Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jan 4th, '08, 09:17

Here's a few I enjoyed when I saw them:
A Million Stars Falling From The Sky
Stand Up!!
Proposal Daisakusen
Long Vacation
Itsumo Futari De
Hana Yori Dango 2
Pride

Kaji-shonen

Re: anego and romamce comedies

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jan 5th, '08, 12:40

monkeey wrote:Hi Gang,

I've been lurking for awhile, but finally managed to make an account using Firefox. IE and maxthon seem to hate the "submit" button.

I watched Anego a few weeks back and I loved it! Anyone that hasn't seen it yet, owes it to themselves. Another good one is Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and densha otoko *obviously!*

Can anyone suggest any good romance\comedy Jdrama's?

Much appreciated! ^____________^ V
M
For romance\comedy, I recommend:
Haken no Hinkaku (leading Shinohara Ryoko ,/Anego)

Yamato Nadeshiko (Matsushima Nanako)

At Home Dad (Abe Hiroshi,/Kekkon dekinai Otoko)

Yama Onna Kabe Onna (Itou Misaki,/Densha Otoko)

Utahime(Nagase Tomoya) my best drama of last year

Have a good new year!

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 5th, '08, 15:24

I haven't watched any J-Dramas for a long time and was totally taken over with K-Dramas. However, most of them had cliché characters and copycat plots. There were so less interesting series. So I decided to take back a look at the J-Drama League and watched a few very unique series: Tiger & Dragon, Ikebukuro West Gate Park and Mukodono (This was not so great compared to the other two.) Could you recommmend J-Dramas with a really unique plot and interesting characters? I'm not really into romantic J-Dramas, but Japanese comedies are really great and many times sooo absurd or even surreal! (Kisarazu Cat's Eye was really really crazy!) Ikebukuro West Gate Park is just the right thing for me, but I doubt there is another drama that can compete with its uniqueness.

monkeey

Post by monkeey » Jan 5th, '08, 18:52

Kaji-shonen!
lol i'm downloading at home dad now :D .. its too bad the SP episodes doesnt have any subtitles right now ;(
I have all the ones on your list except Yamato Nadeshiko which im getting right now!
thanks alot!

Hitokiri_Johndoesai:
Look at the list kaji-shonen posted. Theres quite a few good ones there :) .. If you like unique characters then Kekkon Dekinai Otoko will for sure make you laugh. I loved abe hiroshi's acting in that series. Im hoping the same from him in At home dad ^___^

Anego is a funny and sweet romance too, it really ramps up halfway thru.

I watched a bit of my hero my boss, not usually into high school comedies, but the main character makes some pretty hilarious facial expressions, i'll give episode2 a shot.

anyways keep em coming! more suggestions for funny dramas please!!
happy watching ! ^______^ V

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jan 5th, '08, 20:40

I'm a huge fan of Abe Hiroshi--I absolutely loved him in Trick and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko--but I never got around to finishing At Home Dad, if that tells you anything. IT just wasn't... interesting. At all. Great actor, bad show. It's watchable... but you're better off looking for Egao no Hosoku instead.

Yigytugd

Post by Yigytugd » Jan 6th, '08, 19:51

I few that I just finished and enjoyed a lot.

Stand Up!!
Nobuta wo Produce
First Love

michca

Post by michca » Jan 7th, '08, 18:12

Monkeey,
stick with My Boss, My Hero because it gets funnier as it goes along. That show endeared me to Nagase Tomoya. :wub:

More romance/comedy would be Lunch Queen (a classic in my book and it made me an addict of omurice. mmmmm. I am so easily influenced.), Hotaru no Hikari and Orange Days.

I have been immersed in Korean dramas as well (why are heart disease and amnesia so common in these things?!?), so it is refreshing to come back to J-doramas with their fun plots. I also have to give a shout out to how much I liked Tantei Gakuen Q, Yukan Club, and Mop Girl (or at least the first three eps).

aeho

Post by aeho » Jan 9th, '08, 19:37

Hi.
My friend watched Tiger & Dragon and liked it a lot.
He askes me to give him more dramas with this "cool japanese humor".
So I don't know what other dramas has the same kind of humor.
Can you suggest something?

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Jan 9th, '08, 19:41

aeho wrote:Hi.
"Kisarazu Cat's Eye" is probably the craziest Japanese TV-Comedy ever. Give it a try.

giresun27

Post by giresun27 » Jan 15th, '08, 01:04

What are the saddest jdorama's

top 10

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Jan 15th, '08, 08:48

giresun27 wrote:What are the saddest jdorama's

top 10

Well, I haven't watch a lot of JDrama, but one of the saddest that I watch and it's sad is 1 Litre of Tears.

pet family

Post by pet family » Jan 16th, '08, 16:42

ryoerika wrote:

top 10

Well, I haven't watch a lot of JDrama, but one of the saddest that I watch and it's sad is 1 Litre of Tears.
agree with this..

this is just the best..

gypuk

Post by gypuk » Jan 18th, '08, 10:05

pet family wrote:
ryoerika wrote:

top 10

agree with this..

this is just the best..
for me its,Beautiful Life,sad but beautiful story.
Also 1 Litre of Tears,Summer Snow,Sekai no Chuushin de.

sukkee!!

Post by sukkee!! » Jan 19th, '08, 14:07

aeho wrote:Hi.

i agree with hitokiri..kisarazu is craziest coolest jdorama ever..haha :mrgreen:
and if you and ur friend like tomoya nagase in tiger n dragon, well, he is cool and funny guy,
try for:
my boss my hero,
ikebukuro west gate park.

n try oso stand up.
4 teen desperately want to hav sex..haha.its very funny! :thumleft:

lushx

Post by lushx » Jan 21st, '08, 17:20

I recommend....
Tantei Gakuen Q
Liar Game
Nodame Cantabile
Sexy Voice and Robo
Strawberry On The Shortcake
Akihabara@Deep

x]]

Wispy

Crazy comedies a la Nodame Cantabile

Post by Wispy » Jan 23rd, '08, 05:08

I just finished watching Nodame Cantabile, and loved every minute of it! So now I'm wondering, can anyone recommend other J-series that have the same sort of wild energy and finely-tuned slapstick?

cr@

Post by cr@ » Jan 24th, '08, 14:14

i'll recommend my favorites: nodame cantabile, ima ai ni yukimasu, and kekkon dekinai otoko

hoosdathu

Post by hoosdathu » Jan 25th, '08, 10:55

beautiful life is my all-time fav... mebbe due to the memories linked to it with my uni days...

vrosemarie

Post by vrosemarie » Jan 25th, '08, 11:15

I'm totally sucked into the vortex of Hana Kimi!!! I watched parts of the Taiwanese version and didn't like the slapstick comedy there but I find the J dorama HILARIOUS!!! It has renewed my faith in Japanese dramas, hehe... I'm planning to watch Hana Yori Dango next because of Shun Oguri.... I love Ikuta Toma's acting too! It's very funny and endearing.... He is one amusing actor.... :D Anyways, I highly recommend Hana Kimi and Pride... I like those two a lot... I haven't watched a lot of Japanese dramas, I'm a Korean drama freak but I enjoyed those...

ryoko11

Re: Crazy comedies a la Nodame Cantabile

Post by ryoko11 » Jan 25th, '08, 18:25

Wispy wrote:I just finished watching Nodame Cantabile, and loved every minute of it! So now I'm wondering, can anyone recommend other J-series that have the same sort of wild energy and finely-tuned slapstick?
That's kinda a tough one, because for me Nodame's sort of in a class by itself. Hmm... I'd say the best contenders would be:

Sushi Oji (Koichi Domoto did a great job with his fish phobia scenes. And the crazy sushi battles were really funny.)

Yama Onna Kabe Onna (Less crazy, lots of boob jokes, but also quite funny. It has the Oikawa Mitsuhiro, who played the music critic in Nodame.)

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Oscar, Nakatsu, and the aura kid alone make it worth watching. Got that ensemble feeling like Nodame)

I didn't personally find the slapstick quite as finely tuned in My Boss My Hero, but that one is very popular like Nodame and very funny.

Also you should try Yamada Taro Monogatari. Great show, and one of the character's has all kinds of little daydream segements that remind me of how you see Nodame and Chiaki's daydreams about things.

Finally, keep an eye on Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai. It just started airing, but it's got the most finely tuned slapstick and comedy that I've seen since Nodame. (Momoflower and Haruspex just announced that they're going to sub. :wub: ) Only the first episode has aired so far, but it was really that good.

zeox

Post by zeox » Jan 27th, '08, 21:19

Hey guys!

I kind of have a lack of drama to watch these days. the only one I'm following is Honey and Clover. Could someone reccomend me some new series? I've seen a whole lot of the "older", worth checking out shows. thanks :)

(I'd prefer that they are subbed, but if it's really good I can watch it unsubbed)

GringoTensai

Post by GringoTensai » Jan 27th, '08, 21:54

I want tips on comedy (not to old ones).

My favorite Jdrama (comedies) are My Boss my hero and IWGP and my favorite actors are Nagase and Kimura Takuya.

I would also like dramas (or even movies) about Delinquents like Blue Spring.

magi.sys

Post by magi.sys » Jan 28th, '08, 06:35

I'm a big fan of IWGP as well. If you liked Tiger and Dragon, you might also enjoy "Chiritotechin". Very different style, but another great Rakugo drama.
Highly recommended. I think it's one of the best NHK has done in a LONG time, and this is coming from an anti-NHK viewer.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Jan 29th, '08, 05:46

I just finished watching beautiful life, I fell in love with the drama. I watched it continuosly in one sitting without passforwarding all episodes. I cried so hard but really enjoyed every scene of it. Definitely one of the best drama.
hoosdathu wrote:beautiful life is my all-time fav... mebbe due to the memories linked to it with my uni days...

Zion12467

Post by Zion12467 » Jan 30th, '08, 07:55

Hi.

I used to be really into Jdrama but I stopped watching for a year and was looking for some recommendations. I really like romance/comedy and high school dramas. I do like sad dramas somewhat but I would like to watch something with a bit of a happy note at first.

I also would like a recommendation on a drama with a really hardcore main character, regardless of the genre.

Thanks.

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Jan 30th, '08, 09:13

Hi! definately,must: good luck, pride, nodame cantabile, hero and hana yori dango

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Jan 30th, '08, 09:51

Also very hilarious : hotaru no hikari. But first good luck, nodame cantabile. Enjoy!

aboumonkey

Post by aboumonkey » Feb 1st, '08, 16:18

Ηi I am new here and I could use a recommendation or two . I haven't watched any j-drama before so feel free to recommend me anything that's good . And does anybody know if Shinsengumi is any good ?
Thanks in advance

saby

Post by saby » Feb 3rd, '08, 16:29

i just finished a drama called PRIDE !!!!!!! in my opinion one of the best ending in japanese dramas Ive ever seen . totally loved it

jhnnene

BEST JAP DRAMA COMEDY ROMANCE?

Post by jhnnene » Feb 4th, '08, 03:35

Hi Everyone
I am just looking for the best Japanese drama that has lots of comedy but also has romance.
So if anyone has any favorites please tell me :)

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Feb 4th, '08, 03:46

some of my favorites
Orange Days, Nodame Cantabile, Last Christmas, Hana Yori Dango 1&2

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Feb 4th, '08, 03:47

Are any of the new ('08) dramas worth checking out? Any of 'em funny?

michca

Post by michca » Feb 4th, '08, 17:30

Yep, check out Mop Girl (eps. 1-3 are currently available right now). If you are into funny manga-inspired shows then the Yukan Club is pretty good as well as Fuma no Kojiro. Also, Galileo rocked, even though it isn't comedy...though it did have a lot of funny moments.

Nay

Post by Nay » Feb 5th, '08, 21:52

Im no good with finding new jdoramas at all >_<.
Just finished Papa to musume no nanokakan and Ive seen um... hyd, hanakimi, Nodame Cantabile, My boss my hero so I was wondering if someone could recommend any jdoramas like these, it would be great! ^^

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Feb 5th, '08, 21:58

Definitely "hotaru no hikari"

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Feb 5th, '08, 22:39

hotaru no hikari=romance and commedy with the funniest moments ever!

michca

Post by michca » Feb 5th, '08, 22:44

Bucho!!! Aaaaah, I loved Hotaru no Hikari. Great reccomendation. :thumright:
Oh, and don't forget about the ole classic Lunch Queen. Great cast, funny and romantic as well. It will also get you craving omurice...even if you are not sure what it is.

avontflex

Post by avontflex » Feb 6th, '08, 11:21

support hotaru no hikari too :)

voth

Post by voth » Feb 6th, '08, 11:46

I'll probably echo a number of 'must watch' dramas, but here is my list (in no particular order - other than alpha):

1 Litre of Tears
Anego
At Home Dad
Boku Dake No Madonna
Bus Stop
Cupid no Itazura
Densha Otoko
Dragon Sakura
Great Teacher Onizuko
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
Hanayome to Papa
Hero
Himitsu no Hanazono
Hitonatsu no Papa e
Hotelier - though I admit I liked the Korean version more
Katagoshi no Koibito
Last Christmas
Lunch Queen
Nodame Cantabile - Loved the OST
Okusama wa Majo
Oshii Puropozu
Shimokita Glory Days
Shimokita Sundays
Slow Dance
Stand Up
Taiyou no Uta

AND

Bara no nai Hanaya - this one is still airing, but I can't stop watching it.

There are a number of other shows I would recommend, but I can't recall all of their names. Like previously mentioned head over to jdorama.com and check out the top 50 shows, you'll find something you'll like. :thumleft:

Nay

Post by Nay » Feb 6th, '08, 14:30

cool thanks alot guys! =D i really have a hard time finding new ones so this will help me alot ^^
ill def check out jdorama.com ^^
thanks again guys :D

archive18

Post by archive18 » Feb 10th, '08, 20:21

No particular order but all must see jdrama's

Prime
Hana Yori Dango 1&2
Love Generations
Densha Otoko
Hero
Last Christmas

If any one has any suggustions for a romance jdrama that would be great. I know it's sad but I do like the ones when boy gets girl. None of these ones like Utahime thank you.

merou

Post by merou » Feb 11th, '08, 00:35

Lookin for old school dramas like Tokyo Love Story, something old and great.

animeluva109

recommend me a good comedy please

Post by animeluva109 » Feb 12th, '08, 02:37

like the title says.
doesnt need to be romance.
i love high school comedies like yukan club

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Feb 12th, '08, 02:42

high school comedy? the first thing that comes to mind is My Boss My Hero. it's hilarious. also Nobuta wo Produce and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Hana Yori Dango. all funny and highschool-related.

adeckbad

Post by adeckbad » Feb 13th, '08, 19:19

Hai guys, can u guys recommend me Midnight Drama such as Second house or shimokita glory days? don't care the genre ......

Tethur

Post by Tethur » Feb 16th, '08, 16:29

I'm new to j-drama I've really enjoyed Hana Kimi Currently watching My Boss My Hero, i'm liking it but not loving it. Any recommendations or suggestions for dramas that have the same kind of exuberance or comedy like Hana Kimi?

adigoni

Post by adigoni » Feb 16th, '08, 20:25

I've just seen "love generation" with Kimoura. It's worthy to watch it for million times!!!!

paranoyd

Post by paranoyd » Feb 18th, '08, 14:07

Bara no nai Hanaya is a must see this early in 2008

romance mostly, usually not my thing (= kdramas :) ) but it's sooo well done. The guy (from SMAP) and the leading lady are mesmerizing to me...the cast are really lovable.

uberathlete

Post by uberathlete » Feb 19th, '08, 00:53

Tethur wrote:I'm new to j-drama I've really enjoyed Hana Kimi Currently watching My Boss My Hero, i'm liking it but not loving it. Any recommendations or suggestions for dramas that have the same kind of exuberance or comedy like Hana Kimi?
Hana Kmi may be at the n far end of the siliness/whackiness spectrum. But you might also like GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka), Gokusen, and Hana Yori Dango.
Last edited by uberathlete on Feb 19th, '08, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

uberathlete

Post by uberathlete » Feb 19th, '08, 00:55

If anyone has recommendations of good comedies that aren't high school based it would be much appreciated. :D

hell_on_heels

Post by hell_on_heels » Feb 19th, '08, 01:08

uberathlete wrote:If anyone has recommendations of good comedies that aren't high school based it would be much appreciated. :D
These might suit your taste:
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Hitaro no Hikari
Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai

I'll be interested to see what others recommend as that's one of my favourite types as well!

uberathlete

Post by uberathlete » Feb 19th, '08, 01:47

hell_on_heels wrote:
uberathlete wrote:If anyone has recommendations of good comedies that aren't high school based it would be much appreciated. :D
These might suit your taste:
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Hitaro no Hikari
Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai

I'll be interested to see what others recommend as that's one of my favourite types as well!
Aah thank you for the suggestions. If anyone else has ideas please share it with us. ^_^

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Feb 19th, '08, 16:23

You may try "Kekkon Dekkinai Otoko"
I also like 'Hotaru no Hikari" (which was already suggested).

uberathlete

Post by uberathlete » Feb 20th, '08, 20:51

Hi everyone, it's me again. Just wanted to ask for some recommendations on light hearted dramas. I'm not really in the mood for heavy tearjerkers at this time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D

Eddycted

Post by Eddycted » Feb 21st, '08, 02:38

Can someone recommend me a show similar to Liar Game? I finished the show in a day, and really enjoyed the parts with strategy and outsmarting your opponent, so I was hoping there were more shows like that.

Thanks a lot!

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Feb 21st, '08, 03:23

Tethur wrote:I'm new to j-drama I've really enjoyed Hana Kimi Currently watching My Boss My Hero, i'm liking it but not loving it. Any recommendations or suggestions for dramas that have the same kind of exuberance or comedy like Hana Kimi?
If you are looking for something along those lines I would say Nodame Cantiable would be perfect. There are tons of other dramas that are similar to the Hana Kimi genre, but if you are looking for something funny, Nodame is the way to go. If you want to venture out I have tons of other recommendations though. =)

Eddycted wrote:Can someone recommend me a show similar to Liar Game? I finished the show in a day, and really enjoyed the parts with strategy and outsmarting your opponent, so I was hoping there were more shows like that.

Thanks a lot!
Have you seen Kurosagi? It has that strategy aspect to it. Another one you might want to check out is Byakuyako. I will warn you now that it is a bit slow and twisted, definitely not a drama for everyone.

zeox

Post by zeox » Feb 21st, '08, 15:48

hey!
I just finished Proposal Daisakusen (fantastic show) and I was wondering if anyone have a similar show to reccomend? Not the time travel going-back-in-time-to-set-things-straight kind of similar, but the way the story is executed kind of similar. I really have no way of explaining this in a sane manner.
I just really loved the way that the drama worked in this show, and would like to see one in a similar veign :).

man, I need some sleep :S

Eddycted

Post by Eddycted » Feb 21st, '08, 16:27

Hey Matthaios, thanks for the tips. I've already seen Kurosagi, but I'll give Byakuyako a shot. And until I can watch that, it's back to love-comedies for me. :P
Thanks again. ;)

michca

Post by michca » Feb 21st, '08, 17:31

Eddycted wrote:Can someone recommend me a show similar to Liar Game? I finished the show in a day, and really enjoyed the parts with strategy and outsmarting your opponent, so I was hoping there were more shows like that.

Thanks a lot!
You might want to try the following if you liked Liar Game (though these are more crime based vs. strategy):

- Galileo (handsome brainy science professor helping beautiful rookie cop solve inexplicable crimes. I really heart this drama. :wub: )
- Tantei Gakuen Q ( really young cast, but the mysteries were pretty interesting)
- Unfair (Beautiful "Dirty Harry" style cop out to catch a murderer who announces his next murder through a book he sends to the police and publishers)

Hope this helps and happy watching! ^_^

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Feb 21st, '08, 17:58

zeox wrote:I just finished Proposal Daisakusen (fantastic show) and I was wondering if anyone have a similar show to reccomend? Not the time travel going-back-in-time-to-set-things-straight kind of similar, but the way the story is executed kind of similar. I really have no way of explaining this in a sane manner.
I just really loved the way that the drama worked in this show, and would like to see one in a similar veign :).
It's kinda hard to suggest something similar since you aren't quite sure what aspects you liked but....I'd say to try checking out these...

Orange Days
Boku Dake no Madonna
Nobuta wo Produce - has a different feel to it since it's not really a romance, but for some reason I want to say in some ways they have some similarities. People might think I'm crazy now, but regardless it's a great drama.

If you figure out what exactly you liked bout Proposal then I might come up with some better suggestions, but it might be hard to fill the void after watching Proposal. There was something unique about it that is hard to find imo.
michca wrote: - Galileo (handsome brainy science professor helping beautiful rookie cop solve inexplicable crimes. I really heart this drama. :wub: )
- Tantei Gakuen Q ( really young cast, but the mysteries were pretty interesting)
- Unfair (Beautiful "Dirty Harry" style cop out to catch a murderer who announces his next murder through a book he sends to the police and publishers)
These might actually be better suggestions. IMO I put Unfair and Byakuyakou at the same level. Galileo and Tantei Gakuen Q were both interesting, but didn't quite do it for me, but I'd say at least Galileo is worth watching and is deffinetley along the same lines of Liar Game in the strategy aspect. I want to warn again that Byakuyakou is extremely twisted at times and is not for everyone, but I think it is a great drama if you can stomach it.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 21st, '08, 18:24

Looking for more suggestions of human dramas Kono yo no Hate and Koukou Kyoushi 1993/2003

Here's a list of what I've seen:
http://moonchild1981.blogspot.com/

zeox

Post by zeox » Feb 21st, '08, 22:57

Matthaios wrote:
zeox wrote:I just finished Proposal Daisakusen (fantastic show) and I was wondering if anyone have a similar show to reccomend? Not the time travel going-back-in-time-to-set-things-straight kind of similar, but the way the story is executed kind of similar. I really have no way of explaining this in a sane manner.
It's kinda hard to suggest something similar since you aren't quite sure what aspects you liked but....I'd say to try checking out these...
I'll try to be more clear now that I've gotten some sleep :)

For me ProDai was so great because of the way the romance unfolded.

Even more basic: reccomend me a feel-good romance drama :P

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Feb 21st, '08, 23:15

zeox wrote:I'll try to be more clear now that I've gotten some sleep :)

Well in that case I would still recommend the same dramas, except Nobuta isn't really a romance(I'd still say to watch it if you haven't already). Another one I thought of was Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Hope this helps.
Keiko1981 wrote:Looking for more suggestions of human dramas Kono yo no Hate and Koukou Kyoushi 1993/2003]
Try checking out Engine, Koi ga Shitai, and Long Vacation.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Feb 21st, '08, 23:17

can someone recommend me a drama with a great twist!? i just LOVE twists! they are the best! :-)

btw i've already seen One million stars fallling from the sky, Sleeping Forest

zeox

Post by zeox » Feb 21st, '08, 23:51

Matthaios wrote:
zeox wrote:I'll try to be more clear now that I've gotten some sleep :)

Well in that case I would still recommend the same dramas, except Nobuta isn't really a romance(I'd still say to watch it if you haven't already). Another one I thought of was Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Hope this helps.
thanks. i'll chck out Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, since that's the one that I haven't seen yet. it better be good! :P

Natascha

JDrama suggestions

Post by Natascha » Feb 22nd, '08, 14:10

Hey minna,

I'm looking for some new dramas to get addicted to, so suggestions are needed.
I'm a huge shoujo fan (loved the live-action Hana Yori Dango), the setting doesn't matter; wether it's historical, fantasy or every day life. So does anyone have some suggestions on what I should watch? Doesn't have to be Japanese btw; Korea, China, Taiwan, all fine with me.

Thanks!
Love,
Natascha

giggity88

jdramas

Post by giggity88 » Feb 22nd, '08, 23:46

best jdrama (according me) ;p

- hana yori dango
- lunch queen
- nodame cantabile
- hotaru no hikari
- proposal daisakusen

because all of this ive been sleep-deprived hehe, but im happy tho' :)

Eddycted

Post by Eddycted » Feb 23rd, '08, 02:58

michca wrote:You might want to try the following if you liked Liar Game (though these are more crime based vs. strategy):

- Galileo (handsome brainy science professor helping beautiful rookie cop solve inexplicable crimes. I really heart this drama. :wub: )

Hope this helps and happy watching! ^_^
Unfair sounds good, and I'll be sure to check out Galileo too! Thanks for the tips!
Matthaios wrote:These might actually be better suggestions. IMO I put Unfair and Byakuyakou at the same level. Galileo and Tantei Gakuen Q were both interesting, but didn't quite do it for me, but I'd say at least Galileo is worth watching and is deffinetley along the same lines of Liar Game in the strategy aspect. I want to warn again that Byakuyakou is extremely twisted at times and is not for everyone, but I think it is a great drama if you can stomach it.
Thanks for the warning, I'll be prepared, but I don't think it'll be much of a problem. ^^

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Feb 23rd, '08, 05:20

Let me know what you guys think of the stuff I recommended. I hope that everyone enjoys them as much as I did. Also, I should have all of them on one of my hdds, so let me know if any of them need seeds.

ET7303

Post by ET7303 » Feb 24th, '08, 04:19

I'm looking for some suggestions for good comedy or drama series, I tend to prefer ones with comedy or some action.

Some series i've liked so far:
Hero
My Boss My hero
GTO
Galileo
Kurosagi

Yigytugd

Post by Yigytugd » Feb 25th, '08, 02:44

Well I want a bunch of movies and shows that are about 30 minutes (not the movies being 30 minutes) but are good to put on DVD's. I just got a bunch of DVD's and made my first one today (I put Attack of the Pin-Up Boys on it) but it was an ok quality when transfered to my TV.

Also, is there a good converter that will make my downloaded videos a higher quality for TV's.

Could anyone recommend a good drama and/or dancing JDrama and KDrama, movie.

cutina124

Post by cutina124 » Feb 27th, '08, 09:32

Must See
One Liter of Tears-This is sad yet beautiful portrayal of family love and a persons human will! Very well done and moved me more then almost any drama I've seen.
Nobuta wo Produce- The romantic aspect of this drama is lacking and that actually provides to be why I love it so much. The main Characters end up providing a lesson to the watcher about friendship, and also allows those watching to realize the lies we tell ourselves in order to meed with every day society! This drama left an impression on me.
Hana Yori Dango- Fan of the Anime, the Manga, the Taiwanese version and became a fan of the Japanese version. The acting is what stands out here. Nothing drags and everything seems to be done to a perfection!
Hana Yori Dango 2- Wonderful as a second season, almost better then the first. I really enjoyed it! I also found that the acting improved from the first and that the story only got BETTER!
Kurosagi- Yamashita's acting in this is amazing especially when played off of the main girl. The focus of the story is revenge and therefore the drama kept true to it's task instead of trying to fit so many extra side stories like most dramas.
Dragon Zakura- I watched this during the summer and it had a strange effect on me. I wanted to study and become better in my studies. In general I really liked this drama and the acting, character portrayal and conflicts were all superb.
Sleeping Forest- This drama is one of my favorite dark dramas! I really got into the story and loved the twists. The acting is top notch and the scenery is beautiful.
Liar Game- This movie is one of my favorites, always kept me to the end. There is something special about this drama.
Jotei- A mix of wonderful acting and a great plot made this drama a favorite. There is something special about the main girl that makes the show complete without her this show would be nothing. (personal opinion)
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshita 1
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshita 2

First Kiss -I LOVED THIS! The main girl is a bit annoying but it's cute in the sense of the other characters. Not only that but it was set up so that the sister-brother love was more the focus as opposed to romance. Therefore this drama earned my respect.
Hotaru No Hikaru- It was so sweet and made it so obvious that we always go for what we think we want as opposed to what we know we need and what is what our hearts truely desire!

Would regret if you missed Every single one of these deserves to be above, but I can't really place them there due to the affection I hold for the ones above surpassing these.
Sapuri
Kimi wa Petto
S.O.S.

Taiyou No Uta
Remote
First Kiss
Tantei Gakuen Q
Kou Kou Kyoushi

See if Have time
Gokusen 2
Stand Up
Majo No Jouken
Boku Dake No Madonna
Ace wo Nerae
Water Boys
Anego
Taiyou No Kisetsu
Ikebukuro West Gate Park

Don't see
Love Revolution

HazelNuit

Post by HazelNuit » Feb 27th, '08, 17:39

Hmm was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for comedy/romance. I've only seen one Jdorama - Nobute Wo Produce and I really liked it....

I'm currently watching Hotaru No hikari - is there anything out there similar? Something funny and silly with romance involved?

Thanks!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Feb 28th, '08, 16:32

HazelNuit wrote:Hmm was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for comedy/romance. I've only seen one Jdorama - Nobute Wo Produce and I really liked it....

I'm currently watching Hotaru No hikari - is there anything out there similar? Something funny and silly with romance involved?

Thanks!
You could try:

Long Vacation
Nodame Cantabile
Kimi wa Petto
Hana Yori Dango
Remote
Last Christmas (this one has a few moving/tearful parts too.)
Yama Onna Kabe Onna

Tethur

Post by Tethur » Feb 29th, '08, 13:11

Thanks everyone for the suggestions (though they are hurting my bandwith :) )
Matthaios wrote:
If you are looking for something along those lines I would say Nodame Cantiable would be perfect. There are tons of other dramas that are similar to the Hana Kimi genre, but if you are looking for something funny, Nodame is the way to go. If you want to venture out I have tons of other recommendations though. =)
Finished Nodame yesterday absolutely loved it. I must say I rather enjoy these quirky drama's though I don't mind straight up dramas. I would love to hear your other recommendations.