one-shot appearance... 超うざい

Aside from that, it was just a fun episode...

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 26th, '08, 13:15

i love this jdorama! Kame is so cute and funny!!!! heheheheh "Sister!!!!" :w00t:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 26th, '08, 13:22

this series gets better each week!

a2a

Post by a2a » Jan 26th, '08, 20:02

It's Kame's best role to date after all! He managed to pull off the most likeable character I've ever seen in a TV series (strictly my opinion though). I hope it continues that way!

European Girl

Post by European Girl » Jan 27th, '08, 05:40

Where can I find 1 Pound no fukuin ep 3?

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 27th, '08, 11:44

I really DOES get better each week. At first I was all "omg, not another Johnny" (and don't get me wrong, I lovelovelove my Johnnys, almost all of them) and feared people would watch this only because of Kame (and some probably still do) when the manga the drama is based on is so so great you should really pay attention to it when you're adapting it.
Butthe makers did a good job, and Kame is doing a fantastic job, too.
He's growing to me. :lol

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 27th, '08, 18:21

I have to third the 'it gets better each week' statement.

This show really showed me how well Kame can act and how he can adapt to his different roles (since the only series I've watched him in, makes him a pretty unsociable character) but this is my favorite drama with him by far.

Episode 3
I'm really starting to feel sorry for Katsumi, looks like he and his bullying is going to continue over to the 4th episode. Though, it looks like he got a little stronger after watching Kosaku this episode though.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 27th, '08, 20:27

TabooxNightmare wrote:I really DOES get better each week. At first I was all "omg, not another Johnny" (and don't get me wrong, I lovelovelove my Johnnys, almost all of them) and feared people would watch this only because of Kame (and some probably still do) when the manga the drama is based on is so so great you should really pay attention to it when you're adapting it.
But the makers did a good job, and Kame is doing a fantastic job, too.
He's growing to me. :lol

Sounds like my reaction too. I still get a giggle at the weigh-ins, because the competitors all look heavier than Kame imo yet everyone's worried about Kosaku going over. :lol

Kame's handling the comedy, action, and character really well though, and it's definitely the best work I've ever seen from him. He's able to make me laugh and cheer for Kosaku--and even feel sorry for him at times. He's been able to pull off Kosaku's happy and clueless personality really well. I like the adaptation too, including the changes so far. Definitely getting better each episode.

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 28th, '08, 04:45

I have to agree with all of you guys... Kame is getting better in his acting!

I first noticed him in Yukan Club, he's acting is quite good in action and a little on comedy. But then I saw this 2 episodes of One pound Gospel, he really made me laugh!!! He's quite cute as well hehehehe... added points for KAME! :wub:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 28th, '08, 04:47

I hope you don't mean you first noticed Kame in Yukan Club O_O

That was Jin. XD!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 28th, '08, 06:16

yah Kame not in Yuukan club... hahah

thats jin.... but i can understand the mixs up because i did it when i wasn't aKat-tun fan... to really help you with finding the difference is to watch Gokusen 2... both are in it and it helps....

anyway... haha...

I'm finally caught up with my dramas... just got to finsih 1 pound RAW of episode 3... Yamada loosk anglo... (white) alot.. and then i looked at other pictures and he does... he may look Japanese/ asian... but so do i and i ahe no asian blood in me... (sorry if they seem random but it has to do with Yamada lookign anglo)
it strange... hahaha...anyway.. i wonder if he has any background of foreign in him...

anywya I love chinen but hate the hair.. it looks so... greasy. is scaries me.. hahah.. no fire new his hair...

joan711

Post by joan711 » Jan 28th, '08, 09:05

Rori wrote:I hope you don't mean you first noticed Kame in Yukan Club O_O

That was Jin. XD!
you're quite right!!! hahahaha.... :goggle: I'm getting dizzy with downloading that I wasn't able to edit it properly hehehehe....

they look alike to me! :mrgreen:

Kathstandsalone

amused

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jan 28th, '08, 13:10

For some reason, I LOLed at this scene when Angela hid her head behind a lamp post.
it reminded me of an ostrich which buries its head in the sand. . . thinking that as long as it cannot see you, you cannot see it either!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 28th, '08, 17:07

^hahah true... she thinks she can be hiden.. and i think the fact that she dressed as a nun walking aorund japan she must stand out.. here i never see a nun walking aorund and i'm in the U.S... hahah

untitledmelody

Post by untitledmelody » Jan 28th, '08, 19:15

Oh gosh, I just glanced through some posts here and there are so many spoilers. :fear:
Okay I won't read until I'm done watching ep 2.

For now, based on ep 1, this dorama is unexpectedly good and touching! I never really liked stuff like boxing, plus the entire cast didn't appeal to me at first. The only reason I started watching was because there was Kame. I was unknowingly satisfied with the first ep!
Watching it reminded me of how I started to idolise Kame in the first place, back in 2005 through NwP. He truly has budding talents in acting. Kame is doing a great job acting as Kousaka, he displays his emotions really well and his personality is very cute in a natural, boyish way. I thought that since this is an adaptation of a manga (by the author of Ranma 1/2, no less) some parts would be exaggerated but the flow of the storyline is really good and not somewhat fake. Kame's character really touched me with his little gestures. :D Plus I think his earnestness and somewhat naive enthusiasm is really refreshing, perhaps it can inspire viewers. His efforts paid off in the end, ne. :-)
Another thing is the twist in ep 1. I really didn't expect the match at the end to turn out that way, it was creative.

All that said... Time for me to fangirl (a bit)! :P Kame is so KAWAII as Kousaka! I love it when he always drops his bag when he's shocked or in disbelief by something someone else says to him. :lol So cute! And his gluttony is just hilarious! My fave moments in ep 1 are:
1. Kousaku suddenly wanted to go jogging out in the heavy rain >>> so that he could DRINK the rainwater! :lol
2. The confrontation between Kousaku and Sister Angela... :lol Kousaku was so shocked when Sister Angela called him a 'gutless glutton' (he dropped his bag again. xD) I was shocked myself that a nun would use such words. :fear: HAHA
3. KATSU, TAMA, GYU! That was priceless. :D
4. Kousaku confessed to Sister Angela so openly! I loved it when he literally drove her up the wall, and she said "Kegarashii!" while shoving the cross in his face. He was so clueless! :lol
Will watch ep 2 tomorrow~

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Feb 1st, '08, 02:03

lol. I just finished ep. 3!
Kame is soooooo cute! when he's all hyped up in training. He's so hyper! and adorable!!
It was a great episode!!
I was surprised that Yuri, from Hey Say JUMP or 7, was in it. He was so adorable even thought his character is a bit... blah. x]
Kame is so funny when he dodges unintentionally. xD
Kame looked like a fish when he was at his limit in his training. when he's at the table. hungry.
I can't wait till next episode! [well it already aired. I can't wait for the subs ;D ]

@NanaTorigawa: Yeah I know! I don't see any nuns.. I see monks. XD. seriously.

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Feb 1st, '08, 02:08

Your waiting for episode 4 subs? Episode 4 hasn't been aired yet. Not until Saturday.