If you have a smartphone, you must have Instagram installed on it. If you don’t, visit Hotozcoupons now and get the best deals on the latest smartphones. The reason we are urging you to is Instagram just became a lot cooler than it already was. We were expecting Facebook to come up with an answer to Google Hangouts Meet and Zoom to facilitate chat options, which became a necessity during the pandemic. Facebook did not disappoint us and came up with a fascinating feature named Messenger Rooms. Let us have a deeper look into the feature that increases Instagram’s social functionality even more and understand how to use it effectively for our daily benefit.
How do Messenger Rooms work?
The messenger room feature allows users to create a virtual chat room for video calling with up to 50 contacts simultaneously. As is any other feature on Instagram, it is free for usage and available to every person that has an Instagram account (even if he or she doesn’t have one on Facebook). Web users are very impressed with this new feature and have benefitted largely from it during days of social distancing and virtual online sessions.
One thing we should consider is that while we can create a chat room on Instagram, we would have to switch back to the messenger app to start video calls. This is because primarily, the messenger rooms feature is hosted on the messenger app itself. The active rooms options won’t be available on your Instagram app, but you would be able to use the chat room.
It’s very easy to use. You just have to create a private chat room and then invite all the attendees through a link providing access to that room. Then you can have a discussion regarding your favorite topics like what all great deals one can avail of through Dealvoucherz, Indiancoupons.in, etc.
What’s so great about Messenger rooms?
We have assimilated the best features of messenger rooms, which make it such a helpful feature on Instagram. Have a read below and find out. Alternatively, you can just start a chat room and wait for all interested participants to join in on that.
- It’s free of costs.
- Unlike other chat room applications, It doesn’t bind the video chat session with any time limit.
- It doesn’t require you to have a Facebook account to use this feature on Instagram.
- It is available across platforms of Facebook and Instagram. One can even access the same through the messenger app.
How to create chat rooms?
- Open your Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Go to the Send (paper plane) icon on the top-right corner of the app. You can alternatively swipe left from your Feed.
- Go to the camera icon present in the top right corner.
- You will find an option named “create a room” at the very top.
- Then tap on the “create a room as (your username)” option that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the usernames of Instagram accounts you would like to have in your chat room. Just plugin the usernames in the search bar and tap on the desired ones as they appear. You would also be able to scroll down the list of usernames below the search bar and tap on the ones you would want to invite to your room.
- You can optionally add a text message describing the chat room at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “Send > Join room” option to proceed.
- You can opt for copying the link to your chat room and share it with the users you want to invite through Instagram.
- As you join the room, you can be seen by anyone already in the chat room. You will be identified in the room through your messenger username.
Facebook has jumped into the video chat room feature bandwagon with its latest in-app Instagram feature Messenger rooms. Get that smartphone you bought through discounts at Indiancoupons.in and try this exciting feature on Instagram.