Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Advertisements at Bottom of Posts

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
fizzlex3mh

Advertisements at Bottom of Posts

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 30th, '08, 11:38

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but there are huge advertisements at the bottom of some of my posts and I've noticed a few other people's too. Can anyone tell me what that is about?

Edit:

For example
|
|
V

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jan 30th, '08, 17:53

The first post of every page of every thread has an advertisement in their "signature". They're there to help pay for bills.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 30th, '08, 22:13

Got it. Thanks.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 31st, '08, 01:46

In the interest of not starting a new topic for this I thought I'd bring it up here.

Are the sig advertisements moderated or approved in anyway beforehand? Because the other day there were ones that soooooo were not appropriate for a family friendly forum.

groink

Post by groink » Jan 31st, '08, 01:52

Puppet Princess wrote:In the interest of not starting a new topic for this I thought I'd bring it up here.

Are the sig advertisements moderated or approved in anyway beforehand? Because the other day there were ones that soooooo were not appropriate for a family friendly forum.
No approval process - at least by a human being. The advertisements are based on scraping the page and picking the ad that fits the web page's content. But in a message board, ANYTHING can happen since the subject matter in a given topic would more likely set the ad, such as a topic in the relationships forum about sex.

--- groink

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jan 31st, '08, 02:25

But it was the same ad in like every thread.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jan 31st, '08, 04:19

Yea, there were some issues the other day or so. It should be taken care of now.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 31st, '08, 09:15

I appologise for that. Still getting a feel for what the new ad network we're using serves up. I've changed the settings for the ad serving and hopefully it should filter out any non-family friendly ones. I will keep a close eye on it, please report any offensive ones you find as well.