[Discussion] Tomorrow - Upcoming Yutaka Takenouchi Drama !!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Aug 23rd, '08, 04:44

1shinigami0 wrote:Yes, Takenouchi has aged quite well, hasn't he? :roll

Hotness apart, I'm not sure they are going to explore a romantic angle at all. I don't see Nanami being in love with Moriyama. It's a simple crush of a young girl on the doctor who saved her life. I bet good-looking doctors go through this all the time.

Moriyama and Aiko are really fond of each other, but I don't think it has developed into love yet. There is great respect among them and they inspire each other, both professionally and as people. Remember that Moriyama told Aiko that her attitude and courage moved him to return to medicine. And he has been able to earn her respect and admiration by the way he treats his patients and stands up to Endou. They are such earnest characters!

If the series had more episodes, I'm sure we would see sparks fly between those two. Takenouchi and Miho have loads of chemistry. Just a look between the two of them telegraphs an amazing amount of emotions. But I don't think they will have time to develop this angle.
I also agree with your comment on Moriyama and Aiko- althought it looks like they have great respect for each other- I think that within the remaining episodes- There is not enough time to explore a romantic angle. Awww so sad--- I was really hoping for one- but that's okay. I have watched episode 7 , so between ep 8-11 (Not enough time). There is 11 episodes, right? Does anyone know? Thanks- sorry for being repetiative.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Aug 23rd, '08, 08:50

Usually jdramas have 11 episodes, but drama wiki has only 9 episodes listed for Tomorrow. I don't know if they simply don't have any more information or if this drama is going to be a short one. Sometimes they only last 8 epsiodes.

Do they short a series if the ratings are not good, like in the U.S.?

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Aug 24th, '08, 04:24

well, on the info page of tomorrow's drama wiki- it first stated that this drama has 11 episodes, but on the middle of the page (where the title of each ep. is listed...there is only 9 episodes. So I am not sure what is the correct info. - The wiki listed this drama ending on sept 14- so that's 3 more sundays...meaning 3 more eps...so 10 eps. should be the correct number. Anyways...up to ep 7 this drama is getting better and better. :D

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Aug 25th, '08, 17:11

This is the only Jap drama I'm watching currently so anyone has a CB link for the drama cuz Tokyoplastic still not upload it yet.. Torrent doesn't work to me..

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Sep 1st, '08, 10:01

WHAT? Makoto is a girl?!
Thanks for the subtitles. I wouldn't had guessed it in a million years.

I loved episode 8, but I'm not too pleased with episode 7. Endou's accident was a bit of overkill.

Any thougths anyone?

lunas

Post by lunas » Sep 1st, '08, 17:23

I wouldn't considered Endou's incident a bit overkill but it gave the viewers a little more into her background. I would be really sad if
Her mother really did not want her.
Episode 8 was good but the progress of the story is still a bit slow.

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Sep 2nd, '08, 08:04

I thought that ep 7 and 8 were done beautifully...
Endou's accident showed that moriyama and tanaka are the only saints during those situations. And true, it also pave the way for endou's story.
I watched ep 9 (without subs) (you can say that i am a fanatic for this drama).
It show a preview of ep 10 and i was wondering...
hopefully nothing bad is going to happen to Tanaka...cause the preview shows Moriyama operating on Tanaka. so exciting....can't wait for next week.
and thanks for the quick subs as always. :wub:

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Sep 2nd, '08, 17:38

1shinigami0 wrote:
WHAT? Makoto is a girl?!
Thanks for the subtitles. I wouldn't had guessed it in a million years.

I loved episode 8, but I'm not too pleased with episode 7. Endou's accident was a bit of overkill.

Any thougths anyone?
Oh yea I was like WTF when I heard about makoto... big surprsie, excellent back stories on these people.... The makoto-endou link was an interesting one and gave us some information on how endou was raised. Which then raises the question. Why IS she fighting so hard for her mom? Is that really her mom? Maybe its a foster mom...

Uhm the whole episode I thought head nurse was going to adopt makoto and move to hokkaido... I was wrong, lol.

When that confessed his love at the end, I did I actual shed a man tear. Man... too touching!

Well they p***y-footed around tanaka's sister's feelings... I wonder how she feels. "How do you feel about moriyama?Onee-chan... ah never mind..." don't do that with my favorite character!!!!!!!!! Man... I think that this really is a great drama... Too bad its being over looked :( :((

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Sep 10th, '08, 07:08

Sorry for the long absence. Anyway...

About episode 7: Yes, it was nice to learn more about Endou's background. But did she need to almost die from a fall to introduce us to it? The only other possible reason was to bring Dr. Takaoka into the fold, since he had behaved like a sniveling little yes-man from the beginning. To have everyone been reminded about their Hypocratic Oath to help any patient in need was neat and who could be more unlikeable than Endou at that point? So, yes, you guys are right, it was a good episode over all. It's just that one gets the impression that working for that hospital is hazardous for one's health.

Episode 8 was very sweet. I love the chief nurse. And as a working mom, the whole theme of balancing job and family struck a chord with me. The Makoto surprise made my jaw drop, though. And we got another layer from Endou's background exposed. Thinking back, they did a very good revealing her story little by little without giving away the game.

All masks came off on episode 9, didn't they? Endou's thoughness, the double-dealing politicians... Man, I hate that spineless vice-mayor!

I will reserve my comments about the finale (couldn't they stretch it a little longer? I'm going to miss this series) until the subtitles come out. But at first glace, it looks like this town should give up on festivals. They are a recipe for disaster!

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Sep 10th, '08, 13:01

In my opinion episode 9 was so great. We finally learn the motivation behind endou-sensei. Uhm we also learned (many times n the series) the danger of assuming. Endou-senei went all that time without knowing the truth and torn herself up because of it. I felt her emotions and actions were so real. She wanted to keep keep her alive on the 1/1,000,000th chance she would wake up, and then possibly say, I'm sorry, I love you or something like that. It was so real. Her desire to be approved or loved by her mother was so strong. Its extremely touching, because I understand her feelings, they are real. To her spending that money, sacrificing those people, everything is worth it to hear her mother say those words, I'm sorry. So powerful.

I felt this was a very very real story, its a happy story because endou-sensei saw the light. Its a real story because the hospital closed. In politics with rich people, the only thing that matters is money, the hospital was making no money, so it had no money, either make it produce money, or build something that will.

The vice major's words are true, what would you do. Either the hospital closes or the city closes, which do you pick? For a man of his status to be on his knees, begging for acceptance of his choice, I think thats the single more shocking thing. Its obviuos the vice major really cares for the city. In fact he may be the only on to care for it, the other city leaders were worried about golf instead of the city . So I feel that as much as the choice hurt him, it was the right one. I felt in the beginning as much as endou-sensei was a ****, her way of thinking was correct. If a business needs money, then the only way to save it, is to make it produce more money, she was right. She couldn't make it produce more money, so the hospital closed. So this drama was spot on in my book.

I am very very impressed with what I saw this episode. It feels like one of the realest fantasy shows I've ever seen.Now... all I need is tanaka's little sister and moriyama to get it on. Just replace the girl in this CM with tanaka's little sister

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebIsr1zlZ0&feature=related
Well I'm through, I'm just waiting for someone to offer their opinions, I'm really wanting to read what others think.

fleng

Post by fleng » Sep 13th, '08, 18:42

Damn episode 10 was awesome, they really made everything come full circle ! Best dorama this season IMO. Though I was wishing for some romance in the storyline, but that took a backseat with a slight hint at the end when Aiko and Moriyama was talking at the sunrise.

Now I'm gonna have withdrawal symptoms. :(

Just some other thought though..

Almost 75% of people working the hospital has now been Operated by Moriyama :D lol.

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Sep 14th, '08, 07:31

fleng wrote:
Almost 75% of people working the hospital has now been Operated by Moriyama :D lol.
:lol :lol
This show's a bit overdramatic, but I love it.
The sceneries beautiful. wonder which city did they shoot at

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Sep 14th, '08, 19:40

Oh, yes! The finale was truly excellent.

I'm going to jump in the bandwagon and say that the lack of romance at the end was a waste of screen chemistry. And they know it!!! Otherwise they wouldn't have teased us at the end! Mean, mean writers.

I agree that some plot devices were overused: a good chunk of the hospital staff ended up under Moriyama's knife, the city cannot produce a single festival without ending in disaster, etc. But it doesn't discredit the overall story. I would give it 8/10. And even though I'm critical about the festivals from hell, I can understand them wanting to go full circle: a disaster brought Moriyama back to medicine and a disaster ultimately saved the hospital from closing. (But couldn't it be a different disaster? A building collapsing, a fire perhaps?)

Scenes I loved:
Moriyama laughing at Tanaka's call to keep figthing.
Endou's arrival at just the right moment, teasing Moriyama
Moriyama loosing his temper with the slimy politician
Moriyama talking to an unconscious Tanaka
Tanala's first question when she wakes up. So in character!
The sunrise at the rooftop scene
I will be watching this series over and over again.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 17th, '08, 16:53

I just began this drama. I have only seen the first 3 episodes. I like the drama but I find the nurse (tanaka) annoying. Does anyone else feel this way or does she get better? I have no problem with the actress but the character. Maybe it is because I work in the medical field, but she is too idealistic. Endo may be a &$%^& but she atleast sees the bigger picture. Endo explained clearly that they only have three doctors and no money. They have to make money in order to treat all the patients. They don't have the staff or the equipment to treat the community, yet. I understand her community concerns, but i find her too extreme and I hate the way she lashes out at the doctor whenever things don't go her way. She's always saying things like you're afraid or you're giving up. Cut the man some slack. She knows nothing about his past and he hasn't performed a procedure in 8 years!!! :glare: I wouldn't want him operating on me. I love her concern for the community, but I just wish she would focus on the big picture and not just what is in front of her.

zenkzenk

Post by zenkzenk » Sep 17th, '08, 18:12

I also find Tanaka very annoying. This show is a botched cross between Dr. Koto Shinryoujo and Iryu (2nd season) plus an annoying nurse and a loser quitter doctor.

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Sep 17th, '08, 18:21

zenkzenk wrote:I also find Tanaka very annoying. This show is a botched cross between Dr. Koto Shinryoujo and Iryu (2nd season) plus an annoying nurse and a loser quitter doctor.
I agree but I will keep going until the end.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Sep 18th, '08, 09:07

I think you pegged Tanaka right as being extremely idealistic. But she is the counterpoint to Endou, who is so practical and realistic that she seems cold. Moriyama is right on the middle, being influenced by both women. I hope you keep watching it. In the end, he finds the balance. What I liked about this series is that it portrays the problems with the health care system (which I understand are similar to those in the US) very well. If you work in this industry, I think you will find more things to like than dislike in this series, even if Tanaka get on your nerves.

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Sep 20th, '08, 17:56

dokodemodoa wrote:
fleng wrote:
:lol :lol
This show's a bit overdramatic, but I love it.
The sceneries beautiful. wonder which city did they shoot at
That's true, Moriyama did operate on 75% of the people in the hospital...I was laughing so hard when i saw your comment. I was thinking the exact same thing when i saw him operate on tanaka.

gracefulmoonie

Post by gracefulmoonie » Sep 20th, '08, 18:00

1shinigami0 wrote:Oh, yes! The finale was truly excellent.

I'm going to jump in the bandwagon and say that the lack of romance at the end was a waste of screen chemistry. And they know it!!! Otherwise they wouldn't have teased us at the end! Mean, mean writers.

I agree that some plot devices were overused: a good chunk of the hospital staff ended up under Moriyama's knife, the city cannot produce a single festival without ending in disaster, etc. But it doesn't discredit the overall story. I would give it 8/10. And even though I'm critical about the festivals from hell, I can understand them wanting to go full circle: a disaster brought Moriyama back to medicine and a disaster ultimately saved the hospital from closing. (But couldn't it be a different disaster? A building collapsing, a fire perhaps?)

Scenes I loved:
Moriyama laughing at Tanaka's call to keep figthing.
Endou's arrival at just the right moment, teasing Moriyama
Moriyama loosing his temper with the slimy politician
Moriyama talking to an unconscious Tanaka
Tanala's first question when she wakes up. So in character!
The sunrise at the rooftop scene
I will be watching this series over and over again.

At the sunrise sence, I was like " Yes, Yes, Finally." But well, still we get something. Overall the quality of this drama is great, I would give it 8/10 too. Two things prevent me from giving it a 10.
-lack of romance between leads.
-and it was tooooooooo short. 11 or 12 episodes would have been great. if the story was expand a bit more. Not too draggy, but a couple more eps.

Sorry for going on and on...but i will miss this drama. :cry:

Esdru
Spain

Re: [Discussion] Tomorrow - Upcoming Yutaka Takenouchi Drama !!

Post by Esdru » Feb 2nd, '23, 12:03

Is there any tracker where i can find this drama?

Thanks in advance.