Post by najimta » Feb 29th, '08, 05:08

Details

* Title: 아빠셋 엄마하나 / One Mom and Three Dads
* Also known as: Three Dads and a Mother
* Genre: Romance
* Episodes: 16
* Broadcast network: KBS2
* Broadcast period: 2008-Mar-26 to
* Air time: Wednesday & Thursdays 21:55 (9:55 Korean time)

Synopsis

Na Young is a woman who gets pregnant and gives birth to her child but does not know which of the three men fathered her child. The father of Na Young's child can either be Han Soo Hyun, Choi Kwang Hee, or Hwang Kyung Tae. Soo Hyun is a fund manager.

Cast

* Eugene as Na Young
* Jae Hee as Choi Kwang Hee
* Jo Hyun Jae as Han Soo Hyun
* Shin Sung Rok as Hwang Kyung Tae

(DramaWiki)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new eugene drama :) and with the guy from witch amusement and delightful girl choonhyang. sounds promising. kinda excited. hope someone will sub :salut:

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 29th, '08, 05:38

Eugene and Jae Hee? Gasp, two of my favorites! Thanks for the info.

Edit: Did some research on soompi; here's what I found:

Yoo Jin (Eugene) and Jo Hyun Jae cast in KBS "Three Dads, One Mom"

Yoo Jin (Eugene) and Jo Hyun Jae have been cast as the main leads in "Three Dads, One Mom" to be aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays on KBS 2TV. Jae Hee and Shin Sung Rok will join the two in the series.

"Three Dads, One Mom" is scheduled to start airing on April 2nd and will be the story of a widow's love and raising a child.

The series is a romantic comedy about three men who donate sperm to a friend who was suffering from aspermia, and the wife who becomes pregnant but loses her husband in an accident.

Producing director Lee Jae Sang of "Dalja's Spring" and writer Jo Myun Joo of "The Vineyard Man" will be directing and writing the series.

Former S.E.S. member Yoo Jin (Eugene) will play single mom Na Young while Jo Hyun Jae, Jae Hee, and Shin Sung Rok are the three men who donate.

Jo Hyun Jae who is returning to the TV screen two years after "Ballad of Seodong" will play a comic role as a successful fund manager. Shin Sung Rok plays the role of an innocent detective who cannot even speak well in front of women while Jae Hee is a 'pretty boy' comic artist who likes girls but doesn't know true love.

The series will start filming on March 3rd.

Source: BROasia

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Feb 29th, '08, 07:38

WOW this comedy drama look funny with eugene and jae hee :D

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 29th, '08, 12:27

New Eugene drama??? Damn....I've been waiting a long time since Wonderful Life, as I was never interested in RRLY. Sounds interesting so far, and with Eugene as the female lead, it can't go wrong!

najimta

Post by najimta » Feb 29th, '08, 21:36

im exicted too! i hope somebody subs this.
@ fizzlex3mh thanks for the extra info :D

elysse

Post by elysse » Mar 5th, '08, 03:52

if i am not mistakened WITHS2 will be subbing this :)

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Mar 6th, '08, 02:59

i have a feeling this drama is going to be a hit!!! Eugene with 3 awesome actors!!!!

the story plot is very interesting, so i'm looking forward to see how everything is...

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 7th, '08, 13:31

some pix from the Photoshoot.. credit to pegster..

Eugene..

her three men in the drama.. :D

with Jo Hyun Jae..

with Jae Hee..

with Shin Sung Rok ..

najimta

Post by najimta » Mar 8th, '08, 02:24

eugene is so pretty. im jealous. haha my sister is curling my hair right now and i really want it to be like eugene's, but not possible haha.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 8th, '08, 14:04

Hmm....that haircut really does NOT suit her at all. I hope this isn't what she's gonna look like for the new series. I liked her look best in Wonderful Life even when she became a mother.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 25th, '08, 14:28

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Isn't she like the cutest baby girl?

And here's the preview on YouTube:

This series looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun!

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 26th, '08, 08:15

She is the most cutest girl.. I really want to hold & hug her .. she is so adorable.. :lol :w00t:
Thanxx for sharing.. :salut:

macross

Post by macross » Mar 26th, '08, 08:27

So, this gonna be 3 men and a baby plotline? But instead of them having a foursome while they are drunk, its from sperm donation?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 26th, '08, 14:06

I think that's pretty much the gist of the story, although I don't really remember 3 men and a baby very well since it was made WAY before my time :D

This drama is gonna be a lot of light-hearted fun and I can already imagine the jokes they're gonna pull on the guy suffering from aspermia. Ok, maybe not, since it's a family show :)

vickywong328

where can i download?

Post by vickywong328 » Apr 2nd, '08, 04:53

hey guys,

i was wondering where you can download this series....i'm new to d-addicts so i'm not too sure where to go. thanks!

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Apr 2nd, '08, 05:01

vickywong328 wrote:i was wondering where you can download this series....i'm new to d-addicts so i'm not too sure where to go. thanks!
It's not even out yet. It hasn't even aired in Korea yet, so you can't download the drama anywhere. It airs today at 9:55 PM in Korean time. :)

I didn't know there was a thread on this here. ^^ I can't wait to watch this drama - the very first Korean drama I watched since Witch Yoo Hee which was last year. I love Jae Hee's acting. :D I like Eugene, especially in Save The Last Dance for Me, but I wish she didn't have that haircut - too ditsy to me. Can't wait to watch this. The baby is so adorable.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Apr 4th, '08, 07:46

ooooooo i like the sound of this drama! cant wait to watch it!

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 5th, '08, 05:39

saw up to ep 2., so far it's got a lot of weak comedy and the 3 male leads are as yet caricatures than developed characters. Eugene looks a bit old with her hair down the front. Overall It feels almost like a cheap sitcom rather than a full 16 part romantic comedy. I'll pass, but I'm sure a lot of ppl who like cute comedy will enjoy this show.

Valentine_rose

Post by Valentine_rose » Apr 5th, '08, 05:59

I totally agree was the previous post.

The 2 first episodes was so-so. Normally I wait English subs, but I was so excited too see the new drama of Jae Hee (one of My Fav Actor since 3-Iron and Delightful Girl) that I saw the raw.

And it's maybe not appropriate to tell this, but Eugene is almost ugly in this drama (What the hell with this hair??? :blink)

myjaehee

Post by myjaehee » Apr 5th, '08, 12:14

where can i get this drama with eng subtitle? it seem not out yet :cry:

luv jae hee =) :wub:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 6th, '08, 14:38

Valentine_rose wrote:I totally agree was the previous post.

And it's maybe not appropriate to tell this, but Eugene is almost ugly in this drama (What the hell with this hair??? :blink)
The good thing about d-addicts is that you don't get punished for what people call "bashing". If you said that at other similar communities, you would've gotten your IP permanently banned :P

But yes I agree with you, she looks very ugly so far. Then again, Song Hye Kyo didn't look too good in Full House ep. 1 either, so Eugene still has plenty of time for the hair and makeup team to turn her around!

-- soompi

Question is though, why is it that in Korea, if you're a mother and/or married, you have to be ugly? haven't they ever heard of the term M.I.L.F? :D

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 6th, '08, 23:38

Question is though, why is it that in Korea, if you're a mother and/or married, you have to be ugly?
The big curly hair (which I think is coming back into style <-- Kpop returns to the 80s!) signifies you've become an ajuhmma. That or the mushroom cap cut. Low maintenance in the morning, just get up and open up your street stall! :D

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 10th, '08, 21:13

Although the show is not good in terms of quality, I really enjoy it. I have such a weak spot for baby dramas... :lol

Shin Sung Rok is most definitely the best of the 3 men thus far. Best acting, best character.

And yeah, Eugene is ugly. WTF is up with the ajumma hair and clothes... :unsure: She looks 10 years older compared to Wonderful Life!

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 10th, '08, 22:00

It also makes me feel really, really old to see Eugene as an ajuhmma. (Kinda how like Sung Yu Ri is a "veteran actress" now. Wow, it seems like only yesterday when she played a pet rock in 1000 Years of Love!) What next? YEH plays Empress Dowager?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 11th, '08, 14:46

Néa Vanille wrote:Although the show is not good in terms of quality, I really enjoy it. I have such a weak spot for baby dramas... :lol
Which makes me wonder why Korean dramas don't tackle the pregnancy/baby theme more often? I would love to see a drama version of the movie Jeni, Juno, especially if they retained both Park Min Ji and Kim Hye Sung - Their chemistry was electrifying! Even though the movie was very unrealistic, it was entertaining and it's the type of feel good movie that Korea really lacks.
And yeah, Eugene is ugly. WTF is up with the ajumma hair and clothes... :unsure: She looks 10 years older compared to Wonderful Life!
I guess in Wonderful Life they tried to make her look like an ahjumma which didn't really work, so they went the extra lengths this time around to make sure she looks the part :)

Edit: What on earth happened to your post count Néa? I remember you had like 2000 posts or something :unsure:

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Apr 12th, '08, 09:52

They deleted the German Thread and put everyone's post count in it back to 0 (not just the posts that were made in the German Thread, but ALL of them).

Yeah, it's not fair. I was (and still am) very frustrated about suddenly looking like a noob when I've been around for 3 years....

(Thanks, moderators. Really.)

tourette

Post by tourette » Jun 11th, '08, 11:29

so... was that show as terrible as it looked from the beginning ?

MitsukaiKuroi

Post by MitsukaiKuroi » Jun 11th, '08, 19:26

tourette wrote:so... was that show as terrible as it looked from the beginning ?
I would really like to know what everyone thought of this drama too. It looked like a great premise (and a of bit an edgy subject for a Kdrama) but I notice that no one is talking about it.

Did it really suck? Was it typical Kdrama stuff? Not funny? Badly acted? What are the opinons of everyone that watched it?

cantabileblue

Post by cantabileblue » Jun 11th, '08, 19:50

I already saw all series and I think is pretty good. it make you smile. Especially I like the performances of the actors, the baby is really lovely and the relationship between the three dads is really good. :-)
I don't know why people make so much bad remarks, is a good show with good sense of comedy, you need to see the all thing for criticize :glare:

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jun 18th, '08, 08:33

I loved the drama. It gives you a warm feeling and outside of the comedy aspects, there are also a lot of serious topics touched... even if, given the nature of the show, they can't go to deep into things.
I loved the guys. They are so much like real brothers, when I saw them and their shenanigans, I was instantly reminded of my own batch of brothers around the same age. :)
Also, there are a lot of details... I noticed a lot of small things, gestures, interactions, that I missed on first watching the show, now that I need to rewatch it scene by scene because I'm translatng the WITHS2 subs from English to German.

For example, there's a scene in Episode 4, where Kyeong Tae, the cop with the smelly feet, makes his complaints to the other guys sitting on the sofa. They are waiting for the baby to be born, and after certain unfortunate incidents earlier in the episode, KT has been sleeping with his shoes on every night... for ten days now. Of course, his friends complain, and KT shoves his feet into their faces to show them what happens when he doesn't wear his shoes. Everyone ducks for cover and you while everyone's moving to the next line, you can see KT having a really wicked smile plastered on his face...

Or the various reactions to Na Yeongs cooking... For example, everyone's saying she can't cook, but if you look at episode 2, when NY and Song Min celebrate their third wedding anniversary, you have KT and Soo Hyeon going over to the table with the food and sneaking off food... and neither of them looks as if the food isn't to their taste.

Also, and that's what I like most, you can see how much the three friends are thrown out of balance when SM dies. For the first two episodes, everyone does a great job in painting the friendship betzween the four guys, you can see the power structure and the dependencies within the group. Then, when SM is removed from the formula, the remaining guys are not only forced to cope with their grief and NY's situation, but also, SM's leadership and glue function is lost, leaving a gap where the "rank structure" has to be redifined.

(And if you want the huge discussions, Soompi has 197 pagesso far, including episode recaps, tons of pics and other neat stuff. :)

Of course, the show has not just great sides. As much as I love having four lead males, they're too many. Everyone of them is lovable and cutting one's air time for the sake of another would be sad... because (at least for me), I really enjoy watching them. But for a show that runs just 16 episodes, it leaves you with a "on spot watch", you don't get that much background information, even though each has an interesting background story that in itself would be worthwhile to explore in a show of their own.
Alas, things are only hinted at.
Also, the romance factor feels forced on, mostly focussing on the later episodes, when the feeling you get is that NY isn't really interested in anyone new, because she lost her husband, who she loved dearly, just a little over a year ago. But, to give credit to the writer and the characters, the love-turbulences are mostly something that the guys duke out between themselves, with "Who is the father" being a driving factor in certain character's behaviour. I like it how you can see how one of the characters confuses his love for the child with the love for the mother. Or how one of them falls really in love, but is stuck in the pit of his own ambitions.

But ultimately, the show is way too short for what it tries to do. It would've worked better if only one of the characters had done the donation, or two at best. Or at least have one of the guys do a paternity test at an earlier stage... if they are so keen on being the dad, then why didn't they do that on their own devices, no matte rwhat they promised their dead friend?
Ultimately, they would've had made a time jump a few years into the future at an earlier point, to allow the romance to work out properly. Even if I love Baby HS no 2 (cocumber-girl) to pieces.
As it is now, the ending scene is cute and funny, but it's like an afterthought because it has to be a "romance".
But overall, definitely worth watching, very enjoyable (and it is still enjoyable to watch after ten times... compared to "Who are you", which I initially loved more, but with which I had problems watching more than twice...)

nathaly4u7

^^

Post by nathaly4u7 » Jul 20th, '08, 17:27

Jae Hee is my favorite actor but Eugene is too
this drama is so funny
I loved it!
you have to see it

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Sep 12th, '08, 16:30

wow just a 3 page discussion? this drama is really good
great actors and na yeoung is so cute
but can;t help to think the ending is quite open

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Sep 16th, '08, 04:10

this is a MUST SEE drama for me. itz so funny... the babies are very cute too!! u won't get bored with it. i really like Shin Sung Rok's character there. definitely a man who can made me fall, hahaha. :wub: also Jo Hyun Jae,, soooooo cute!! u juz gotta see this drama! :mrgreen: :thumleft:

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Sep 16th, '08, 15:50

i know maybe it was just an oversight.
the baby was way too cute HAHAHA

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Sep 19th, '08, 04:14

yup she is CUTE.. my pregnant sister watch it too only because she fell in love with the baby!!! :D

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Sep 19th, '08, 15:36

still can't help to think that there is gonna be a season2 but from the rates in wiki
maybe not :(
but i think the story line is great

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Oct 21st, '08, 13:59

I've only seen the first 6 episodes and i love it. I love all the main guys, they're hilarious