[Discussion] 1 Pondo no Fukuin - Kamenashi Kazuya

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Feb 1st, '08, 11:22

mhaellix wrote:Your waiting for episode 4 subs? Episode 4 hasn't been aired yet. Not until Saturday.
ooopss~ I thought it aired wednesdays. XD. That was cartoon KAT-TUN. haha.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 1st, '08, 18:22

I have to agree with everyone that Kame's acting is getting better, but I don't like Kousaku's character too much. I guess I am not a huge fan of the story. Being Catholic and all, it is extremely weird. I mean, doesn't he know anything about the convent and nuns? Seriously, he is like a restless kid that loves to eat. And "guys are selfish" like the other nun said. Does he not know that he is putting Sister Angela in the bad position, like all he wants is to get a date and understand nothing else. So rude. I find it extremely annoying when he screams out her name when they see each other in the streets. I like Kame when he plays the quiet character (like in Gokusen2) But other than that I really like the actress that plays Sister Angela, she is so pretty.

I just wonder what is the possibility that Sister Angela will leave the convent for him. Is the manga finished?

41nano

Post by 41nano » Feb 1st, '08, 20:15

strawberrynkiwi wrote:I have to agree with everyone that Kame's acting is getting better, but I don't like Kousaku's character too much. I guess I am not a huge fan of the story. Being Catholic and all, it is extremely weird. I mean, doesn't he know anything about the convent and nuns? Seriously, he is like a restless kid that loves to eat.

I just wonder what is the possibility that Sister Angela will leave the convent for him. Is the manga finished?
Well that's Japan you're talking about... I don't think a lot of westerners really do know about islam or buddhism, in Japan it's just that "being catholic" ie wearing cross and marrying in church is basically "fashion" nowadays, but overall they surely don't know about catholic stuff.
It's not because it's obvious in your mind that it is in a far-away country with absolutely no catholic tradition

Anyway, yes, the manga has just finished (it started in 1987 !)

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 2nd, '08, 01:05

41nano Totally agree in your resume of the situation, catolicism in Japan is quite new and catholics are not very numerous; for many it comes as a surprise when they see japanese people making the sign of the cross. Even in catholic countries been a nun doesn't mean you are locked up in that situation forever if you don't want.
I was bapticed catholic and studied all my life in a nuns scholl anddon't get offended at all by the drama, in fact it is reconciling me with Kame and i am enjoying it very much. :)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 2nd, '08, 03:37

wheee... finally saaw episode 3 subbed.. hahaha... Chinen.... hahaha... i laugh at him.. he was a brat... i wanted to smack him one... and still there this oen part with jsut Chinen and Yamada..a nd yamada looks so different... but in the rest he looks liek himself ubt in just this part his face loosk so puffy... not how he normaly looks... and he was so sad looking....

a very funyn part is when Kame is makign fish faces because he didn't ahve food.. hahaha it was funny... (right before Sister Angela gave him that book necklace thing...) i love that part...

i was right.. before this i did't liek Kame much.... becuase fo the way he acts he seem distant.... but in this.. i love his character... it jus kills me watchign him... i die laughing... and he jumps so funny!!!!
He totaly pulls of the anime act!!! he no longer cool Shuuji!!!

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 2nd, '08, 03:55

^^ lol im completely opposite. Kame being the energetic guy is quite unattractive to me. Shuji was okay, but I am a fan of Kame, so I will show my support.

41nano for the info, I knew Catholicism isn't popular in Japan, but I didn't think people barely knew anything about it. I went on the world gathering thing for Roman Catholics and the place I stayed at was the same place that 300 Japanese Catholics was staying, too. It was cute, because I am Chinese (I guess they can't tell) and they was saying like ohayou to me. lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 2nd, '08, 04:25

My late grandma was Catholic... hahaha... anyway. joing in conversatin...

BTW Strawberrtnkiwi.... Hana kimi2? in you siggy.... there no Hana kimi2.. or is it waiting for hana kimi 2 in that you have no info on one you just are hoping waiting? Even the Taiwanese one was canceled...

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 2nd, '08, 13:07

I'm begining to wonder if I'm the only male in this thread.

Anyhows, looks like I'll keep my promise.. I actually recorded it this week, so I'll have it up in 2 hours or so.

Looks like they gave up on showing Hatanaka's matches. I guess they realized it just didn't look realistic. Usually when actors get into a role that is different from the norm, they prepare for it. They'd seriously train boxing, learn proper footwork, head movement, and hand work.

As hard as he tries, Kamenashi doesn't have a boxer's physique nor does he display any of the skills listed above. I will commend his effort, though.

I'm also glad that this storyline wasn't toooo different from the comic book.

Honestly, the over-acting is what makes this work.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 2nd, '08, 13:13

tonights episode was brilliant yet again
this time
Tanaka quits being a boxer to try and become a cook (seems to have quite a talent for it too) so he can open a shop with sister angela and beat out the guy who can do french cooking and wants to marry her (i will call him the french guy from now on cause its easier)
However in the end sister tells Tanaka shes not interested in that and he gets angry at her saying he doesnt know how to make her happy and then gets all upset and stops doing anything
The young boy (forgotten his name both character and actor ^^;;) tells him sister angela likes him when he boxes so he gets all reved up about boxing again
in the meantime sister angela dixcovers the french guy her cant actually cook someone else was doing it for him all along so she starts to help him, the tanaka turns up to give her a letter and sees sister looking happy with that guy and tells her to be happy
after some encouragement from the guys (and some rice balls) he carries on with his training
sister angela comes see tanaka just before the match and all is good
he even says that just liking her makes him happy and he asks if he can keep liking her which she doesnt actually answer
and then there is the great ending where we discover in fact Tanaka can't cook when everybosy spits out the food he makes and his end statement is "Thank god I'm a boxer"

Looks like we may get a confession out of Sister Angela next week should be a good one

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 2nd, '08, 14:44

Nothing spoilerific about the images... I finished encoding and upped it to the tracker. Enjoy!

41nano

Post by 41nano » Feb 2nd, '08, 23:32

hikkichan wrote:I'm begining to wonder if I'm the only male in this thread.
I'm here too :D

Ep3 was once again very good, this drama really entertains me and I love to see kame being so enegetic!
I don't really liked tatta hitotsu no koi, now that's a kame I lie.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 3rd, '08, 00:45

hikkichan wrote:Looks like they gave up on showing Hatanaka's matches. I guess they realized it just didn't look realistic. Usually when actors get into a role that is different from the norm, they prepare for it. They'd seriously train boxing, learn proper footwork, head movement, and hand work.

As hard as he tries, Kamenashi doesn't have a boxer's physique nor does he display any of the skills listed above. I will commend his effort, though.
Sorry, female here XD
I don't know if realistic, but weird, sure; i agree he doesn't seem to have a boxer's physique, but then again there are so many weights in boxing :scratch:
Again i hacve to say he is reconciling me with him with this role, far from normal "his old man inside a 21 year old body"

Then again i'd like to see Ueda beating him in the drama LOL

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 3rd, '08, 05:37

for anyone whos interested i just translated an article with Kame and Kuroki
check it out at my site (see my sig)

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 3rd, '08, 05:56

This series really does get better each week, it is just worth watching to see Kame act his role. He's brilliant at it. I love the emotional scenes, especially. The music is always right. Preview for next week looks even better.
Thank god someone noticed Katsumi is getting bullied, it was about time I feel really sorry for that kid.

Then we have an upset Sister Angela after she sees the girl from the shop (sorry don't know what else to call her) hugging Hatanaka and a confession too?! :D

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 4th, '08, 08:14

*sighs* even though this dorama gets better and better with every week,the rating gets lower and lower :cry: ep 4th only got 9% rating :cry: why why why why? :cry:

anyway we luv it ne? keep up the good work kame-chan! :wub:

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 5th, '08, 00:23

That i don't understand either, it makes me feel bad for the secondaries, they are all so good!! Love the boss, mother abbess, the gym boys and chibi yamada!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 5th, '08, 04:59

hum.... maybe it not a good season... i mean.. the ages people watch this are teens/ high school students.. maybe they are studing really hard for there exams... for the end of the year... (menting April is new school year so that means study for Feb and March... or even just Feb.. i bet if wee look besides Hana Yori Dango... how well was past winter dramas...)

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 5th, '08, 10:58

@ NanaTorigawa u know what,you might be right!i didn`t think of that! :scratch:
but even so, lol i`m in my exams period too but watching 1 pound gospel when the subs are out relax me and gives me"strength" :lol when i see kousaku trying so hard...it makes me wanna try my best in studying too :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So minnasan from japan even if u have exams please watch One Pound Gospel!
:party: :party: :party: :party:
*advertises for kame-chan and the rest of the cast* :thumright:

a2a

Post by a2a » Feb 5th, '08, 11:24

Y' all don't forget that it's airing Saturday night! Young people (that the drama is mostly targeted at) go out at Saturday nights; they don't stay at home to watch TV. I too would do that. I think it's understandable that the ratings are low. And with the exams period, it got even worse.

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 5th, '08, 11:45

a2a wrote:Y' all don't forget that it's airing Saturday night! Young people (that the drama is mostly targeted at) go out at Saturday nights; they don't stay at home to watch TV. I too would do that. I think it's understandable that the ratings are low. And with the exams period, it got even worse.
yup u`re right!but it would`ve been great if it would`ve remained @ at least 11% :cry:

*pushes her luck* People from Japan!Don`t go out on Saturday night! One pound is better than anything u`d do outside! :party: *jokes* :lol

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 5th, '08, 12:22

Young people have a curfew in Japan... they can't be out past 9pm....

The drop in ratings correlates with the lack of Boxing action. :P

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Feb 5th, '08, 13:33

hikkichan wrote:Young people have a curfew in Japan... they can't be out past 9pm....

The drop in ratings correlates with the lack of Boxing action. :P
You`re not helping my cause! :lol (jokes)
Minasan forget about boxing!enjoy the comedy! :lol :lol :lol :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 6th, '08, 02:54

hahah.... they have curfews now???? i didn't know that.. last tiem i cheaked they didn't well oh will... hahaha
but still even on Sat the study... the Japanese study alot....

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 9th, '08, 01:04

Kame is really giving his everything in this drama.... it really is one of his best acting to date... 8)

But perhaps the ratings are dropping because the story is getting repetitive? :scratch: I mean we've watched 4 episodes of Kosaku tailing the nun while trying to diet, and yet there still seems to be no major progression in their romance, not to say from the looks of the preview for ep 5 we will be seeing 3 episodes of Yamada getting bullied. :cry:

While it is enjoying enough for me to watch hyper Kame everyweek that I don't even care whether the nun gives a response at all, I suppose some viewers are waiting for a breakview between these two....hopefully we will see that in ep 5
Plus ep 5 is about Valentine and the producer of OPG said it is the best episode to date, so everyone in Japan with the benefit of a big TV screen to watch the show, please don't miss ep 5!

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Feb 9th, '08, 02:51

kya! I can't wait for episode 5.
when will the bullying stop for yamada [Katsumi] :[
Tears were about to come out when Hatanaka said good bye.

How come there's no more scenes of actual boxing?!
That's a bit weird. :[

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 9th, '08, 12:56

Another fun ep... I'll have it encoded in two hours or so.

I laughed quite a bit this time around...

Not quite sure how I feel about the ending... but, next week's episode looks to be even more interesting.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 9th, '08, 14:48

DP, but I'm done encoding... check the torrent page to DL.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 9th, '08, 23:37

Very nice episode, i liked it. And every ep i like the gym boys, the kid, his mom and mother abbess more and more :)

missychick

Post by missychick » Feb 10th, '08, 08:59

i wonder what the rating was for epi 5? i haven't watched like the 3 last epis yet due to pc problem(kame withdrawel T^T) but everytime i see screencaps i get all fuzzy inside since kame really shows his emotion and funny side in this character. Best acting by far from him <3

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Feb 10th, '08, 16:44

So far, I like this series. Kame's role is kind of different in this one compared to others that I've seen.

pedxing

Post by pedxing » Feb 10th, '08, 18:24

Does anyone know if the 1280x720 version of episode 5 is going to be uploaded?

Or if not, which clubbox has it up for download?

Thanks in advance!

boxochocolate

Post by boxochocolate » Feb 10th, '08, 21:20

ankifeather wrote:Kame is really giving his everything in this drama.... it really is one of his best acting to date... 8)
Eh, I don't think this is his best, actually. I feel like the eccentric nature of his role just makes it appear like he's giving it his all; he must have been so exhausted after each day of filming. I'm exhausted just watching him.

I think his best, at least that I've seen him in [I couldn't sit through more than two or three episodes of Gokusen 2] was Nobuta wo Produce. I didn't know who he was when I watched it, but I remember thinking from the start that he makes the character seem very natural and believable.

Tangent: Not a "fan" of Yamada Ryosuke, but I think he's got the most interesting role in the series.

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 13th, '08, 10:14

boxochocolate wrote:
ankifeather wrote:Kame is really giving his everything in this drama.... it really is one of his best acting to date... 8)
Eh, I don't think this is his best, actually. I feel like the eccentric nature of his role just makes it appear like he's giving it his all; he must have been so exhausted after each day of filming. I'm exhausted just watching him.

I think his best, at least that I've seen him in [I couldn't sit through more than two or three episodes of Gokusen 2] was Nobuta wo Produce. I didn't know who he was when I watched it, but I remember thinking from the start that he makes the character seem very natural and believable.

Tangent: Not a "fan" of Yamada Ryosuke, but I think he's got the most interesting role in the series.
haha...I can imagine the extent of exhaustion Kame has to endure for each episode....Kame is probably losing weight instead of gaining weight doing this drama :P I agree Nobuta wo Produce was Kame's best drama....the storyline was really beautiful and Kame did a wonderful job as the complex Shuji :wub: that's why I said one of the best, not the best, since Kame had a few dramas already...
As a Yamada fan, I am glad you think his role is interesting (although personally I don't want him to be bullied, and his last role as Amakusa Ryu in the Tantei Gakuen Q drama was way more interesting than the current one)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 13th, '08, 13:00

yah... but it shows that yamada can be anything he wants.. hahahaha
Doesn't him beign bullies make you love him more.. to the point where you want to protect him.. Hahahah
I have only seen 1 ep of his being bullied thou...

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 14th, '08, 12:33

NanaTorigawa wrote:yah... but it shows that yamada can be anything he wants.. hahahaha
Doesn't him beign bullies make you love him more.. to the point where you want to protect him.. Hahahah
I have only seen 1 ep of his being bullied thou...
I suppose that's true...good experience for Yamachan until he can lead in some drama one day :D

jica

Post by jica » Feb 15th, '08, 15:28

I wonder how they will solve the bullying thing with Katsumi... now Ueda has discovered it. Will they try to make Katsumi 'stronger' so he can stop his bulliers by himself? I know physical strength plays a big role in the issue of bullying, but it is also about mental strenght. The victim is in disadvantage. It will be interesting how they will solve it in the drama...

(There is a lot of bullying issues according to the Japanese dramas...?)

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 15th, '08, 22:19

FInally finished ep 5 sub :D
From the fact that Katsumi was telling his mum that he tops the class for exams I guess that's the reason he was bullied?
And there was a scene where Katsumi was trying to hit a punch bag and Ueda came out and said he will teach Katsumi how to box...so I guess someone is finally going to start boxing :cheers:

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Feb 16th, '08, 01:21

I finished ep 5 too!
I cried. >_<;;. when Kousaku was fighting with Ishizaka. :[

My favorite parts~
the beginning when Kousaku was hiding under the leaves. XD.
And then when he said "choco choco choco choco choco" It was so cute~~
And that was a big chocolate heart from nori-chan.
Sister Angela was so funny. being all mad at the bridge. XD
Ohh And when the chairman beat up all of the guys in the gym. [I wonder what happened to her bad back? o_O. XD. She was awesome.
And the sweet part when Sister Angela confessed.
Ahh~~~ Can't wait till what happens next!
and someone should deal with those bullies that's bothering Katsumi-chan!

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 16th, '08, 16:43

Ahhhh... I dozed off so I'm a few hours off.... Sorry about that.

I only recorded and encoded... I didn't actualy watch it yet due to figure skating; I can't miss my female figure-skating.

boxochocolate

Post by boxochocolate » Feb 16th, '08, 22:43

Just finished watching episode 6. Pretty good episode; Yamada Ryosuke's performance was pretty good by my standards :thumright: . I wish some of the other guys got more screen time though. They may not be the stars, but there stories seem all the more interesting for it.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 17th, '08, 02:27

For those of you that have read the manga, what do think about the changes made in the latest episodes? I don't know if i like it, well i don't like big changes but i understand some.

I like the gym boys and Yamada more every episode :)

jess22

Post by jess22 » Feb 17th, '08, 11:39

I'm thinking of watching this and was just wondering how the romance is in it? I didn't want to read to many spoilers so as I scanned these pages, it seems like the romance is a bit low key... is that the case?

Also, I find it interesting that they used a Catholic nun instead of a Buddhist nun. I can imagine if it was a Buddhist nun there would be a HUGE uproar.

jica

Post by jica » Feb 17th, '08, 12:06

I think that the changes (and the development of other characters) in the drama make it a lot more interesting. People say the plot is so repetative, but I really think that the drama is better than the manga in that aspect. I don't mind the changes, as long as they have the same ending as in the manga.

Sister Angela isn't really a nun yet, she's only a soon-to-be-nun (like Maria in Sound of Music). But yeah, I guess she shouldn't be dating since she is considering being a real nun, living only for God. You never got to know why she wanted to become a nun in the manga, but in the drama the explanation was because she was raised in the convent and doesn't know about anything else.

*goes to watch ep 6*

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 18th, '08, 03:38

I finally caught up to episdoe 6 on this... but.... not on Hachikuro and defenlty ot on binbou....

here a funny story abut me...
well yeserday was my birthday and i was hangout with friends celebratign someone eles birthday but the birthdy girl wasn't even with us...anyway..

we were walkign back to a friends car and there was the no parkign signs and i was pretendign to it them.. then a tought cam into my head...

so i ran at the next no parking sign and yelled "sister Angela" and jumped on it tring to hold on to it liek Kame.. but it didn't work.. i did it couple more times too... it didn't work.. sad now...V__V
?i will do t one day!!

LovableTenshi

Post by LovableTenshi » Feb 18th, '08, 04:32

I agree. Kame's really doing a job on this drama (*loves him even more*), even though it's way different from the "cool, mysterious" characters he's known for (i.e. Ryu, Shuuji).

I DO wish he'd put on some weight though; it'd make the whole dieting thing a lot more convincing. It's just a little hard to imagne someone with a stick-thin body like him being disqualified from ANY weight class, no matter how good of an actor he is. At least it's not like 85 pounds anymore like he was during Nobuta.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 20th, '08, 02:13

actralyl if i'm right he is more than the aim weight... or around there.. hahaha....

*Go looks*
kame is 54lb which is 118 pounds....
i guess that low.. hahaha...

jica

Post by jica » Feb 24th, '08, 16:56

I just realized that this drama is only 9 episodes. Why???? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is it because the ratings? I can't understand why there aren't more people watching it, it's such an adorable and funny drama... T_T

Maybe there isn't enough in the storyline to stretch it over 11 episodes, but couldn't they make up some more original stuff to put into the drama. I feel so sad now. >.<

It means there are only two episodes left. Next they will solve the champion thing and then the final. :-(

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 24th, '08, 22:03

There were plans for only 9 episodes from the very start before it was aired because Kame has to star in Dreamboys from March on.....so I don't think it was really because of the ratings

Oh and the spoilers for the last episode were already in the jap news....I think they were releasing it on purpose to boost last episode ratings...
亀梨&メイサがドラマ最終回で結婚?
2008年2月23日(土)09:58

亀梨和也(21)黒木メイサ(19)が日本テレビ系ドラマ「1ポンドの福音」(土曜午後9時)の最終回(3月8日)で結婚式のシーンを演じている。亀梨演じる主人公は、黒木演じるヒロインに「僕は日本一強い男になります。チャンピオンになったらデートしてください」と宣言したボクサー。最終回で結婚式ということは…。日本テレビは「夢で見た場面かも知れません。ぜひご覧になって確かめてください」。収録は横浜・聖アンデレ教会で行った。亀梨は「(結婚式シーンのタキシード着用は)初めてなんです。メイサちゃんは本当にきれい!」。

FROM: http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 25700.html

basically it is Kame and the nun is getting married! but it could be a dream or for real ...so you need to watch the last episode to find out..
Last edited by ankifeather on Mar 21st, '08, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 25th, '08, 00:11

Ok, it may be me, but the new "bad" guy, aka the host reminds me a bit too much of someone, what do you think?? :blink

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 25th, '08, 00:13

Ginoru wrote:Ok, it may be me, but the new "bad" guy, aka the host reminds me a bit too much of someone, what do you think?? :blink
Who?
Last edited by ankifeather on Mar 21st, '08, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Feb 25th, '08, 02:05

i need to go watch it... hum..hope on Veoh...

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 25th, '08, 02:39

ankifeather wrote:Who?
Jin in signal PV!!

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 25th, '08, 03:50

Ginoru wrote:
ankifeather wrote:Who?
Jin in signal PV!!
Hahaha...Yeah I can sorta see the similarities....Perhaps they should have got Jin to play the Champion instead....Then we could have Kame and Jin showdown :lol (sigh..would these two ever appear together in a drama again?)

But I have to say this champion is so tall, Kame looks like a little boy next to him :P Is it just me or is Angela actually taller too?
Last edited by ankifeather on Mar 21st, '08, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 25th, '08, 04:14

Under spoilers!! XD XD

A showdown..interesting LOL no, i don't think they will appear in the same drama again now that
akame
is dead, wich screws my idea Yamanade dorama XD LOLL but i don't mind

The champion and the restaurant guy XD i laughed soo much with the restaurant guy!!
Meisa is 165cm and Kame is 171cm

ankifeather

Post by ankifeather » Feb 25th, '08, 04:42

Ginoru wrote:Under spoilers!! XD XD

A showdown..interesting LOL no, i don't think they will appear in the same drama again now that
akame
is dead, wich screws my idea Yamanade dorama XD LOLL but i don't mind

The champion and the restaurant guy XD i laughed soo much with the restaurant guy!!
Meisa is 165cm and Kame is 171cm
I see...than she must have been wearing high heels......and the restaurant guy....haha, I laughed whenever he appeared on the same screen as Kame too....was it on purpose? :whistling:
Last edited by ankifeather on Mar 21st, '08, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Feb 26th, '08, 00:46

I am sure it was done on purpouse; Kame is shorter then tht guy but no so much XD

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Mar 3rd, '08, 05:10

I just finished the 4th episode and I'm really enjoying it (and I didn't expect that I would). :thumleft: I haven't read the manga either so I don't have anything to compare it to. It seemed a bit weird to me that someone as thin as Kame could be a boxer :blink but I guess it makes a bit more sense that he's in the light weight class.

I really love Kame's impish, naive and hyper character and I think he does a good job conveying that :roll I like his acting here and in Sapuri. I also like Yamada Ryosuke's character, I hope to see more development with his storyline and the chairperson's.

lena akanishi

Post by lena akanishi » Mar 3rd, '08, 06:00

Why aren't people watching this drama? the ratings for ep8 dropped to 8.8%.

And the drama only has 9 episodes? I don't think it's because of Dream Boys. Kame had plenty of time to tape all the episodes way before March. They just need to air them in March.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Mar 3rd, '08, 06:11

^ I dunno why people aren't watching it :( I am really enjoying it though.

Immortal_Angel

Post by Immortal_Angel » Mar 3rd, '08, 13:50

wahhh I cannot believe this drama has low rating >.< I really love it! ever since I decided to watch episode 1 I got addicted to it. Every week I hope the sub ones appear so I can watch hehe. Kame is soooo adorable when he pouts and jump up and down like a little kid! hopefully episode 9 the last rating can be really high. I really love it when he appear in front of Sister Angela n was like "sister!" and poke his two cheeks! kawaii!!!!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 5th, '08, 02:31

I like the series and i find it curious that the ratings are so low, Kame has had a hard year or even more atracting audiences...

Buti have to say that i was dissapointed with the "supposedly" master combat from ep 8 :x

NgocLan

Post by NgocLan » Mar 8th, '08, 14:06

lena akanishi wrote:Why aren't people watching this drama? the ratings for ep8 dropped to 8.8%.

And the drama only has 9 episodes? I don't think it's because of Dream Boys. Kame had plenty of time to tape all the episodes way before March. They just need to air them in March.
Ratings for every drama that I'm following this season have been in decline.. from BaraHana to H&C etc... And I thought ratings for 1P were picking up again. :|

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 8th, '08, 18:30

Well, I can't really complain about the ending.
The ending pretty much founds it's way to how Takahashi intended it. The door sign on the Hatanaka apartment was soooo Takahashi Rumiko... and so was Meisa's appearance once she was domesticated. I think that bit made up for the differences throughout the show.

I don't know why they couldn't have used a mock-up of the OPBF title ... or even a mock-up of the Japanese title...

Anyhows, I was pretty perturbed when Kosaku gave the belt away at the beginning. That just completely goes against all that is boxing. I'm glad his head was pulled out from his ass.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 9th, '08, 00:35

I can only say that i liked the fact that the secondary characters had more to do than the main ones; from the beguinning i have tought they were the best in this drama

European Girl

Post by European Girl » Mar 9th, '08, 08:02

What happen in last episode?
Marriage, kiss.....

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 9th, '08, 10:01

Last episode spoilers:
No kiss, but, yes, marriage. I have nothing to say other than that ending was so utterly cute.

Kuroki Meisa is so pretty, she obviously is even as a nun, but in normal clothes she's just beautiful.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 10th, '08, 01:41

Yes, cute is the word, wish i could say something else :|

But i enjoyed it nonetheless :)

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 10th, '08, 15:59

ahhhhh.... i ave only 1 ep to watch!!! MUHAHAHA... and then i can catch up with the other show i was watching...

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Mar 17th, '08, 18:06

only 9 episode?!?!
i never knew.

off to watch it now.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 18th, '08, 00:28

I finished it!! yatta!!!! hahhaa.... but i have to wait for the subs to come out.. can't wait......

Finishing watchign this.. i feel good about this series.... I'm afraid what will ahppen the end of Honey and clover...but alteast i feel good about 1 pound

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Mar 18th, '08, 12:57

Does anyone know if there's a place where could i download from the original OST?

lee`s little alien

Post by lee`s little alien » Mar 18th, '08, 20:35

^^subscribe to that aswell! :-)

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Mar 18th, '08, 22:03

Rori wrote:Last episode spoilers:
No kiss, but, yes, marriage. I have nothing to say other than that ending was so utterly cute.

Kuroki Meisa is so pretty, she obviously is even as a nun, but in normal clothes she's just beautiful.
I agree!!! The VERRYY end it was so cute. :]
I thought Kousaku was brave to break up and take responsibility for being a champion. [YAY] xD
Ahh~ Angela looks so pretty in normal clothes. I went all "kyaaa" when she came to see him. and I actually wanted to the matches.. =/
the last episode was great. it was just that there was no kiss!! >:/
Oh and Yamada boxing is so cuteee!!! :D

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Mar 19th, '08, 16:14

Kuroki Meisa is seriously the most gorgeous woman ever. I was waiting to see her in normal clothes. I am a girl and I think she is so hot and pretty.
and yes Yamada boxing with his hair clipped up was so adorable.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 19th, '08, 23:46

hahah i likes the last ep... was awesome!!! haha i likes this.... btu some how i was half expecing the the last scene before it endign.... either Angela was pregnate or they had a baby.. some how i was haf expectign that... hahhaa