[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Jun 26th, '10, 09:20

I loved reading all the discussion and I had so many things to contribute but after reading that its "supposed" to be confirmed that there will be 8eps I see no point now. With the initial 10 or even 9eps I felt that the drama could end well with a sufficient romance, albeit not the romantic whirlwind promised, however now...stop the lies!
All I can say is that if this show ends with 8eps then it was downright horrible. I blame that on the writers 100%. As a writer, you should be able to tie up your story at any point and make it believable to me and with 2 eps to go, there is no way, not on the romance front, not if Ren actually pursues a relationship with either Xiu Mei or Maemi. Neither relationship, as is, is realistic or believable. Its sad that a show that had so much potential could end so abruptly and so horribly. I don't know what to look forward to, but they have alot a backpeddling to do to make this show a decent watch.
To be honest, I believed that the writers intended for RxM coupling but the relationship of RxXM snowballed and now they don't know what to do. It reminds me of BOF (the Korean version). Overall, in the last couple eps, I've checked out of the romantic angle of this show mainly because nothing works for me. I think its more logical for Ren to be with Maemi but he hasn't chosen her. I think he's an idiot for that but that's just me. I identify more readily with Maemi and, in addition, I truly don't like or trust Xiu Mei. I've always been unsettled by her. Even with that said, I can't accept an ending where Ren runs to Xiu Mei and lives in the shrubs with she and her parents, anymore than I could stomach him waking up, lighting up and confessing to Maemi. I don't think that they've paved enough way for either scenario. The best ending, to me, is everyone full circle, though changed by the experience of the last few months:
XM in Shanghai with her parents. Ren is just as successful but taking more steps to be less heartless. Maemi is freelancing and no longer working with Ren. And Hazami is in prison [kekkee just for fun :)] or being a legitimate rival to Ren in the furniture world.

This is my humble dream for this drama, but I'm not sure we can even hope for something that makes that much sense anymore.

At this point, I feel how I did in regards to the finale of LOST: as long as they don't insult my intelligence, I'll be fine. I won't like a RxXM ending, anymore than I liked Kate and Jack kissing in the finale, however, I will accept it because at this point, they have to walk the line they've drawn, no matter how utterly ridiculous and nonsensical.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 26th, '10, 19:03

notoriousnoona,

I like your wrap up of this drama if only a few more episodes were added. I am all for Ren/Maemi and have been from the getgo. I do not like the XM character or the actress. It is not a justifiable twosome. It is a business crush for Rensuke and he has carried a little too far. XM is a very unstable character.
The only way they can put Ren/Maemi together is by having a time slip to the future. Maybe one or two years. Everyone, as you say, back to normal but changed for the better. Definitely have to get XM and Kazami out of the picture. Although I loved to feel creepy with Kazami. What a snake in the grass he is.

Peggy

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 27th, '10, 02:32

notoriousnoona wrote:I XM in Shanghai with her parents. Ren is just as successful but taking more steps to be less heartless. Maemi is freelancing and no longer working with Ren. And Hazami is in prison [kekkee just for fun :)] or being a legitimate rival to Ren in the furniture world.

hear ye for notoriousnoona!!!!^_^

anyway, one day to go and all our frustrations will be over--or not!

words fail to express my frustrations during this one week hiatus..right now, i don't even care that there are only two more episodes left in this series...all i want is to see a new episode NOW! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

hopefully, tomorrow's episode will give us answers...or at least show us the way.

i just badly need my dose of kimutaku!!! :goggle:

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jun 27th, '10, 05:16

13.4% for Ep 6. Yikes. Quick somebody put Kimura on suicide watch!

http://artv.info/ar1004.html

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jun 27th, '10, 15:11

ZoddGuts wrote:13.4% for Ep 6. Yikes. Quick somebody put Kimura on suicide watch!

http://artv.info/ar1004.html
LOL I think he'll be fine. He is happily blogging about recording and football. And if getting rating of 13.4 could kill an actor, we probably don't have many actors left for our drama. His dramas still hold comfortably as the top3 rating of modern jdrama anyway.

Besides, the episode aired against a world cup match on NHK. I doubt even Kimura himself didn't watch his own drama.

marks

Post by marks » Jun 27th, '10, 17:11

I don't even like soccer . I think this pause it's ok , but I read somewhere that the producers decided that this drama will only gonna has 8 episodes . Is this true ? Cos 8 episodes is really too short . It will gonna looks like they run out of money to do this show .

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 27th, '10, 17:52

marks wrote:I don't even like soccer . I think this pause it's ok , but I read somewhere that the producers decided that this drama will only gonna has 8 episodes . Is this true ?
Yes, it is true.

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 27th, '10, 23:11

marks wrote:I don't even like soccer . I think this pause it's ok , but I read somewhere that the producers decided that this drama will only gonna has 8 episodes . Is this true ? Cos 8 episodes is really too short . It will gonna looks like they run out of money to do this show .
well, this really didn't come out as a surprise cause initial reports said that there will only be seven eps...it's even good that they stretched it into 8...so i don't think that the reason behind the number of episodes were because of poor ratings or money loss...since the ratings are still holding up compared to other dramas out there.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 27th, '10, 23:32

Kimura's Rensuke blog still sounds happy enough. I think he must know by now how Rensuke will end up and with whom. I find myself more interested in this drama now that it is coming to an end. Go figure. I would like to see at least two more episodes but in any case I am thinking I am going to be unhappy with the final coupling. That is unless something really drastic happens.

I don't think they are short of money at Fuji . They pay the top actors the top price. They have three directors who are the best. They have wide spread locations which must cause a large bill for transport and food and payment for the sets etc.etc.

Kimura will come out OK. He is the golden boy.

Peg

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 28th, '10, 14:49

At least the 7 episode was better. I like the little blue bird. Let's see opinions...! Look forward for the next episode and by the way the Internet still shows 10 episodes.

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 28th, '10, 19:19

You know the situation's pretty dire when you start agreeing unanimously with your opponent. O.O"

But EPISODE SEVEN HAS FINALLY BEEN RELEASED!

I'm so happy. <3 I've been waiting for this...well, since everyone else had. But, I've been checking this forum for spoilers since then...even though it hadn't aired yet. :goggle:

But anyways...anyone care to share some spoilers about episode seven? The main thing I want to know...
are there any signs of Xiu Mei coming back? Or of Rensuke leaving to follow her?
And in relation to the episode number thing, Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku is airing in Tsuki no Koibito's spot July 19, so it's impossible that this drama will be 10 episodes long. At absolute most it will be 9...but since it's already been stated that this drama's been extended to 8 episodes, I doubt they'll extend it again. The week before Natsu no Koi airs, they'll probably put in a summer special or something.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 28th, '10, 22:46

Congratulations to RenMi shippers!!^^

Episode 7:
-Xiumei didn't appear at all in this episode until the last few seconds.

-Seem like Rensuke miraculously had amnesia on Xiumei's existence, lol. Ok, that's exagerration. But seriously, it was like he totally forgot abt Xiumei and didn't even mention her at all in this episode.

-The last 20 minutes were 90% Rensuke and Maemi's scenes together reminiscing their college days at the campus where they used to go to. No signs of romance yet, but we all know that's where it's going.
Finale ep preview:
-RenMi are getting closer, esp. with that scene where they both are all wet and took off their outer clothes :P They looked at each other quite intensely.

-It is obvious that Xiumei has planned something together with Kazami all along. Although there might be a twist for this matter later.

-Doesn't seem like Rensuke and Xiumei would go back together in the finale episode. The way Kazami told Maemi, "Don't you know where Ren-san is and with whom he is now?", made it seem like he has planned Rensuke and Xiumei's meeting in that episode for a certain purpose.
I'm not a RenMi shipper anymore, but I'm happy for you guys who still has faith in them ^_^

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 28th, '10, 23:00

yanie wrote:Congratulations to RenMi shippers!!^^

Episode 7:

-Seem like Rensuke miraculously had amnesia on Xiumei's existence, lol. Ok, that's exagerration. But seriously, it was like he totally forgot abt Xiumei and didn't even mention her at all in this episode.

-The last 20 minutes were 90% Rensuke and Maemi's scenes together reminiscing their college days at the campus where they used to go to. No signs of romance yet, but we all know that's where it's going.
Finale ep preview:
-RenMi are getting closer, esp. with that scene where they both are all wet and took off their outer clothes :P They looked at each other quite intensely.

-It is obvious that Xiumei has planned something together with Kazami all along. Although there might be a twist for this matter later.

-Doesn't seem like Rensuke and Xiumei would go back together in the finale episode. The way Kazami told Maemi, "Don't you know where Ren-san is and with whom he is now?", made it seem like he has planned Rensuke and Xiumei's meeting in that episode for a certain purpose.
YESH! Thank you so much for posting this. <3 You totally made my day.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 28th, '10, 23:20

Episode 7:

Finale ep preview:

I'm not a RenMi shipper anymore, but I'm happy for you guys who still has faith in them ^_^
Really?????? I like it even though it's *cough* exaggerating and weird :D
Amnesia???? It's just sound like one of those crappy television drama story in my country~~~~~
Now, this makes me think to watch that two last episode~~~~~
But, I'll wait for some spoilers from the last episode before I download~~~~~ (to confirm about the ending LOL)
Thanks~~~

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 28th, '10, 23:25

Episode 7:

Finale ep preview:

OMG!!!Thank you soooo much yanie!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 28th, '10, 23:49

delaciel wrote:Amnesia???? It's just sound like one of those crappy television drama story in my country~~~~~
RENSUKE DOES NOT HAVE AMNESIA. Please re-read my post carefully once again. I was just exagerrating it :D
I did wrote "it was like", didn't I?

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 29th, '10, 00:20

I will say the episode probably is 40% regarding Regolith's situation which we all were expecting, of course. Maybe 15% with Keiko (She is always so cute) 1% Xui Mei ....and the rest for Ren/Maemi... FINALLY!!!

Lol....I think is worth watching it but I do not want to spoil it for you.

Even though I love Shota as an actor... he plays Kazami very well because I think he is a snake right now ..! and definitively Xiu Mei is not that cute, innocent little girl she portrait all this time.

I will wait to comment more at a later time.

Enjoy it!

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 29th, '10, 00:44

SunSama wrote:I will say the episode probably is 40% regarding Regolith's situation which we all were expecting, of course. Maybe 15% with Keiko (She is always so cute) 1% Xui Mei ....and the rest for Ren/Maemi... FINALLY!!!

Even though I love Shota as an actor... he plays Kazami very well because I think he is a snake right now ..! and definitively Xiu Mei is not that cute, innocent little girl she portrait all this time.

Enjoy it!
Lol! I haven't been so excited for an episode of anything in such a long time! I'm totally happy for Yuzuki too.

And I'm absolutely thrilled that Xiu Mei isn't as innocent as she seems. This drama has totally redeemed itself in my opinion.

As another side note: wonder if the ratings will have a chance of recovering from 13.4% to past 17%?

And as a question about ratings, someone mentioned that 17% is average? But so far, the only one's averaging 17% or higher are really, really popular drama's...most I've seen average around 10%. Is 17% true?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 29th, '10, 02:10

Ep7 rating -> 14.4%

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 29th, '10, 04:43

Anon. wrote:
SunSama wrote:I will say the episode probably is 40% regarding Regolith's situation which we all were expecting, of course. Maybe 15% with Keiko (She is always so cute) 1% Xui Mei ....and the rest for Ren/Maemi... FINALLY!!!

Enjoy it!
Lol! I haven't been so excited for an episode of anything in such a long time! I'm totally happy for Yuzuki too.

And I'm absolutely thrilled that Xiu Mei isn't as innocent as she seems. This drama has totally redeemed itself in my opinion.

As another side note: wonder if the ratings will have a chance of recovering from 13.4% to past 17%?

And as a question about ratings, someone mentioned that 17% is average? But so far, the only one's averaging 17% or higher are really, really popular drama's...most I've seen average around 10%. Is 17% true?
i think they meant that the average rating for this particular drama is 17% which is substantially higher than other dramas...so we could still count this drama as a success...

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 29th, '10, 04:50

yanie wrote:
delaciel wrote:Amnesia???? It's just sound like one of those crappy television drama story in my country~~~~~
RENSUKE DOES NOT HAVE AMNESIA. Please re-read my post carefully once again. I was just exagerrating it :D
I did wrote "it was like", didn't I?
Aaaah yes..... LOL stupid me for not reading it carefully :P
Aaaah, somehow I kinda' want to watch episode 7 now~~~~ ahahahahaha

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Jun 29th, '10, 17:25

If Ren finally matches up with Maemi than I say Kimura's song "Kimi Ga Iru" matches their love story 100%.
The song is really beautiful and Kimura sangs it as if it's his life story.

Hope you all will enjoy it:

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 29th, '10, 18:00

yanie wrote:Ep7 rating -> 14.4%
Thank you again! Lol, you're totally my source of information. :D

In regards to his singing: I personally think his hairstyle's a lot better in Tsuki no Koibito. But that aside: he's a bloody BRILLIANT singer. O__O" I did not know he sang.

marks

Post by marks » Jun 29th, '10, 19:23

The explanation for there being only just 8 episodes :

" Last episode will gonna have 2 hours and 15 minutes " OMG !!! :cheers: :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 29th, '10, 21:24

That's going to be one long d/l

Peggy

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 30th, '10, 07:33

Poor Kazami...i've always thought that kazami's actions were due to his jealousy towards ren's achievements and somewhere along the line he got greedy and obsessed with success himself...
but now, it seems like the only reason he did all those evil scheming things was because he thought that if he could have everything ren had, maemi would start to see him as a man
anyway, LOVE this episode sooo much!!! Finally, some hope for renmi shippers...the ending preview shows a lot of promise too!can't wait for next monday!waaaah :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

trasuachieumua

Post by trasuachieumua » Jun 30th, '10, 13:32

XXXXD
I have just finished ep 7 with sub XXXXD
Feeling as heaven aaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't spoil the story too much but it is so wonderful XXXXD.
There has a scene that Ren said to Maemi "Your smell likes ice-cream." and my mother (who watch it with me) said that it mean "You are so sweet!"

It's truly so sweet, ne? :wub:
As the typical of this drama: Audult romance drama, I think that the romance doesn't come from a romantic scene but come from the warm of the heart that has someone who take care of it.

Can not waiting for the final ep :thumleft:

p/s: surprisingly, now it take 4.75/5 stars in my movie list XXXXD
Last edited by trasuachieumua on Jul 1st, '10, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 30th, '10, 15:04

Just. Finished. Watching. With. Subs.

I think I must've keeled over when I finished watching it: THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE EPISODE ONE!!! Those moments were so cute...but I totally want to rant about the end. I mean, wth? Seriously?

But that was so cute, what Rensuke did. :wub:

The previews look soooo intense. Just wondering about one thing and I seriously hope it's not going to affect RenMi...
Maemi was CRYING in the previews!? I couldn't tell if it was happy or sad tears though...but she was staring at Kazami while Ren was giving a speech?!
Even if Ren and Maemi don't get together, at least I'll always have this episode. <3

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 30th, '10, 16:58

aaaaah.... finally I've watched the 7th episode... I like it.... and at least what make me feel relief is not only coz there are more Ren Ninomiya, but more because Ren's explanation about the Moon... Now, I can pretty much sure who is this tsuki no koibito.... :D

Interesting to see next week, what Xiu Mei will do... I'm not sure whether she'll turn into a mean woman or run back to Ren. 2 hr.. that supposed to finish n clear up everything..
And I feel there are somethin' behind about Kazami's scheme :p
Last edited by delaciel on Jun 30th, '10, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jun 30th, '10, 17:06

^_____^

Love Ep.7
My heart was pounding so fast when they were together in their campus! I finally felt more tingling love feeling between them in this episode even though they didn't do anything steamy. What a deep relationship they have!

There has a scene that Ren said to Maemi "Your smell likes ice-cream." and my mother (who watch it with me) said that it mean "You are so sweet!"

It's truly so sweet, ne?
I thought that was a random comment from him...haha..but soooo cute! Your mom's interpretation makes so much sense! I thought along the line of something sweet too so it must be it :) It's cute to see Maemi being embarrassed after she heard it.....

Their conversations were so deep....hidden with many meanings for each other. In my point of view, they pretty much know how they felt for one another already, just that they were creative on how they present it instead of saying it out verbally.

It's still risky to say I'm 100% sure Ren and Maemi will be the ending couple since there's still 2+ hours before the drama ends. Anything can happen in that long period of time. But I'm feeling the story is climbing toward a climax in this direction which makes sense even though it does seems like he has forgotten about XM. He probably had mix feelings toward her now that everything had happened. The Ren now is a different person as before, and Maemi is the one who *found* and *restored* him.

Need to make more memory room for that upcoming massive episode! CAn't Wait!

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jun 30th, '10, 18:08

Now that we have more clues to who represents the Moon, here's my humble view on who I think each character represents:

Darkness/Night = Rensuke
Cold, afraid and lost the sense of direction.

Moon = Maemi
Gives light to darkness. Be the guide to darkness.
The moon shines subtlety at night and that amount of light it gives to darkness is perfectly enough. No more, no less. You won't notice how important the moon is until it's gone, then you'll see the difference it makes.
The moon reflect lights off from the sun.

Sun = XM
Gives warmth to everything and everyone around. Gives light to darkness.
But sun and darkness cannot exist at the same time, just like night and day can't be together. They have different paths.
The moon seems hidden/invisible when the sun is out because the sun is too bright.
Once the sun is set, the moon appears then darkness follows.

Stars = Yuzuki
Stars only like darkness, that's when it can shine.
Stars won't exist while the sun is around. It exist, but no one will notice them.
Dislikes the sun, but can be next to the moon supporting the night sky.

Earth = Kazami
Uses energy from the sun. Needs the sun for everything to grow/progress.
Wants to obtain everything, materialistic.
Evil and corrupted.
Last edited by joisuramu on Jul 1st, '10, 00:10, edited 2 times in total.

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 30th, '10, 22:12

joisuramu wrote:Now that we have more clues to who represents the Moon, here's my humble view on who I think each character represents:

Darkness/Night = Rensuke
Cold, afraid and lost the sense of direction.

Moon = Maemi
Gives light to darkness. Be the guide to darkness.
The moon shines subtlety at night and that amount of light it gives to darkness is perfectly enough. No more, no less. You won't notice how important the moon is until it's gone, then you'll see the difference it makes.
The moon reflect lights off from the sun.

Sun = XM
Gives warmth to everything around. Gives light to darkness.
But sun and darkness cannot exist at the same time, just like night and day can't be together. They have different paths.

Stars = Yuzuki
Stars only like darkness, that's when it can shine.
Stars won't exist while the sun is around. It exist, but no one will notice them.
Dislikes the sun, but can be next to the moon supporting the night sky.

Earth = Kazami
Uses energy from the sun. Needs the sun for everything to grow/progress.
Wants to obtain everything, materialistic.
Evil and corrupted.

I like your explanation... I don't know how much of that will be at the end but it was very nice. Of course, Maemi is the moon and I hope Ren will say it at some point.

I really like this episode. It is warm and I think it is because they can communicate with their hearts [since the beginning but now is when you can see it]. They know each other so well and hopefully he will realize that Maemi always remembers everything about him.

I don't know why I have the feeling that maybe in the past Ren thought about going forward with Maemi and she must have said something that closed that door before happening... would they realize it?

And still with XuiMei you don;'t know if she is good or bad.. right?

thorned_sakura

Post by thorned_sakura » Jun 30th, '10, 23:02

joisuramu wrote:^_____^

It's truly so sweet, ne?
I thought that was a random comment from him...haha..but soooo cute! Your mom's interpretation makes so much sense! I thought along the line of something sweet too so it must be it :) It's cute to see Maemi being embarrassed after she heard it.....
![/spoiler]
...but sometimes things said at random hold more meaning and emotion than things well thought of. i think he didn't even mean to say it out loud, which made this scene even sweeter!

plus,
]he made a nest for the bowerbird and left it for maemi knowing that that was what the bird does to attract other female bowerbirds...he really seemed like a high school kid trying to impress the girl he liked but was simply afraid to come clean with his feelings!
@sunsama:yes, i feel the same way...maybe, ren had feelings for maemi from the start but decided not to act on it for fear of rejection...especially when he thinks that maemi doesn't feel the same way (since she has way too strong defensive mechanisms!lol)...because rejection would not only mean losing any chance of gaining her love, but might also mean losing her friendship as well...

anyway, i don't think kazami is so evil anymore...he only did the things he did out of love, albeit a very selfish kind as well. but
he looked so sad and hurt when xumei said that she's relieved that maemi is with ren...i guess he really is just blinded with his love for maemi

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jun 30th, '10, 23:10

SunSama wrote:I really like this episode. It is warm and I think it is because they can communicate with their hearts [since the beginning but now is when you can see it]. They know each other so well and hopefully he will realize that Maemi always remembers everything about him.

I don't know why I have the feeling that maybe in the past Ren thought about going forward with Maemi and she must have said something that closed that door before happening... would they realize it?

And still with XuiMei you don;'t know if she is good or bad.. right?
So do I, this episode is really touching. I mean there was no romantic scene like a teenager's lover but my heart was touched so much from their bonding. That is "love" for me comparing to scences between Ren/XM.
I hope Ren built the nest to attract Maemi like the male blue bird that he told her :)
I thought the same thing that Maemi might be the one who didn't open a door for Ren when they were young. Ren graduated and started up his company, so his time had been gone only for his dream.

For me, I don't expect the rating result will be high for the last episode next week. Although, the average rating will not be as high as every hopes, I have to say that I really like this drama after going back to watch all episodes at once. It is very good.

Soannie

Post by Soannie » Jun 30th, '10, 23:38

It's worth waiting for episode 7. I really enjoyed it.

This episode is really good and heart-warming thanks to its touching moments.

I also liked its outdoor scenes.

A small regret however, that there were not much more scenes like these before.

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 1st, '10, 00:52

I know most RenXmaemi shipper would want more of what happened in ep.7 to be in previous episodes as well, but I think what's happening now is quite nice. As a RenXmaemi shipper myself, I wouldn't enjoy ep.7 as much as i do now if I wasn't extremely fustrated/annoyed at the past 6 episodes...

The director/screenwriter got me here. :x

Our frustrations lasted for a 1.5 months! But imagine watching this in one sitting, it's only going to be painful for roughly 6 hours~ and then sweetness on the 7th, so it won't be as bad. :P

I love this drama now...can't wait for the last ep to come and make a run down from beginning to end with my friend :) She's a type who likes chic flicky dramas so that's why I told her to hold off from seeing this one in the beginning. But now I will definitely recommend this to her. :thumright:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 1st, '10, 01:52

I agree that seeing ep.6 and ep.7 have made all the difference to wanting to see how this drama works out. I watch without the English subs, and I 'get it' through the fairly clear actions. However, I need the English hardsubs to put the finishing touch. Then I can get more of the reason for a certain look between characters. I still feel that somehow XM affair is over. Ren said he could not or would not change his lifestyle. The ep.7 was so quiet and calm and so much between Ren and Maemi that there is a warming of their closeness once again. He is not so cold and deadset on getting Regolith back on track as it was before. He has realised that Kazami is the one who has orchestrated much of the mayhem that has happened.
I still hold hopes for Ren and Maemi even tho it won't be an earthshaking event. But it just might be solid and very romantic in the end.
Roll on the hardsubs.

Peggy

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 1st, '10, 12:49

I don't understand what Ren meant by that..
When Ren talked about the moon, did he mean about himself or Maemi? He did talk about Regolith then mentioned about the moon..
Did he mean that he was noticed because of Regolith, or he meant that he realized about Maemi existence when he lost Regolith?
I thought he talked about Maemi but not sure now.. Well, I still think that it is about Maemi though :)

And when Maemi told him not to do anything weird to her at the night they were togeter at the workshop and Ren said he would not do anything..
What did he intend to tell her? He meant he didn't think anything to her or she would be safe with him..

Ren mentioned about not wanting to be a president and wasting his time for 10 years to realize a basic thing.
Did he mean that he wanted to have a simple quite life with XM? Or did he lost 10 years for not realizing about Maemi? Again, I still think that he meant about Maemi because he said "I'm an idiot" :D

I felt sad for Maemi when she got up and found that Ren disappeared.. but felt really happy to see that nest.. it's so sweet
I feel Ren's emptyness, loneliness, and sadness from his voice so clearly in that scence.

s_malfoy

Post by s_malfoy » Jul 1st, '10, 14:12

Ah...I loved episodes 6 and 7. I think this drama should be watched from the beginning to the end all at once. I didn't get to watch episode 6 as soon as the subs were out so I just waited for the episode 7 subs as well to appear before watching both episodes.
And I realised, this drama is actually very good. I love Kimura's acting alot. He's acted so brilliantly. And the drama makes alot of sense now.

I think the confusions with all the three actresses and Ren were well intended. But something went really wrong in the middle and worsened the confusions leading to major ratings drop. I think it was the script. Or maybe because the directors only had 8 episodes and couldn't express themselves well. But the show is really truly good.

I found Ren/XiuMei pair very hard to understand and I thought it was XiuMei's character not being played out well or there was just something missing. But now after watching the show this far, I think its because of Ren's character that it has come out like that. He's not someone who is warm and lovable. He's very reserve, spoilt, ambitious, slightly arrogant but in a good way. And his character was not helpful in making that pair believeable. Because they literally met for such a short time.

I think after episode 4, I was 95% sure that this was not a love story and we were just being pulled along a long ride of love triangles and squares.

With Ren/Maemi, its more natural. Its friendship bordering love. I guess because Maemi knows Ren for a very long time and its easier to portray that on screen. It doesn't necessarily need to be love between the two of them, just some form of really good old friendship. And there is no need to second guess if Maemi is important in Ren's life. And I think over the years, Ren has come to just taken Maemi as a best friend. So Ren is just natural with Maemi.And there is that ease between them. I was a Ren/Maemi shipper before the whole I-don't-think-this-is-a-love-story phenomenon occurred within my brain. lol

But now, its a whole lot better. I buy the whole, Ren was in love with XiuMei and that he was serious about her. Maybe the one week break was needed for the directors to make it better. I have not converted my support to the Ren/XiuMei pair but its more believeable now.

But Ren is still so stubborn about being vocal about his love life and I really can't read his character so I have no clue what he will do when he learns of XiuMei's plan to backstab him. Will he accept her back into his life? He did love her after all..

The one week has truly made a difference in how the story has penned out. I am going to wait for next week's episode and watch it again from ep1. I truly love the Ren being potrayed now.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 1st, '10, 23:03

The above posts are so welcome and very helpful for me. I need English subs to set the scenes completely. I thought by what I saw in the Raw that ep 7 was a quiet and calm and rather nostalgic episode. I thought that Ren was probably sad about losing his exciting time with XM but also that he had concluded that whole event. I thought he was glad to see Maemi and he was able to open himself up to her a little more in that easy good friend way. I don't think there is any chance of a wild love between them but I do hope they will get closer as time goes by. They have been together for so long during a most important time in each of their lives. It would be a pity to lose that and therefore Ren will be careful not to rush into anything deeper because he won't'want to lose Maemi and she certainly won't want to lose him.

I can't wait for the subs and then the last episode which is going to be very long it seems.

Peggy

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 2nd, '10, 15:53

Peggy wrote: I can't wait for the subs and then the last episode which is going to be very long it seems.
If you're fine with the soft subs, then they are out already @http://community.livejournal.com/ohsmapsubs/

taylor

Post by taylor » Jul 2nd, '10, 16:11

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Peggy wrote: I can't wait for the subs and then the last episode which is going to be very long it seems.
If you're fine with the soft subs, then they are out already @http://community.livejournal.com/ohsmapsubs/

Oh man, so much for access being denied.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 2nd, '10, 18:23

taylor wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:

Oh man, so much for access being denied.
hmm.. I think all you need to do is join their community..

s_malfoy

Post by s_malfoy » Jul 3rd, '10, 07:21

You can also watch it on dramacrazy.net with subs if you want. :) Hope you have caught up with the show, I think smappiesubs have already released the hardsubs for episode 7.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '10, 08:21

I do know about the soft subs. However, I need the hard subs these days. I have so much stuff on my PC harddrive and recently I had difficulty in putting the S.subs on to the avi. I don't have time to sort it out right now so I have to wait for Hard subs. I can usually understand most of what is happening now but I still like to get the dialogue to get the real feeling for the scenes.
Forgot about dramacrazy and didn't think they were up to episode 7. Must check it out. thanks for reminding me.

Peg

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 3rd, '10, 08:33

lvtk wrote:I don't understand what Ren meant by that..

When Ren talked about the moon, did he mean about himself or Maemi? He did talk about Regolith then mentioned about the moon..
Did he mean that he was noticed because of Regolith, or he meant that he realized about Maemi existence when he lost Regolith?
Let's recap that scene again...

Rensuke: you know. the moon.
doesn't it just happen to be above you before you notice it?

Maemi: ah i guess
it just rises up before you know it

Rensuke: It doesn't shine so brightly

*camera looks at maemi*

Rensuke: That's why you don't notice

*camera looks at maemi*

Rensuke: but when you lose sight of it, that might be the first time you realize the existence of the moon.

*camera looks at maemi*

Does it pretty much explain itself? The camera focuses on Maemi's (uneasy*) reaction every time Rensuke talks about the moon...i'm pretty sure he wasn't referring it to himself. *Uneasy because she knew he was talking about her...

:wub:

lvtk wrote: And when Maemi told him not to do anything weird to her at the night they were togeter at the workshop and Ren said he would not do anything..
What did he intend to tell her? He meant he didn't think anything to her or she would be safe with him..
I'm not sure about this one...but for some reasons, I felt like he wasn't replying to her previous comment. She said not to do anything weird to her, and usually the respond would be instant, but Ren had to say her name first, then pause for a while. I mean, there's only her in the room other than him. "I wouldn't do anything" sounded like he was referring to something else...

Rensuke is a guy who can't express his feelings very well, so I'm just thinking along that line because most of the things he said usually have double meaning and he likes to use analogies a lot.

Nonetheless, he made that nest for her. So I'm more confident that he has finally realize his feelings for Ninomiya. He did talk about his company and that he did put a lot of effort to it, but i don't think he cares about it anymore as like before. He has finally found the answer he was searching for.

s_malfoy

Post by s_malfoy » Jul 3rd, '10, 11:49

joisuramu wrote:
lvtk wrote:

lvtk wrote: And when Maemi told him not to do anything weird to her at the night they were togeter at the workshop and Ren said he would not do anything..
I'm not sure about this one...but for some reasons, I felt like he wasn't replying to her previous comment. She said not to do anything weird to her, and usually the respond would be instant, but Ren had to say her name first, then pause for a while. I mean, there's only her in the room other than him. "I wouldn't do anything" sounded like he was referring to something else...

Rensuke is a guy who can't express his feelings very well, so I'm just thinking along that line because most of the things he said usually have double meaning and he likes to use analogies a lot.

Nonetheless, he made that nest for her. So I'm more confident that he has finally realize his feelings for Ninomiya. He did talk about his company and that he did put a lot of effort to it, but i don't think he cares about it anymore as like before. He has finally found the answer he was searching for.
This is just my theory... Maemi was talking about how she wishes for Ren to be like a big tree. After that awkward talk, she tells Ren not to worry about her talk earlier. And to loosen up the atmosphere, she says goodnight and then mentions not do anything to her with a wiggle.... I think its for comic relief...
I think Ren wanted to reply to Maemi about the awkward conversation they both had...
Perhaps to reassure Maemi that he wasn't too uncomfortable with their talk..but again as we all know he isn't someone who expresses well...so he chose to just deflate her statement of not doing anything to her. He usually is like that with Maemi right? Calling her old lady and what not in the office? But the background music made it seem like the statement was not comedic in nature...perhaps I am mistaken.

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jul 3rd, '10, 14:10

joisuramu wrote:

Thanks joisuramu! to clarify the moon scence. I rewatched that last scene a few times trying to understand Ren's feeling but still blur somehow. You are right that Ren often had double meaning in his saying. I also think Ren meant for something else when he replied that to Maemi. Although the ending will be in a few days, I am still curious to understand the meaning of "I would not do anything" because it will explain Ren's true feeling. It will explain why Ren has hidden his feeling to Maemi (if he ever feels for her), and how Ren will change his feeling from XM to Maemi (if he will) after 15 years as a friend together.

I am Ren/Maemi side but I believe Ren has a serious feeling to XM although it might begin from business but he proposed her after all. He thought about her when he went back at the Chinese restaurant or saw her picture at the train station.. Ren's personality is not a person who changes his mind easily recalling his decision in the company affair. If that last scence meant to tell us about Ren's changing feeling.. don't you think it will be too easy? It should have a solid reason to explain his sudden changing feeling to make it more believable as an adult love.. not just because of being broken heart from one then grab another to heal his heart.

I recall somebody had a comment in this discussion ealier that Ren has never called Maemi by her name but always by "Ninomiya" while Maemi always called him "Rensuke".. so, I wonder if the director will ever explain the reason behind that to us at the end.
BTW, Ren and Yuzuki' s naked scence discussion was really cute.
It's funny when she asked him to have a "naked relationship" with her and he said "It's still bright out" :)

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 3rd, '10, 15:28

After a month and a half of torture, wondering if the feelings between Ren and Maemi existed, wondering if Rensuke love Xiu Mei, wondering if Kazami is truly evil...it all boils down to this last episode.

I hope a multitude of questions will be answered.

Is Rensuke still in love with Xiu Mei?

Is Xiu Mei planning something against Rensuke?

Does Rensuke harbor feelings for Maemi?

Why does Rensuke only call Maemi, 'Ninomiya,' whilst Maemi is close enough to him that she calls him 'Ren'?

Is there a deeper meaning to the above?

Will Rensuke get Regolith back?

Will he start a new company?

Will he start a new company in Shanghai and marry Xiu Mei?

Will Kazami ever make peace with Rensuke?

Was Xiu Mei ever in love with Rensuke?

Is she as innocent as she appears?

Will Yuzuki stay third wheel?

Will Rensuke end up with anyone at all?

Did Ren have a deeper meaning behind the birds nest?

Who was the 'moon' he was referring to?

And on, and on...the questions go on forever. =.= But as I look back on this drama, it is actually extremely well-made (with the exception of a few writer errors). I think that if this was actually written out, instead of acted, there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints because writing is extremely hard to misunderstand -- expressions and situations on the other hand...

Well...totally looking forward to the final episode. I will be stalking these forums Monday morning (my time) which is like...Tuesday morning Japan's time...for spoilers. :lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '10, 21:02

This drama has had more comments than any other that Kimura has made I think. I know his dramas are always well watched and very popular, but this one started off with so much harsh discussion, and I myself hated the casting. I was surely not the only one either. However, as the episodes rolled slowly along it became more interesting for us to discuss what we wanted to happen, and what we did not want to see happen. It was not easy to decide how this story would end. The writers were very clever to hide it all and still make us watch and discuss. We still don't know and yet we all have our wishes.

For me...I want to see XM right out of the picture. I am sure she will reappear, but I am counting on Rensuke to resist any getting together with her. He still will want his own life and want to live it his way. She has stated her wish to be with her parents in a quiet place and she does not trust him. Also there is Kazami egging her on to do underhand actions to damage the relationship of friendship Rensuke has with Maemi. That for him ,and not for XM at all. He still wants Maemi and knows her feeling are for Rensuke.

I hope to see that Rensuke sees it all clearly and removes XM and Kazami from his life and starts all over again with Maemi. Maybe not a passionate romance at first but a real and lasting deep love that he is finally beginning to feel.
All the talk about the moon and about the bird and the making of the bower cannot be just a whim of the director. It has to do with the writing and the meaning of Rensuke's life... I think...

Peg

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 3rd, '10, 23:27

In the event of leading up to the much awaited final episode, enjoy this: :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 3rd, '10, 23:39

cya18.

Thanks for this one. I have the SxS song clip but this is really nice.

Shows the difference between the Rensuke character and the Kimura persona in song and dance.
He has many talents, and as one director said of him.'Kimura is such an amazing man'

Peg

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 3rd, '10, 23:50

cya18 wrote:In the event of leading up to the much awaited final episode, enjoy this: :)

thanks for sharing! Tomorrow is the day, finally! ^^

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 4th, '10, 00:32

cya18 wrote:In the event of leading up to the much awaited final episode, enjoy this: :)

THANKS! That was so fun to watch...I had to watch it two more times. <3 But was it me, or was there one guy who couldn't sing? When it was only three of them in the beginning, it sounded perfect. But then...O__O"

Anyways. :D

That actually made me depressed...most of the scenes were with Xiu Mei, and the couple of scenes foreshadowing the last episode didn't seem too promising in regards to RenMi fans. :cry: Instead, Maemi seems to be in second place, with Yuzuki in third, and you know who in first.

Oh well. If I don't like what I hear from the spoilers, I won't watch the last episode and will instead pretend it ended on episode seven with a happy ending for RenMi fans. <3

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 4th, '10, 01:35

you know, we are all discussing among ourselves who is our preference, but i wonder if anybody went into the japanese forums and find out what the japanese people actually think about the drama.
who do they prefer? xiu mei? maemi ? or yuzuki?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 4th, '10, 01:43

^ my Japanese friend told me that she found this season "VERY BORING" and she is looking forward to the next season's dramas! :/

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 4th, '10, 01:55

cya18 wrote:you know, we are all discussing among ourselves who is our preference, but i wonder if anybody went into the japanese forums and find out what the japanese people actually think about the drama.
who do they prefer? xiu mei? maemi ? or yuzuki?
I checked 2ch boards and comments in the staff and Hazuki Rensuke's blog. I also checked a few Japanese fans blogs.

I can say 70-80% of Japanese fans support Rensuke-Maemi as well. The rest support Ren-Xiumei. Probably only 1% support Rensuke-Yuzuki.

As for what they think of the drama itself, of course they cannot be blunt in the staff and Hazuki Rensuke's blog, but I saw pretty harsh comments in 2ch.

Another illogical thing I find... how come Maemi suddenly goes bestfriends with Yuzuki? :lol Whatever happen with Maemi-Xiumei's friendship? Surely, Maemi can ask Kijihata, Xiumei's contact number in Shanghai. At least they should've show us Maemi made an effort to call Xiumei, even if she can't reach her.
Still, Maemi-Yuzuki's friendship was too sudden... furthermore, reading synopsis for the finale ep, Maemi called and report to Yuzuki that Rensuke is fine, and then Yuzuki guessed that Rensuke-Maemi's relationship has developed romantically, but Maemi denied it. LOL! Where did that come from? Maemi and Yuzuki shouldn't have this kind of conversation unless if they did gotten to know each other since the beginning of the story. It's like they built up Maemi and Xiumei's friendship for nothing. And just because the audience love Yuzuki more than Xiumei, now they make Maemi and Yuzuki as bestfriends... puh-leeze.

Okay, done ranting. Pls, no offense to those who still love this drama :salut:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 4th, '10, 02:27

Hi yanie,

Well I always felt that Maemi knew all of Rensuke's former girl friends. I thought that
Yuzuki was a well known model and that would be how Maemi would know her. I also imagined that she had done modeling for Regolith in the past. I don't think it is unusual for Maemi and Yuzuki to know one another and they both are aware of their mutual concern over Rensuke.

I thought that Rensuke had asked Maemi to keep an eye on XM when she arrived in Japan. She was a stranger to the country and the language, so Maemi would do that because she is a kind person. However, I don't think that Maemi would carry on her concern as a friend once XM was back in China. Maemi is not THAT much of a doormat!!

Now is the time of Maemi and I don't think she will enlarge her concern for XM. I certainly hope not anyway. Yuzuki is a very 'pushy type' so she would just up and ask Maemi whatever she wanted to know I think.

If this drama does not work out the way I want then I will never discuss it again anywhere. My lips shall be sealed................

Peg

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jul 4th, '10, 04:12

@yanie: this is a bit random and off topic, but I've been wondering for ages what drama your siggie is for. <3

I agree a bit with both Yanie and Peggy...the friendship was a bit sudden and out there...but I don't think it was a complete 180. I guess some people just hit it off or something...?

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 4th, '10, 06:51

Thanks so much for this. It's great quality too :) I love to see him dance...he's soooo talented!
That actually made me depressed...most of the scenes were with Xiu Mei, and the couple of scenes foreshadowing the last episode didn't seem too promising in regards to RenMi fans. :cry: Instead, Maemi seems to be in second place, with Yuzuki in third, and you know who in first.
Hmm..I don't really see what you are talking about. The foreshadowing scenes they showed actually have more Maemi in it than XM. The scenes they showed that have XM in it is by herself too so I don't see why you think the last episode might be a disappointing one for supporters of RenXMaemi. The other scenes were from previous episodes and those are over and done with....

maybe I missed something? :scratch:

There are more scenes of Ren and XM together in this Song/MV mix because that is a fact. Through out all 6 episodes, there were barely any scenes where Ren and Maemi were together. But that doesn't mean it will end like that since you know how the story is twisting to....

It's still hard to tell who will end up with who so don't loose hope yet :roll

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 4th, '10, 07:11

MisS Lonliah wrote:^ my Japanese friend told me that she found this season "VERY BORING" and she is looking forward to the next season's dramas! :/
I don't think this season was that bad. My favorite so far for the year is definitely Mother. Maybe she only watched selective dramas this season?

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 4th, '10, 08:00

A kimutaku drama topic without Groink looses most of its interest! :(

One thing to add to the Ren/Maemi conspiracy is that Maemi is friend with Ren's mother.

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 5th, '10, 17:00

It's Time for the last episode......finally~

Have anyone seen it yet? I haven't ...but this morning right when i woke up..I was excited to see if there are any spoilers on this discussion and on Ren's blog.

Someone commented this on his blog:
蓮介サン:wub:真絵美サン
ほんとよかった!!

:cheers:

My reaction: Jumped up and down on my bed!! YAYYYY I can't wait to see it :) :) :)

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 5th, '10, 17:44

In preparation for the finale, I spent this weekend re-watching ep1-7. Watching them again and tried not to be frustrated with any possible pairing, I actually enjoyed the episodes more than the first time. LCL's below-average acting is still annoyingly obvious but everything seemed to flow better now. I really like ep 6-7 and I think the drama would have been a lot better if they used the same pace and feel for episode 3,4,and 5. They focused too much on Xiu Mei and we didn't get a chance to know more about Maemi, Yuzuki, Kazami and even Rensuke until after episode 6. If they balanced the story lines of all five characters better in the first 5 episodes, I think I would love this drama a lot more.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 5th, '10, 19:37

Anon. wrote:@yanie: this is a bit random and off topic, but I've been wondering for ages what drama your siggie is for. <3
I think those are the main characters from Bara No Nai Hanaya, Takeuchi Yuko & Katori Shingo.

It's Monday evening here and I'm resisting the urge to F5 the torrent page through the night in wait for the last episode.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 22:18

Tadanga wrote:
Anon. wrote:@yanie: this is a bit random and off topic, but I've been wondering for ages what drama your siggie is for. <3
I think those are the main characters from Bara No Nai Hanaya, Takeuchi Yuko & Katori Shingo.
That's my avatar :-)

My siggie is from Byakuyakou, starring Yamada Takayuki and Ayase Haruka. One of the best dark suspense drama adapted from Higashino Keigo mystery novel :thumright:

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 5th, '10, 22:22

joisuramu wrote:It's Time for the last episode......finally~

Have anyone seen it yet? I haven't ...but this morning right when i woke up..I was excited to see if there are any spoilers on this discussion and on Ren's blog.

ほんとよかった!!

My reaction: Jumped up and down on my bed!! YAYYYY I can't wait to see it :) :) :)

i had to go to google translate to know what tht means. I gives me something incomprehensible but theres definitely the word Maemi in it? If its true what im thinking i am going to shout YATTAAA!!! untill the neighbours come knocking.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 5th, '10, 22:27

My PC tells me it is the following..

'Via San RenSan Makoto Emi
Really good ! '

I am not really sure but it looks promising

Peggy

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 5th, '10, 22:37

cya18 wrote:
joisuramu wrote:
ほんとよかった!!
i had to go to google translate to know what tht means. I gives me something incomprehensible but theres definitely the word Maemi in it? If its true what im thinking i am going to shout YATTAAA!!! untill the neighbours come knocking.
It means:
Rensuke-san :wub: Maemi-san
I'm so glad!!

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jul 5th, '10, 22:38

蓮介サン = Rensuke san
真絵美サン = Maemi san
ほんとよかった!! = I'm really glad !!
It seems that Olive Oyl (aka Xiu Mei) is out.

PS : simultaneous post !

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 5th, '10, 22:51

cya18 wrote:
joisuramu wrote:It's Time for the last episode......finally~

ほんとよかった!!

SCREAM YATTTAAA out loud so even I can hear it !! Yes...whatever you think is what it meant! :D
Alot of comments literally have a heart icon ♡ next to Ren and Maemi so it doesn't need any translations huh..... :wub:

Plus, I only see Maemi's name in comments with Rensuke and no mention of XM or other cast.....so.....must be it!!

Another one wrote:

♡蓮介と真絵美さん♡
末永くお幸せに!!

means

♡Rensuke & Ninomiya♡
Happy Forever!!

YATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAA!!! :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 6th, '10, 00:29

The ending scene reminds me of Long Vacation's ending ^_^

It was a good finale episode and I agree with a friend that all the 3 ladies has their own moments and focus. If only they did this since the beginning, and didn't just focus on Xiumei.

nann

Post by nann » Jul 6th, '10, 01:41

So, what is the 4 coins means anything ?Anyone can clarify, My keyhole was just stop at that scene.

cya18

Post by cya18 » Jul 6th, '10, 03:11

nann wrote:So, what is the 4 coins means anything ?Anyone can clarify, My keyhole was just stop at that scene.
The key is to watch the part where two Maemi's assistant's interact in the last episode :)

I watched the RAW, have no idea what is happening but the ending that i hoped, even though it wasnt wild or anything, i would say it captures and suits very well the dynamics of their relationship. but at least it happened.

WAKATTA !

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 6th, '10, 11:22

I'm still downloading the finale, but can't wait to watch it, looks like Ren and Maemi ends up together from what I read from the other comments?

Though, I think the writers must have changed their minds and went with the majority of the viewers liking, cos they didn't have much scenes or build-up of romance with Maemi in the first 6 episodes, and episode 7 seemed to be a big change from the past 6 episodes. Tbh, I prefer Long Vacation ending, simply because it was quite obvious of the chemistry between Sena and (forgot the older lady's name), but in Tsuki, I just didn't see any chemistry at all in the first 6 episodes and suddenly in episode 7 a sudden change.