Cheering up You're Beautiful Cast

Discuss Korean drama series here.
OosakiNana707

Cheering up You're Beautiful Cast

Post by OosakiNana707 » Oct 30th, '09, 18:07

Hey People We Need your Help!!! Some of you might know that YAB it's not having good ratings and Jang Geun Seok is starting to feel bad about it, and some people from viikii.net are developing a great idea to support the cast of this BEAUTIFUL drama.

Here is the Information...

Cheer UP YAB team project!!!

by tamakisenpai

Attention!! since JGS and the crew feel a lil bit down about the rating i hope i can get somebody to help me to do a project~~we need to sent out support to them and let them know we like YAB! i think i need all u guys post a simple msg to them in english/korean! i will tried to ask my friend to post it to sbs building!! hope everybody participate in this! send me detail like urname/nickname, from where and ur msg :

eg:

name: morichan
msg: (not too long ok??simple english!)

Oh btw~~who's IN it?? i need a team too!! sent it to here (please don't sent it twice)

here's JGS MSG :

Jang Geun Suk leaves message on 'You're Beautiful' homepage
[태경♡] 황태경입니다! 2009.10.29 10:47:11

Hello viewers of ‘You’re Beautiful’. This is Jang Geun Suk, currently taking on the role of Hwang Taekyung in ‘You’re Beautiful’. I actually planned to write something here before the series began but because of filming and my tight schedule…

I was really late this time ^^

It has already been a month since ‘You’re Beautiful’ started airing. We don’t have many finished scenes; we just shoot right before the episode goes on air. Therefore, both the actors and the staff are feeling the strain. Maybe it’s because we’ve got great teamwork on the set of’ You’re Beautiful’ or maybe it’s cause of the young actors, but this has to the most fun and enjoyable drama I’ve ever filmed.
I suppose most of you know this but we finally hit the 2 figure mark last week (for viewership ratings). Although there might be people who doubt that we could do well since we’re a group of really young actors, or people who might be more interested in other dramas that are currently airing, there are now more people who will go ‘Ah~’ when the drama’s title is mentioned and more people who remember this drama. We might not have the resources and support to make this drama a magnificent one, but through our passion and great teamwork, we, the actors and the staffs are working hard to show everyone that this is a good drama. And the lovely words and interest that everyone has shown us has been a great source of strength to us.

(I always check our search rankings on various portal sites ^^)

Truthfully, as the leader of AN Jell, I feel sorry to my dongsaengs. We wanted to show this drama to more people but the viewership ratings were lower than we expected. I started to wonder if it was because I didn’t manage to bring across the Hwang Taekyung character well or if it’s because of Jang Geun Suk that people cannot accept this drama….many such thoughts crossed my mind..

(Cause I’m an A blood type, you know) (T/N: Type As are known to be perfectionists)

But I don’t think that way now. I won’t dwell on just viewership ratings. Looking at the other younger actors striving so hard to embrace their characters makes me realize that I should be the one learning from them. I’ve thought of giving up because it was too tough. I didn’t expect it to be so satisfying leading this group of inexperienced young actors holding their scripts, joking on set and researching how to express a particular scene. ^^

This week’s episodes will be the half point mark for this drama. Recently, not just me but also all my co-workers have just been shooting continuously.

We’ll do our best all the way to the very end. Till then, please give us your love and opinions ^^

Jang Geun Suk as…..Taekyung preparing to shoot the 19th scene of episode 8 at SBS Ilsan Tanhyun G-Studio

translated by: Sparkskey @ LJ

sent it in microsoft word n attach it to here :
aabs.bm09@student.usm.my.

ps: anybody who want to join this team please pm me at viikii ok? I think i need someone who's creative in designing things (photoshop etc. and making video)

How to make SBS account
credit:avetsada (please try-no harm trying, even it's alil bit difficult)~anyone who get's confirmation e-mail please tell me..

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE PLEASE GO TO VIKKI.NET IN THIS LINK REGISTER, JOIN THE YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL CLUB AND LEAVE A MSG TO SUPPORT THE CAST..

HERE IS THE LINK
http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/bea ... TOPIC/1166
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php? ... 18061&st=0

belleza

Post by belleza » Oct 31st, '09, 08:47

I feel bad for Jang Geon Suk, because this is his first true role as a lead. And given the live shoot atmosphere, he's not able to sit back and absorb the popularity of the show. The ratings aren't there, but You're Beautiful is what they call a "mania show." Meaning, pretty much everybody who's watching is watching it online (typical of Korean teen audience.)

This is not only the best work JGS has ever done, this is perhaps the best drama the Hong Sisters have ever written, and this is the best Korean rom-com of the year by a wide mile. For what it is, it's a masterpiece.

NickJu

Post by NickJu » Nov 10th, '09, 17:49

Problem with You're Beautiful isn't the cast or the production. It's the timing. Competing against IRIS is silly really. The people who are really watching dramas are middle aged. Most middle aged people are not interested in "teen dramas". And for awhile you're teen base was split with "Heading to the Ground", which gained popularity with the later episodes. Unfortunately, many do not mind waiting to see "You're Beautiful" on the internet. And although "HTTG" has ended, "YAB" now has to compete with the new series "Hero".
IRIS' Lee Byoung Hun and Kim Tae Hee are favorites amongst many. It would be hard for any unknown cast to compete. I think the "YAB" team is doing a fine job and I look forward to the rest of the series. Good Luck with the project. :)

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Nov 12th, '09, 07:35

belleza wrote:I feel bad for Jang Geon Suk, because this is his first true role as a lead. And given the live shoot atmosphere, he's not able to sit back and absorb the popularity of the show. The ratings aren't there, but You're Beautiful is what they call a "mania show." Meaning, pretty much everybody who's watching is watching it online (typical of Korean teen audience.)

This is not only the best work JGS has ever done, this is perhaps the best drama the Hong Sisters have ever written, and this is the best Korean rom-com of the year by a wide mile. For what it is, it's a masterpiece.
now i really need to check out this drama :thumright:

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Dec 1st, '09, 08:01

There is a petition going on to get a second season of YAB
if anyone wants a second season and would like to sign the petition
here is the link
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/YB2/

as of this very moment there is 863 signatures the goal is 50,000

once you sign check your inbox you will receive an email to verify your signature
please verify or it won't be valid

there is also a facebook YAB petition group if you have a facebook and would like to join
this is the link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 370&ref=mf

and as well there is an international YAB fans group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 092&ref=mf
which will be having projects as well if you would like to join

hope all who read this will sign the petition so we can all enjoy a season 2 in the future

Don't forget to spread the word

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 2nd, '09, 02:29

IMHO, Out of all the Hong Sister's work.. this is by far the weakest. My Girl was one of Hong Sister's best work because the characters are endearing and you can relate to. Best Rom-Com of the year? Doubt So.. even That Fool/Accidental Couple scores higher on that scale for this year.

But definitely give it a chance and watch it. It's quite interesting and fun at times.. it could captivate the younger audience..

purple07mars

Post by purple07mars » Dec 2nd, '09, 04:50

I just finished watching You are Beautiful and I loved it. I was initially surprised to hear it didn't do well. But then I remembered I wasn't originally going to watch it because the description of the show was not interesting, I only started to watch it because of Jang Geun Suk, I am SOOOOO glad I did.
It is not the typical Korean melodrama for sure, very original, lots of fun more like a Japanese manga, or a Taiwanese romantic comedy. So maybe that's why it didn't do so well.
IMHO, Out of all the Hong Sister's work.. this is by far the weakest. My Girl was one of Hong Sister's best work because the characters are endearing and you can relate to. Best Rom-Com of the year? Doubt So.. even That Fool/Accidental Couple scores higher on that scale for this year.
Really don't agree with you here especially since I am not a My Girl fan.
My best Korean romantic comedy for the year would be City Hall with You are Beautiful a close second.

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 2nd, '09, 07:24

purple07mars wrote:I just finished watching You are Beautiful and I loved it. I was initially surprised to hear it didn't do well. But then I remembered I wasn't originally going to watch it because the description of the show was not interesting, I only started to watch it because of Jang Geun Suk, I am SOOOOO glad I did.
It is not the typical Korean melodrama for sure, very original, lots of fun more like a Japanese manga, or a Taiwanese romantic comedy. So maybe that's why it didn't do so well.
My best Korean romantic comedy for the year would be City Hall with You are Beautiful a close second.
It's alright. Keep on supporting the cast of YAB!.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 15th, '09, 05:07

I prefer YB over My Girl actually. My Girl was pretty funny but during the last few episodes, it really slowed down and turned melodramatic. I really like YB cuz of all the parodies. I like comedy, but parodies are the best IMO. I like movies/dramas when they do spoofs of others. I really laughed my head off in Airplane! Naked Gun and Hot Shots.

angelic_in_red

Post by angelic_in_red » Jan 11th, '10, 09:13

I'll step in and say that Choon-Hyang was my fav Hong Sisters drama. Jae Hee's expressions really sealed the deal. But YB had me laughing so much more in a sillier teenage way. Cute concept and I'm sure it's been insanely popular with the younger crowd. It's too bad they don't get ratings for what's being watched online, as there's not too much of a way to track that. But I wish they would gauge how well it did by how popular it's been online. They've got a ton of fans supporting them, including me!

ah_pod

Post by ah_pod » Jan 12th, '10, 16:56

I preferred YAB over My girl as I found My girl got boring

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Jan 25th, '10, 04:07

purple07mars wrote:I just finished watching You are Beautiful and I loved it. I was initially surprised to hear it didn't do well. But then I remembered I wasn't originally going to watch it because the description of the show was not interesting, I only started to watch it because of Jang Geun Suk, I am SOOOOO glad I did.
The same thing happened to me, the description of this drama didn't interest me, it just sounded too silly, but then I decided to watch cause I like Jang Geun Suk's works. Too bad I didn't start watching it earlier. Now it's one of my fav kdramas. I didn't like a kdrama this much since Goong.