Advertisements at Bottom of Posts

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
fizzlex3mh

Advertisements at Bottom of Posts

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 30th, '08, 11:38

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but there are huge advertisements at the bottom of some of my posts and I've noticed a few other people's too. Can anyone tell me what that is about?

Edit:

For example
|
|
V

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jan 30th, '08, 17:53

The first post of every page of every thread has an advertisement in their "signature". They're there to help pay for bills.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 30th, '08, 22:13

Got it. Thanks.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 31st, '08, 01:46

In the interest of not starting a new topic for this I thought I'd bring it up here.

Are the sig advertisements moderated or approved in anyway beforehand? Because the other day there were ones that soooooo were not appropriate for a family friendly forum.

groink

Post by groink » Jan 31st, '08, 01:52

Puppet Princess wrote:In the interest of not starting a new topic for this I thought I'd bring it up here.

Are the sig advertisements moderated or approved in anyway beforehand? Because the other day there were ones that soooooo were not appropriate for a family friendly forum.
No approval process - at least by a human being. The advertisements are based on scraping the page and picking the ad that fits the web page's content. But in a message board, ANYTHING can happen since the subject matter in a given topic would more likely set the ad, such as a topic in the relationships forum about sex.

--- groink

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 31st, '08, 02:25

But it was the same ad in like every thread.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jan 31st, '08, 04:19

Yea, there were some issues the other day or so. It should be taken care of now.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 31st, '08, 09:15

I appologise for that. Still getting a feel for what the new ad network we're using serves up. I've changed the settings for the ad serving and hopefully it should filter out any non-family friendly ones. I will keep a close eye on it, please report any offensive ones you find as well.