[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 13th, '08, 19:51

hi ya'lll....dont mean to be rude interrupting your last friends discussion and all.....but i have to ask if ya'll serious about spending 50 bucks on these crappy cups.....yea i know they're ruka takeru micheru....but hell thats a lot of money to spend just on cups.....oh man if you girls want one....i'll make it for you at my ceramic class......and my classmate can even add in the arts......

love your discussion over here.....ok i'll leave ya'll alone now...sorry....peace out.....

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 13th, '08, 19:52

Wow XD Well, then again, that's not bad for 5 mugs! Or did you just buy the three? Ahhh I want to buy them too~

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 13th, '08, 20:12

do you need all 5 cups to drink with....again not trying to be rude.....

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 13th, '08, 20:46

Dude, I collect Tokusatsu toys which have cost 50+ plus, so mugs costing me 50 dollars is nothing to what I've spent on children's toys.

slowmoe

Post by slowmoe » May 13th, '08, 21:01

y'all grown....why ya wanna collect babys toys....oh man wished i could be rich too like ya'll here....alright.....sorry i asked....peace out......

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 13th, '08, 21:22

Because the show is cool? It the toy is fun to play with?

Anyway, major topic derail.

Hanzol

Post by Hanzol » May 13th, '08, 21:31

Ladymercury wrote: Anyway, major topic derail.
Ditto. Respect collectors. :D

Back to the topic. When my gf saw those cups she thought they were cute. So maybe I'll buy them for her. :scratchchin:

btw, think there is any significance of the key design being on the inside or outside of the cup?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 13th, '08, 22:03

I think the key signifies something. I was thinking maybe the key will be used later in the show... probably in Sousuke's maddening rage to break into the share house and steal Michiru and kill everyone.

I watch way too many lifetime movies.

ritas

Post by ritas » May 14th, '08, 02:31

Eh, count me in on those not liking the transgendered thing. It does sound of copout, to have these potentially 2 gay people and then take it all back by explaining why they might be not be attracted to the
opposite gender, one cause god knows what happened to them and they're scared of sex. And the other one by saying well she's really a guy inside. Plus, it kinda negates this really kind of cool character that is ruka, so unlike the other girls and trying to make herself stand out not because of her gender. She won the race cause she's really a guy inside. I am not hopeful that she'll back out of it or anything. The only thing I can think that would change that is that Ruka thinks that the only way she can ever stand in front of michiru and present herself as a possible suitor is to be a man.

xvannie

Post by xvannie » May 14th, '08, 02:37

this show has a really nice cast! im loving it so far :D

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 14th, '08, 03:31

Woah! haha I didn't think my little splurge on the mugs will create a little side "discussion"! haha Once I receive them, I'll let you guys know what the quality is like and whether they're worth getting. I'm excited! Should be getting them late this month. I ordered 3 but only managed to buy Michiru and Takeru's. I've asked them get Ruka's one too if it becomes available. I'm also a big collector on soundtracks so this one is another must buy! :lol

From my pt of view, I don't know why some people seem to think Ruka wants to become a guy. I don't feel that at all. It's true that she doesn't feel comfortable in her female body, but neither it does it mean she needs to take the extreme and physically be a man. I think the break through she desires is to be able to let the people around her (family & friends) know how she feels and for them to accept her just as that. I think it's the combination of hiding this inner ordeal and the feelings she has for Michiru that crushes her inside. I don't think it is impossible for her to accept Takeru if she actually managed to get over her attachment to Michiru.

Another good point someone mentioned (I think it was in the jdorama forum) - Michiru may subconsciously know of Ruka's feelings for her but mentally pushes back on it as she sees herself as inferior in character relative to Ruka. She sees Ruka as smart, strong, confident, ambitious, talented etc whereas she sees herself as a weakling - someone that has never been loved by anyone (except Sousuke - ugh). This theory is also supported in the scene where Michiru asks Ruka to be her friend "now and forever".

Aaah! This drama is driving me crazy!! Hmm..Episode 6 - Takeru seems to get quite worked up in this episode - I wonder what's going to tick him off??

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 14th, '08, 04:27

ritas wrote:Eh, count me in on those not liking the transgendered thing. It does sound of copout, to have these potentially 2 gay people and then take it all back by explaining why they might be not be attracted to the
opposite gender, one cause god knows what happened to them and they're scared of sex. And the other one by saying well she's really a guy inside. Plus, it kinda negates this really kind of cool character that is ruka, so unlike the other girls and trying to make herself stand out not because of her gender. She won the race cause she's really a guy inside. I am not hopeful that she'll back out of it or anything. The only thing I can think that would change that is that Ruka thinks that the only way she can ever stand in front of michiru and present herself as a possible suitor is to be a man.
I don't mind LF exploring sexual abuse (or whatever) in terms of Takeru. In fact, I really liked the parallels between him and Ruka in ep. 4. During the bar convo.

But I think that Ruka should be a LESBO and that be that! I agree that making her trans would totally negate her coolness. I have nothing against trans people, but from what I've seen, the Japanese don't really draw any distinction between trans and being a born girl/guy. "Choosing" to be gay however it's much more frowned upon.

I'm starting to wonder though...does Ruka really have any romantic feelings towards Michiru? I thought she must because I've behaved with girls I like the way she does with Michiru. But maybe Ruka is asexual and just LOVES Michiru. She's already kind of given up on Michiru- trying to pass her off on Takeru (though Michiru thinks Takeru is gay), and then telling Takeru her love is ok unrequited. Maybe Ruka's big problem is that she is trans and that is that. I've noticed, when it comes to sex, the Japanese kind of shy away from being too graphic or direct. But if Ruka winds up being some asexual trans I will be really annoyed.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 14th, '08, 05:55

sleepyzzz wrote:I must admit that the discussions on mugs is a nice change! Something light compared to the heated discussions earlier!

zeiroc! You need to post more messages and share more of your creative ideas about the mugs. You made some pretty good observations! haha I loved how you mentioned Takeru and Ruka's mug are closer together! haha

Glad that I can be of some amusement :lol Will do indeed keep my eye out for the cups.
sleepyzzz wrote: Hmm...as to how much it cost me? Well the mugs themselves are 1500 yen - and these guys charge a 10% service fee then postage (I'm using them http://www.i-tm4u.biz/)

So three mugs will cost USD50 then slap on postage which they can't tell me exactly cos it depends on weight - but they said it shouldn't be more than USD20. Quite pricey if you ask me but I'm THAT crazy at the moment.

Oy vie! I may be obsessed with the cups, but not to the point of burning a hole into my wallet. But kudos to you though! Be sure to share the mugs with us once they arrive. Sharing as in a snapshot of you actually putting it to use since you've invested so much on them. Honestly though...I don't think the cups have that much of a wow-ness factor. Sure, it's kinda unique, but too plain and big for me. I've seen better looking/cuter mugs. But I sure do love the significance/ motif of these cups.

Heck yeah Ruka's cup is sold out...b/c she's COOL and it's blue. Blue is such a beautiful color that I believe is neutral to any gender, despite what society says.

Then again I give you high-fives for being such hard core fanatics. Wow...is it me or has this thread shrunken a bit aka turned people away....thanks to my cup obsession? It's also probably because everyone is eagerly anticipating episode 6 and then VAVOOOOM 10 + pages of discussion aka: :argue: i kid i kid.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 14th, '08, 11:58

Well, I don't want to get into the whole Ruka and her sexuality debate again since I've already posted my opinion on it so far. I think we'll need more episodes before we start judging ya? In the mean time, just enjoy the show. ^^ Btw, Rinnetensei, I believe you brought up something regarding Ruka's conversation with the doctor before. Something like Ruka said she doesn't love anyone? I think the conversation can be read this way too(quoted from Suketeru's softsub):
Doc: Is there someone you can turn to about your worries, someone you like? A guy.
Ruka: It's a feeling of friendship and companionship. I never had love emotions towards him.
So about the 'no one' thing, I think it's the answer for not having anyone to turn to about her problem instead of not having someone she likes...

On a lighter note, I'll just say how much I love Juri-chan's Ruka voice~ :wub:
Heheh. A little husky but comfortable to listen to. Some of the stuff she said to Michiru would have come across as selfish or with an ulterior motive if it were any other actress. With Juri-chan, I dunno, you can just feel her emotions, love and sincerity even when she says something like "He's not a man who can make you happy" or "Throw away that phone." XD That voice add with those expressions~ *dies* Argh, Michiru is either blind or in denial~ >_<

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » May 14th, '08, 12:29

Rinnetensei wrote: But I think that Ruka should be a LESBO and that be that! I agree that making her trans would totally negate her coolness. I have nothing against trans people, but from what I've seen, the Japanese don't really draw any distinction between trans and being a born girl/guy. "Choosing" to be gay however it's much more frowned upon.
Please do consider the other choices of words in the future. Some people find it offencive. Very offencive, may I add.

djny

Post by djny » May 14th, '08, 15:36

Iatheia wrote:
Rinnetensei wrote: But I think that Ruka should be a LESBO and that be that! I agree that making her trans would totally negate her coolness. I have nothing against trans people, but from what I've seen, the Japanese don't really draw any distinction between trans and being a born girl/guy. "Choosing" to be gay however it's much more frowned upon.
Please do consider the other choices of words in the future. Some people find it offencive. Very offencive, may I add.
Hey, as a "lesbo" myself and knowing that the comment is coming from a fellow lesbo, I don't find it offensive at all.

Anyway, Rinnetensei, I am with you. I'm hoping that Ruka's "liberation" will be her coming out as a lesbian. I agree that for her to be transgender would be a cop out, a way for people to feel more comfortable, like "oh, I see. She was really a man all along. That explains her behavior." It would be much more groundbreaking to have her be a lesbian.

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 14th, '08, 16:06

Hanzol wrote:
Ladymercury wrote: Anyway, major topic derail.
Ditto. Respect collectors. :D

Back to the topic. When my gf saw those cups she thought they were cute. So maybe I'll buy them for her. :scratchchin:

btw, think there is any significance of the key design being on the inside or outside of the cup?
haha...i was thinking bout it too...but i could not come up with reasonable reasons for it...anyway, maybe ogurin and eri's keys are inside becuz they represent the internal support to the share house (as comic relief and relieve tension between the main characters' conflicts and problems)....while the other 3 mugs have keys on the cups exterior side becuz their problems are quite apparent and are being discussed as the main storyline at the moment ....

well, its just my opinions..dun think they are correct anyway...lol....however, all those cup obsessed folks, feel free to drop ur comment on this! :cheers:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 14th, '08, 16:14

I think it's just because the 'bowl' type of mugs have a bigger diameter thus allowing us to see inside better. That can be intepreted as, their issues probably aren't as 'closed up' and deep like the other 3 mug...er characters. =P

The Television (24/4)

Attachments
&quot;You don't have to use that knife Sosuke...I'll be more than happy to help you.&quot;
"You don't have to use that knife Sosuke...I'll be more than happy to help you."
tigerjuri.jpg (165 KiB) Viewed 3512 times

Kazumi-Chan

Post by Kazumi-Chan » May 14th, '08, 16:32

luv this drama ^^

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 14th, '08, 16:40

yeah..that could be it too... :lol

btw, regarding to the earlier posts, i seriously thinks that ruka is not trying to be a man...she prefers to be sexless...in that case, she is not a lesbian and is not trying to be man /trans...

her concept is simple...actually too simple for society to accept..which is to love and be loved for who they are instead of what they are...for me, to be able to love someone unconditionally regardless of anything is the greatest love...she does not like her female body but then again, she neva indicates that she wants to be a man as well except the motorcross sports...she wants to be seen as a racer, not as a male/female racer...

she loves michiru as michiru, not just as another girl...that explains why she only has eyes for michiru and not other girls...

p/s: im hoping that this is the case cuz i believe love should not be labeled :cheers: !

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 14th, '08, 16:41

wow...nice one yuuki! a cool pic of ruka!

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 14th, '08, 16:51

saved1122 wrote:yeah..that could be it too... :lol

btw, regarding to the earlier posts, i seriously thinks that ruka is not trying to be a man...she prefers to be sexless...in that case, she is not a lesbian and is not trying to be man /trans...

her concept is simple...actually too simple for society to accept..which is to love and be loved for who they are instead of what they are...for me, to be able to love someone unconditionally regardless of anything is the greatest love...she does not like her female body but then again, she neva indicates that she wants to be a man as well except the motorcross sports...she wants to be seen as a racer, not as a male/female racer...

she loves michiru as michiru, not just as another girl...that explains why she only has eyes for michiru and not other girls...!
I would agree with you about that concept. However, there is the scene where Ruka goes to the mental health clinic and clearly states she does not feel comfortable as a female. I dunno where the writers will take that, or if Ruka actually wants to be a man, but I've not heard of any people who assign no gender at all to themselves. They either feel they are 1 or both. I'd be cool with Ruka being genderqueer.

BTW, and maybe off topic...but damn Juri looks hot in that magazine!!!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 14th, '08, 18:54

saved1122: Great sum up - I'm with you on the love-should-not-be-labeled theory! That's exactly what I feel. :thumleft:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 14th, '08, 19:15

Also, just to let you know - being the crazy OST collector I am - the soundtrack of Last Friends will be released on 11 June!
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 011014113/

Can't wait! Oh and Ruka's mug is ALSO sold out on Amazon.co.jp =)

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 14th, '08, 19:20

^Yuuki wrote:On a lighter note, I'll just say how much I love Juri-chan's Ruka voice~ :wub:
Heheh. A little husky but comfortable to listen to. Some of the stuff she said to Michiru would have come across as selfish or with an ulterior motive if it were any other actress. With Juri-chan, I dunno, you can just feel her emotions, love and sincerity even when she says something like "He's not a man who can make you happy" or "Throw away that phone." XD That voice add with those expressions~ *dies* Argh, Michiru is either blind or in denial~ >_<
Wuaah! Me too, me too!!! I lovelovelove her Ruka-voice! (*.* ) It's totally different from her other acting voices, btw (just think of Nodame or Eren xD). I love the way she talks with Michiru. Did you also notice that she sounds different when she talks with Takeru? (for example in the park-scenes)
I'm always melting away :heart: when she talks... (^,^'') (LOL) *I'm one of these girls that have a crush on her - hahaha :wub: *

Oh, and thank you for the The Television scans!
Juri = hot *dies* [I love her clothes! (*-* )]
Btw, what's that tigerjuri.jpg-pic for? Some advertisement?

@sleepyzzz: Aaah, finally YesAsia offers the OST, too! I was going to buy it from CDJapan - but I prefer YesAsia now (^__^ ) Thanks for the info!

laceytam

Post by laceytam » May 14th, '08, 23:56

does it right that the pic on the left without faces means " important person" to sosuke?
if yes, i wonder who he/she is
and did michiro really fall in love with takeru later???

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 15th, '08, 01:11

[quote="TokyoJuice"][quote="^Yuuki"]On a lighter note, I'll just say how much I love Juri-chan's Ruka voice~ :wub:
/quote]

Wuaah! Me too, me too!!! I lovelovelove her Ruka-voice! (*.* ) It's totally different from her other acting voices, btw (just think of Nodame or Eren xD). I love the way she talks with Michiru. Did you also notice that she sounds different when she talks with Takeru? (for example in the park-scenes)
I'm always melting away :heart: when she talks... (^,^'') (LOL) *I'm one of these girls that have a crush on her - hahaha :wub: *

/quote]

count me in too...her voice is so good! i mean, full of expressions but not over reacting....i would melt everytime she is protecting michiru...when she is talking to takeru, u can feel that comfortable/soothing feeling inside...i know she is kinda silly in nodame, i din watch the whole drama though i know its good...i cant believe i heart her!! :P

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 15th, '08, 01:13

btw, it would be great if someone can come up with the translations of the chart here....u see, i cant read chinese/japanese!!! pls anyone>>>??? arigato ya...

pandan

Post by pandan » May 15th, '08, 01:31

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what shoes Juri's wearing in The Television scan? :lol

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » May 15th, '08, 01:34

One thing that just really strikes me is how "Prisoner of Love" fits into the story so well.
Usually, the theme songs have almost nothing to do with the plot itself, but for this one, every time I hear it playing in the background during one of those scenes, it's just so touching.

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » May 15th, '08, 01:39

pandan wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what shoes Juri's wearing in The Television scan? :lol
They look like Nike Air's to me.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 15th, '08, 01:42

saved1122 wrote:btw, it would be great if someone can come up with the translations of the chart here....u see, i cant read chinese/japanese!!! pls anyone>>>??? arigato ya...
It's just listing the relationships...

Share House, Michiru's Home, Michiru's Useless Mother, etc

son2

Post by son2 » May 15th, '08, 01:57

pandan wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know what shoes Juri's wearing in The Television scan? :lol
i think it's nike. she also wears it in the movie.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '08, 02:36

If you're talking about the pic above, they're Nikes...

Juri-chan loves her Nikes. :thumright:

She's worn ones in her photobook A Piacere, the show TFP2, and Jonetsu Tairiku, among others... :thumleft:

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 15th, '08, 03:34

bmwracer wrote:

Juri-chan loves her Nikes. :thumright:

She's worn ones in her photobook A Piacere, the show TFP2, and Jonetsu Tairiku, among others... :thumleft:
I think those are different Nikes that she sports for each of those shows...well I'm really just referring to the Jonetsu Tairiku. Totally means she digs and loves sneakers, uggs and those hideous crocs. Sneakers ROCK!

Thanks for the scans Yuuki! Love the Nike's she's sporting, old school shoes are da bomb! Too bad they don't have that brown racer jacket she wears i.e. the ferris wheel scene. I want that jacket!!

Oh yes, on a sidenote bmwracer what is TFP2? I am curious to see. What show was she representing for that appearance and where can i DL that? Please do feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 15th, '08, 03:43

bmwracer: Must say that I'm impressed with your observations!! haha I'm going to have to watch out on her shoes now! haha

As for the character map - this is what I can make out:
Michiru to Ruka - trust, best friends
Ruka to Michiru - unsaid secret
Sousuke and Michiru - lovers
Ruka and Eri - friends
Eri and Ogurin - colleagues
Takeru and Eri - not sure what this one says

The other stuff is not that interesting - ONE DAY TO GO!!! haha

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » May 15th, '08, 03:46

Is it Tokyo Friend Park II? - haven't watched it before, though.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '08, 03:55

zeiroc wrote:Oh yes, on a sidenote bmwracer what is TFP2? I am curious to see. What show was she representing for that appearance and where can i DL that? Please do feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance!
Tokyo Friend Park 2... The download is available here at D-Addicts: http://d-addicts.net/torrents/tokyo%20f ... vi.torrent :)

She was representing Jodan ja Nai!... And she was an adorable ball of fire. :thumleft:

Image Image

Image Image << Nikes :thumleft:

roon

Post by roon » May 15th, '08, 04:43

bmwracer wrote:

Juri-chan loves her Nikes. :thumright::
And if anyone is interested in taking their collector's obsession to a fashion level, they're Nike SB Blazers. :thumright:

She also has a pair of Converses she wore very briefly... /random shoe talk

marspeach

Post by marspeach » May 15th, '08, 10:01

sleepyzzz wrote:bmwracer: Must say that I'm impressed with your observations!! haha I'm going to have to watch out on her shoes now! haha

As for the character map - this is what I can make out:
Michiru to Ruka - trust, best friends
Ruka to Michiru - unsaid secret
Sousuke and Michiru - lovers
Ruka and Eri - friends
Eri and Ogurin - colleagues
Takeru and Eri - not sure what this one says

The other stuff is not that interesting - ONE DAY TO GO!!! haha
Eri to Takeru says "GEI kamo..." (Might be gay...)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 15th, '08, 13:02

sleepyzzz wrote: Can't wait! Oh and Ruka's mug is ALSO sold out on Amazon.co.jp =)
I didn't know it's sold on amazon japan...but looks like Takeru's mug is sold out too. Only Michiru is left alone...

@TokyoJuice: Heheh. Glad to know you love her voice too. =3 And I have no idea what that tiger shot is for but she looks totally cool+fierce in it~
does it right that the pic on the left without faces means " important person" to sosuke?
I think it's the little boy that's being abuse in episode 1. The size of the frame is similar to Ruka's brother meaning he's not that important.

Me gonna go download TFP2~ Thanks for the heads up. ;)
Just a note about the stuff she wears for her 'drama roles'. Don't think she's the type that provides personal input on the clothes. She mentioned it before in Jounetsu Tairiku when they were fitting her for Ellen's clothes. Something like she doesn't want what she likes to wear to influence what the character likes. She leaves it all to the drama staff and creators. But regarding Ruka, her fashion sense is probably closer to what she likes in real life so that's good for Juri. ^^

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » May 15th, '08, 13:57

OMG EPS 6
Takeru loves Ruka? did I hear that rigth?

claza

Post by claza » May 15th, '08, 14:00

nikita wrote:OMG EPS 6
Yeah, that's what he said at the very end. This episode was more depressing than shocking. I hate what's happened between Ruka and Michiru. It's heartbreaking to see such good friends just fall apart.

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » May 15th, '08, 14:15

Yeah, that's what he said at the very end. This episode was more depressing than shocking. I hate what's happened between Ruka and Michiru. It's heartbreaking to see such good friends just fall apart.
I totally agree. Ruka :cry: was avoiding Mirhiru so sad.but Takeru was Shocking to me and that women is his "big sis" I bet she's perv

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 15th, '08, 14:17

now I'm more excited for the triangle TakeruRukaMichiru >.<
Last edited by Nomanymore on May 15th, '08, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '08, 14:18

Why is that shocking?

Wasn't he interested in her from the beginning (Episode 1)?

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 15th, '08, 14:21

bmwracer wrote:
Why is that shocking?

I guess it's because he said it too soon... & the fact he knows Ruka 'likes' Michiru.

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » May 15th, '08, 14:23

bmwracer wrote:
Why is that shocking?

isn't he gay?I thought he likes her as friend and knew her feelings for Michiru

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '08, 14:32

nikita wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Why is that shocking?

I don't think he ever actually said he was gay, though there was that scene after Eri kissed him where he sort of nodded to Eri's question...

And he hasn't shown any interest in anyone aside from Ruka...

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 15th, '08, 15:00

YES, OMG on episode 6!!!
Am I really crap at Japanese, or did Sousuke leave that BS message in Ruka's parents' mailbox? WOW!!! And Takeru loves Ruka? Well, I could see that coming. But what is going on with Takeru's sister? She totally messed with him, didn't she? OMG! I can't wait for ep. 7 now!

khaibest

Post by khaibest » May 15th, '08, 15:35

im getting more n more curious about sousuke..
when he's with that little kid he seems soo yasashi..but when he's not..he's a complete dv..
gosh!cant wait to know his real story..

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 15th, '08, 15:53

khaibest wrote:im getting more n more curious about sousuke..
when he's with that little kid he seems soo yasashi..but when he's not..he's a complete dv..
Mmm, yeah, that one scene WAS interesting. Isn't that the same boy from episode 1?
Was anyone able to understand what Ruka and the counselor were talking about? That all went over my head.
[/spoiler]

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 15th, '08, 16:14

I can't see episode 6!!! Nooo! I have a convention to go to!! *DIES* Now I must avoid spoilers like the plague!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 15th, '08, 16:15

nikita wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Why is that shocking?

"Yeah, so what if he's gay? Since Ruka's a 'guy' I don't see any problem"......Is not what I would say, heheh. He barely nodded to Eri's implied question just to difuse the situation and because he didn't want to hurt her feelings even further I guess. Haven't seen the episode but hey, if he said it, good for him. We already know he loves her just not too sure if it's a romantic kinda feeling.

And looks like the counselor thing continues in this episode. I guess they're really trying to let us get into Ruka's head which is good but what we'll find, probably not that good...

Rori

Post by Rori » May 15th, '08, 16:38

All these "OMGS" make me regret skipping watching it when it aired. :(

Must resist the spoiler tags.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 15th, '08, 17:02

I've already screwed up and read all the spoilers....aaaaahh!!! *SIGH*

The 720 version is out - I just need to wait for a few more hours to d/l the HD one....

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 15th, '08, 17:30

@ sleepyzzz: Where do you download the HD version from?

I read the spoilers! Noooo ;___;
Now I'm getting more and more hyped >.<*
*dies*

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 15th, '08, 17:41

Looks like everyone ended up clicking the evil spoiler buttons anyway huh? Heheh, luckily they weren't too detailed...The HD one will normally come out a few hrs after the usual one. At the torrent page.

In the mean time, I'll just distract people with some more scans~

From Kansai Walker. Don't think I've posted this yet. Though I've posted all the 6 covers(they have one version for each city).
Not sure where this is from...
A role that requires 100% of both physical and mental strength...no wonder Juri-chan is tired...^^;
Attachments
Twice as deadly~
Twice as deadly~
juritigerjuri.jpg (163.94 KiB) Viewed 3574 times

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 15th, '08, 18:34

I can't wait and see what's the viewership rating for this episode! I'm hoping it breaks the 20% mark!! Looks like its very possible! I'd be so happy for the whole production team + actors - this is not an easy drama to achieve high ratings.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 15th, '08, 18:51

sleepyzzz wrote:I can't wait and see what's the viewership rating for this episode! I'm hoping it breaks the 20% mark!! Looks like its very possible! I'd be so happy for the whole production team + actors - this is not an easy drama to achieve high ratings.
Yup. It's currently getting around the same amount as Nodame Cantabile which isn't an easy feat considering that the show doesn't have that broad of a viewer target like nodame(which is essentially a comedy/drama). An interesting fact: Episode 5 of Nodame got 19.9% ratings as well! The highest is 21.7%(finale). Hope that ep.6 breaks into the 20s but I'll be happy enough if it stays within ep.5's range.

Ruka and Nodame seems to be having some pretty interesting conversation...
(sleepyzzz, translate~ =3)

son2

Post by son2 » May 15th, '08, 19:01

i am really addicted to this dorama!!!
now i can't wait for epi.7
arrrggghhhhh
Last edited by son2 on May 15th, '08, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 15th, '08, 19:02

khaibest wrote:im getting more n more curious about sousuke..
Maybe Sosuke sees himself in that little boy... A very small clue to his background.

laceytam

Post by laceytam » May 15th, '08, 19:48

i have watch ep. 6 already without subs but have some questions
will michiru break up with sosuke and start like takeru? or can someone translete the preview of ep 07

minigoo

Post by minigoo » May 15th, '08, 21:10

^Yuuki wrote:I think it's just because the 'bowl' type of mugs have a bigger diameter thus allowing us to see inside better. That can be intepreted as, their issues probably aren't as 'closed up' and deep like the other 3 mug...er characters. =P

The Television (24/4)

i really want to buy Ruka's coat and bag. does anyone what brand or where i could buy it? online?
arigatou!

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » May 15th, '08, 21:46

I love the fashion <3 reminds me of my own sorta.

Its getting so interesting. cant wait for ep 7. <3

JC

Post by JC » May 15th, '08, 21:53

I really like Ueno Juri's hair style. It's boyish, but she carries it well. Only so many women could rock a hairstyle like that and still look sexy and own it. She reminds me alot of Hikaru Utada. I thought she looked like her at certain moments in Nodame cantabile, but now she'd adopted the same boyish hairstyle Hikaru donned for her Heart station album - she reminds me even more of her. :-)

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » May 15th, '08, 23:09

this thread grows so faaaaaast. i just havent check the thread for a week and BOOM! this thread has grown for more than 20 pages. sugeeeeee :D

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » May 16th, '08, 00:04

HO SNAP!
Takeru was soo cool when he told Sousuke off!
and poor ruka, after that letter it seems like she feels like she has to be a good daughter for her parents. i think thats why she told michiru she was tired.
ahh people always have such bad communication in dramas XD

Hanzol

Post by Hanzol » May 16th, '08, 00:55

haruko17 wrote: people always have such bad communication in dramas XD
And in real life. :P

roon

Post by roon » May 16th, '08, 01:24

Eagerly anticipating the HD version of ep6, but with all the "OMG"s I might just watch the SD one...

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » May 16th, '08, 01:58

haruko17 wrote:HO SNAP!
Takeru was soo cool when he told Sousuke off!
and poor ruka, after that letter it seems like she feels like she has to be a good daughter for her parents. i think thats why she told michiru she was tired.
ahh people always have such bad communication in dramas XD
I completely agree. Takeru was... something. I haven't even realised that he is taller than Sousuke. For a moment I thought I saw fear in his eyes when he looked up to Takeru. Very cute scene...
And again, scenes with Ruka vere absolutely fantastic. And as always, I hardly understood a word that they were saying... :cry: Can't wait for the subs to come out.

Rinnetensei

Post by Rinnetensei » May 16th, '08, 02:52

Anyone know when Kioku's episode 5 will be out? Heard this week...

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 16th, '08, 03:18

^Yuuki wrote: Me gonna go download TFP2~ Thanks for the heads up. ;)
Just a note about the stuff she wears for her 'drama roles'. Don't think she's the type that provides personal input on the clothes. She mentioned it before in Jounetsu Tairiku when they were fitting her for Ellen's clothes. Something like she doesn't want what she likes to wear to influence what the character likes. She leaves it all to the drama staff and creators. But regarding Ruka, her fashion sense is probably closer to what she likes in real life so that's good for Juri. ^^
Thanks for translating that part...I was curious as to what she was saying during those clothes switching :lol

Oh and many thanks for the scans!!

noirexjem

Post by noirexjem » May 16th, '08, 03:59

just finished ep 6. cannot wait for ep7. so addicted right now..it's such an awsome dram but some parts just make me want to scream nd curse at my sreen=\

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 16th, '08, 04:05

Just finished with Episode 6:
More stalking, more physical and psychological trauma... Enough already. :cussing:

We're now six episodes in, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on why Sosuke is a nutjob... How long are the writers gonna to jerk the viewers around?

Good to see Takeru step up and show some incentive with saving Michiru and telling Ruka how he feels about her... When Sosuke got in Takeru's face, Takeru shoulda head-butted that little punk and put him on the receiving end of some kicks for a change...

Honestly, the entire show could've done without the DV plot... It''s just a hot button topic for suck in viewers, even more so to use a JE boy as the antagonist.

The pretty well-written, complex, intertwined relationships should be more than enough to keep viewers interest... At least "real" viewers and not ones just here to gawk at an actor or actors in a role.