Web-designer – is the one who starts the process of creating the site. He not only makes a beautiful design but also analyzes user behavior. And what else?
It takes into account their wishes and designs the site in such a way as to help visitors do what they want – for example, buys a product, learns the news, or chat with friends.
Design – the balance of beauty and logic.
Many believe that a web designer draws sites as an artist, adding jewelry and pictures. This is not quite true: a web designer should be able to make a site beautiful, but this is only one of his tasks.
Web-designer creates sites so as to attract the attention of the visitor, to interest and convey the necessary information.
To achieve this, the designer must develop in related areas with web design:
- Internet marketing and analytics to analyze data about the needs and desires of users, to know how advertising works, and why to create a website in general.
- Negotiations to communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Writing and editing, because text and design are inextricably linked.
- Psychology, to be able to put yourself in the place of the visitor to the site and understand what is important for him.
- Layout and front-end development to know how the layout is drawn in the program is turned into a working site, which is laid out on the Internet. In this case templates like iphone mockups may help you.
- Other areas of design: illustrations, graphic design, animation, and the creation of interactive banners.
What does a web-designer do
Web-designer draws layouts of landings, sites for companies, online stores, and also designs interfaces for online services. What else he can do: create templates for e-mail-links, invent, and draw online banners.
What is the workflow of the designer?
The designer receives data from the customer – why do you need a site, how it will work, what users will come to him. It is a good option if the customer knows exactly what you need. But this is not always the case, so the designer must ask questions himself and get the right data. The task, the requirements for the site, and answers to questions designer writes in the brief.
Web-designer creates sketches or prototypes of the future site: on paper or in special programs. The prototypes are more like schemes, which indicate the location of the main elements on the pages of the site.
Creating a site starts with prototypes to see all the options for the arrangement of elements and agree with the customer.
- A prototype is easier to change than a painted layout, so questions about structure and location are solved at the prototyping stage.
- Based on the prototypes, the designer draws a color layout. Here you can already work on color combinations, add animation.
- The finished layout designer sends the customer or developers who will transfer it to the site.