Slots dominate online casino portfolios with thousands of options provided for free and real money gameplay. Out of the many pokies available online, some stand out thanks to their inventive visuals, payouts, and bonuses. Below are some of those to try out.
Chicago Gold online slot is a 2020 release that highlights the early 1920s and 1930s USA when the alcohol ban was in effect. The pokie features a standard five-by-four playing grid but with stunning visuals that portray the life of famous criminals like Al Capone. The cartoon graphics used to capture the slot’s images are deepened by 3D effects that make it seem like the action is jumping off the screen. The visuals are eye-catching, but what keeps players spinning are the numerous bonuses the pokie has to offer. These incentives make sure there is hardly a dull moment with the set, and they include;
- Wild – substitutes other icons to complete their winning combinations
- Free spins – eight freebies activate when scatters land on the first, third, and fifth reels
- Cash collect – activates when the cash icon lands on the first to fourth reels and a COLLECT symbol lands on the fifth one. The bonus award the Respin Collect, Multi Collect, or Collect bonuses.
- Jackpot feature – awards one of four pooled prizes that feature wins up to 5000 times the placed stake.
Gonzo’s Quest Megaways
Gonzo’s Quest Megaways reintroduces the timeless NetEnt slot, Gonzo’s Quest, with up to 117,649 ways to win. Gonzo remains the slot’s star as he continues to seek the riches of El Dorado. This time, his adventure takes place on a mammoth six-reel grid, and each column holds two to seven characters. With each spin, players can activate any of the following bonuses;
- Avalanche wins – any winning symbols explode off the playtable and leave room for others to fill the reels and trigger other combinations.
- Avalanche multipliers – every cascading win drives up a progressive multiplier. In the base game, it goes up to five times, and in the free spins, it goes up to fifteen times.
- Unbreakable wilds – the mask wilds in the pokie remain on the grid even after being part of a winning combination without exploding like regular symbols
- Free spins – nine freebies activate when three scatters or two scatters and a wild appear anywhere on the playtable.
Pragmatic Play’s Joker King looks like something out of a creepy, clown-faced film. The game is based on traditional fruit slots with the magical transformation of modern graphics and animations. The bright and colorful set features six reels with 25 play lines. The symbol combinations formed pay up to 125 times, which is relatively low, but the bonuses and promotions ensure that gameplay is not a walk in the desert. The joker wild is a memorable character that pays up to five times the stake. Whenever it appears, a random set of icons turn into wilds. If more than one of these unique items appears, the same number of icon sets transforms into wilds.
Immortal Romance is a 2011 release by Microgaming that remains one of its most successful titles to date. The set takes advantage of vampirism and romance to tell a compelling tale on five reels and 243 win ways. The game introduces Sarah, a college student studying immortality, who falls in love with a vampire. Their best friends are also part of the twisted tale, and each one offers a unique free spins bonus as follows:
- Sarah – 25 freebies with Wild Vine bonus
- Michael – 20 spins with Rolling Reels
- Troy – 15 freebies with Vampire Bats feature
- Amber – 10 rounds with a 5x multiplier
Wolf Gold slot machine is a renowned title by Pragmatic Play that strikes both old-school and new-age gamblers. The set takes advantage of the Native American theme, which is presented in unmatched graphics and winnings just as diverse. The player interface adds to the list of upsides with a lucidity that makes effortless navigation possible. The game’s 25 paylines accept stakes between 0.25 and 125 credits. The wolf plays the wild while the rock cliffs play the scatter and activate free spins. During the freebies, the second through fourth reels merges to display colossal symbols. Players can also land one of three progressive jackpots in the Money Respin feature.
Deadwood Slot is a follow-up for the successful Tombstone pokie by NoLimit City, and its anticipation was well-deserved. The game is set deep in the heart of the wild west on a 3-4-4-4-3 setup. The base game emulates many features from the prequel, including poker face cards, bags of cash, gold bars, and guns for symbols. Deadwood takes things to a new level with the bonus features, including four free spins modes. The game is also highly volatile, and the 93.03% RTP rate sweetens the deal. In total, the pokie can offer wins of up to 13,950 times the bet in a single spin.
Mega Moolah hardly needs an introduction to anyone familiar with slot machines. The pokie holds the world record for the largest progressive jackpot win in history, amounting to a little over €17.87 million. Despite being a dated Microgaming release, the set continues to offer the potential for life-changing payouts in the millions. The Mega Jackpot awards such amounts, but players also have a chance to win Mini, Minor, and Major pots with decent portions.
Mega Fortune is another title that gets its claim to fame from high-paying jackpots. The set is responsible for the second-largest slot jackpot, which is valued at around €17.86 million. The massive payouts are awarded during a ‘Wheel of Fortune’ style bonus, which also features two smaller pots. The game’s luxurious theme is open to explore with stakes as little as 0.01 and as much as 0.50, which accommodates small spenders.
Book of Dead, Bonanza, Starburst, Rainbow Riches and Reel King Megaways are other ideal pokies to try out. These games are available to explore in demo modes before investing cash bets for a chance at real money payouts.