[Discussion] Bara no nai Hanaya: Katori Shingo/Takeuchi Yuko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 12th, '08, 07:04

Terajima Susumu (the cafe master) and Shaku Yumiko (Ono-sensei) were guests in Bistro Smap last night. Both of them were interesting people! And Shingo donned that rose costume again.... somehow it's getting old x)

Oh there was a BaraHanaya SP yesterday, on 2 PM, mostly it was a digest of Ep1 to Ep4, but in-between there were the making footages!!! Waahh.... ureshiii!! But there were not so much of it...

1. Yagi Yuki-chan lost her front teeth in the middle of Ep1 filming!! haha... so I'd take it, that she has to use fake tooth for filming. So cute, when she was sitting on Shingo's lap, Shingo asked her, "How come you lost two of your front teeth?". Yuki-chan answered, "I forgot... I think I accidentally swallowed one, and I think I just took off the other one, coz it felt like it almost fall off already,".

2. During dinner scene of Eiji, Shizuku and Naoya. Matsuda Shota did an NG. While he was eating and talking, he choked and coughed. Shingo tried to hold back his laugh coz they're still filming and the director didn't say cut. Shingo still acting as Eiji asked him, "You alright?". Then Shingo noticed something and said, "Seem like something came out...". The whole staff laughed. Haha... in the end, the director yelled, "cut". Shota said, "It's definitely the shishamo(fish)! I really can't eat that,". lol!

3. During the snow ending titleback filming, Takeuchi Yuko showed Shingo a pillow which form looked like Shizuku's head in the hood. Shingo laughed, "Shizuku~!!". Then Shingo play a bit with the pillow acting like it's Shizuku hiding behind his back. Then he said, "Shizuku... just the head..... who did this to you??". Yuko and the staff laughed^^

Matsuda Shota also came as a guest in yesterday's IiTomo. He came in the game segment that Shingo hosted. Shingo tried to talk to him, but Shota didn't reply much (well, he is a quiet guy xD). The other hosts asked, "So do the two of you get along on the set?". Shingo said, "yes, yes... we get along very well,". "Seriously? But the atmosphere now doesn't show that at all!".
Then Shingo revealed, "I think it was yesterday.. no, 2 days ago... he said to me 'hey, I'm going to appear in IiTomo... I'll make a cheerful appearance!'." The other hosts laughed coz Shota was totally quiet since he came out, so one of the hosts told him, "Then, let's start over!! Start over!", he pushed Shota back to backstage, haha.
Shingo start over again, "Today's guest! Matsuda Shota-kun!". Then Shota came out, lifting one of his arm up and then he actively shake everybody's hands. Hahaha~ Shingo was practically laughing at him like "what was that?".
Then the other hosts comment, "What? Cheerful Shota-kun is different only by lifting his arm like this?". LOL!! It was so funny^^ Shingo teased Shota alot in the show.

I'm glad the rating gets steady... for Ep5 last night it got 17.7%. I thought it was going to 16 xD Yokatta, yokatta~~ Hopefully, it stays 17 for the later eps... and if can, hope it goes up... x)

Catslaughing

Post by Catslaughing » Feb 12th, '08, 14:52

So, I was thinking about not watching episode 5, but there's helpful Japanese subs up now and it's kinda interesting watching the manipulative people at work (even if you want to bash them all over the head...) ^^;

kero_kerberus

Post by kero_kerberus » Feb 12th, '08, 15:19

i know the hospital doctor true aim le....

WHat the most important thing to Eiji now.... His daughter of course!!!
it not the money as Eiji never have much money to begin with and because of money he had a past the wanna change.
the only way to destroy Eiji is to take away his only support.
Mio is totally just a toy, i think anzai wanna use Eiji and Mio relationship to get back Eiji;s daughter.( i believe is a law thing)
Btw how many ep does this drama have? hope it either too short or too long

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 12th, '08, 21:14

I believe, it's 11 episodes.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Feb 14th, '08, 02:46

about ep 5..
so it looks like eiji will find out mio's not really blind next week.. :crazy: anyhow, the thing it didn't get was at the very end when mio told anzai sensei that eiji has given her the money..then ...my japanese got me as far as...him telling her to get an eye surgery?? for real? is there something wrong with mio's eyes? :unsure:
i just want to say shizuku is SOOOOOOOO adorable in her role. she'd no doubt be a great actress if she keeps it up! maybe better than nakama yukie!! :P

canon05

Post by canon05 » Feb 14th, '08, 03:07

about ep 4:-)
When Mio told Naoya her plans to clear up the misunderstanding between the director and Eiji and find out the cause, Naoya said there's no need to find out the cause and gave her a DVD, he said, "After watching it, you'll be cursed and die within a week." LOL This seems to refer to one of her early works "Ringu".

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 14th, '08, 03:24

Hmm... Sorry to ask this. Still no fansub subbing this drama?

theteam

Post by theteam » Feb 14th, '08, 03:52

terence_hideyoshi wrote:Hmm... Sorry to ask this. Still no fansub subbing this drama?
Love Song is currently subbing this drama o.O
they subbed up to 1-4

Catslaughing

Post by Catslaughing » Feb 14th, '08, 13:17

@harukaya and other thoughts:
I'm not sure Eiji would find out next week. At least, I didn't see anything in the episode indicating that.

Anyway, nothing's wrong with her eyes, from what I can tell, the doctor is proposing that Mio goes ahead and -pretends- to have the sight-restoring surgery, so she can continue to see Eiji, instead of disappearing from his life as she was planning to after she got the money from him and ended her part in the plan. Of course, the doctor's just going to pull the rug out from under her and, I'm sure, reveal the lie to Eiji later to devastate him, if she's silly enough to go along with it. Though, the doctor now has even more power over her with her father's health crisis, since he's the star surgeon and is the best one to save his life, blahblahblah... And I'm not sure if the money would go towards her father's surgery 'cause they wouldn't be able to give it back if she's goes through with the pretend surgery and keeps seeing Eiji.

Also, there's gangsters chasing Naoya. What the heck?

Also, anyone else amused that Mio's father misconstrued the earlier scene and assumes that Mio's in love with Naoya?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But, I like how he kept jabbing at the hospital chief. "Wouldn't it be nice to have a daughter??" after the hospital boss said he didn't have any children. Interesting that he wouldn't admit he had children, though 'course it be kinda hard to explain what happened to his daughter...

Don't mind the overly long run-on sentences, there's just too much going on in this drama to explain in shorter sentences... XD
oh, and Yumiko was just on Utaban, I missed if she said anything about the drama, but she was responding to a confession of love from the ELT guitarist. ^^

voth

Post by voth » Feb 14th, '08, 23:08

Episode 5 stuff, move along if you don't want to know anything about the episode.
I really liked the ending of episode 5, the sticker pictures (whatever they're called) it had a real 'teenager' feel to it.

I'm not really sure how to interpret the 'mission complete' or the Ono (Yuki) and Naoya thing, that just seems odd to me.

I think the preview for episode 6 has me as concerned if not more. I'm curious as to how Shizuku and Teruo (evil sob doctor) come in contact with each other.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 16th, '08, 09:29

picture sticker is called "purikura" in Japanese.

I just saw ep5. I just adore shizuku the most in the drama ^^; She's really the cutest thing. I'll really miss her when the drama ends. I hope the doctor and Naoya rots in hell though :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 16th, '08, 11:37

Nooo~ Naoya will turn good! Trust me! :P hehe...
I like Naoya's character, the way he talk and all^^ And I think Ono-sensei will somehow change him...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 16th, '08, 11:39

This is Katori Shingo and Takeuchi Yuko's impressions after the SmaSTATION show. It's interesting to know what they think of each other, and they mentioned some things about "Bara no nai Hanaya" too.
SmaTIMES #277

[note: SmaTIMES is a TAKE-FREE paper published by TV Asahi, a review of SmaSTATION live program]

shots of the paper and translation by Yanie

The Live Show Summary Report

Tonight's SmaSTATION is "Best 30 Anime Heroines chosen by adults!". And tonight's guest is the star of "Team Batista no Eikou"[The Glory of Team Batista] movie which premiere today, and also Katori-chief editor's co-star in the big hit drama that is recently showing, "Bara no nai Hanaya", Takeuchi Yuko!
Katori-chief editor's favorite anime heroine is Mine Fujiko from "Lupin III". Takeuchi-san's favorite is Oscar from "Rose of Versailles". And Oshita-announcer's favorite is Ayuhara Kozue from "Attack No. 1". Of course, these 3 choices were included in the list. The Best 3 of the rank are: #1 is Asakura Minami from "TOUCH", #2 is Mine Fujiko from "Lupin III", and #3 is Ramu from "Uru Hoshi Yatsura".
"There were many of them broadcasted before I was born, but I actually know all of them," Takeuchi-san said. The fact that one anime has many fans from the next generations, it shows how much impact the anime has.
Katori-chief editor was shocked to see the "fan service" scenes of Mine Fujiko, Ramu-chan and even Shizuka. It made him thinking, "I want to watch anime, na~". He is very busy in present time, so it seems like he don't have time at all to watch anime.
By the way, when the question of "Have you ever cried watching anime?" came, both Takeuchi-san and chief editor thought of the same anime which is "Hotaru no Haka" [Grave of Fireflies]. Chief editor said, "I felt like 'I got it!' 'I had enough!', and I just can't watch that again,".

Shingo5: Heroes Cannot Win Over Heroines!

Tonight's special is some kind of a healing for Katori-chief editor, and that's exactly the charm that the anime heroines has.
"We cannot win over the heroines... somehow I feel that way. The women's kindness, and power... Probably because their goddess-like existence. Sometimes, the male leads in comics, even with their rough and violent personalities, they can never resist the heroines' charm, right? It seems like the heroines always take over control of one whole world of each story, ne. Just like Fujiko, is she a foe? Is she an ally? No one actually knows. But if she's a man, no one would forgive her. I totally understand Lupin's feelings when he lost to her beauty and forgive her. Goemon and Sugimoto too, they forgive her, right? Well, Lupin has feelings for her, so it's obvious that he forgive her, but Sugimoto and the others always complain when she comes again like "Here she comes again!", but in the end they forgive her, anyway.
Is "Ohanaya-san" losing to Yuko-chan too? He must have lost to her beauty, ne. But that goes to Shizuku too. That's why, I had chummy talks with Yuko-chan, in a place where Shizuku cannot see us (laughs)."
Surrounded by Mio and Shizuku, we'd also really like to know Eiji-san's fate...

Guest Talk: Takeuchi Yuko-san
"Today, Katori-san was Katori Shingo-san. It felt 'Aa~ he's wearing a suit! (laughs)'."

--What is your impression after appearing in this show?
I heard that one hour would felt really short, and it was really shorter than I imagined, ne. While I was watching the Best 30 recaps, I thought "I watched that, I watched that", "I know this, I know this" and suddenly it has ended. It felt like watching it at home and it was fun. Since Katori-san was there beside me, that also made me feel relax and I didn't feel nervous at all.

--It seem like you've watched all the animes in the Best 30 rank, ne.
Sou desu ne. Of course, I might have watched the reruns of most of them. When I was a child, I think I watched most animes that broadcasted before 9 o'clock.

--You said, you like Oscar from Rose of Versailles, was there any other heroines in the rank, that impressed you?
Akubi-chan from "Action Omao", ne. She was really cute. Also, surprisingly, I didn't know about that ending scene. Aside "Action Omao"'s ending, I also felt moved with some of the others too.

--Is there any anime you'd like to watch now?
I didn't know there was a special episode of "TOUCH". I want to watch that. I wanna know what happen to Asakura Minami after the ending of the series. I also feel like I want to watch the whole series of some other anime.

--Recently, you're starring "Bara no nai Hanaya" drama together with Katori-san, is there any difference between Katori-san on the filming set and Katori-san on SmaSute?
Yes, there is. Felt like, "Aa~ he's wearing a suit" (laughs). On the filming set, of course, he is Eiji-san, so just like the character, he is a kind-hearted man. Too kind actually, that it makes me feel worry. But today, he was Katori Shingo-san, ne (laughs). Actually, today his attention and careness to his surrounding, was just the same like on the filming set, but today that part of him made me enjoy the show, and plus, it made me feel happy during the show. He is the kind of person who can make other people feel relax, so on the filming set, he also made me feel at ease.

--Actually, Katori-san also commented, "Today, Takeuchi-san looks different".
Yeah, he said to me, "Your hairstyle is different, your make-up is different,". I guess the difference is quite visible, ne (laughs).

--Last question, "Team Batista no Eikou" premiere today, February 9th. Can you please give the readers a summary of the plot? You said, that although it's a medical mystery, you filmed it thinking that it is a comedy, ne.
I think this movie can be enjoyed by young, old, men and women. It may has a wide-range of audience. There was a mistake in a surgery done in a hospital, so my character and the character acted by Abe Hiroshi-san came to investigate the case. We are investigating a heart transplantation surgery team of 7 people called "Team Batista". Although this is a medical mystery, but there were some funny dialogues too, that can make people laugh. I had fun filming it. But actually if you think more to it, those were actually scary lines. When the culprit is revealed, I'm sure it will make the audience think about the medical problems happening at this very moment. Well, anyway, please watch the movie with a light feeling.

Announcer Oshita

It was a rank of Anime Heroines with Takeuchi Yuko-san as the guest. To see Katori-san and Takeuchi-san sitting side by side like that, it looked beautiful to the eyes. It felt like seeing a perfect "Hero and Heroine" pair. Especially, the real Takeuchi-san is much more prettier than the Takeuchi-san on TV. Her eyes are shining, she looks exactly like an anime heroine, to me. I was really interested in the heroine ranks. The one I liked the most, Ayuhara Kozue from "Attack No. 1" was an old anime, so I thought it won't get into the rank, but it was, so I'm glad (laughs). Katori-san and Takeuchi-san knows the animes from the late 60s and the early 70s era, apparently due to the reruns, ne. Lupin III had been rerun on television for so many times, so everyone must've known, ne. That, and I also feel surprised of so many erotic scenes. Of course I know about Lupin III, but the anime I thought I quite watched, "Uchuu Senkan Yamato", also had that kind of scenes, I didn't know that! I was surprised. After watching the Best 30 Rank, the anime I want to watch the most is "Alps no Shoujo, Heidi".

Editor in Chief (Katori Shingo)
"I wanted Fujiko to be #1, but I'm glad Shizuka was #8"

-The anime heroine special was really good, ne. It made me feel "Anime is really good,". 30 animes shown moment by moment, I felt really healed. Now I feel like I want to watch anime. I want to buy the DVD boxes and watch one whole anime series at one go, while eating snacks. Then I want to be able to say, "I'm sleep-deprived watching anime..." (laughs). Right now, I really have no time for that...
-I wanted Fujiko to be #1. Although I wanted Fujiko to be #1, but I was happy that Shizuka-chan was #8, I quite like her. Actually, I won't mind for her to be at a lower rank, but she made it to the Top Ten. Kakkoii, na~ Yappari, Doraemon is strong!
-I think I know most of them. But in this special, there were some anime that I thought, "Ah, so that's the story!". I learned alot. I also didn't know that the leading character of "Ribon no Kishi" is Sapphire.
-Takeuchi Yuko-san is really BEAUTIFUL. Some parts of her are also cute, she's really a heroine. She's also a person who cares alot and pay attention to her surrounding. I really think she's an excellent(subarashii) woman. That's why, we really matched on the filming set. I mean, as Shiomi Eiji-kun, I really matched with her. However, in SmaSute, there are some parts of me, I didn't want her to see (laughs). During the Best 30 VTR, I didn't want her to see me, while talking, shown on that little wipe screen next to her. So I think I really did my best today. "Today is SmaSTATION!!" (laughs). Letting her know, "I can be like this too!", something like that (laughs).

Shingo's Drawing for this week's SmaTIMES

==END==

I'm sorry, it's kinda hard to catch what Shingo means... he likes to talk in circles... So I just translated directly of what was written in Japanese xD And there was also some things Yuko said, that I couldn't quite understand...she also talked in circle a bit x) Esp. when they tried to convey what they think of each other :whistling:

Oh, and I'm surprised that Yuko thinks Shingo made her feel relax. I've read Matsu Takako and Tanaka Rena's impression after their appearances in SmaSTATION. They said, they were both quite nervous during the show. And Shingo was even criticized a bit by some Matsu fans, when Matsu appeared in the show 2 years ago, coz it seem like Shingo was running out of topics to talk about with her, and they were both not at ease at all xD Well, maybe Shingo has learned how to be a good host, in these 2 years :D

voth

Post by voth » Feb 16th, '08, 14:55

yanie wrote:This is Katori Shingo and Takeuchi Yuko's impressions after the SmaSTATION show. It's interesting to know what they think of each other, and they mentioned some things about "Bara no nai Hanaya" too.
Thanks for translating that. It was an interesting show

canon05

Post by canon05 » Feb 16th, '08, 21:03

@yanie - thanks for the translation. :-)

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 18th, '08, 05:11

theteam wrote:
terence_hideyoshi wrote:Hmm... Sorry to ask this. Still no fansub subbing this drama?
Love Song is currently subbing this drama o.O
they subbed up to 1-4
oh is it? Many many thanks. :mrgreen: :salut:

terence_hideyoshi

Post by terence_hideyoshi » Feb 18th, '08, 05:17

@yanie: Thanks for the translation. :mrgreen:

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 18th, '08, 12:26

Well, I have to let out a real time "OH SNAP!!!!"

Wasn't expecting that!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 18th, '08, 13:59

hikkichan wrote:Wasn't expecting that!
Wasn't expecting what? :lol
The scene in the hospital was awesome!! With the piano sound as background... Tear came out of my eye... And the scene at the beach "Konnichiwa" "Sayonara", soooo awkward!! But I guess that's what makes this drama called "Nojima Shinji World" :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 18th, '08, 14:34

Oh, when you watch the end of preview for Ep7... you'll think, "Omg! Sadako coming out of Mio's TV!! Sadako haunts Takeuchi Yuko back!!!" LOL! :lol (FYI, she had a small role, one of the victim in The Ring, the horror movie which was released on 1998)

Next week's episode might be a horror :lol

voth

Post by voth » Feb 18th, '08, 15:42

Episode 6 stuff, if you don't wanna know move along.
What little I was able to see of it, I was kind in awe. I was able to watch the first few minutes of it (I assume Mio moving out of the apartment was the beginning) and couldn't saying "WTF is going on?"

I was also a little confused over the scene where Ejji and Mio are on the beach (just after her "surgery"). His actions were very non-Ejji like. From what I could scape together (from my poor understanding of Japanese) it seemed as if Ejji found out that Mio could see (before the "surgery").

I look forward to seeing the episode in its entirety and the torture of waiting another week to see what else happens.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 19th, '08, 08:36

Does anyone know the name of the piano piece played by Anzai(director hospital) in Episode 6?

kero_kerberus

Post by kero_kerberus » Feb 20th, '08, 04:53

ep 6
more twist and twist... but my guess of anzai aim was right. Anzai really put his whole heart to destroy Eiji.... a master of using people heart. Next ep almost all lie will be know... Eiji show the hidden self?... what will all this affect shizuku!!! So many dark twist round the corner...this drama rulez

takaraieri

Post by takaraieri » Feb 20th, '08, 06:36

kero_kerberus wrote:ep 6
more twist and twist... but my guess of anzai aim was right. Anzai really put his whole heart to destroy Eiji.... a master of using people heart. Next ep almost all lie will be know... Eiji show the hidden self?... what will all this affect shizuku!!! So many dark twist round the corner...this drama rulez
Couldn't agree more. Eiji's actions were not what we all are used to see.
And I must say that scene at the hospital gave me the chills... That one at the beach, OMG, I couldn't help thinking 'if I were him, I guess I'd leave her there all by herself'.
Ok, that's my dark side rising, hehehe 8)

I expect to see more of this "other Eiji" on the next episode.

Rori

Post by Rori » Feb 20th, '08, 09:06

Episode 6:
The beach scene was really beautiful I thought. But one side of me agrees with the idea that he should have left her standing there.

Ep 7 preview:

Oh my god I hope it wasn't Shizuku Eiji just snapped at.
Surprised at the end though, what exactly was it Mio saw on the video?

takaraieri

to Rori-san

Post by takaraieri » Feb 20th, '08, 13:20

About that video...
I guess it was that DVD Naoya (I guess) gave her. It's a copy of some Shizuku's mother video letter. Aaand, as someone else here said, that scene reminds us of Ringu - and Takeuchi-san had a small role on that movie. Maybe it's some kind of joke :P

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Feb 20th, '08, 14:39

Finally watched episode 6...was desperate as it wasn't released for d/ling as swiftly as the other weeks!!
I didn’t think that Mio was going to be ‘haunted’ in the spoiler..the screen made me feel like she saw/discovered something in the video??

I feel so sorry for Eiji and Mio…they are completely trapped emotionally and mentally! Mio surely loves Eiji…but I’m very worried how Eiji feels for her as he is not as plain and simple and Mio…although Mio is lying to Eiji..her feelings are not a lie..Eiji is not lying to Mio but are his feelings towards her really and true? I’m worried that Mio is the one that loves Eiji and he doesn’t truly love her…but the fact that he seems reluctant to ‘ask her’ anything..makes me feel like he doesn’t want to lose her…but is that because he loves her or is it because he wants to find out who is scheming the plot? He is with her for revenge or another motive instead of love? I feel bad for Mio..although she is the liar...I don’t see her as ‘bad’. Oh~ how is it going to develop between her and Eiji? I really hope Eiji doesn’t hurt her cos I don’t think Mio will hurt Eiji (besides taking his money). It was sad watching her cry on the phone and seeing her feel her guilt and confusion with everything while Eiji was sort of looking less emotional and in fact a bit ‘heartless’! The hospital scene really killed me…though it was inevitable that Eiji will find out sooner or later that Mio is/was not blind but it still killed my heart!! I really wonder what Eiji is really like as I'm almost convinced that he is not his true nature.

Oh, we also see that Shizuku's mum is not blind as she wasn't walking with a cane in the videos..and the fact that she looked like she was walking on campus means that there's definately someone filming her...who?? we could tell before with all the zooming on the videos but with the video of her walk, we can definately confirm that its not self-filmed!!

I really hope the drama doesn’t develop into some legal battle affair cos that wouldn’t be very appealing…I really can’t wait for the next episodes!!
Also thanks again and again Yanie for your translations!!

voth

Post by voth » Feb 20th, '08, 19:30

fifimimi wrote:
I didn’t think that Mio was going to be ‘haunted’ in the spoiler..the screen made me feel like she saw/discovered something in the video??

I feel so sorry for Eiji and Mio…they are completely trapped emotionally and mentally! Mio surely loves Eiji…but I’m very worried how Eiji feels for her as he is not as plain and simple and Mio…although Mio is lying to Eiji..her feelings are not a lie..Eiji is not lying to Mio but are his feelings towards her really and true? I’m worried that Mio is the one that loves Eiji and he doesn’t truly love her…but the fact that he seems reluctant to ‘ask her’ anything..makes me feel like he doesn’t want to lose her…but is that because he loves her or is it because he wants to find out who is scheming the plot? He is with her for revenge or another motive instead of love? I feel bad for Mio..although she is the liar...I don’t see her as ‘bad’. Oh~ how is it going to develop between her and Eiji? I really hope Eiji doesn’t hurt her cos I don’t think Mio will hurt Eiji (besides taking his money). It was sad watching her cry on the phone and seeing her feel her guilt and confusion with everything while Eiji was sort of looking less emotional and in fact a bit ‘heartless’! The hospital scene really killed me…though it was inevitable that Eiji will find out sooner or later that Mio is/was not blind but it still killed my heart!! I really wonder what Eiji is really like as I'm almost convinced that he is not his true nature.

Oh, we also see that Shizuku's mum is not blind as she wasn't walking with a cane in the videos..and the fact that she looked like she was walking on campus means that there's definately someone filming her...who?? we could tell before with all the zooming on the videos but with the video of her walk, we can definately confirm that its not self-filmed!!

I really hope the drama doesn’t develop into some legal battle affair cos that wouldn’t be very appealing…I really can’t wait for the next episodes!!
Comments based on fifimini's thoughts on episode 6
Crazy idea came to mind because of fifimimi's comments. What if Eiji was the one making the video letters and in fact is not Shizuku's father? Crazy thought I know, but almost sounds plausible. The spoiler for episode 7 may confirm this crazy thought.

As for Mio and Eiji i'd say everything is up in the air, anything can happen. You can tell Mio's feelings are both real and somewhat confused, Eiji on the other hand are in doubt.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires in next episode.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Feb 24th, '08, 23:56

I haven't yet watched the subbed version of ep6 but from watching the raw one...
I'm confused as to whether Mio did actually have something done to her eyes?? I watched ep5 subbed and the hospital director told her to have a retina operation...he meant 'act' you had one right??
Only a few hours to go to the next episode..hope it gets uploaded without the wait like last week which really got me worried that supply chain stopped!! (I'm not complaining~gomen!) :roll
Last edited by fifimimi on Feb 25th, '08, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 25th, '08, 12:36

Gah... my jaw hurts so much from hitting the ground so many times from tonight's episode... and we still hav 20 minutes to go.
And, wow... one of our mods hit the nail right on the head! The biggest secret is out of the bag now... or so we think... I wonder what else they have in store for us...

Kind of gave it away when Shizuku's mom wanted to introduce her cameraman.

Ahhhh... so many more layers to unravel, now.

And, next week, Doc knows that he's been **** up the wrong person's life
Last edited by hikkichan on Feb 25th, '08, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Feb 25th, '08, 12:50

hikkichan wrote:Gah... my jaw hurts so much from hitting the ground so many times from tonight's episode... and we still hav 20 minutes to go.
Im with you. this was the best episode yet. it was so touching and the scenes as usual were amazing!

voth....
you are a genius...............

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 25th, '08, 13:01

So, voth was right. And mizune was right from the beginning (you shouldn't have took back your words :lol)
So... WHAT'S GOING ON???!! If Eiji is not the father, why did everytime Shizuku's mother talk about beauty and the beast, or that you're lonely, blablabla... the scenes always focused on Eiji, although she was NOT talking about him??! The drama staffs tried to fool to the audience?? :blink

That crucial Eiji and Shizuku's scene made me cry buckets!!

And, OMG! Did I see Takenouchi Yutaka in the next week's preview? Or was it only an illusion? :P

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Feb 25th, '08, 13:10

people you're killing me with those info!! nojima's amazing for this plot!! i definitely did not see this coming.. :crazy: i need to watch episode 8..im too excited to see it

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 25th, '08, 13:22

I'm still so much in shock that I forgot to start my 2nd pass of my HEY!x3 encode... blah, I was hoping to get to sleep early tonight, too.

Gah!!!!! This week was just too good!

voth

Post by voth » Feb 25th, '08, 15:30

My thoughts about the previous statements and a preview of episode 8 (in Japanese)
I think I would rather have been wrong on all accounts.

I haven't seen the episode yet, so i can't speculate on anything else. Like most of you guys/gals I'll be climbing the walls until the RAW hits; if the previous comments are correct my jaw will drop a few times as well fists banging on the desk, wads of paper against the monitor, etc.

Basing this information of the preview (found on one or more Japanese tv guides):
I wonder how the custody battle will unfold?

And for those who understand Japanese better than I (Preview for the 3/3 show):

◇薔薇のない花屋◇雫(八木優希)を手放す決意をした英治(香取慎吾)は、生花店の閉店準備を進めていた。ある日、英治は小野(釈由美子)から雫が学校でバリケードを張っていると聞き、駆け付ける。英治が教室に入ると、色とりどりのずきんをかぶった雫と同じくらいの背格好をした女子児童が並んでいた。雫は、この中から本物の雫を当てた時だけ、英治の言う通り祖父のもとへ行くという。一方、美桜(竹内結子)は雫の母親(本仮屋ユイカ)が残したビデオを撮影していた友人が英治だったことを桂子(池内淳子)に伝える。

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 26th, '08, 07:57

does anyone have the song for zutto issho sa?

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Feb 26th, '08, 08:59

seirin wrote:does anyone have the song for zutto issho sa?
Yamashita Tatsuro - Zutto Issho sa
http://www.mediafire.com/?tp99gjc1dk1

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 26th, '08, 09:28

thanks for the file! :) The song is so lovely

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Feb 26th, '08, 12:15

to voth
Im kinda sorry that you learned through spoilers about your guess. I think we should all be a bit careful with spoilers, so I apologize.
I think knowing this will actually kinda ruin seeing this amazing episode and feeling what we felt when we watched it. I hope you can enjoy it.
minna, lets be a bit more careful with spoilers!
and seriously ONLY for those who've see last night's episode....
I wonder about Eiji's reaction to hitting Shizuku. I would imagine that his words, what he said and how he said what he said to Shizuku would be far more damaging and hurting -esp in the long-run- than a slap..... am I the only one who thinks this way?

voth

Post by voth » Feb 26th, '08, 16:24

hadmish wrote:to voth
Im kinda sorry that you learned through spoilers about your guess. I think we should all be a bit careful with spoilers, so I apologize.
I think knowing this will actually kinda ruin seeing this amazing episode and feeling what we felt when we watched it. I hope you can enjoy it.
minna, lets be a bit more careful with spoilers!
and seriously ONLY for those who've see last night's episode....
I wonder about Eiji's reaction to hitting Shizuku. I would imagine that his words, what he said and how he said what he said to Shizuku would be far more damaging and hurting -esp in the long-run- than a slap..... am I the only one who thinks this way?
It was really a long shot anyway. The best dramas have twists and turns to throw people off what could/would happen in the series. I just happen to have been right this one time. As for censoring episode synopsis's stuff like this is bound to happen especially with a popular show like this.

I often wonder about some of things previous posters bring up when they watch the show or see the actors/actresses on other shows or read in trade magazines about what the director/screenwriter has in store for the show before a majority of the episodes have aired. One comment in particular revolves around the meaning of the ending piece (snow scene) and how it has a certain meaning which leads some of us (if not all of us) to speculate if other things have certain meaning.

Example of what I am referring to in the above paragraph
Example (probably a crazy one to boot): Ending of episode 5 when Mio goes into the SOB's doctor's office with Eiji's and Shizuku's money how her walk is so unprocessed (almost as if it was shot on a handicam or the like). Does that scene have an underlying meaning up to that point of the show or beyond? Does it only show Mio's reluctance to taking money from Eiji/Shizuku by deceiving them? Most people would see that as an obvious observation, but you never know what these things really mean.
Above all of this ranting (or rambling) I am doing I like most of you just want to see how this show is going to end. With any luck it will end exactly how we envision it to. But it would not be the first time a show has disappointed its audience.

Fuurin

Twists and turns

Post by Fuurin » Feb 26th, '08, 21:38

I just can't wait for episode 8. This is one of the most absorbing dramas I've seen in quite a while. Yuko Takeuchi has improved a lot as an actress, and Shingo Katori gets a nice meaty role to sink his teeth into. But more than anything it is the story. They'd promised some twists and turns at the outset,
but actually I hadn't really taken voth's suggestion that Eiji might be the cameraman seriously. So Yutaka Takeuchi(?) is the real father, and Anzai has been going after the wrong man all this time. How on earth did Eiji get custody of Shizuku? The real father had somehow wrested Shizuku's mom away from her own father to the point where Eiji is the only one who shows up at the hospital? And everyone just assumes that Eiji is the real father? Wouldn't Shizuku's mom have a different last name?

This also changes our whole view of Eiji. Of course he still mourns the death of Shizuku's mom, but actually he never really had her in the first place. He's lived his life with no love at all, not from his parents nor Shizuku's mom. His relationships with Shizuku is his first real happy one. There have been hints that Eiji has a darker side, but maybe it is nothing more than him feeling guilty about taking Shizuku.

Another thing I loved about the episode was the conversation between the Kengo, the tea shop "master," and Eiji, when Eiji is blaming himself for hitting Shizuku. Kengo says "Sometimes you should show let her see your weaker side. That's what education is all about." Here we are marveling at his sensitivity, when he follows it up with "What I just said, this wonderful advice, make sure you tell Ms. Ono (Yumiko Shaku) I said this." I couldn't stop laughing.

When Eiji first hit Shizuku, I had kind of assumed that he was 'doing it for her own good,' trying to push her into a better life. But in the conversation with Master, he denies this saying that he was annoyed that she wouldn't listen, and hit her in anger. Obviously, Master, Keiko and Mio all think otherwise.

Another thing I found interesting is the far-away father 'pursuing his dream' as Shizuku's mother puts it. This was a theme in "Subarashiki kana jinsei," one of script-writer Nojima's first TV shows. In that drama too, the father makes a triumphant return to reclaim his child, so you wonder if that will happen here.
Anyway, it should be fascinating to see what happens.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Feb 27th, '08, 00:44

this was really a shocking episode for me I had no idea what was going to happen right up until the big reveal.

Once again I finished watching the episode and I'm already dying for it to be Monday again....

don't look if you haven't seen episode 7!!!
i had initially dismissed the whole eiji not being shizuku's dad thing just because I thought that was too obvious a twist but I have to say that I like the way they did it, having eiji be the camera man. It adds new meaning to those scenes we see of him watching the videos of shizuku's mom.
This also partly explains why he wanted shizuku to go live with her grandfather instead of going through a custody trial to avoid shizuku discovering he's not her dad, not to mention any other aspects of eiji's "dark past"
I'm still waiting for the blindness issue to be settled...it seems shizuku's mom wasn't blind but, there has to be some reason why Anzai wanted Mio to pretend to be blind, to get close to eiji...ah, there is so much still left up in the air and only 4 more episodes to go...
@marienella_m thanks for the link to the song, i've been looking for it everywhere.

voth

Post by voth » Feb 27th, '08, 02:05

junebug6272 wrote:this was really a shocking episode for me I had no idea what was going to happen right up until the big reveal.

Once again I finished watching the episode and I'm already dying for it to be Monday again....

don't look if you haven't seen episode 7!!!
i had initially dismissed the whole eiji not being shizuku's dad thing just because I thought that was too obvious a twist but I have to say that I like the way they did it, having eiji be the camera man. It adds new meaning to those scenes we see of him watching the videos of shizuku's mom.

This also partly explains why he wanted shizuku to go live with her grandfather instead of going through a custody trial to avoid shizuku discovering he's not her dad, not to mention any other aspects of eiji's "dark past"

I'm still waiting for the blindness issue to be settled...it seems shizuku's mom wasn't blind but, there has to be some reason why Anzai wanted Mio to pretend to be blind, to get close to eiji...ah, there is so much still left up in the air and only 4 more episodes to go...
@marienella_m thanks for the link to the song, i've been looking for it everywhere.
junebug6272
The reason she acted blind was already revealed. She acted blind in order to get money from Eiji. It was explained in some detail in episode 5. Basically it was to ruin him, take everything he had, etc.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Feb 27th, '08, 02:21

@voth
i understood that part I was just wondering about why Anzai choose blindness as a method for to Mio get close to EIji , it makes me think that blindness is somehow significant to eiji (as is in how Naoya pretended to have a pregnant girlfriend to get Eiji to take him in)....i guess they may have sort of explained it in episode 6 when they went through how different the conversation between then would have been if Mio had been able to see when they first met.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 27th, '08, 06:40

I'm curious about Naoya... everything about everyone are revealed already, except Naoya's matters.

Spoilers on Ep7:
Who is aftering Naoya? Who is he borrowing money from? I know this looks like a matter doesn't need to be concern, but there MUST BE a reason why Naoya's debt problem is shown over and over? I feel that it must has got something to do with the main story. Not to mention, even after Naoya managed to snatch the money away, he's still coming to Anzai's office. What for? He promised him that if he can get the money, he'll disappear. Oh... and he's not living in Eiji's house anymore, is he?

And doesn't it occur to anyone that IF the footage where Shizuku's mother introduce Eiji as the cameraman is included in the VCD. That means, Naoya has watched the footage too? He WAS the one who convert the videotape right? Converting a videotape to video cd is done in a manual way and took a long time, no? Unlike converting VCD to AVI which can be done automatically and fast... converting a videotape, means the person has to watch the whole tape too. So, Naoya might know from the beginning that Eiji is not Shizuku's father...

I wonder what will Anzai's finger nerves problem has anything to do with all these? It was shown twice already, in ep6, it was when he played the piano. Will it cause something... I still can't find the red thread... and seem like, Naoya was kinda threatening him too.

Lastly... what Shizuku's mother said in the first episode makes sense now, "It's a long distance relationship, but I'm fine here. Just don't have an affair there! Ah, of course not... you're working hard to pursue your dream now, right?".
In the next week's preview, seem like that man has just arrived at Narita airport. So I wonder what his job is? A musician? A painting artist?^^ Could it be... this man has anything to do with Naoya??

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 27th, '08, 15:42

Monthly The Television
No. 161 ISSUE
April 2008, 2.26 -> 3.31
Page 41

Interview ~ TAKEUCHI YUKO

translated by Yanie

On the set, Katori-san always talked to me about his own thoughts on the story, like "Shizuku will end up like "this", actually Naoya is "this" kind of person...". He thought of what's gonna happen even to the last episode. Sometimes, his eyes suddenly goes blank and said, "Everything is okay for me. Whatever happen to me... I don't care," he said it while acting his own character's way of talking, of course he's joking. (laughs)
I often asked the director too, "What will happen after this?", and he was just grinning, "I'm not telling you,". "Aaah~~~ I want to know what happen next!! Is the next script not ready yet!?" I always thought like that. (laughs)
While the story keep continue, if you watch kanojo's video letter again from the first episode, you'll probably go, "Ah! So that's what she meant!". There are so many hints, so don't let your guard down. Especially, in Episode 7, there's a development that'll make you think, "WHAT!??" like that. (laughs)
About Eiji and Mio's relationship, I always feel like telling her, "Eiji-san will accept your apology and understand you, so hurry and tell him the truth!!". If they can understand each other and then walk forward together, that'll be great, ne...

TV Life
2008 No. 6
3.1 -> 3.14
Page 11

Interview ~ KATORI SHINGO

translated by Yanie

*Contains BIG spoiler for Ep7*
I, myself, am always shocked everytime I read the next script. Not to mention, the last page would always gave me a feeling of, "EEE~~??!". Everyone is surprised too, right? About that video? I can't believe it myself that it was ME (Eiji) who recorded them!
I'm really having fun doing this drama, and I enjoyed listening to everyone's thoughts on what's the next development gonna be like, THE MOST. (laughs) In the next episode, there will be another unthinkable development, so please keep watching!

Q. What do you think will happen to Eiji and Mio's love relationship?

If we try to imagine of what Eiji and Mio did and their feelings as ours in real life, it's really sad. Playing the roles, it makes us really think about it. I often talk about it with Yuko-chan, like "How will you take it if you're in that position?", "I don't think I can face it,". Now, I come to think... that maybe I don't need a big happiness. I don't mind even if it's just a small one, I'd like to grab a small, warm happiness. I think this is what all the characters in the story wants too. Since this is a story full of tragedy and so many things happened, I really want everything to end happily and everyone is blessed in the end.

~a little memo~
It was such a shocking development, that all the casts were seriously shocked too, when they read the script. One of the staff told us, "Yagi Yuki-chan, who played Shizuku, still hasn't realized that Katori-kun is not her father, even after she read the script,". Yappari, she was too shocked?!!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Feb 27th, '08, 16:40

Gota admit it started out slow n draggy but it's getting more intriguing with each episode. Reading all ur spoilers here make me more excited about watching the next episode with eng subs.

kero_kerberus

Post by kero_kerberus » Feb 27th, '08, 20:00

WA!!! WA!!! WA!!! totallyt a big twist!!! will there be a novel for this? i wanna collect it!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 28th, '08, 02:18

kero_kerberus wrote:WA!!! WA!!! WA!!! totallyt a big twist!!! will there be a novel for this? i wanna collect it!!!
I'm pretty sure the novelization book will be out once the series finished^^

harujiei

Post by harujiei » Feb 29th, '08, 03:40

marienella_m wrote: Yamashita Tatsuro - Zutto Issho sa
http://www.mediafire.com/?tp99gjc1dk1
ありがとうございます! :cheers: You are the greates!

To me this song is perfect for this dorama. It always seem as if all the emotion build throughout the episode come crashing down over you when this music start. I have looked for this a lot of places and could not find it. Not even a PV on youtube. It was driving me crazy.

Now I will go listen 10000 time. :wink: ww

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 29th, '08, 03:45

Old clips^^

Both are in FLV formats. You have to view it with FLV Player.

Bara Press Conf, Mezamashi 19Dec07: http://www.mediafire.com/?q3qtzs0vb1h

Shingo: This is a drama that everyone will love. And I had a great time filming it.

Yuko: There are alot of things I cannot talk about right now, so first of all, I just want everyone to watch the first episode.

Then, Shingo said he memorized Zutto Issho sa's lyrics more than SMAP's new single (Dangan Fighter). And, apparently Shingo's 18 hours live promotion on Jan 14th, was just announced to him on this very day, so he was shocked.

Shingo promote Bara in Tokudane 14Jan08: http://www.mediafire.com/?ujjdax9hm54

Shingo appeared LIVE on Tokudane, pretending to be the main host, LOL! While the main host was hiding on the side of the studio. Shingo imitate Ookura-san, the real host's way of talking^^
Then the real Ookura-san, comes up, and he said, "Shingo-kun!! I watched the first episode! OMOSHIROIIIIIIII~~~!!!!". Shingo was surprised, "Hee? He? I haven't even watch the first ep myself!!". Apparently, Ookura-san borrowed the first ep tape from a FujiTV staff.

A gist of their conversation.

Ookura: HONTOU NI omoshiroi!!! There were so many riddles, and it made me goes "ehhhh?" in the end! I really cannot wait for the second episode!
Shingo: Deshou, deshou? This story is really difficult to elaborate coz there are just so many surprising developments!
Ookura: yes, yes.... we really can't say much here, ne! You know what, this is the primetime slot, right? And usually it gets high ratings right? I'll tell you now... this drama will DEFINITELY gets high ratings!!!
Shingo: *looks flattered* Ookura-san....
Other host: He... really? Is it okay to say this now?
Ookura: Really, really! I'm so sure! This is gonna be a hit! And my predictions are usually right! Trust me! After I watched it yesterday, I really can't sleep thinking about it... I really wanna know what happened next! If we're going to have a discussion now about the first episode alone, it might take 1 hour, y'know! There are just so many things to discuss about this drama!
Female host: So is it like a suspense mystery drama?"
Shingo: No... not really suspense... but its a common life's riddles... I'm sure there are many riddles as well in our daily life, but Nojima Shinji cleverly write it to a story and make it very interesting, and it will make people goes, "eeeeeh~~?", really!

Too bad it cuts off in the middle, there should be another 2 mins until Shingo finally leave the studio.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 29th, '08, 04:26

Just some more thoughts, post-ep7.
Something really bothers me about Naoya. Could it be... that Naoya is Anzai's son?? Shizuku's mother's brother? Hmm... his face is not shown on the family photos there, though. Or he COULD BE an illegitimate son. I'm just wondering why does he keep coming back to Anzai. And I feel there's a close relationship between Anzai and Naoya... Anzai invited him to drink together with him, and let him sleep on his couch too. Looks like they're a bit more than just a working relationship.
In the host club's toilet, his friends was saying, "That Naoya bastard! He came back here. He said to us, that he's the son of a big hospital's director, and acting like a rich boy. Who would believe that?!!".

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Feb 29th, '08, 09:21

I watched ep6 yesterday and it was soo good! the drama is getting better and better! can't wait for ep7! the preview looks soo O_o

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 29th, '08, 14:32

Here's another fact that will make you speculate a whole other thing:

Synopsis for Episode 9, broadcast in March 10th
From TV Pia:
"The Center of All Riddles, A Surgeon Appear Before Eiji"

Eiji has closed his flower shop. Suddenly, a man who knows everything about Eiji's past, a surgeon, has return from abroad, and appear before Eiji. Seem like he has a special relationship with Eiji.
Meanwhile, master and Ono-sensei has been trying to get Eiji's money back. Mio is determined to talk about all the lies she made and also about her real feelings to Eiji. And, Anzai, who doesn't know that Eiji is not the man who hurt his daughter, is...???
Even just one word from this mini-synopsis had make me think of 100 more possibilities!! :blink

Oh, remember, the synopsis above is NOT next week's Ep8, but Ep9, that will be broadcast in another 2 weeks.

voth

Post by voth » Feb 29th, '08, 15:28

yanie wrote:Here's another fact that will make you speculate a whole other thing:

Synopsis for Episode 9, broadcast in March 10th
From TV Pia:
"The Center of All Riddles, A Surgeon Appear Before Eiji"

Eiji has closed his flower shop. Suddenly, a man who knows everything about Eiji's past, a surgeon, has return from abroad, and appear before Eiji. Seem like he has a special relationship with Eiji.

Meanwhile, master and Ono-sensei have been trying to get Eiji's money back. Mio is determined to talk about all the lies she made and also about her real feelings to Eiji. And, Anzai, who doesn't know that Eiji is not the man who hurt his daughter, is...???
Even just one word from this mini-synopsis had make me think of 100 more possibilities!! :blink

Oh, remember, the synopsis above is NOT next week's Ep8, but Ep9, that will be broadcast in another 2 weeks.
That makes me wonder who we saw at the end of episode 7 going through the airport. Was it Shizuku's biological father or was it this surgeon mentioned in the synopsis for episode 09?

It has me wonder what the hell is going to unfold in episode 08 now that Mio knows that Eiji is not Shizuku's father. Will it have any real impact on her feelings towards Eiji or even towards Shizuku

Any revelations about Naoya and his little problem ... any chance this surgeon is his father? - Mentioned in one of yanie's recent translations that he was boasting about being the son of some doctor. Not totally discrediting any form of relationship he may have had previously with Anzai

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 29th, '08, 15:31

Tamayama Tetsuji joins Bara no nai Hanaya Casts
First bad role, a cold-hearted surgeon

Sanspo, February 28th, 2008

translated by Yanie

Tamayama Tetsuji joins into the Bara no nai Hanaya set, and got his first bad role challenge. He play the role as a surgeon who had Eiji (Katori Shingo)'s life turned upside down. Tamayama, who is a die-hard fan of Nojima Shinji's works, comment on his role, "He is as dangerous as a lethal weapon,". He will appear starting from Episode 8, that will broadcast on March 3rd.

The role Tamayama is playing, has appeared briefly in the broadcasted next week's preview on February 25th. This character is actually the drama's last half's important figure that holds the key to everything!

Eiji is a kind-hearted man who runs a flower shop, and live together with his 8 years old daughter. Tamayama will play the role as Koyama Shun, the cold-hearted man who knows everything about Eiji's past riddles. He is a very well-known surgeon, but has a dark character. We can say, that Koyama is Eiji's ultimate enemy.

Tamayama comment about his role, "He has many toxicated dialogues, full of thorns. But he is actually one that doesn't know love, inside. He's been trying too hard to protect himself. It's like he has become a lethal weapon due to a pure reason. Not that he's actually a bad person,".

Tamayama is a big fan of Nojima Shinji's works. During his 3rd year in junior high, he was addicted to a TBS drama, Miseinen (a drama written by Nojima Shinji, starred by Katori Shingo too). He forgot to study, so he failed entering his first choice of highschool. But he was glad, "If not because of Nojima Shinji's story, I might have got into the first choice school, and I won't become an actor like now,". Tamayama thinks that Nojima's works' charm is "the strange and scary human's real quality".

The drama producer comments that Tamayama looks cool at one glance, but has a naive side too, so he is perfect for the bad -yet has deep characteristics- role in a Nojima Shinji's story.

About Katori Shingo who starred Miseinen and also starring this drama now, together, Tamayama said, "I never even thought of it, this is a miracle,". He had meet Katori in a variety show, and that time, Katori was suddenly inspired by him and draw a picture of Tamayama's cartoon face, and Katori gave the drawing to him as a present. He said he still treasure that drawing till now. Can we expect a good chemistry and acting between the two?

source: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20080 ... 22817.html

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Mar 3rd, '08, 12:52

WOHA! did not expect the ending of the episode!
this drama is just getting better and better!

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 3rd, '08, 13:05

This week picked me up from last week. Didn't have to drop my jaw on the ground...

But, wow,
Anzai was getting his come-uppance all throughout the episode
Gotta love that SmaSma is doing their "Bara no Aru Hanaya" now.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 3rd, '08, 16:02

I knew it...
Eiji and Shizuku's real father are brothers... or sworn brothers :lol
But one "soap opera" tacky plot...
Anzai's wife chose Anzai's lawyer over him? :blink Such an unnecessary plot! And really... that Mrs. Anzai is such an unimportant role x) unless, Nojima decided to give her a sudden big role in the last 3 episodes...which is, unlikely.
Eiji and Mio... so they're...
...gonna be living together in Mio's apartement now?? I can't wait!! :D But Eiji said it, ne "We are in a limited period, aren't we??".... yappari ne... muri kana, ano futari...
Master was quite cool here!!!^v^ I really hope Ono-sensei falls in love with him at the end!

And, Shizuku... ahh, what an angel...

voth

Post by voth » Mar 3rd, '08, 18:23

yanie wrote:I knew it...
Eiji and Shizuku's real father are brothers... or sworn brothers :lol
But one "soap opera" tacky plot...
Anzai's wife chose Anzai's lawyer over him? :blink Such an unnecessary plot! And really... that Mrs. Anzai is such an unimportant role x) unless, Nojima decided to give her a sudden big role in the last 3 episodes...which is, unlikely.
Eiji and Mio... so they're...
...gonna be living together in Mio's apartement now?? I can't wait!! :D But Eiji said it, ne "We are in a limited period, aren't we??".... yappari ne... muri kana, ano futari...
Master was quite cool here!!!^v^ I really hope Ono-sensei falls in love with him at the end!

And, Shizuku... ahh, what an angel...
Comments about episode 08 - if you don't want to know, move along.
That was one hell of a curveball episode.

I wasn't expecting Eiji and Shizuku's father brothers/sworn brothers. I was half expecting Eiji to shove a shive in his gut especially how he was holding his hand in his jacket. (too many movies for me)

As for Anzai's wife I would agree with yanie that was kind of pointless to the rest of the story.

Anyone else think that Shizuku suspects something now? Did you see how she was looking at the flowers that were in Mio's fathers room?

If yanie's translation is right (about Mio and Eiji living together) it'll be an odd couple of episodes. I wonder how they're going to resolve her little lie, etc. - twists at every corner from here on out.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Mar 4th, '08, 00:00

anyone else has the feeling that.....
Eiji and Tamayama's character might have the upper hand in the end? seems like they might have planned for when a time like this comes....the fact that he'll be the surgeon, and the timing of his coming....hmmm....could it just be my imagination working overtime? I mean this story has had quite a few twists, we can expect there to be more and more....

voth

Post by voth » Mar 4th, '08, 00:31

hadmish wrote:anyone else has the feeling that.....
Eiji and Tamayama's character might have the upper hand in the end? seems like they might have planned for when a time like this comes....the fact that he'll be the surgeon, and the timing of his coming....hmmm....could it just be my imagination working overtime? I mean this story has had quite a few twists, we can expect there to be more and more....
Response to hadmish and other things up to episode 8
I think it's just your imagination. I can't possible see how they (Eiji and Tamayama) would have planned to have Eiji raise Tamayama's daughter only to wait for the moment Shizuku's grandfather comes looking for revenge against the person or persons responsible for making his daughter sad/upset/angry, etc. - though I've been wrong on many occasions with this show.

Their little get together at the end was probably the strangest moment of the episode.

I kind of hope the little blurb about it ending like Cinema Paradiso was something of a stretch. As things are unfolding I can't really say i'd be happy if it ended that way.

Reference YT Link:

Other concerns thus far:
1. I'm still scratching my head over why they did video letters. Why?

2. What was the significance of Eiji (from episode 1) running in during or just after Shizuku's birth with a rose? Did he have a small but ever burning flame for Shizuku's mother?

3. Was his story about being an abused child true? - If you recall Shizuku's mother mentioned the same thing (anonymous soldier) in this episode (episode 8).

4. What the hell is up with Naoya? Why if his father is this big shot surgeon did he need to steal Eiji's money from Mio?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 4th, '08, 03:00

[quote="voth"]
Other concerns thus far:
1. I'm still scratching my head over why they did video letters. Why?

2. What was the significance of Eiji (from episode 1) running in during or just after Shizuku's birth with a rose? Did he have a small but ever burning flame for Shizuku's mother?

3. Was his story about being an abused child true? - If you recall Shizuku's mother mentioned the same thing (anonymous soldier) in this episode (episode 8).

4. What the hell is up with Naoya? Why if his father is this big shot surgeon did he need to steal Eiji's money from Mio?
[/quote]

I didn't watch the new episode yet. only saw up to last week's raw
I think it's more romantic to send a video letter than written letter and she seems like a romanticist.

If Eiji and the other surgeon are friends, I would guess maybe they are both from orphanage so they grew up together? Eiji probably likes the girl but the girl likes his friend. The doctor went overseas so she got Eiji to make video letters to send to him. Since she died at birth, Eiji took care of Shizuku for her since he has one-sided love for her.

It's weird though. I would think Shizuku already knows the truth at Eiji isn't her dad she since watches all her mom's videos. She's a smart cookie too. Maybe she does know? But she accepts Eiji as her dad because he worked so hard to raise her and treat her like his own daughter, so she accepts him as his dad. I don't think she would be too hurt if she found out that fact. She adores Eiji cuz he's so kind hearted and he's her ideal dad. Real dad or not, Eiji treated her like his own daughter.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Mar 4th, '08, 03:24

I just finished watching epi6 and accidentally read the spoiler bout
Shizuku's dad isn't really Eiji

This is the seriously one of the best drama in such a long time. Damn you Japanese scriptwriters. Killing me here at home, waiting for subs.

Fuurin

Episode 8

Post by Fuurin » Mar 4th, '08, 05:13

After the somewhat startling revelation at the end of episode 7, the tension this time stems from more or less natural consequences of
Eiji being homeless and the news that he is not Shizuku's father spreading. There is this ominous tension in the air, after Mio asks Eiji to move in with her, but in the end, he decides to take her up on it, and he does seem honestly glad for her support. I'm very interested to see how their relationship plays out, but it seems scriptwriter Nojima is determined to focus more on the mystery that is Eiji's past.

In the video, Shizuku's mother keeps talking about the "scary face" Shizuku's father made, and the Sun Spo article describes the surgeon Shun Koyama as Eiji's enemy. And yet Shizuku's mom seems to love him very deeply, wanting to see the face of his child even if it killed her, sending him these long video letters, and talking about him pursuing his dream. Nojima's villains always seem to have a human side, so I'm sure we'll get to hear his side of the story soon enough. Perhaps he just up, and left, not even knowing that Shizuku's mom was pregnant, or had died in childbirth. Eiji saw that Shun would make a bad father, and decided to take his place. Now Eiji has to act as if he is Shun's friend, but at the same time, hide the fact the Shizuku is Shun's daughter.
Anyway, once again, I can't wait for next week.

kvertand

Re: Episode 8

Post by kvertand » Mar 4th, '08, 06:00

spoilers up to ep 8
Fuurin: "Perhaps he just up, and left, not even knowing that Shizuku's mom was pregnant, or had died in childbirth."

That's entirely possible, I bet that if Eiji really had a flame for Shizuku's mother then he probably never even delivered the tapes. He may have told her that he did but secretly kept them to himself...It would explain a lot IMO.

voth

Re: Episode 8

Post by voth » Mar 4th, '08, 11:57

kvertand wrote:spoilers up to ep 8
Fuurin: "Perhaps he just up, and left, not even knowing that Shizuku's mom was pregnant, or had died in childbirth."

That's entirely possible, I bet that if Eiji really had a flame for Shizuku's mother then he probably never even delivered the tapes. He may have told her that he did but secretly kept them to himself...It would explain a lot IMO.
Additional comments, response to kvertand and Fuurin's comments about episode 8
Oddly enough that crossed my mind as well. That would kind of explain why he had the videos to begin with (without obviously stating he made copies). - If he in fact was an abused child he like Shogo would have had a hard time adjusting to a caring environment especially falling in love after being abused for so many years. So his FIRST real love could have been Shizuku's mother (Remember back to all the times he states that he likes someone who smiles like a flower).

Fuurin's little note about "Perhaps he just up, and left, not even knowing that Shizuku's mom was pregnant, or had died in childbirth. Eiji saw that Shun would make a bad father, and decided to take his place. Now Eiji has to act as if he is Shun's friend, but at the same time, hide the fact the Shizuku is Shun's daughter." is very plausible.

I would only argue that in the time remaining (3 episodes) it would be too much of a burden on the remaining story line to focus on explaining it and getting Shizuku to accept her "Dad" and understand why Eiji would have lied to her all these years. - My thoughts on that would be it would take up a good part of 2 episodes while neglecting the other story arcs.

Those other story arcs would most likely be Eiji/Mio (will he accept her after all that she has done; will there be a happy ending?), Ono/Master (if that indeed is part of the remaining story arc), Anzai (either the realization that he made a mistake or the acceptance that his daughter was in fact happy with how things turned out and that Eiji not being her lover/boyfriend, etc. did raise his granddaughter with love, etc.), and figuring out what Naoya's part was. With the introduction of Shun into the story now what role he will play (most likely as a usurper of Anzai confidence, power in the hospital since apparently he went overseas to obtain his medical degree and experience in neurology)

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 4th, '08, 14:25

I never really thought that
the new doctor was Shizuku's father... everything seems to be lining up to directly point to him as Shizuku's father.

Everyone talks about Eiji's dark past...

I'm starting to think that he killed Shizuku's father... and was hoping to show up at the hosiptal, in the father's place, hoping to confess his feelings, win over Shizuku's mother, and begin their happy family.
But, who knows. My assumptions are pretty outlandish, anyhow.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Mar 4th, '08, 14:54

About Tamayama's role (Kamiyama sensei) and Eiji's past....
Perhaps the last scene of epi 8 where both guys greeted each other is very telling of their relationship. Was very intrigued by these 2 lines " What we both believe in is, it's only 2 of us in this world".

I got the impression Eiji and Kamiyama were very close friends, who were brought together by abuse/neglect suffered during childhood. Just like how Eiji managed to spot the young boy who was in trouble in the eariler episodes, Eiji mentioned that it's cos they are of the same kind.

Maybe Eiji's secret was both him and Kamiyama did not have kind intentions for Shizuku's mom back then, out of some twisted desire to destory beautiful and perfect things. Kamiyama seduced the girl, dumped her and Eiji pretended to be her friend to witness her breakdown just to get some demented satisfaction out of it. Shikuku's mom changed Eiji, he probably fell for the girl in the process, she was an enbodiment of human goodness, faith and strength, something he never believed existed.

Perhaps Kamiyama doesn't even know the existence of Shizuku (not that it makes a difference, that man is so cold-hearted anyway) Because of Eiji's love for the girl, Eiji wanted to become the man she loved and the way to that is to become Shizuku's father. (so his intentions were also self-serving initially)

Eiji and Kamiyama appears to have a very strong bond. Eiji appears to be careful and polite with people (even with Mio who he claims to love), wanting to be a good person whom people love. With Kamiyama the body language seems different, it's as if Eiji is truly comfortable for the first time, letting his guard down. I kept flashing back to final scene. Eiji enters the scene with a very cold look in his eyes (just like what Shikuzu's mom said Kamiyama's look was back then... both guys are the same and Tokyo Tower probably reminded them of something) When Kamiyama hugs Eiji and Eiji lying his head on Kamiyama's shoulder, somehow it appears Eiji appears to have truly smiled letting his guard down for the first time (other than he's with Shizuku)

Maybe Eiji and Kamiyama will turn against each other later cos Kamiyama is too evil lol. But from their first meeting, i would be very shocked if Eiji was already planning revenge for Shikuzu's mom since Eiji's smile really warmed my heart.

aqatha

Post by aqatha » Mar 4th, '08, 16:11

oh my god..., I was to reading ep 7 spoiler
thank god .. I realize it is 7 not 6

what I wan't really to know is Eiji's past .. ???
also, the preview was really exciting and interesting ..
it was the first time I saw him screem like this ..but to whom he said this painful words..??

waiting for episode 7 ..

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 5th, '08, 03:20

I was shocked when I saw this snapshot preview for Ep9!! (from the official website)

Could it be??!? Yuki-sensei and Shun...???

But then after I read the synopsis for Ep9... ahh... so that's why... OMOSHIROI !!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 5th, '08, 03:53

Synopsis for Episode 9 [broadcast March 10th]
A man named Kamiyama Shun has suddenly appeared before Shiomi Eiji. He's a surgeon who was working abroad. He told Eiji, that he got a call from Anzai, to operate a difficult surgery. At this moment, Shun doesn't know anything about Anzai and Eiji's relationship.

Eiji who has closed the "Flower Shop Shizuku", has moved in to Mio's apartement now. One day, in the middle of the way of going back home from the hospital, Mio coincidentally meet Shun, then he take her home with a taxi.
Inside the car, Mio has an unpleasant impression of Shun's way of talking and attitude. Exactly at the same time, Ono Yuki-sensei who was worried because Shigo(master) disappeared after he said he'll take back the money Naoya gave to a group of men, came to Mio's apartement and discuss it with Eiji.

Then, Mio and Shun's taxi finally arrived... and the four people meet...
source: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/rose/index.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 5th, '08, 17:14

voth wrote:
As for Anzai's wife I would agree with yanie that was kind of pointless to the rest of the story.
Let me take that back...
I just realized its very "unlike" Nojima Shinji to include a pointless plot! Don't you think? Maybe Anzai's wife plot will be significant to Anzai's past... why he was a bad husband and father? Could it be? Okay, just another wild guess.
Ever since I knew that =the suspected= Shizuku's birth father is a surgeon, I'm guessing that this character, Shun, might bear a grudge to Anzai.
Then kanojo in the video said in Tokyo Tower, "You looked through to the view outside... I thought you must be thinking about your childhood, so then I asked you, "Are you missing your mother?". Then you looked at me in a scary face....". Based on this, I'm assuming that Shun's mother has passed away, and "kanojo" knows about it. And when she mentioned 'mother' to him, he looked at her in a scary face, might mean that he doesn't want her to remind him of his mother, coz probably it was a very sad memory.
Linking this to Anzai... could Anzai be the one who caused Shun's mother's death? Or, linking it again to Anzai's wife... maybe Anzai once had an affair with another woman, and that's Shun's mother? So then he used "kanojo" to avenge Anzai. Ha... okay, I'll stop the delusion here :lol

defeated

Post by defeated » Mar 5th, '08, 17:38

This is my assumption based on the development up till EP8:
Eiji and Kimayama are friends from the orphanage probably, since they had the same past, they only believed in each other...

Eiji might have loved Shizuku's mother, this is the most reasonable reason why he took Shizuku and love her asif he is her real father, but Eiji must have suffered between love for Shizuku's mom and his friend Kimayama...

I think that Kimayama probably don't know that Shizuku's mother is pregnant(like u guys say on the top), but I think that might be that Kimayama didn't leave Eiji any way to contact him, for when he first phoned Eiji in EP8 he said "You didn't change your cell number..."(hadn't contact each other in a long time, if they are really good friends, it doesn't make sense to ask this question since good friends would be in touch no matter what...two of them r just weird...) therefore there would have been no way for Eiji to send any vedio to him, Eiji didn't want Shizuku's mom to be worried, her body is not good enough for this kind of shock, so he hid the fact that he could not contact Kimayama.

There might be interesting relationship developing between Mio and Kimayama,(since they met before Eiji and Kimayama reunited) love maybe?! Or it would be that Kimayama wanted to reclaim Shizuku(which is not likely to happen under normal conditions)...In dramas, there may only be three reasons to make men turn against each other: money, authority, and women... up to now my understanding about Eiji make me think that the first two reasons are not possible, so the only reason would then land on the women...(Mio and Shizuku)

There is an interesting point that wasn't pointed out...Kimayama just came back because of the surgery, he is already a very successful surgeon, to become a successful surgeon takes more than 10 years(after graduation), because they need to be experienced. So at the very beginning, Kimayama had never planned to come back to Eiji and Shizuku's mom, he is a cold-hearted man...

Anzai might lose everything he had, Kimayama might take the hospital from him, since Anzai is continuously losing his daughter, wife and now even his right hand, it showed evidence that he will continue to lose things that belonged to him...
AH~~I think I wrote too much>"<"
These r just my assumptions...(I wrote all these in Chinese yesterday in my blog: http://blog.xuite.net/gameg2l/dmzdiary/16058977) if u can read Chinese, you're welcome to my blog...lol~

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Mar 6th, '08, 04:58

hikkichan wrote:I never really thought that
the new doctor was Shizuku's father... everything seems to be lining up to directly point to him as Shizuku's father.

Everyone talks about Eiji's dark past...

I'm starting to think that he killed Shizuku's father... and was hoping to show up at the hosiptal, in the father's place, hoping to confess his feelings, win over Shizuku's mother, and begin their happy family.
But, who knows. My assumptions are pretty outlandish, anyhow.
Don't discount those massive leaps of logic... Look where it got me... :)
And just for the record, I only grudgingly recounted my theory
about Eiji's relation to Shizuku and her mother because Anzai-sensei had her diary. Why the heck would she write about Eiji and not her lover, for Pete's sake!? Plot hole, if you ask me... :glare:

Anyhow, I still haven't seen ep 7 or 8 yet, but I just read all the spoilers, and I think hikkichan's theory is a good one and could make sense given the number of eps left in the series. Maybe the truth is really that Shizuku's dad passed away due to some medical procedure at the hands of this other surgeon guy they're introducing. And the reason why he never sent the tapes is because he knew that he was already gone. In this case, he might have been protecting his surgeon friend by leading Shizuku's mother to believe he was still alive.
Of course, this is even more blatant guessing than before since I'm about 2 eps behind evrybody, but what the heck... :p