Help... Share p2p search fuction isn't working :(

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Rotk

Help... Share p2p search fuction isn't working :(

Post by Rotk » Apr 10th, '08, 15:13

Hello

I've downloaded and tried share program but failed to get the search function to work or search anything

- I've opened the ports on my router and firewall and set up up/download bandwidth
- made a cache, upload, and download folder
- paste the name of the stuff i'm searching for into my clusters
- and on the site http://www.anonymous-p2p.org/tutorial_share.html on step #2 it says "Download the English locale / hint / readme / info files from Uguu.org and overwrite the files in your Share folder.", i'm not sure what it means but I've overwrite the old previous text in those files by copy and pasting the bunch of text from the link into those files(locale, hint, readme, and inf) and and then save those 4 files.

Please help me anyone, I've been trying to get this program to work for days but still failed. Sad And please forgive me for my awkward tone.

Takekaze

Post by Takekaze » Apr 16th, '08, 09:11

The original Share is in Japanese, with the locale you get all the little buttons in English.

Judging by what you posted you did everything right (but it's been a while since I've set up Share)... You just seem to have missed the most important part: Nodes. Share needs nodes to connect to. However, most of the old node sites are gone by now. Which means, this is your friend: http://p2p-db.net/share/

Not sure which Share you're using, but it's likely that it's EX. Which means you'll need the nodes from the first window (share_ex.txt). Copy and paste them into a normal text file, which you name node.txt. Once that is done open Share, go to "Nodes", click on "Add nodes" and "Load from file". Just browse to the file, open it and click "Add". Update the nodes like this every now and then. Once all of that is done it should connect normally. You can watch the status of connections to the nodes in the "Nodes" tab.

Rotk

Post by Rotk » Apr 16th, '08, 22:39

Many thanks :)