[Discussion] 14 Sai no Haha / 14-year-old Mother

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 1st, '07, 16:11

Just done watching the whole thing in one sitting.
I was really impressed by Shida Mirai's acting and also that even though this is a Japanese drama ( therefore with a self-imposed G rating ) they did try to tackle some quite sensitive issues in a manner that is not condescendent.
I didn't think it possible but I enjoyed this show more than 1 litre of tears.
Huge thanks again for the RAW providers, subbers AND seeders.

Tkjdramalover

Post by Tkjdramalover » Jul 1st, '07, 20:44

:wub: i love this show so it so much times sents it came out last year but the show was a little pushing ahead.[/b]

angel333

Post by angel333 » Jul 1st, '07, 20:53

This drama is reminding me of my neighbor who gave birth to her baby when she was 14, but her story is not so sad as this one.

japonaliya

A few Qs about this wonderful dorama.

Post by japonaliya » Nov 6th, '07, 20:30

I loved this drama. I love everything SHIDA Mirai !!!
Some questions though about this drama, 14 sai no Haha:

(1) Who owned the treehouse? How did the kids know about it?

(2) Near the end of the drama, the reporter is writing down some ideas about the title of his manuscript.
He first writes 14 sai no Haha with a different kanji for "sai" and then crosses it out and changes it to a simpler form of "sai"
Why does he do that?
What signifigance is the different forms of kanji??

(3) Where (in what true locations) was the main part of the drama filmed? What town(s) was the Ichinose home, the Hina store, the school and the bridge near the store? I couldn't find any info, even in the companion movie book.
I am going again to Japan this spring and would love to visit some of the locations if nearby.
Thanks in advance.

Tombdigger

Post by Tombdigger » May 28th, '08, 14:28

oh my gosh
I just watch the first episode and I somehow really like it.
BUT HOW THE HELL DID SHE BECOME PREGNANT?
with clothes on?
how could she know one day after that she might be pregnant?O_O

japonaliya

Post by japonaliya » May 28th, '08, 15:51

First, they obviously didn't show the actual love scene in the drama, so their clothes were on BEFORE the implied act!!!!

That was a particularly dumb comment.

It clearly says when she gets out of bed and starts to feel strange, and BEFORE she took the pregnancy test, "3 months later" or something like that. Also, you see Miki look back in her appt. book calender and the wall calender showing that a few months had past.

Tombdigger

Post by Tombdigger » May 30th, '08, 12:51

ah well.. I've thought so =)
thank you

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 5th, '08, 19:17

Why did Miki change to a complete black school uniform halfway through episode 1?
The only thing I can think of is that someone passed away. :unsure:

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jul 10th, '08, 04:57

The uniform was gray and she changed into her fall/winter uniform. So did Kiri-chan and all the other kids.
Keiko1981 wrote:Why did Miki change to a complete black school uniform halfway through episode 1?
The only thing I can think of is that someone passed away. :unsure:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 26th, '08, 23:26

I just finished this drama.
Acting and music: Very good most of the time. I liked Tanaka Misako and Namase Katsuhisa acting in this drama alot. As others have said I was a little disappointed with Miura Haruma (Satoshi).
In the beginning of the drama I kept wondering if the reporter could have been Satoshi's father.
Personally: It won't be one of my favorite dramas. Being 14 year and become pregnant do I think is too early.
The fact that the baby was premature born adds the risk of becoming disabled in in one way or another.
I was premature born (3½ month) resulting in being blind on one eye and near-sighted. I have no plans on getting a child(ren) in the future since I'm don't think I would be able to take care of it, or have any wish to have one.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 27th, '08, 00:55

I feel so dirty for finding Miura hot in this drama.

dingkun

Post by dingkun » Jul 28th, '08, 06:01

This drama was a bit uneasy for me... :(

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jun 7th, '09, 08:34

Just finished watching ep5 :unsure: ahh I've known about it since it came out and watched the first 2 episodes but just couldn't get past that. The 1st episode didn't really entice me to watch it because of the decisions made. So today, I tried watching it again and read some of the discussion on this thread.

When I first watched this drama, I didn't know any of the actors except for the dad from Gokusen and Trick and so no one else really pulled me in. But after watching Queen's Classroom, Tantei Gakuen Q and Seigi no Mikata, Shida Mirai has become one my fav Japanese actresses especially at her young age. While the decisions she makes all sound preachy, in some ways it makes sense and I feel her sadness. Cannot say much about how the story unfolds because I still need to finish it, but I'm sure this topic has surely gotten a controversial overload.

As for the guy playing Kiri-chan, did Miura Haruma become popular because of this series? His acting on this is so mediocre if not really awful and bland. While I do find him handsome (he looks way older for his age) , his character is just frustrating and not much facial expressions. Glad he actually improved his acting though. I thought he did pretty well on Bloody Monday even if the script or the ending of that really sucked.