Vyvanse is a psychiatric drug sold under prescription to people suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is also used to cure eating disorders in adults, specifically the ones which involve binge eating issues. However, this characteristic does not make the drug a weight loss supplement or aide. It is a strong drug and must be used only under proper supervision. Until and unless, Vyvanse is prescribed by a psychiatrist, its use is prohibited and dangerous. However, people who have a proper prescription can buy vyvanse online from approved pharmacies.
All about Vyvanse
Apart from its trade name, Vyvanse is known as Lisdexamfetamine in medicinal terminology. It is usually taken orally and takes 2 hours to start affecting a person. Once the effects are set, they last for almost 12 hours before they wear off gradually. The good part is that only one pill a day does the job since it has long-lasting effects. Additionally, it can be taken orally with water, juice or yogurt. The bad part is, it is an expensive product since there are no generic alternatives available to it.
Why Take Vyvanse?
Vyvanse is taken to stabilize chemical secretions in the brain which help keep the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in check. This helps in improving focus and getting the tasks done on time. Apart from ADHD patients, it really helps people with binge eating disorders keep their weights in check since it reduces appetite in a person.
Most people prefer it to take it with their breakfast and treat it as a stimulant. Vyvanse is a prescription-only drug and prolonged use may cause side effects too. Some of these have been listed below:
- Slows Down Growth In Children: Vyvanse is known for its capability of slowing down growth in children. This is why it is only prescribed to patients aged 5 years and above.
- Serious Heart Problems: Vyvanse can cause sudden death due to cardiac arrest. Therefore, it must be taken after consulting the psychiatrist only.
- Mania and Drug-Induced Psychosis: Vyvanse can push patients with mood disorder into psychosis or full-blown mania.
- Harmful for Pregnancies: Vyvanse is not at all to be prescribed to pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding their newborns.
- Other More Common Side Effects: The more common side effects of Vyvanse include dry mouth, jitters, lightheadedness, diarrhea, anxiety, irritability, nausea and insomnia.
Vyvanse is more expensive than other ADHD prescription drugs and can cause serious health hazards if used in doses higher than prescribed. However, if a patient sticks to the prescription and their mental health professionals’ instructions and keep their doses stable, then this drug works wonders for sufferers of both kinds of disorders.
Some patients go as far as preferring it over Adderall. However, its price makes it really difficult to afford for many, therefore, not many people have access to its medicinal value. Vyvanse takes an adjustment period of about 2 months, though the period may differ for each patient according to their brain chemistry.