Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Chiritotechin

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
magi.sys
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 10th, '05, 09:21

[Discussion] Chiritotechin

Post by magi.sys » Jan 29th, '08, 13:48

Was not able to find a thread for this drama, so here it goes>

Image

Synopsis:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Chiritotechin#Series_Synopsis

Cast:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Chiritotechin#Cast

Broadcasted on NHK Mon. ~ Sat. @ 8:15~8:30AM
The series is half done at the time of this writing, but thought I'd create a topic for it since it's a great NHK drama full of laughter and emotions. Will help seed older episodes if needed!

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Jan 30th, '08, 05:54

This drama is the best asadorama since Junjou Kirari. Great balance between comedy and character growth.
Kanjiya Shihori is uniquely suited to these types of bumbling/comedic types of characters, but at the same time, she is excellent in the more dramatic and emotional scenes.

And honestly, I believe that Wakui Emi has found a new niche portraying mother roles. She is absolutely fabulous in them all. :lol

This drama made me go searching for some of my old Itsuki Hiroshi album collections too.
Aaa~ dare ni mo furusato ga aru~ :music:

magi.sys
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 10th, '05, 09:21

Post by magi.sys » Jan 30th, '08, 07:01

mizune wrote:This drama is the best asadorama since Junjou Kirari. Great balance between comedy and character growth.
Kanjiya Shihori is uniquely suited to these types of bumbling/comedic types of characters, but at the same time, she is excellent in the more dramatic and emotional scenes.
I totally agree. I'd go as far as to say it's the best drama this season IMHO.
Kanjiya's acting is exceptional. She's not even from Kansai!!! :goggle:
And like you said, Wakui has become a great "mother" character as well.

I know that asadoras don't get the attention the getsu9 and some other dramas do, but you are missing out if you're not watching this series!

Sapporo Girl
Posts: 207
Joined: Apr 18th, '07, 10:22
Location: Sapporo

Post by Sapporo Girl » Feb 1st, '08, 10:16

It doesn't matter if the asadoras get the attention the dime a dozen dramas do, they were continue!!! My family and I spend everySaturday morning watching this drama in bulk. I want to kick myself for missing the first 25 or so!! It is absolutely brilliant for all the reasons listed above!

Believe it or not, young people in my university are now turning towards Rakugo as a means of self-expression. They believe in the lessons taught in those stories. Because most of them are too poor to own television, they didn't know there was an asadora focusing on Rakugo, so I invited the people I know to download from here. I hope they do. I'll probably shell out the big bucks and buy the DVDs. I absolutely love this drama!

User avatar
lediableblanc
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 31st, '08, 00:53
Location: France

Post by lediableblanc » Feb 7th, '08, 01:28

Hi. I can't get enough of this show.

But I don't get some of the storylines either (very limited Japanese). Can someone please give me an idea on what's happening with some of the characters? I need info on:
Kiyomi's parents,
Kojiro and Natsuko,
Kiyomi-A (why did she suddenly appear?), and
Kiyomi-B's younger brother (the college issue)

Thanks. And I hope you don't mind, I seem to have asked too many questions.

magi.sys
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 10th, '05, 09:21

Post by magi.sys » Feb 7th, '08, 01:46

Assuming you've seen up to last week.
open spoiler
Kiyomi's parents, mother goes to Osaka because she senses something wrong with Soujaku Shisho.
Kojiro and Natsuko, not married yet. Natsuko told him they wont marry till he saves 2,000,000 yen probably because she wants him to change or knows he cant do it.
Kiyomi-A, not sure yet but seems her Tokyo efforts didn't work out too good. Turn into a bad girl ;) Her familly is having issues too. Lots of debt, and mother is ill. The brother that left the family is the only one that seems happy.
Kiyomi-B's bro knew that his parents couldn't afford to pay for college so pretty much gave up on his dreams. His parents got in a fight for him, but they seemed to forget once they got back together...

This coming week should be interesting. Sojaku doesn't look too good....

User avatar
lediableblanc
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 31st, '08, 00:53
Location: France

Post by lediableblanc » Feb 9th, '08, 06:12

magi.sys wrote:Assuming you've seen up to last week.
open spoiler
Kiyomi's parents, mother goes to Osaka because she senses something wrong with Soujaku Shisho.
Kojiro and Natsuko, not married yet. Natsuko told him they wont marry till he saves 2,000,000 yen probably because she wants him to change or knows he cant do it.
Kiyomi-A, not sure yet but seems her Tokyo efforts didn't work out too good. Turn into a bad girl ;) Her familly is having issues too. Lots of debt, and mother is ill. The brother that left the family is the only one that seems happy.
Kiyomi-B's bro knew that his parents couldn't afford to pay for college so pretty much gave up on his dreams. His parents got in a fight for him, but they seemed to forget once they got back together...

This coming week should be interesting. Sojaku doesn't look too good....
Thanks! :salut:

User avatar
MochaValencia
Posts: 163
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 10:03

Post by MochaValencia » Mar 9th, '08, 15:02

Only three more weeks left... noooo... I don't want this to end yet :shocked: time just zips by when you're watching a good drama (considering that I cannot understand some parts... context clues and basic phrases are my best buds). This is my first Asadora, and I wasn't disappointed. And Kanjiya Shihori should get more lead roles.

@mizune: I agree about Wakui Emi :thumright:

scaturan
Posts: 110
Joined: Jul 4th, '07, 02:52
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by scaturan » Mar 9th, '08, 15:36

yep, just got started with the series. I saw the SP episode and Kanjiya clearly is another budding actress to keep an eye on. Mizune mentioned something about her being good friends with Motokariya Yuika that's what i decided to checkout her works.

magi.sys
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 10th, '05, 09:21

Post by magi.sys » Mar 10th, '08, 00:16

MochaValencia wrote:And Kanjiya Shihori should get more lead roles.:
It's your lucky day! Kanjiya is getting a lead role in a drama with Kaname Jun.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kimihan/

User avatar
MochaValencia
Posts: 163
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 10:03

Post by MochaValencia » Mar 10th, '08, 08:02

magi.sys wrote:
It's your lucky day! Kanjiya is getting a lead role in a drama with Kaname Jun.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kimihan/
Cool! Looks like a fun series. Thanks for the heads up! I remember Kaname Jun from Denchi ga Kirerumade.. Ok, Matsuda Shota, Aoki Munetaka then Jun...they keep casting Shihori with the taller guys (and no, that's not a bad thing.. haha) :lol

At least we get to see some of the cast members after this Asadora. Both Kanjiya Shihori (Kimi Hannin Janai yo ne?) and Hara Sachie (Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2) will be on TV Asahi.

Does NHK do specials for every Asadora (well, for Chiritotechin, aside from the SP which came after ep30). I think I saw a Dondo Bare SP before New year's.. or I could be wrong. :scratch:

:lol

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Mar 10th, '08, 08:34

MochaValencia wrote:Does NHK do specials for every Asadora (well, for Chiritotechin, aside from the SP which came after ep30). I think I saw a Dondo Bare SP before New year's.. or I could be wrong. :scratch:
Well, NHK puts out two types of "specials". The special that is released for every asadora is in the form of an "introduction" to the series, which is why most of these pop up during the airing of the renzoku, usually one to two weeks after the start. This SP covers the cast, as well as show previews of upcoming weeks. I like the Kaze no Haruka SP (aired after week 1) because Murakawa Eri was in complete shock when she was told she got the part, and even thought the producer were joking. And sometimes they show the "passing of the baton" ceremony where the heroines of the current and future shows exchange gifts. The exchange between Wakaba and FIGHT was the last I've seen.

NHK also release specials after the renzoku ends, usually a year or two after. Asadora that have SPs in this form include:

- Churasan 2 to 4 (please stop!!!!!)
- Watashi no Aozora 2000
- Kaze no Haruka SP (I don't believe Haruka was even in this one)

There may be others, but late at night my head isn't working to its potential.

--- groink

User avatar
MochaValencia
Posts: 163
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 10:03

Post by MochaValencia » Mar 12th, '08, 12:51

groink wrote: Well, NHK puts out two types of "specials". The special that is released for every asadora is in the form of an "introduction" to the series, which is why most of these pop up during the airing of the renzoku, usually one to two weeks after the start. This SP covers the cast, as well as show previews of upcoming weeks. I like the Kaze no Haruka SP (aired after week 1) because Murakawa Eri was in complete shock when she was told she got the part, and even thought the producer were joking. And sometimes they show the "passing of the baton" ceremony where the heroines of the current and future shows exchange gifts. The exchange between Wakaba and FIGHT was the last I've seen.

NHK also release specials after the renzoku ends, usually a year or two after.

--- groink
Great! Thanks for the info! :salut:

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Mar 20th, '08, 06:46

Ahh.... only a couple more weeks left...
So I was watching the Talk SP (Kyo kara Fukui ga furusato ya), and just realized how well NHK managed to incorporate the specialties and famous locations in Fukui Prefecture into the story. Outside of the obvious laquer chopsticks, I didn't really think about how much significance things like the dinosaur museum, historic district of Obama, and grilled fish were to the identity of Fukui and Obama.

So after seeing that, it finally clicked why Itsuki Hiroshi was so (seemingly) randomly stuck into the story, besides the significance of furusato. He's originally from Fukui. ^_^;

Man, I don't know why I was so slow to notice...
It's what they pretty much always do for all their stories (outside those set in Tokyo and Osaka)... :doh:

Prince of Moles
Posts: 217
Joined: Dec 26th, '05, 02:50
Location: Beneath NYC

Post by Prince of Moles » Apr 11th, '08, 13:54

Darn it, the ending to this series was weak. (Not gonna spoil the ending for those who didn't watch the end since you should still watch it.)

Ok, but beside that this was one excellent asadora. I guess in a sense, what was important was the journey and not the destination.

I've been a fan of rakugo since I was in high school, but it's good to see a recent up turn in interest in this old genre from Tiger and Dragon to Chiritotechin. (Personally though I prefer Edo rakugo over Kamigata rakugo, but that's kinda irrelevant.)

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Nov 5th, '08, 03:48

http://www.reuters.com/article/politics ... RV20081103
Saw this article and was reminded of this series....

Can you picture Obama (in Obama) with a couple skewers of grilled fish and touring through the dinosaur museum or something? ^_^;

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests